• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
The training went well. I managed to get up to level 31 across the board, which gave me the confidence I needed to get through Reflection Cave. There were a few things that freaked me out, though, such as a random Battle Girl with a Sawk that somehow knew Bulldoze nearly 2HKOing my Floette. Thank God there's a Shiny Stone on the next route. I also caught a Wobbuffet in the cave, if only because I couldn't defeat it otherwise without something fainting (those things LOVE Destiny Bond!)

Serena wasn't too difficult, and except for poor planning with my Floette versus her Hawlucha, neither was Korrina. With that done, all that remained was one more rematch with Korrina, but this time, one of her Lucario joined me for battle (honestly, it was just us exchanging Power-up Punches, which, when you consider that it was more or less a tutorial on Mega Evolution isn't too bad), and afterwards, I got to keep it. Unfortunately, there's really no place for it on my team (I considered it, but the way I'm setting up my Blastoise, it kind of depends on Mega Evolution to function). So tomorrow, Route 12 awaits me!

Team so far:

Acender the Braixen
Mavis the Floette
Bazooka the Wartortle
Cell the Heliolisk
Faucibus the Tyrunt
Slingshot the Hawlucha

Last edited:

ImpendingChaos

Giving away about two boxes of Chikorita on Wonder Trade later tonight. Some male, some female. All ranging from 1-4 perfect IVs. Be on the lookout!

CastawayJ

Eternal Scout
Giving away about two boxes of Chikorita on Wonder Trade later tonight. Some male, some female. All ranging from 1-4 perfect IVs. Be on the lookout!

If anyone needs a Chikorita just let me know and I'll give you one

on another note

anyone notice how Beheeyem is the only PKMN with a pokeball symbol instead of the Kalos symbol on the GTS?

Kirthey

Happiness is a Beautifly
Masuda-ing for a shiny Marill after receiving a 5 IV Japanese Marill over Wonder Trade. This is my first time using the Masuda method, and I'm about 200 eggs in. It gets pretty tedious but listening to music at the same time alleviates the boredom somewhat, I guess. I also got a Jolly 3 IV Chimchar over Wonder Trade :D People are so generous. After this, I'm going to try for that 50-win streak in Super Doubles at the Maison.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Inside of the Lost Hotel, I walked past a fallen bookshelf and I encountered a wild Trubbish in a shaking trash can, then I battled against a Punk Girl and her Seviper and Arbok after catching it. After Delphox beat those two Pokemon, I found the Smoke Ball item on the floor of the hotel as I went south. I went back the way I came before after battling some Litwick and Klefki, and I battled against a Punk Couple as I moved west. I defeated their Pangoro and Garbodor with Delphox and Golduck and then I picked up a HP Up inside another trash can. I then encountered a Punk and I was introduced to his boss. After speaking to him and learning a new flip trick from him, I caught a wild Electrode in the same room and saved.

ShiverWolf

Pokemon Lover
Darn people with those cool Pokémon bank'mons... I wish I could be cool like them lol /.\ I got my dream Virizion though and I love it so much!! ahh its my baby. c':

shadowF

went to victory road then beat the elite four and the champion in one try and beat the game! I am also proud that I beat the game and not once has my charizard ever lost in a battle in the game!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I kept moving along the Lost Hotel after learning a skating trick from a guy inside. I battled more wild wild Pokemon and caught a wild Magneton as I headed deeper into the Lost Hotel, then I backtracked out of the area since I had reached a dead end that was blocked by some metallic fences. Once outside I went south and encountered a boulder that I pushed with Lucario's Strength and found another ruin and I moved past the thick tall grass in order to enter Lost Hotel from the southern entrance. I encountered a Punk Guy by the entrance and I beat his Dunsparce. After that, I had to use Rock Smash break apart a wall inside, which I did in order to obtain the Dread Plate item that was behind it. I then saved.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Using the GTS to get Pokemon for the dex. Nearly have all the starters, and some of the ones I've been looking for. Training some small forms to evolve and thanks to a friend. Evolved some that only evolve through trades. I'm using Victory Road/Pokemon League to train.

