• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
Hatched my second MM Goomy today. The first is buttercream and since this one has 5:(/25/31/31/31/25 I am going to name it Godra

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I battled more wild Pokemon inside Glittering Cave and then I found two more Team Flare grunts near the end of the cave and Calem and I teamed up to battle against them. Together we defeated the Team Flare grunts' Scraggy and Croagunk with Fletchinder and Espurr and then I wandered towards the center of Glittering Cave's basement and I met the scientist from the Fossil Lab that I was supposed to be looking for. He offered to give me either the Jaw Fossil or the Sail Fossil and I chose the Jaw Fossil because I wanted to revive a Tyrunt. I then left Glittering Cave and returned to Ambrette Town. I visited the local Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon there, and I also deposited Psyduck on the PC.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
I keep on encountering every other shiny in fire/grass/water safaris other than the kalos starters... can't complain but I really want those 3 :S

sheld999

blazakin now level 100

got up to 19 battles in the manison thing and lost to a zubat that had airslash lol was their last pokemon and i had blastoise with 30hp left and my last one lol so close

and thats about it apart from training my tonlflame to lv 100 its at 95 now

R2J

R.I.P #31
Beat the league again and got enough money for Charizard's mega stone in X. Now back in Victory Road traing my team to lvl 100. Also working on the Pokedex using the Wonder Trade and Friend Safari's.

Machomacho

Been trying to finish the friend safaris, but it is extremely hard as I am poor due to buying so many ultra balls and writs. Hoping to raise enough to get back into the battle mansion and train.

Been trying to finish the friend safaris, but it is extremely hard as I am poor due to buying so many ultra balls and writs. Hoping to raise enough to get back into the battle mansion and train.

If you don't have the money saving O-Power, then get it! It's a great O-Power to get soooo many balls! :)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Nurse Joy surprised me with a Birthday surprise! She even put a CGI cake on the display thing! Thanks, Nurse Joy! :)

It's a shame my ingame mom doesn't even acknowledge it, yet a nurse whom did not give birth to my character does :(

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Wow, I'm now obsessed With making Money in this game. lol. Harvesting Balm Mushrooms from the Restaurant in Lumiose, among With the Battle Chataeu. I've also soon out of stuff to buy, so I got that working for me, which is Nice.
Other than that, articuno keeps popping out whenever I try finding something else. I think I can Catch it soon..

So I've been doing nothing in my X version since levelling that Speed Boost Blaziken I bred. I tried downloading that new patch, but just scanning the QR code isn't enough, I need to connect to the internet, too. I guess I should've been able to figure that out, but I didn't know how QR codes worked. I know now.

I'm hoping to get Y version for Christmas, either thru GameStop or eShop giftcards, but there's no guarantee I will. I asked for a different kind of gamecard for Christmas, one I can use for MMORPGs rather than for 3DS games. Hopefully someone has the knowledge of foresight to get me some GameStop cards, too.

I can--hopefully, at least--transfer all my old teammates and legendaries this Christmas, though, provided it doesn't register them as hacked. Which they largely weren't, but they were caught with infinite Master Balls, trained with infinite Rare Candies and vitamins, and taught moves with infinite TMs and shards.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
So last time I posted, I don't remember what the hell I did. But I know it was and it's been driving me crazy who my last team member would be, so I restarted. Picked Froakie again because I want to finish the storyline with him once, and this time I'm not nicknaming my Pokemon, but it feels weird haha. Anyways, I'm trying to not fight wild Pokemon ever, but in exchange I get to have the Exp Share turned on at all times (unless I don't want to). Anyways, did the beginning thing (picked the male character as well), got a male Froakie which has a not so good nature but I couldn't be bothered to try again. Got to Santalune City and I received my second team member, a Torchic! Not the best nature, but oh well. I took a break afterwards.

Team:

656.png
255.png

Kalosian

So long
Continued very slightly on my breeding projects after delaying and procrastinating for far too long. I went to the Friend Safari to look for a female Gabite with its Hidden Ability, but I didn't find one. Will continue looking for it tomorrow, I also need to check some more Pokemon that I will be using as parents once the breeding actually starts. I have also downloaded the new patch for the game after having some trouble figuring out how to get it for a couple of days.

