• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Aetius

Not doing much.
I'm just training different Pokèmon to hit the super battles at the battle Maison, because I realized how difficult it was to win them with only the Pokèmon that I captured during the playthrough of X.
I'm half-way through, but there's still a lot to do. :D

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
My Ditto safari is trolling me. I keep getting neutral-natured ones, or multiple natures that I'm not looking for anymore. Make it stop!

I've also done okay on ranked online matches so far, about 8-1 I think. Still tweaking my team here and there, and doing lots of IV breeding.

BluePingu

Kinda unrelated, but I love Serebii's theme at the moment!!
Only a few hours until the big event! :)

I have been training water type pokemon at the moment for my mono-team, but I am having trouble thinking of a Physical attack :/

If anyone wants to exchange friend codes with me, I'll be able to answer requests this afternoon from around 3:30 PM to possibly around 8 PM EST. My 3DS Friend Code is 0318-8148-1351. I don't know what type my Friend Safari is, or what Pokémon it contains, so I apologize in advance if it's not what you need, sucks really bad, or gives you any glitches. If it's something awesome, though, let me know!

EDIT: My availability time was wrong. It'll be closer to 3:30 PM EST that I'll be able to answer friend requests, not noon. I'm heading to my sister's house to watch a football game, and she has a compatible Wi-Fi connection that I'll be able to connect to to answer friend requests, chat, wonder trade, access Game Sync, etc. My 3DS/in-game username is Darius. Add me if you find my name in your passersby list!

Last edited:

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Was leveling up azurril for IV breeders and only one evolved per level. Only one evolved at level 27 even when they all had the same level and base happiness and I hadn't battled with any of them (Exp share did the job). None of them had been in my party any longer than another but they still refused to evolve at the same level. The ones that were marril's had no problem evolving at the same time. I might test it out a little more, but I think when you have several pokemon of the same species that evolve with friendship they won't all evolve on the same level.
Oh, an the levels were 27, 28, 29, and 30 and they were all in repeat balls apart from the last to evolve. I had them in the slots 2 3 4 +5 and they evolved in the order 4 3 5 +2.

I started to wonder trade, got a Modest FLAWLESS Larvitar.
Iv bred for around 30 minutes. Now I have an adamant one.

~30 minutes later I got a mewtwo named Heinsburg that had 4 perfect ivs and was ev trained.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Last night i finished ev training my Fraxure and Shelgon. I used my remaining rare candies to evolve Fraxure into Haxorus. I still have ways to go to finally get salamence. I did alot of wonder trades last night as well. I got a Growlithe with Close Combat as an egg move AND it has 31 ivs in 4 stats. I got to say that isn't so bad because it is also Adamant nature. I am going to ev train it today and then get Arcanine :3 on of my top favorite Fire type pokemon!

Vasarto

I traded my xerneas for a ocean villon... :( Oh well but at least its cool.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating Elite Four Drasna and healing my Pokemon, I headed into the Ironworks Chamber to the right of the lobby. After passing some pillars, I was taken up on a platform, and I battled Wikstrom between too giant swords. He sent out his Klefki first, and I used Pangoro against it. I used Hammer Arm on it, but Klefki survived and used Dazzling Gleam. I switched to Pyroar and I beat Klefki with Flamethrower, then I used Greninja against his Probopass. I beat it with Surf, then I switched back to Pyroar and I battled his Scizor with it. Flamethrower was super effective, and I used another Flamethrower attack to defeat Wikstrom's Aegislash. I headed out of the room after beating the second Elite Four member.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I've been putting several of my pokemon through a ton of training in the super training, then I curbstomped my rival serena with my mega mewtwo y who I've been pumping up in the super training program to make better use of the physical attack boost it gets from transforming

Cisco100

I planted some berries a couple days ago and I decided that I was gonna go check on them. When I went into the berry field their were some shaking trees which meant their were pokemon. As I checked a combee appeared and it was a different color and I realized it was a shiny combee. As the health bar appeared I saw that the combee was male :( I still decided to catch it though. Now I have a shiny male combee.

AquilaTempestas

Galactic Fan
I've decided to start again - the post-game content was a bit of a let down (I loved the post-game content in White/Black 2) so I'm replaying Y.

I'm setting a challenge for myself - complete the game using only dragon type pokemon. They're my favourite type so it will be fun.

Thinking of going with a Salamence, Flygon, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Garchomp and Dragonite for the elite 4.

