• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Roughneck JB

I got a friend to help me with doing some Item Trade evolutions: namely Scizor, Electivire and Magmortar, as well as switching Gengar (essentially, mine started out as Haunter).

More Wonder Trading as well, sending out random Torchics I breeded in my quest to get a Mirror Move-using Blaziken. I cycled through quite a few starters today, including two Froakie with hidden, as well as a Gardevoir with the Pokerus! I ended up keeping a male Skarmory and female Skrelp out of all of it so far.

The last thing I'm doing is either (a) levelling up Nidorino and Nidorina to gain their last moves before evolving them with Stones or (b) getting Noivern to steal Heart Scales.

Use Noivern. That's what I do :p

I just encountered my first Horde shiny, Gulpin, in the middle of EV training... So my Frogadier had to sit tight & be slowly killed by tiny sludge-piles so I could catch it. I felt pretty bad, I'm not gonna lie... :/

SugarPixelz

Shiny Hunter
I beat the Elite 4 a while ago, and have just been catching shinies!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm currently tracking Zapdos. I ran into this thing like nine times already and never get a chance to do anything against it! I've never been so frustrated. It's also harder to get the Pokemon to move between routes now. That's kinda okay because unlike with Platinum version I don't have that tracker on the bottom screen. I don't know how many times I have to see Zapdos before I'm allowed to get it. I'm not using a walkthrough...yet.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I arrived outside of the Santalune City Gym and I spoke to the Gym attendant upon entering. Given that the Gym specialized in Bug-types, I was planning on just using Fennekin and Fletchling against the trainers. I stepped onto the sticky web after settling on which Pokemon I would be using. I made my way around the spider web and I followed the dew drops while also battling against the Gym trainers inside just to level up my Pokemon some more. I battled two Youngsters and their Ledyba and Spewpa with Psyduck and Fletchling, then I used Fennekin against a Lass and her Kakuna and Combee, both of which fainted against Fennekin's Ember. I healed my Pokemon again and I saved in front of Gym Leader Viola.

I'm leveling up my "Munchlax Squad" for future team!! C:

ImpendingChaos

I just recently finished the main storyline and, believe it or not, I don't have any friend codes registered in my 3DS. I want to utilize the Friend Safari. Anyone want to exchange friend codes?

Lorde

I finally battled against Gym Leader Viola at the Santalune Gym and she sent out her Surskit first and I used Fletchling. I had Fletchling attack with Peck. Surskit endured it and used its Bubble attack which did some damage. I had Fletchling use Peck once more and that was super effective and defeated Surskit. Viola then switched out to Vivillon after that and I used my Fennekin against it. Vivillon attacked with its Infestation attack which did some damage, but then Fennekin use Ember. That was super effective but Viola's Vivillon survived the attack. Another Ember was enough to finally beat it though. I obtained the Bug Badge and the Infestation TM from Viola. I headed towards the Gym's exit and I saved the game.

I've been training my shiny Clawitzer a lot lately, and I got her to Lv.90! Her Careful nature really hinders her, but she's a real trooper and soldiers on anyway. Amie bonuses really help, there's no telling how many Amie-boosted crits, dodges, and EXP gains have contributed to making her training easier, little bits at a time. Just ten levels to go until she's fully maxed out, and I'm so sick of the arrogant rich people at the Chateau. I can't wait until I'm done with it completely!

Daveo100

I like Chesse
Well i have been trying to get a Sunskit with Hydro Pump and Mind reader as it egg moves. I just succeeded. Now i just need ot get my Lapras to level 100 and I have a Level 100 team.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I trained haunter so that it was the same level as the rest of my team. I beat the laverre gym. I had my friend evolve my haunter for me.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Beat the Pokemon League, beat AZ at the celebration. I also found the Super Rod and used it to catch Dragonair. Now working on evolving Dragionair into Dragonite. Then I'll go out and catch Mewtwo and other Legendary's in the game. Right now, I'm training Dragonair in Victory Road since it is the highest lvl Pokemon in the game. My Aerodactyl needs to grow some levels to. I may start breeding some Pokemon for either dex or wonder trades.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
Just completed the Pokedex and got the Oval Charm.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Was trying to get a Calm/Modest female eevee for sylveon by breeding an eevee with foreign ditto that I got from the GTS, after like 30 eggs, I got a Shiny male eevee!