Lorde

After swapping Pokemon at the Ambrette Town Pokemon Center, I visited the local Fossil Lab to revive my Jaw Fossil that I got from a scientist in Glittering Cave. After obtaining the revived Tyrunt, I received the Aerodactylite mega stone thing from a scientist and then I went out and visited the Pokemon Center again and I deposited Tyrunt in my PC before leaving Ambrette Town. I wandered to the western coastal part of Route 8 after leaving Ambrette Town in order to pick up items. I found a Pearl in the sand as I moved around, then I used Rock Smash on some rocks nearby. I found a wild Binacle there which I caught for my collection. I fished with the Old Rod some more but didn't find anything good so I saved.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Gotten myself up to 14 shinies in Pokemon x. It feels really good considering my awful luck in any gen before 4, and my barely better luck since then. I think that puts me at about 20 total that I've found, excluding gift Pokemon like Gyarados or Dratini. Including those I'm better off. It feels good.

I've made no progress on y. I've gotta play it again so I can beat it, get the mega stones and start a new game so I can do my badge quest challenge.

Rsr57

Completed my Kalos dex and got all the catchable Pokemon. IV and EV trained a lot of Pokemon. Now getting into wifi battling while breeding some more Pokemon.

Still to do: Try the Pokeradar and beating the battle maison sisters in hard mode.

Lorde

As I wandered around Route 8's coastal area, I picked a Mago Berry from the ground near a berry tree and I met a female Swimmer who gave me the Dowsing Machine item which I used to look for more items in the sand. I located a hidden Rare Candy, Stardust, and Heart Scale around Route 8 and then I went north towards the shore in order to battle against some trainers who were scattered around. I beat some female Swimmers and a couple of Fishermen, one of whom used three Tentacool. I battled against a Sky Trainer who used Skiploom and Swoobat and after winning against her, I returned to Ambrette Town and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center before continuing towards Cyllage City.

ShiverWolf

Pokemon Lover
Hmm all I've been doing recently is wandering around, battling a good amount at the Battle Chateau, and catching shinies. I just got enough BP to buy my Sneasel a razor claw so she is now a Weavile. Also I've just gotten my Shiny Espurr who is flawless! Ahh hes a Meowstic now and he is so gorgeous! Also, I've been doin friend safaris and Wonder trades except I've been getting crap from the Wonder trade recently >.<

stonehigh

my recent happening to registering to this forum so i can make a topic about if anyone knows if hatching eggs while in the friend safari ups the shiny rate but it won't let me for i an new here :(

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
So, I was hunting for a shiny Chinchou in Shalour City yesterday, chain fishing (I did manage to get one too :D), and I just now noticed that the three Pokémon that were in my party at the time are infected with Pokérus. So obviously I was shocked and stoked to have some of my Pokémon infected, and I immediately spread it to a load of my other Pokémon in the PC... but then I thought... hang on a minute. The only Pokémon I interacted with/didn't run from when chain fishing was the shiny Chinchou, but that doesn't have Pokérus. And I'm pretty sure that the only time the infection could have happened is while I was fishing (Octillery is only ever used and is first in my party when I fish, Talonflame hasn't been in battle for a while, and Heliolisk hasn't been in battle since I EV trained yesterday morning which was before infection as otherwise the nurse at the Pokémon Centre would've told me when I healed. These were the only three Pokémon infected).

As I understand it, prior to these games, Pokérus could only be passed by actually defeating or catching the Pokémon infected with it, yet it seems I did neither of these things, which leads me to wonder... Can Pokérus be passed simply by encountering a Pokémon that is infected with it in this gen, even if you run from it? It would seem that way, as I can't think of another way it could've been passed...

Lorde

I proceeded north on Route 8 until I arrived in Cyllage City. I visited some houses around the city and I obtained the Whipped Dream item which would allow Swirlix to evolve in one of them. I headed out after collecting that and I went straight to the local Pokemon Center. After healing my Pokemon inside and buying some items, I visited a Bike Shop. I spoke to the manager of the shop and I answered his quiz correctly and obtained a Bicycle from him. I then visited a clothing boutique and purchased some clothes and as I moved around the city, I located a house where a woman offered to massage one of my Pokemon. I bought some Soda Pop from a girl who was standing northeast of the Pokemon Center and saved.