• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I walked into the Radiant Chamber and moved up on a platform. I arrived at Champion Diantha's luminous room and I battled her. She used Hawlucha first and I used Raichu. Thunderbolt hit and did damage, but Hawlucha survived and used Swords Dance. Another Thunderbolt was enough to beat it, then Diantha used Tyrantrum. I used Pangoro's Hammer Arm, but Tyrantrum survived and used Earthquake. I had to switch Pokemon and I used Greninja's Ice Beam to finish off Tyrantrum. I used Pangoro again against Aurorus and I beat it with Hammer Arm. I then switched to Greninja and I defeated Diantha's Goodra with Ice Beam. Diantha used Gourgeist next and I switched to Talonflame and beat it with Flare Blitz. I switched back to Pangoro and used it against Diantha's Gardevoir, which mega evolved, but a couple of Poison Jab attacks were enough to beat Mega Gardevoir and end the battle.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Aaaaaaand i'd like to extend a middle finger to the Rhydon who single-handedly destroyed my Battle Maison run ONE TRAINER before the boss... Stupid Quick Claw... Frillawatt never even saw it coming. : / Meh. At least it gives me a chance to grind up some more BP. Back to the beginning...

Oh. At least I FINALLY managed to find a Reset Bag for Super Training. Now, who to use it on...

ImpendingChaos

My God, the combination of the Exp. Share and Pokémon-Amie have made my team so overleveled.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
After beating the League, I started doing the Investigation stories. I finished all them and faced the guy at team Flare's old lab. Once that was done, I finished the last chapter and continued working on the Dex. I also went and caught Zygarde, which is currently in the box. I am out now catching some Pokemon that I haven't yet. Done some GTS trading and Wonder trading a bit earlier. Next, I'll go back the Pokemon League and re-challenge it to raise my Blaziken up to match the others levels. Pretty soon I'll be breeding eggs to get smaller forms. My current team is:

Xerneas lvl 67
Talonflame lvl 69
Chaizard lvl 69
Blaiken lvl 48
Lucario lvl 69
Tyrantrum lvl 65

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So, yeah, a lot has happened.

X
After about 30 SRs, I got a Female Amaura with a Nature that doesn't absolutely suck.
I trained it up, and made it solo Grant.
Radiance and Robin Evolved soon after, and i got to Shalour City.
I promptly beat everybody there, and once I found out I was exactly 6 Levels above all of Korrina's Pokémon, I turned off the Exp. Share.
Afterwards, I got Lapras and Lucario, and caught a Masquerain and Scatterbug, and bred a few Surskit Eggs.
I hatched a Female one, who I named Drip.
I saved at Route 12.
Everybody except Drip has maximum Affection.

Last edited:

DerpCake

Been hunting for shinies haha. I think I've mastered the pokeradar :O other than that, been losing a lot in random battles. Snapped a losing streak using a team of dedenne, blastoise and chandelure against a garchomp, mega blaziken and aegislash. Dedenne is OP lol

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
Long List AHOY!
I beat Team Flare (Teemphlair)
I caught Xerneas with 1 regular Pokeball at full health. Scumbag Tox.
Entered Winding Woods, caught myself a Jigglypuff named Nightmare.
Found Wulfric and his misleading coat.
Got myself a Pixie Plate. Hold that stuff, Jiggles.
Wanting a Rare Candy for Wigglytuff action.
Caught Male lvl 50 Zoroark. Again, full health regular Pokeball.
Taught Nightmare Flamethrower, Rock Smash and Thunderbolt.
Venusaur learned Strength. By force.

CURRENT TEAM: Greninja, Salamence, Medicham, Jigglypuff, Vanilluxe and Venusaur. Wanting to replace Jiggles here with Scizor, but meh.

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
tumblr_mwrn8fl8PS1sze1lzo1_500.jpg

LOOK AT IT. LOOK. LOOK AT IT.

While hoarding Dittos and Ivysaur's in Friend Safari this morning so I can breed the ULTIMATE VENUSAURRRR I ran into my second shiny! A Shiny ditto!! Im proud of that one even though its IV's suuuuck

True or False? breeding with a shiny ditto raises the chances of getting a shiny baby? I think I read that somewhere but I'm skeptical.

Attachments

• tumblr_mwrn8fl8PS1sze1lzo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mwrn8fl8PS1sze1lzo1_500.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

fireice

no the parents been shiny has no influence. What I have heard is having pokemon from different regions i.e Japan or whatever increased your chances.

Nope, shininess is not dependent on the IV of the pokemon; The shiny parent passing down the shininess only happened in Gen 2.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Vaniville Town, early morning

I sipped the toffee nut latté dear mumsy made. If I missed anything through the journey through Kalos, it was mom's homemade breakfast. Nobody can beat her toffee nut coffee, and she is now serving me a big stack of pancakes with honey. Add to that the bacon and mushroom and I'm in breakfast heaven.

I have finally put Project Justified to close, having bred my goal Riolus. Warhound-Oh, my perfect Riolu I had acquired a few days back, is now a Lucario, and he's now eating his breakfast with perfect manners, just like a noble eating his buttered toast.

