• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Navarch

Is it possible to get a Level 1 Gourgeist on Pokemon X? Because I just got one from Wonder Trade...

EDIT: Nevermind, Pumpkaboo evolves by Trade *facepalm*

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So, I'm basically just doing what I always do: Harvesting Money at the Battle chataeu while slowly working on the Central Kalos part of the Pokedex
Now, I have obtained my favourite Pokemon, and Oh. My. GOD! Metagross is absolutely goregous in this game!

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Hatched just over 300 eggs via Masuda method (first time breeding for a shiny mind you), no shiny Froakie as of yet. But I've not found a shiny since Diamond in '07 (shiny Gastly), so I will press on!

MercyMe

Hatched just over 300 eggs via Masuda method (first time breeding for a shiny mind you), no shiny Froakie as of yet. But I've not found a shiny since Diamond in '07 (shiny Gastly), so I will press on!

I have an ongoing Froakie MM too. Though mine is on hold and you have nearly double the amount of eggs I do. Good luck in your hunt, hopefully it shines for you sooner rather than later!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
If you ever need someone to trade with I have Y exclusives. Including Mega Stones that I'd love to switch with. (Aggronite and Pensirite) :)

Thats alright I'm getting all the pokemon on Y version and I want to try and get all the pokemon from my own games.

RDaneel

I was in random battle... and discovered that legendaries (the usual suspects) are not banned! as they were in BW/BW2. I still won, but wasn't expecting Xerneas and Mega-Mewtwo. I hadn't seen this stated anywere.

BluePingu

Just clocked 270 Hours and managed to get a 5IV Adamant Gible w/ Iron Head!

Very happy right now ^^

Next I am going to try and get a good Joltik

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
I have an ongoing Froakie MM too. Though mine is on hold and you have nearly double the amount of eggs I do. Good luck in your hunt, hopefully it shines for you sooner rather than later!

Haha thanks, I'm considering putting mine on hold as well so I can finish off my Mountain Dex (it only needs 30 more pokemon) and then I'll have finished every Dex so I can get the Oval Charm and get eggs sooner.

TheGreaterLucario

I was in random battle... and discovered that legendaries (the usual suspects) are not banned! as they were in BW/BW2. I still won, but wasn't expecting Xerneas and Mega-Mewtwo. I hadn't seen this stated anywere.

Unfortunately, legendaries aren't banned in Free Battles. Because of this, I've lost a couple times to some noob who has to resort to using uber-legendaries (in this case, Xerneas, Yveltal, Mewtwo and Zygarde) to win battles.

RDaneel

Unfortunately, legendaries aren't banned in Free Battles. Because of this, I've lost a couple times to some noob who has to resort to using uber-legendaries (in this case, Xerneas, Yveltal, Mewtwo and Zygarde) to win battles.

A well trained Gengar should scare them :D

Mine did, and while it's EV trained, it wasn't IV bred :)

I got all my White2 Pokémon prepped for next month when the Bank and Transporter come out. Hopefully I'll be able to access my sister's wifi to utilize it before the free trial offer expires, but even if I can't, it's only five bucks a year. I'm sure my sister will let me use my money for that. I removed their hold items and HM moves, taught them anti-Fairy moves, and removed Outrage from everybody except my Arcanine, who I'd have to re-raise from scratch to teach it Crunch or Close Combat, or switch its build to a mixed sweeper and teach it Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse. I don't care for mixed sweepers all that much.

Also, hopefully I can actually transfer them, because even tho I've never used cheats on W2 directly, it's had contact with my hacked Pt/HG/B1/W1 games. The Pokemon themselves aren't modified in any way, but they're mostly caught with Master Balls, raised with Rare Candies and vitamins, and their held items were obtained without fighting a single Subway/Frontier battle. Even if they're not holding them, it might still question how they got in my bag. If it detects signs of receiving assistance from hacked files, even if signs of hacking on the file in question are absent, I've screwed myself over, quite royally indeed.

Last edited:

pikachu54549

Anyways, still doing my usual, checking here, spending about 30 minutes trying to find an ekens horde, starts to rain, look back on here to see if my question on all the regenerating items is answered yet, and repeat.

Getting ready to start my MMing 5 iv eevees, got a good amount of egg moves ready to be bred onto them.
Speaking of, does anyone have a munna they'd be willing to part with? I'd like stored power on my eevee

Klay

Titan Tamer
Mega-Venusaur is such a bulky pokemon,love it so much! I know it by fact, but I during the battle Iam still impress by some situation. Ive just done a Battle spot wifi battle againt a person that I am sure that he have ev trained is pokemon. M-Saur resisted a Talonflame Brave bird! I wasnt at full HP! My favorite Pokemon and Mega!

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
The past few days I've been trying to evolve Sligoo, but Kalos seems to be suffering a major drought. Every time I've visited in the past Routes 8 and 14 have always been raining. Now...not a drop =(

shadowj0

Casual Veteran
Got both X and Y a couple days after release, Started with Y. First shiny was Hoppip in horde. Haven't seen another one, haven't really tried to. Shinies don't matter much to me as I don't participate in meta anymore. Finished Y a while back, just berry harvesting for the most part. Raising pokemon hasn't been easier! I mean, I just started X a week ago and have a fully evolved starter at the 2nd gym. It's quite amazing how efficient they made experience become.

I got all my White2 Pokémon prepped for next month when the Bank and Transporter come out. Hopefully I'll be able to access my sister's wifi to utilize it before the free trial offer expires, but even if I can't, it's only five bucks a year. I'm sure my sister will let me use my money for that. I removed their hold items and HM moves, taught them anti-Fairy moves, and removed Outrage from everybody except my Arcanine, who I'd have to re-raise from scratch to teach it Crunch or Close Combat, or switch its build to a mixed sweeper and teach it Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse. I don't care for mixed sweepers all that much.

Also, hopefully I can actually transfer them, because even tho I've never used cheats on W2 directly, it's had contact with my hacked Pt/HG/B1/W1 games. The Pokemon themselves aren't modified in any way, but they're mostly caught with Master Balls, raised with Rare Candies and vitamins, and their held items were obtained without fighting a single Subway/Frontier battle. Even if they're not holding them, it might still question how they got in my bag. If it detects signs of receiving assistance from hacked files, even if signs of hacking on the file in question are absent, I've screwed myself over, quite royally indeed.

I highly doubt that they'll be unable to be transfered unless you actually hacked them into your came. I used an action replay once (just to get max money) back in pearl and will be so mad if I can't transfer any of my pokemon and I'm sure nintendo thought about that people who hack in their pokemon and then trade then to other people.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I swapped Pokemon at the Kiloude City Pokemon Center, then I flew to Dendemille Town. I wandered north to the Frost Cavern area to look for some wild Pokemon for my collection. After wandering around the frozen cave and catching various Pokemon, I headed back to Dendemille Town and I purchased some Super Potions since my previous stock was running low. I used the Move Relearner's services afterwards, then I flew to Lumiose City again and I visited some places of interest there. After shopping for more clothes and changing at the local Pokemon Center, I did some trades with my sister's Y version and moved some more Pokemon into her game. I then used Talonflame's Fly and returned to Shalour City.

Caught my 2nd shiny in X/Y. . .
It was a Zubat.

Guess a shiny is still a shiny. . .