... and I gave up trying to get that female eevee with that nature.

Lorde

I visited the Santalune City Pokemon Center after winning the Bug Badge from Viola. After healing my Pokemon there, I planned to go to Route 4 - aka, Parterre Way. I met Alexa before leaving Santalune City and I obtained the Exp. Share from her. Once I had finally arrived on Route 4, I wandered around and explored the yellow flowers around the route. I encountered many Pokemon. I found and caught a wild Skitty, Budew, and Combee in the flowers and battled a few more Pokemon for the experience. I moved around the labyrinth of hedges and I arrived at the fountain in the middle of Parterre Way. I battled against Gardeners and their Corphish, and against Roller Skaters, Poke Fans and Preschoolers as well.

Au Au

A lil bit ditzy
~ Discovered the Medichamite and wrecked the Waiters in Le Yeah using Mega-cham
~ WT for a while, and accidentally traded a Drought Vulpix >_<
~ I got several Bunnelby, a Pidgey, a hatched Skarmory with perfect IV in Speed and Defense, and a Gale Wings Fletchling (AGAIN)
~ Bred Pancham, Furfrou, Spinda, and Spritzee to give away via WT next time

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
after yesterdays string of good luck, today i am having a string of very bad luck.
- First the female Wonder Skin Venonat I put on the GTS asking for a Magic Bounce Natu got traded for a regular Natu (why can't you set abilities?). Really annoys me when people do that.
- Then I spent half the morning hunting purple trees for Chestro Berries only for it to take AGES!
- Then all I wanted to breed was a female Drought Vulpix that was Alert to Sounds. Easy right? I mean females have a 75% hatch chance. NOPE! 10 males in a row, then when I finally got a female it had Flash Fire!
- Now my Skiddo and Eevee don't like each other much, so breeding one that Likes to Trash About will takes ages!

WHY! Some days I swear the games taunts me and just wants me to waste my day. I only wanted to play for afew hours, but today everything has decided to take the longest time possible for something to happen. Wah!

On the plus side came across Articuno again, so only about 4 more encounters to go....

~ Discovered the Medichamite and wrecked the Waiters in Le Yeah using Mega-cham
~ WT for a while, and accidentally traded a Drought Vulpix >_<
~ I got several Bunnelby, a Pidgey, a hatched Skarmory with perfect IV in Speed and Defense, and a Gale Wings Fletchling (AGAIN)
~ Bred Pancham, Furfrou, Spinda, and Spritzee to give away via WT next time

I have spare Female Drought Vulpix if you have any spare female Magic Guard Abra or Magic Bounce Natu?

Last edited:
I finally worked up the levels (and money) to issue another Black Writ, and within an hour, my Clawitzer jumped five levels to Lv.95! The last five should be a piece of cake, at this pace! Wish me luck!

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I finally worked up the levels (and money) to issue another Black Writ, and within an hour, my Clawitzer jumped five levels to Lv.95! The last five should be a piece of cake, at this pace! Wish me luck!

I find the easiest way to level up is to do the high star restaurants with the Exp O-Power turned on. If you beat their required records you get more prize money/gifts than you spent to get in there. Then because there's no cap on how many times you can do it you just repeat the process, gaining levels and money really quickly.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
well i had a bad bad issue. I evolved my female hustle nidoran female then evolved into nidoqueen, only to realize when teaching her moves... It had rivalry instead of sheer force. I was so mad I dont know how that was possible. So i wasted my last moon stone for nothing. I really wanted my nidoqueen to have sheer force. It has max ivs in 5 stats, so much for wasting my time to get it with its Hidden ability. Anyway I have two slopokes with max ivs in 5 stats, one to evolve into slobro and the other into sloking. im about to ask a friend to help me get sloking. I have no idea what to do now, keep leveling the rivalry nidoqueen again or get another 5 iv nidoran female and pay attention to make sure it keeps its HA when evolving