• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I headed over to the Berry Fields on Route 7 and I spoke to a man there. He wanted me to take care of the field for him and then I received some Oran Berries and Pecha Berries and also the Sprinklotad key item to water the berries with. I planted the Oran Berries in the garden afterwards and watered them with the Sprinklotad, then I picked up the Miracle Seed item and left the field. I wandered into Route 6/Palais Lane next and I followed the straight path between the hedges. I battled a couple of Tourist trainers there, and I encountered a wild Venipede as I moved around the edge of the hedge. I captured it and then I arrived at Parfum Palace. I explored some tall grass to the left side and caught some Pokemon.

I've grown tired of having radar chains that break before even 5 links, so last night I decided to switch to shiny hunting via horde battles. I realize that horde training in 6th gen games can get EXP at just barely a lower rate than Audino training got in gen 5 games, so even if I don't find a shiny while doing it I'll still be able to get something out of it, lots and lots of level ups. Plus, the odds of finding shinies have doubled in this gen, so combining that with the fact that each horde has 5 Pokemon means the odds of finding a shiny while horde training are 10 times as high as the chances of finding one while Audino training.

PKMN Trainer Tee

Ice Pokemon Fan
I've been shiny hunting these past couple of days after I collected almost one of every pokemon (I don't really bother with middle evolutions if I don't have them). I've been very successful and got a shiny nosepass and shiny electrike in horde battles on the same day. Last night though, I barely started hunting for a shiny sneasel in the friend safari and about 10-25 encounters in, I encountered my shiny Jolly sneasel! It is one of the shinies I've always wanted to have, because sneasel is my favorite Pokemon. I ev trained it already in speed and attack.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
One of the last things I've been doing is setting up Internet on my 2DS so once I did that I got my Mystery Gift Torchic and evolved it to Blaziken thanks to the power of experience Share and Battle Chateau. I did the same in my Y version which I had not picked up yet but since the Torchic gift is limited in time I decided to get it in Y version. So I tried out Mega Blaziken for the first time, it replaced Seed Blast the Venusaur on my team. Pretty nice to use a Blaziken again after so long. In my Y playthrough I want to use it on my actually team. But if it counts as a traded Pokemon it won't obey me at certain points depending on the level. In my Y playthrough I plan to pick Froakie this time around.

islegend9

All I have to do is make 3 trades with a friend of mine, and I have successfully caught and trained every Pokemon in the Kalos Region! I have a few missing from my boxes (Zapdos, Moltres, Yvetal) but those will be moved over when I get Pokemon Y for Christmas. I didn't just get final evolutions - I have gone through and trained/caught everything. Took me battling the Elite 4 somewhere between 35-40 times with the Exp. Share on.

My next quests - get my first Shiny (Friend Safari or Horde), fully EV train a few teams to trade through and play through my Y version with, and more Wonder Trading. Those will likely be on hold, though, as I am going to play through Pokemon Diamond :)

Lorde

As I moved around the grass on Route 6 near Parfum Palace, I spotted two Poke Fans and I had a double battle against their Furfrou there. Once Psyduck and Bulbasaur had beaten them, I battled more wild Pokemon and caught a wild Sentret and Oddish. I searched for a Honedge and found one after ten minutes and caught it too. I then encountered a Beauty and I battled her Espurr and Butterfree with Braixen and Fletchinder. I battled against a Backpacker and a Youngster afterwards too and I found an Ultra Ball west of the Backpacker. I headed to the right section of Route 6 next and I battled more trainers and found the Venoshock TM. I then returned to Parfum Palace afterwards and met Shauna and saved.

Kacho

You are next.
after passing through reflection cave, the roller skating gym in Shalour City seems easy = :p

Vivillon lv 37

Mienfoo use fake out
Vivillon use psybeam
Korrina use hyper potion
Vivillon use psybeam
Korrina use hyper potion
Vivillon use psybeam, crit, Mienfoo fainted

Korrina used machoke
Vivillon use psybeam
machoke used rock tomb, which bring my Vivillon to red :p
Psybeam and faint it again

switching to Lv 37 Talonflame vs Halucha
Hawlucha use flying press
Talonflame use ember
Hawlucha use flying press, flame body burnt Hawlucha :p
Talonflame use Peck, Hawlucha fainted.

this gym is so easy lol

So, I might be able to get Y version for Christmas, but it'll have to be a download purchase instead of a hard copy. I hope my SD card has the space for it and Bank/Transporter, it's only a 2GB card.

