• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As I said earlier, I teamed up with Calem to battle against Trevor and Tierno on Route 7. Tierno and Trevor used Corphish and Pikachu, and I used my Lucario and Calem used his Fletchling. Lucario beat Corphish with Power-Up Punch. Calem's Fletchling lost to Pikachu , and he used Frogadier next. Once Trevor's Pikachu fainted, he sent out his Flabebe and I switched to my Fletchinder to beat it. After that battle concluded, I moved towards Connecting Cave since it led to Ambrette Town which was my next destination. I collected a Persim Berry outside and I cut down a tree to find some Silver Powder. I entered Connecting Cave and battled a Pokemon Breeder and I beat her Ducklett, Pikachu, Litleo and Oddish.

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
I absolutely refuse to believe Ralts has a gender ratio of 50/50. I'm trying to to hatch a male one for Gallade, trying to get perfect IVs in Attack, Sp. Defence, and Speed, but only been getting like 1 male in 5 eggs with the rest being female. Extremely annoying. Got about 19 females to just 6 males at the moment, and of course at least 3 of the females have the IVs I want and none of the males do. -sighs-

EDIT: FINALLY. Just got a male with the 3 perfect IVs I wanted, plus a bonus perfect Defence stat too. :D

Last edited:

Lorde

After entering Connecting Cave from the southern entrance, I made my way through straight until I found the exit and arrived at Route 8 on the other side. Once I was at Muraille Coast atop the cliffs, Sina and Dexio appeared. They upgraded my Pokedex and added the Coastal Kalos Pokedex. Afterwards, I jumped off some ledges and collected a few items on my way down towards the tall grass patches. I then trained my Pokemon in the grass for a while to level them up. I focused on mainly training my Psyduck since it was my weakest Pokemon in terms of level. I also caught some wild Pokemon in the tall grass including Inkay, Zangoose, Spoink, and Absol. I continued to wander south after those encounters.

Kacho

You are next.
Lumiose gym

lv 44 Diggersby and I didn't even save from the last 2 floors lol

Diggersby two hit KO using return on Emolga, paralyzed from Static
used paralyze heal, took 2 Quick Attack hits by Heliodisk
Dig OHKO Helidisk
Diggersby used double kick on magneton
magneton used mirror shot
diggersby used dig but failed
me use super potion
magneton mirror shot
me use super potion
magneton used electric field thingy
back and forth mirror shot and super potion

switch me talonflame lv 44
talonflame use flame charge, KO magneton LOL

Acherhar

Holon Cartographer
Started breeding two days ago for the first time ever, since this generation seems to be very friendly towards it, and decided to begin with Fletchling. After catching some parents in the safari and breeding for two days, I have two parents in the daycare with 4 31 IVs each, and while trying to get a baby with 5 IVs, I ended up with a flawless male adamant Gale Wings Fletchling, bred in a Luxury Ball!

sheld999

in pokemon y'

blastoise now lv 100

furfrou lv 46 learned suckerpunch at lv 42

noivern lv 59

talonflame lv 92

blazakein lv 94

klefki lv 56

also got the title grand duke

Zain Uchiha

Master Zain
Damn lucks o.o , I need some pokemon , I would be glad if someone breed me a good iv and nature one (egg move possible but not necessary):
Pokes looking for:

POKEMON WITH ADAMANT NATURE AND GOOD IVS (in stat they mostly need in ):

Torchic
Dratini
Bagon
Ralts (male)
Scyther
Charmander
Beldum
Larvitar
Heracross
Magikarp

About something in return, I don't have anything yet so I dont know , also when you trade you cant see the pokemon's nature,iv and stats etc (of your trader not yourself) so how to avoid scams? possible?

Im new to X and Y and I love it , so I would appreciate some help

A few days ago I found a great place for leveling (using hordes) on Route 19 in the grass!

Hordes:
Weepinbell level 24 (comes most of the time)

traded pokémon: 3515 exp
traded pokémon with lucky egg: 5270 exp

Normal pokémon: 2345 exp
Normal pokémon with lucky egg: 3515 exp

Arbok level 25 (Lot fewer times than Weepinbell and more times than Gligar)

traded pokémon with lucky egg: More than 4095 (I don't have time to find it xD)

Normal pokémon with lucky egg: 4095 exp

Gligar level 24 (comes rarely)

Traded pokémon with lucky egg: 3305 exp

And Gligar seems to appear least times, so still worth it!

Anyone who have found a even better place to level? :)

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
A few days ago I found a great place for leveling (using hordes) on Route 19 in the grass!

Hordes:

The floatzel horde lv 29 in victory road is really good
A normal pokemon without lucky egg gains 3580 exp i think

ebevan91

Hordes:

It is raining on that damned route EVERY.SINGLE.TIME I feel like horde training.