Lorde

I wandered back into the Pokemon League building's lobby after beating Wikstrom in one of the rooms. I knew that only two Elite Four members remained, so I entered the Blazing Chamber. The floating platform took me up and I walked past two giant jets of fire and spoke to Elite Four Malva. She sent out her Pyroar first, and I used Greninja's Surf attack against it, which beat it easily. Malva then used Talonflame and I switched to Raichu. Thunderbolt beat Talonflame with one hit, then I used Malamar against her Chandelure. I used Night Slash against it, and although I beat Chandelure, Malamar got burned by Flame Body. I used Greninja's Surf attack against Torkoal afterwards and I finally defeated Malva.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
My team is finally at or above level 50! I keep training them, in hopes of uncovering new moves that I favor, but the team is otherwise battle-ready.

...Or so I told myself. Crobat seemed to fall short in several test battles I had, so I began searching for an alternate Poison-type. Seviper and Arbok came to mind, and something about Intimidate Arbok just appealed to me. I began searching Route 19 for one, unsure of whether to look in the grass or the marshland below.

Even now, I still haven't found one, but I think I've found something far, far more worthwhile.

I encountered a Gligar horde battle, and this gave me a wicked idea. I wiped out the first horde of Gligar (didn't want to keep playing a 'guessing game'), and began searching for a second (Honey helped with that). I taught Gardevoir Toxic beforehand, so I could find the one Gligar who had Immunity.

With a little breeding and a test of my current team's prowess in the Battle Maison (bashed my way through the Rotation Battle with Eva, Blaziken and Kingdra, using my old Lucario as my fourth, just in case), I now have a level 28 Gliscor, Jolly Nature and with Poison Heal (and a Toxic Orb to accompany). I intend to use Crobat until Gliscor is caught up, but once he is, I'll feel far more confident in my sixth Pokemon.

My trip through the Battle Maison was not simple - not the first time I challenged the Single Battle chain again. A Sharpedo with Speed Boost apparently had all the tools necessary to exterminate my entire team of Mega Lucario, Aerodactyl and Aegislash. Once again, a Water-type proves detrimental to the team of old... a part of me worries I may still have that problem with my new team, as I have no Grass/Electric-types to deal with Water-types. Time will tell, I suppose. When I challenged the Battle Maison's Rotation Battle with Eva, Blaziken and Kingdra, however, they fared far better than I'd initial expected - though I did find it more than a bit peculiar that a +2 Speed Mega Blaziken was still slower than a few 'neutral'-Speed Pokemon (that is, they didn't do a thing to increase their Speed, nor did they use priority moves). It proved a headache more than anything, though.

I've begun giving thought to a second team, and it stems entirely from the level 20 Adamant Gyarados with Moxie in my Box. I'm considering a mono-team of Water-types, something I quite enjoy doing and have done in the past. Nonetheless, I'm still not sure if it's something I want to do.

For some odd reason, I've also begun raising a Swirlix I've nicknamed Adoraderp, and plan to evolve into Slurpuff, and (this is the odd part) plan to use in wireless battles at some point or another. I'm not even a big fan of Slurpuff, nor do I think, at first glance, that it has much use beyond being (simply being) a Fairy-type, so this one's just kind of making me look at myself with pure, abject confusion.

On the topic of nicknames, I've given them to the rest of my new primary team (excluding Blaziken, whom I forgot is from XY and thus cannot be nicknamed, and I don't really feel like raising a second Torchic to the level 59 my current Blaziken now is).

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I traded my team and my event torchic to my neighbor. When he had all of my important items and pokemon I started my game over. I chose chespin as my starter.

KikoKo

Chrom ♥
I hatched 3 shiny Phantumps. a shiny ♂espurr, and like 5 shiny fennekins recently.
I have over 340 eggs that arent any good. so im hatching them all and releasing them
for new shinies. I don't know what to try for next.
It's either 'Petilil', 'Froakie', 'Chespin', 'Spritzee' , or 'Swirlix'

Lorde

I healed Malamar with Full Heal after beating Elite Four Malva, and I headed to the final Elite Four room next: the Flood Chamber. Once I took the platform up, I saw two chainsaw-like objects and then a jet of water started flooding the room and I spoke to Siebold and we battled. He sent out his Clawitzer and I used Raichu's Thunderbolt against it. Clawitzer fainted with one hit, and Siebold used his Starmie afterwards. Starmie managed to hit Raichu with Psychic, but Raichu survived and used Thunderbolt to beat Starmie. I used Pangoro against Siebold's Barbaracle next and Hammer Arm defeated it. All that remained was his Gyarados, which Raichu defeated. The final door at the lobby opened afterwards and I saved.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Just about reached the first Battle Maison leader! : D Still not much else to report. Just filling up PokéDex pages...

Oh. I guess I should mention that my team of Average Joe's nearly defeated a team of Legendaries in a passerby battle before my opponent disconnected. I'm quite proud of them. :')