That being said, I'm considering making a team with the female trainer consisting of Greninja, MegaZardY, Trevanant, Goodra, Carbink, and possibly Snorlax. I'm not 100% certain on that last slot, tho, so advice is welcomed. Planned movesets would be:

Croakage the Greninja (M)
Modest/Torrent/Choice Scarf
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Extrasensory

Draconis the Charizard (M)
Jolly/Blaze/Charizardite Y
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Solarbeam

Doomwood the Trevanant (M)
Adamant/Natural Cure/Muscle Band
-Horn Leech
-Shadow Claw
-X-Scissor
-Poison Jab

Gemma the Carbink
Relaxed/Sturdy/Lum Berry
-Dazzling Gleam
-Stealth Rock
-Light Screen
-Explosion

Splotch the Goodra (F)
Modest/Sap Sipper/Assault Vest
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Sludge Bomb
-Thunderbolt

Tubbalard the Snorlax (M)
Impish/Thick Fat/Chesto Berry
-Return
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rest

Last edited:

Lorde

After entering Parfum Palace, I healed my Pokemon and headed up to the next floor. I spoke to some people along the second floor and I found an Amulet Coin near a fireplace which I gave to my Braixen. After exploring most of the second floor, I went back down to the first floor and I exited the palace and explored the courtyard next. I wandered around the various hedge labyrinths and I finally got my hands on the Cut HM that was hidden in the southwestern labyrinth in the courtyard. I also found other items and I found the palace's missing Furfrou. It fled afterwards though and then Shauna appeared and I cornered the Furfrou. We got the Furfrou back to its owner and Shauna and I watched some fireworks.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
ok so i hatched a 5iv eevee adamant its hidden ability etc. Ev trained it as leafeon, now i got its battle item for online play etc. Finally got Grand Dutchess in Cheateau. Never knew Black Writ would be 300 grand. Sheesh so much for using amulet coin on my first level 100 pokemon which is a Noivern with only one max IV. It has been so useful for me. So the next few days I have a job to do, get all my money back in order to use the black writ of challenge alot to help alot of my pokemon to level up close to 100.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Been searching for a Shiny braixen in the safari for two days now, I caught a Shiny Magmar instead. Not bad I guess. MMing for a Shiny Fennekin doesn't seem to work for me..

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I caught yveltal. Its brave. I didn't feel like reseting for nature. I am now training my team to level 54.

Kacho

You are next.
Ramos gym battle:

Level 40 Talonflame

Talonflame used Flame charge!
Jumpluff used Acrobatic!

Ramos used Hyper Potion!
Ramos used Hyper Potion!
Talonflame used Peck!

Ramos use Gogoat!
Me switch to Lv 41 Vivillon
Vivillon used Bug Buzz!
Gogoat used Takedown!
Vivillon used Psybeam and faint Gogoat!

Vivillon one hit Weepinbell with Psybeam

another easy one lol

ImpendingChaos

I've just been biking around hatching Adamant Speed Boost Torchics with Baton Pass that I'll probably just send out on Wonder Trade.

Seung

^
Just don't use Exp share, I remenber my first time entering Hall of Fame my Highest level was only 60. And it's more fun when Gym overleveled you.

1426_523231217769498_1435182156_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1426_523231217769498_1435182156_n.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 15

ImpendingChaos

^
Just don't use Exp share, I remenber my first time entering Hall of Fame my Highest level was only 60. And it's more fun when Gym overleveled you.

I've already beaten the game.

bred two perfect HP ice Eevees.... 31/30/30/31/31/31. one Female and one male. pretty cool. Now i just need to finish breeding the other members of my team and send them over to a newly restarted file