• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Just impulsivly bought X, so now I have both X and Y, yay.
Started With Froakie, and got nicknamed Lucy by Tierno, Trevor, Shauna and Calem.
Now to some serious team planning.. Now.. where did I see them Oddish?

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
Harvested the last of the berries I planted and flew back to Dendemaille. Made my way to the Frost Cavern to check out the goings on there. Walked and slid around the icy terrain and fought a few trainers. Caught a Jynx and after enocountering and fainting several finally caught a Haunter. My team was getting a little tired so I backtracked out of the cavern and went back to the Pokemon Center for a rest (I have potions on me, but I always prefer to save at a Pokemon Center). This evening it will be back to the cavern for some more exploration.

RedHulk

Yeah that's what I was planning to do with Huntail and Gorebyss. I don't even know where their respective items are anyway. But I did not know that Steelix was an in-game trade. Cheers!

Their items are on a island in Azure Bay.

TeamTurtle

Was levelling up my wartortle next to the chap that gives u his lapras and a mareep hoard battle began. What's that I see? A purple sheep? He'll yea a shiny. Again. That's twice in this game having bagged a shiny honedge on route 7 ages ago. Shiny mareeps stats are poor though.
Having played through fire red, soul silver, platinum (over 150hrs) white and white 2 I had only once come across a wild shiny patrat which I annoyingly killed. So to have two in only 90 hours of
Play seems arrange

feelingdand

I was out trying to farm some lucky eggs in a friend safari, which I've had pretty good luck with in the past. 2 hours of doing it, I do not find a single lucky egg, but I found 2 shiny Audinos.

Last edited:

Thundorz

Magma Maestro
Finally completed the current National Dex, so I'ne now caught 596 Pokemon and seen 603 :) Time to get catching from my other games before PokeBank comes out.

Austratus

a paper man
I now have my Mirror Move Blaziken! Now, I've been looking to complete an Eeveelution collection: I've had Sylveon long before defeating the Champion, so it's just getting the rest of them, right?

Not so fast.

My goal this time is to have, by the end, four male (Flareon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Leafeon) and four female (Vaporeon, Espeon, Glaceon, Sylveon). To start with, I decided to breed from a random Lv1 Eevee I got in a WT with my Ditto. Of the five or six eggs... all of them were male.

I'm now on Rte. 10 looking for wild Eevee now, but out of all the encounters I've been getting, only one Eevee has been female! On the other hand, I finally got Yanma from a Horde battle.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Finally completed the current National Dex, so I'ne now caught 596 Pokemon and seen 603 :) Time to get catching from my other games before PokeBank comes out.

You can actually see a total of 612 Pokemon without the Bank. Don't know if you actually care to see them all since it won't matter in about a month, but if you're curious, these include Persian, Weezing, Porygon, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Milotic, Buneary, Glameow, Whimsicott, Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Elgyem and Bouffalant.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to build a sort of team to take on the Super Double Battle challenge in the Battle Maison. At the moment, I only have Blaziken on that team, but I may just wait until the Bank comes out to use my old Pokemon here.

magentaman

Finally took the time to evolve a malamar, now I've completed the Kalos section of the national dex. So it'll just be a case of importing the living dex i have on my White2 come Bank and I'll be done :)

feelingdand

You can actually see a total of 612 Pokemon without the Bank. Don't know if you actually care to see them all since it won't matter in about a month, but if you're curious, these include Persian, Weezing, Porygon, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Milotic, Buneary, Glameow, Whimsicott, Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Elgyem and Bouffalant.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to build a sort of team to take on the Super Double Battle challenge in the Battle Maison. At the moment, I only have Blaziken on that team, but I may just wait until the Bank comes out to use my old Pokemon here.