However, his perfect demeanor isn't exactly followed by his brothers. Pierrot ★ and Jester ★, a twin of shiny and Jolly Prankster Riolus were energetically playing with mom's Fletchling. The tiny bird, however, looked haggard trying to keep up and get away from the two tricksters. Jester ★ slipped and knocked off the puff Warhound-Oh was currently eating. Employing a Bullet Punch, Warhound-Oh quickly caught the falling pastry and hit Jester ★ in one smooth motion, causing him to fall down onto Fletchling and make him squack outloud. A Ducklett couldn't make a better racket.

I snickered as mom exited the kitchen and gave the four a good scolding. As they cowered before the one wielding a frying pan, it's good to see dear, old mumsy get angry at somebody else aside me. But then of course she turns to me and gives me an earful for not making them behave. I just sighed as I gave my defeated agreement.

Doesn't matter if you're a League Champion, a Grand Duke, or conqueror of the Mayonnaise. The frying pan rules all.

-----------------------------
Kiloude City, after lunch

"Pierrot ★, use Copycat!"

I was in the Battle Mayo, this time not to beat up enemies to gain points, but to test something out. That explains why I'm back in the Singles matches instead of the Super Singles.

Having Prankster Riolus gave me a chance to test something out. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work anymore. Pierrot ★, who just set off a mighty fine Roar the previous turn to scare away the opponent's Pokémon, now finds it impossible to mimic what it is exactly he did the previous turn with his Copycat.

I guess the information was outdated. Sad. I guess I'll just have to train Pierrot ★ to beat his enemies the old fashioned way instead. Anyway, I wrapped up the battle by sending out Niv-Mizzet to burn up the opposition. This being just the regular Singles, poor sap didn't stand a chance. I still recorded the video though, not as much as the fight, but as battle data.

I checked my Holocaster and looked at the time. I saw that it was almost time for my trade, so I looked at my friend list and saw that my contact was online. Seeing as he was not engaging in any activity, I tapped him up for a trade hoping he wasn't busy. It seemed he wasn't, as he accepted the offer and then the XY NET Trade GUI appeared in front of me. I selected one of my premier battle-bred Torchics, and I saw on his end that he was sending a shiny Braixen. Sweetness. After a few more checks, we traded Pokémon, and I received my brand new shiny. I then selected a premier Scyther as per agreement, and he traded for it, well, a Bidoof. Well, the Braixen was what I was after for anyway. It looked more like a spellcaster as a Shiny, having a purple scheme befitting a wizard.

With the deal sealed, I closed the Trade GUI and ended the connection. I sent him a "Nice", and received one in return. I haven't taken 5 steps from the spot when an "acquaintance", actually a guy who challenged me and beat me in battle, wished to do a trade. Unfortunately, my friend list was full at that time, so I decline his invitation, as the trade won't result in us adding each other, which is probably his intent. The bugger, however, kept tapping me for a trade, so just to stop it, I acquiesced.

I was wondering what he wanted to trade. He showed a shiny Sharpedo. Oh no. It's one of those shiny braggarts. Well, that's one reason why I started hunting and breeding shinies: to shut up people who wanted to brag about theirs. I showed him Hugo ★, and then 4 of my other combat shinies. I finally ended with Zodiark ★, and as he didn't show any other Pokémon, I thought that was that. However, he showed two Pokémon who had their names seem to say "PLEASE" and "TRADE" and showed the shiny Sharpedo. Zodiark ★ wasn't really combat ready, I decided to put him up for trade and see if he was serious. It seemed he was, as the trade commenced and a few seconds later I was the new owner of a purple glass cannon.

With that, he ended the trade. Unfortunately for him, I couldn't add him to my friend list, and thus he couldn't add me to his. Well, I did have that as my message, so if he didn't read that, it was his fault entirely.
-----------------------------
Friend Safari, late afternoon

Realizing that my full friend list is a bit of a problem, I decided to organize my friend safari list and remove the redundancies. Of course that meant visiting them, which I really haven't done much aside those of which I had a need off back then. And visiting around 70 to 80 Safari Zones and finding what they have isn't exactly a walk in the park (it's a safari, after all).

Especially as some Pokémon really don't want to appear. I slapped my forehead as the 15th Nosepass in a row appeared.

I was cataloging a Ground Safari Zone when something happened to break the monotony. A wild Diggersby appeared, and the "CATCH IT CATCH IT CATCH IT CATCH IT" klaxons on my head started ringing. This was my first accidental shiny encounter: it isn't something I'm breeding or fishing for, which are Pokémon I have intended to get a shiny for. I sent out Tourné ★, my Venomoth which I was with at that time, and ordered a Sleep Powder. With the target falling asleep, I then went and threw a Luxury Ball at it, not wanting to damage it as I had no Pokémon in my party that can do gentle taps to the creature. It took 3 balls to catch it, but I finally caught it and name it Digdug ★.