Tyrantrum

I beat the Fairy Gym after leveling up my pokemon to Level 40. I am trying to catch all the pokemon on route 15 now... it's not easy. And also trying to make sure my pokemon remain at constant levels. Probably am going to want to level them up some more, because the trainer pokemon are starting to match my pokemon's levels at this point.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
started off with catching a Mightyena named Luna on route 15. On Route 16 i caught a Random Pumpkaboo for the GTS. The Gourgeist i got in return was Lvl 1 and Japanese. Went down to get the Super Rod and tried Chain-Fishing again. After many failures i ran back through routes 15 and 16 to fight the trainers i skipped. Quickly restocked on Pokeballs in Dendemille and headed off to frost cavern. Caught a Cryogonal named Coolanta along the way toward Team Flare. Sonar Dealt with the Grunt and TunaFish dealt with Mable. Grabbed the Abomasite on the way out. Skip ahead to route 17 where i catch a Snover. I was gonna replace Bolt with Snover, but the Snover i caught had a horrible nature. Then got the idea to catch 2 more snover and 2 Delibird and Wondertrade them away for Chirstmas. I got an Aron, Gible, Mawile, and Poliwhirl in Return. Once in Anistar, i found the man asking for a lvl5 pokemon to take care of. I Flew back to route 2 and got him a Bunnelby. I also caught 2 weedle and a zigzagoon for wonder trade. back in Anistar I Ran into Calem again in front of the Gym and wiped out his team as always. Gravens handled most of the gym quite well, except for Olympia herself. Had Sonar Thunderbolt her into submission. One message from Lysandre later and i was back in Lumiose. The Fight with Lysandre was tough and his Gyarados wiped out 3 of my pokemon, but i managed to win somehow. I then Flew back to route 16 to train a bit. During this training i caught a Pawniard named pierce and a Rotom named Motor.
After everyone was around lvl 48 we went Back to the Lab. i had some trouble with the puzzle tiles, but managed to make it to Xerosic eventually. Once i wiped him out i escaped to the nearest pokemon center for a break.

Blaziken lvl 50
TunaFish/Swanna lvl 49
Gravens/Sableye lvl 49
Bolt/Gogoat lvl 48
Sonar/ Helioptile lvl 49
Slurpuff lvl 49

I took some tine to evolve my HM slaves today. In Y version, I got Talonflame, Dragalge, and Malamar to evolve. I didn't realize I had to hold the 3DS upside-down as Inkay hit Lv.30, I thought I could do it after and still get the little Metroid to evolve. As a result, it evolved a couple levels after it should have. Dragalge didn't evolve until Lv.48, which was another drawn-out hassle I didn't expect to encounter. Talonflame was the only positive experience out of the deal, as it evolved a level before I expected it to. Which, upon retrosopect, I remembered my Talonflame had evolved early in X version, too.

In X version, the only HM slave I needed to evolve was my Inkay, which went more smoothly than in Y because this time, I turned my 3DS upside-down before my Inkay hit Lv.29, and by the time it evolved, it had gained an extra level due to an EXP overage from my Lv.2 EXP Point O-Power. I typically use Inkay/Malamar for stealing Heart Scales off of wild Luvdisc that I fish up around Cyllage, and being a Lv.14 Inkay against a much faster and stronger Lv.15 Luvdisc makes Heart Scale grinding harder than it has to be. Levelling up Inkay and getting it to evolve will make that grinding much easier.

Landroval

Somehow I managed to get my hands on a mudkip from wondertrading a couple days ago. After breeding a few boxes I managed to trade them off for the rest of the starters in every generation, plus get a Moltres and Zapdos off the GTS. Now I'm working on breeding egg moves and IV's for a cyndaquil before I start hunting a shiny one.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I only need to battle a couple of more times in the battle maison to get enough BP to get the magmarizer. I really hate this place >.< I will also eventually have to try and get the event legendaries on the gts because I don't have them or the regis or groudon on my white 2 >.>

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So I finished my pokemon y nuzlocke the other day then went on to catch all the legendaries and collect all mega stones which I heave traded over to my x version :)

Now on my y version I'm gonna reset my game so I can get moltress :)

On my x version I have almost completed the kalos dex It should be finished tomorrow since my bf will help me with some trade evos ( need to do some maison to get the item to evolve sneasle)

Once I've done that I'm gonna try for the national dex. Problem. Is on my black 2 I don't have all the legendaries so I'm playing on my soul silver to get the ones I'm missing ( ho-oh , lugia , rayquaza , groudon Ect Ect ) but I should be able to get close to completing the national dex when bank comes out :D

I also finished ev training my shiny greninja so now I have an awesome black m red ninja frog to match my black and red sword.

Blazing Charmander

Over the Christmas period I have been working on the Kalos Pokedex on my X Version, beginning to catch every species of Pokemon in the wild in their lowest available base form. So far I have made significant progress with the first two sections of the dex and I will be starting on the Mountain Kalos Pokedex once enough progress has been made with the others.

I have also been Wonder Trading like mad for the past few days in the faint hope of landing some of the Pokemon only available via Bank. Fortunately I managed to receive a newly hatched Cottonee, but apart from getting a Mudkip in a bargain trade on the GTS I haven't had much luck otherwise. One other milestone occurred today on Wonder Trade when I was given a Level 1, German Emolga with its Hidden Ability of Motor Drive and three Egg Moves in Charm, Tickle and Air Slash! I hope that its previous trainer liked my comparatively less special Fennekin with Flame Charge that was traded in exchange.

Acepkm

Shiny Hunter
I was told from a different source that shiny froakies are green. (They aren't) After what I thought to be a failed Masuda, I wonder traded a box of froakies. IDK if any were shiny, but if one was...