I've seen 613.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I visited another house in Snowbelle City and received the Bulk Up TM, then I wandered down some stairs after crossing a bridge and I arrived at the gatehouse that led to Route 21 and Victory Road, but I quickly returned to Snowbelle City since I wasn't prepared for that yet. I visited the local Pokemon Center once more to purchase some Hyper Potions and Dusk Balls there, then I headed back outside after speaking to Mr. Bonding inside and obtaining another O-Power from him. I decided to visit Route 20 next since it was close to Snowbelle City. I arrived in a forest as I wandered west, which was also known as Winding Woods. I spotted a mossy rock nearby, then I caught a wild Jigglypuff and Noctowl in the tall grass.

Lorde

I moved around the tall grass near the mossy rock which I suspected was used to evolve Eevee into Leafeon, and I battled more wild Pokemon. After catching an Amoonguss, I wandered south to another part of the forest and I passed through more tall grass until I reached another section of the forest. I picked up a Meadow Plate there and I headed back since that part of the forest was a dead end. I wandered west and spotted some Twins. I battled against their Slurpuff and Aromatisse with Pyroar and Raichu, then I battled some more wild Noctowl in the tall grass as I moved south. I encountered a big tree and a Poke Fan nearby. I battled her Snubbull and her Granbull with Pyroar, then I saved the game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Just finished main story once again in X, done the Looker missions, now getting ready to catch the many pokemon I skipped during story line.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I went to the Snowbelle Gym. I did not have any difficulties with the Gym and beat Wulfric's team using only Delphox. After obtaining my last badge, I left for Route 21, which I hadn't explored yet. I caught some more Pokemon on that route and battled more trainers. When I was done there, I did some exploring with Waterfall in order to find some items. Now, I've just been training my team some more in preparation for Victory Road.

Lorde

After beating a female Poke Fan, I used the Dowsing Machine and found an Antidote on the big tree, then I left the clearing since there was nothing else to do there. I headed north into another part of the forest and battled a Fairy Tale Girl as I went around the tall grass. I beat her Klefki with Pyroar's Fire Fang and her Azumarill with Raichu's Thunderbolt, then I moved through the tall grass in search of a Zoroark, but didn't find one. I went into another clearing to the east, but it was also a dead end. I went back to the place were the mossy rock was and I wandered west and found a Kasib Berry on the ground, then I picked up a Paralyze Heal. I found a wild Gothorita in the tall grass in the next clearing and caught it.

Kalosian

So long
My breeding continued today as well. I started with going to the Friend Safari and catching a bunch of Ditto, most of them having the nature I wanted as well. I continued until I had all perfect IVs that I needed across them, it took me 8 Ditto in total to get there. Then I started breeding. With the usual luck and patience, I was able to get my goal today, an Adamant Honedge with perfect IVs in every stat except Sp.Atk. It went much faster than my Froakie breeding, which I am happy about. I also only got less than 2 boxes of Honedge left, I released all of them except for the ones with 4 perfect IVs or more, just like with Froakie. This has lead me to having around two boxes of Froakie and about one of Honedge, will keep them for now, might store them on the Pokemon Bank when it gets released. I will continue tomorrow with more breeding, my next target is Magikarp. I started slightly today by catching a Female Magikarp on Route 3. But before I can continue, I need to catch more Ditto at the Friend Safari since I need a couple of different natures this time around.

I also found a simple but very effective way to see which perfect IVs a Pokemon has got without having to go to the IV checker in Kiloude all the time, I feel like an idiot for not thinking about this before as it would have helped me a lot while I was breeding Froakie. I simply used the mark option in the game to mark what perfect stats the Pokemon has since there are 6 different stats and 6 different marks, making it super easy to check. This will hopefully help me even more in the future.

Lorde

After catching Gothorita, I continued moving throughout the forest on Route 20. I arrived at another part of the forest where I found another large tree and a Mental Herb on it when I used the Dowsing Machine. I found another clearing and picked up a Tiny Mushroom from the ground, then I went south and arrived at an area of the forest that had rocky terrain. I went through a narrow gap between the trees and used Cut on a tree, then I ran into a Hex Maniac. I battled her Trevenant with Pyroar and after beating it, I picked up the Energy Ball TM which would be useful later. I backtracked afterwards but then I just got lost in the forest a few more times before I arrived at a clearing where I saw Gym Leader Wulfric.