Even though my survey wasn't complete, I exited the Zone and went back to the Safari lounge to use their computer. Accessing Cassius's servers, I checked on my new shiny Diggersby. It was Modest (bummer) and had Cheek Pouch instead of Super Power. Still, it was a shiny, and I'm thinking of buying it an Ability Capsule so I can have a shiny Pickup utility Pokémon.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
LOOK AT IT. LOOK. LOOK AT IT.

While hoarding Dittos and Ivysaur's in Friend Safari this morning so I can breed the ULTIMATE VENUSAURRRR I ran into my second shiny! A Shiny ditto!! Im proud of that one even though its IV's suuuuck

True or False? breeding with a shiny ditto raises the chances of getting a shiny baby? I think I read that somewhere but I'm skeptical.

Whew. What does it matter man it's still a shiny and an Impostor. Aside the HP (which isn't that bad either), the other stats of Imposter doesn't matter.

And it's shiny!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I made it to Dendemille Town and it was snowing. I was all happy about that. I met with Trevor and he was talking about something with the Pokedex. I kinda tuned the poor guy out. I didn't see a Gym but I headed to the Frost Cavern and caught some new ice Pokemon like Piloswine, Beartic, and even a Jynx. Team Flare were inside the Frost Cavern trying to steal Abomasnow, so I had too destroy their grunts here. They run away, I get the thing to Mega Evolve Abomasnow and went off. Next I got to ride on a Mamoswine through the snow routes and it was fun mostly. I got to capture a Delibird along the way. I then made it to Anistar City, defeated my rival and then went to the weirdest Gym I have ever seen. It was fun though. I got to battle the Gym Leader, who was as boring as she was easy, but then again I'm overleveled thanks to the Chateau where I make my money. I like my Tyrantrum named Jurassic defeat Sigilyph, then Serecham the Pangoro defeated Slowking in one Crunch. I let my Clawitzer battle Meowstic, because he was my weakest and needed to catch up with my other team and it was victorious. I got the Badge, left and got a message that Team Flare want to rule the world. Time to go stop them and catch a legendary soon.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I was catching pokemon I had left out while I was during the story when I reach Route 14. I was fishing to catch pokemon when I encounter a shiny Whiscash after hooking several pokemon with my super rod without breaking the chain. By the way, when it appeared I thought the screen said: "A rare Whiscash appeared!" I was concentrating on Whiscash, so I am not sure if I read wrong or what.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Haha! Frillawatt got revenge on that foolish Rhydon by drowning the brutish beast in the pure, blue waters of Surf. I prefer to call it... Justice. I then proceeded to utterly decimate its pathetic trainer, Artist Olive, by eradicating the remainder of her "team". May she forever languish in the misery and humiliation of defeat.

And I got a Girafarig through Wonder Trade. Neat.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally continued with x version. I caught my final team member, phantump, l named him Jekyl got to the 7th gym, beat all the gym trainers, evolved Jekyl since I got him to lv 45 and got my new cool link between worlds 3ds xl, beat Olympia, got my 7th badge, got to lumiose city, beat all the grunts and Lysander, got to Geosenge town, caught xerneas, and am now about to continue. My xerneas is actually a modest nature O.O

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating Champion Diantha, we took a platform up to the Hall of Fame room. The game saved and then Diantha spoke to me and registered me and my Pokemon in the Hall of Fame. Afterwards there was a cut-scene showing me, Tierno, Trevor and Shauna walking towards Professor Sycamore on a red carpet and then AZ arrived and requested a battle with me, which was unexpected. He sent out his Torkoal and I used Greninja's Surf to defeat it, then I switched out to Pangoro when AZ sent out his Golurk. I defeated it with Crunch and then AZ used his Sigilyph and I used Raichu's Thunderbolt to beat it. After beating AZ, his Floette appeared in the sky and AZ got some closure and a happy ending which was nice.

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
After 100 hours of gameplay I finally found my first shiny. It was a Durant in a horde battle. It's IV's and nature aren't really usable but it will stay in my shiny PC box and wait for the release of Pokebank so I can transfer some of my other ones over. Still haven't got chain fishing working and after MMing a hundred Honedge eggs still nothing, so I think I will have to stay with trying to get shinies by random encounter.

Mega Typhlosion

After 100 hours of gameplay I finally found my first shiny. It was a Durant in a horde battle. It's IV's and nature aren't really usable but it will stay in my shiny PC box and wait for the release of Pokebank so I can transfer some of my other ones over. Still haven't got chain fishing working and after MMing a hundred Honedge eggs still nothing, so I think I will have to stay with trying to get shinies by random encounter.

I also found my first shiny totally random. It was a Psyduck on a horde. Before that I spent a lot chaining Absol with no luck xD
But now I've got a Fennekin from MM so I'm feeling lucky again.
Currently trying to get some good natured female Quilladins on safari right now to finish my Battle Spot Special team.

Kalosian

So long
Continued with my Dedenne breeding, didn't do a lot yesterday but did more today. I managed to obtain 2 Dedenne with 4 perfect IVs that weren't in the exact same stats, one male and one female, both of them also have the nature I want. Will keep on breeding until I get a Male Dedenne with 5 perfect IVs in the right stats, it should hopefully not take too long so I'm hoping to have it done tomorrow. Then I can finally move on to my actual target.