I've been shiny hunting these past couple of days after I collected almost one of every pokemon (I don't really bother with middle evolutions if I don't have them). I've been very successful and got a shiny nosepass and shiny electrike in horde battles on the same day. Last night though, I barely started hunting for a shiny sneasel in the friend safari and about 10-25 encounters in, I encountered my shiny Jolly sneasel! It is one of the shinies I've always wanted to have, because sneasel is my favorite Pokemon. I ev trained it already in speed and attack.

Ah, that brings back memories. The first random encounter shiny I ever caught was a Sneasel in Snowpoint Temple in Pearl; it later evolved into my first Weavile ever. I plan to transfer it once the Pokemon Bank thing is open.

Also, I've come up with 2 other ideas for shiny hunting that are less monotonous than just running around hoping for a random encounter:
1) Each day, I pick a route I'd like to try to find a shiny in, and then go through it using a Pokemon with Sweet Scent until I've fought at least one horde in every single patch of grass on the route (or, if it's a cave, every tile of ground).
2) Each day, visit every single safari I have and stay there until I've encountered at least 2 of every species there.

I figure if I do it this way, the absolutely massive number of encounters will greatly aid my chances of finding a shiny. At this point, I don't really care what species of shiny I get (as long as it's one I don't have yet); as long as I get a shiny I'll be happy with it.

The floatzel horde lv 29 in victory road is really good
A normal pokemon without lucky egg gains 3580 exp i think

Yeah, but lots of times a horde of Geodudes appear who has Sturdy ;) and almost no exp..

Zain Uchiha

Master Zain
Chain fishing method is dam awesome! I caught 2 Shiny Relicanths in under 30min

Tomorrow Im hoping to get Shiny Clawitzer / Shiny Seadra :3

ok so i hatched a 5iv eevee adamant its hidden ability etc. Ev trained it as leafeon, now i got its battle item for online play etc. Finally got Grand Dutchess in Cheateau. Never knew Black Writ would be 300 grand. Sheesh so much for using amulet coin on my first level 100 pokemon which is a Noivern with only one max IV. It has been so useful for me. So the next few days I have a job to do, get all my money back in order to use the black writ of challenge alot to help alot of my pokemon to level up close to 100.

The higher the writ, the higher the base prize money you'll get from each battle. A few weeks ago, I had a Black Writ of challenge active, was using an Amulet Coin, turned on the Prize Money power level 3, and had a battle against Siebold. The result: either just over 60k or just over 80. In other words, that one battle reimbursed over 1/5 of the money I had paid for the writ, and of course that wasn't the only battle I had there that day. It's easy to break even on a Black Writ if you put even a little bit of effort into it.

Kacho

You are next.
Laverre Town Gym Battle:
Level 47 Talonflame
Used flamecharge
Mawile used Iron Defense
Another Flame charge and Mawile is gone lol

Swapped to Doublade vs Mr. Mime (more like Ms. Mime)
Sword Dance
Mime Reflect
Sword Dance
Mime used Psychic
Sword Dance
Mime used Light Screen
Mime used Psychic
Iron Head KO Mime.

Syvleon used Dazzling Gleam, Doublade at red health
Irn head KO Sylveon

Lorde

I kept heading south on Route 8 on my way to Ambrette Town and I eventually spotted a Sky Trainer and I participated in a Sky Battle against him with my Fletchinder. It was tough to beat his Drifloon and Pidgeotto but I succeeded in the end I caught a wild Mienfoo in some yellow flowers afterwards shortly before arriving in Ambrette Town. Once I was at my destination, I encountered Calem again who told me to visit the local fossil lab. I healed my Pokemon at the Ambrette Town Pokemon Center before doing anything else though, and I also purchased some items money that I had earned while battling trainers on Route 8. I headed out and I obtained the Rock Smash TM from a girl outside the aquarium and saved.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Today I evolve my last Eeeveelution, now i have the entire set! Now I'm racking my brain on what to do next...perhaps i'll start breeding some Vivilions before the 31st...

Last edited:

sheld999

found a wild poliwarth in pokemon league cave koed it lol lucky it wasn't a shiny lol got few pokemon up few levels

Lorde

After getting my hands on the Rock Smash TM outside of the Aquarium, I entered it. I found a guy at the lower floor of the Aquarium and I obtained the Old Rod key item from him. I then explored more of Ambrette Town and I headed over to the local Fossil Lab and I traded a Poke Ball for a Dive Ball outside there. I encountered Calem inside as expected and we spoke to some scientists and learned about fossils and other things, then I was told to visit Glittering Cave next in order to find another scientist there. Route 9 was finally accessible to me, but I stopped by the Ambrette Hotel first and I picked up the Nature Power TM there. I also headed to the coast of town and fished with the Old Rod and caught Luvdisc.