• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
After 300 eggs hatched, I'm putting my Eevee MM temporarily on hold. I'm working on breeding the ultimate catching partner, a 5IV Adamant Parasect with Sweet Scent and Spore (Which I will teach False Swipe and Struggle Bug with TMs).

I started with a male Foongus that knew Sweet Scent and a female Paras from the Friend Safari and slowly worked my way to improving the parents. I just hatched my first 5IV Paras (of course Attack is the stat that was missing :/) but I'm well on my way to hatching that Parasect that will help me catch anything and bring in the hordes.

I'll make a post in the IV trade thread once I have a breeding pair that consistently gets me the eggs I'm after if anyone is interested in an IV bred Paras with Sweet Scent.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I visited some more rooms around the Couriway Hotel and spoke to more people including Mr. Bonding who gave me another O-Power. I headed back outside and bought some Fresh Water, then I found a hidden Prism Scale in a puddle. I Surfed on the pond south of the puddle where I found the Prism Scale and I battled and caught a wild Lombre there, then I left Couriway Town since I had done everything there. I went north again past the red flowers along Route 18 and I entered Terminus Cave since I wanted to explore it some more and battle against the trainers inside. I walked past a mining cart and battled several wild Pokemon, then I used Rock Smash and found a Heart Scale in a broken rock. I then saved.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
People on GTS have been incredibly generous to me these past few weeks. I managed to get all Pokemon (excluding legendaries) entered in my dex. I tell ya, I'm fairly surprised I was able to do something like this with so many pokemon. xD Now I have the following Dex's complete: Central, Coastal, Mountain and Regional. Now I just need National.

With 679 Pokemon seen, I just need the boat load of legendaries that I can't get in XY. A friend of mine was able to trade me Cresselia and Phione for their dex entries.

(Bank can't get here sooner)

Lorde

I continued to move around Terminus Cave and I encountered many wild Pokemon like Graveler and Sandslash which I defeated for experience points. I broke some more rocks apart with Rock Smash on the first floor of Terminus Cave by the mining cart and a wild Shuckle eventually popped out of one of those rocks and I caught it. I headed down to the next floor of the cave and passed by some ledges and then I walked across a bridge and found a hidden Star Piece. I went back the way I came and went under the same bridge and I battled more wild Pokemon and then a shadow dropped from the ceiling of the cave and I battled a wild Ariados. After I caught it in a Dusk Ball, I broke apart another rock with Rock Smash.

Shao-May

Trainer in training
Took a break from MM'ing Skiddo to try my hand at chaining it. After realizing that every pokemon, except Skiddo would appear before me, I was about to give up when one suddenly jumped in my face. Unfortunately, my chain lasted 7 pokemon. I decided to retry 3 times without sucess. Then I went on the Internet if I finally got my Frogardier in a dive ball. Saddly, it wasn't in the correct ball. On the bright side I did collect a fairly good amount of money in the Battle Chateau in order to get those fancy clothes in Luminose city.

Lorde

I crossed another bridge inside Terminus Cave after finding a Hyper Potion and I spotted a Worker on the other side. I battled him and beat his two Graveler with Golduck's Surf and his Golem with Venusaur's Petal Blizzard attack. I continued to search for items around the 2nd floor of Terminus Cave after the battle and I had to endure more wild Pokemon appearances. I obtained a Heat Rock after using Rock Smash again, then I backtracked to where the Worker that I had previously battled was and crossed the bridge in that area. I battled against a Hiker there and beat his Rhydon with Golduck's Scald, then I went underneath another bridge and battled against a Worker and his Octillery that Venusaur defeated.

Noctali

Umbreon
Finished the Looker sidequest today.
I honestly don't remember him whatsoever in the other games so I guess I'm a bit frustrated I wasn't paying attention? But oh well.
I've started going into the Friend Safari more. I might take the time to create "Catcher Smeargle (or however it's spelled) just for that but I'm not sure if I have that type of patience. Just throwing Quick Balls is only working some of the time though...I guess I'll figure it out.

Lorde

After battling a Worker trainer's Octillery and beating it with Venusaur, I wandered deeper into the second floor of Terminus Cave. I battled more wild Pokemon and I kept using the Dowsing Machine to find hidden items. After breaking a rock and following another path, I managed to find a hidden Moon Stone on a wall and then I backtracked and wandered down some steps and arrived at the third floor. I spotted a Battle Girl and I battled her Throh and Conkeldurr and beat both with Delphox. I battled more wild Pokemon afterwards and I used Rock Smash to locate a Dusk Stone on the far west side of the cavern. I also picked up an Iron thanks to the Dowsing Machine and then I battled against a Black Belt trainer.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Well my legendary hunts on the GTS in Y are doing excellent so far. SO far Entei, Raikou, And Reshiram have had great ivs and the right nature. Today I got a shiny suicune with great ivs. I've been trading suicunes non stop for suicunes all day and just now, I finally got an awesome one. It is also timid nature! Now i shall continue trading cobalion's back and forth till I have one that can satisfy me.

Also on Y I ev trained three new pokemon to use on my future battle teams, a 5max iv stat scyther, 6 max iv scizor, and a 5 max iv treecko which is now a grovyle. Masuda method iv breeding a charmander to get my third shiny charizard that will have better ivs than my two charizards that were shiny charmeleons from friend safari

Scattar

Sableye Enchancer
My game save got corrupted somehow. So, I am currently getting the Poke Flute with Braixen (Rage), Ivysaur (Greed) & Honedge (Courage).

Cutty

Forever now
And the shiny hunter's journey in Kalos continues...

I finally got shiny Froakie after 1,964 SR's so I could start my X game.

I'm in Luminose city now, wandering around n getting ready for the second gym. I'm liking the game so far... and planning on hunting 2 or 3 more shinies to put in my X team.

My current team:
no nick yet - f shiny Frogadier lv 23
Red Neck - m Fetchinder lv 20
And Zigzagoon as a pick up

Im only interested in collecting Kalos pokemon from the wild... my next team member should be another new pokemon and shiny...

Now I've got an additional team member from Prof Sycamore which is a shiny Charmander after 1,157 SRs. And He's a healthy shiny Charizard now. Oh, my shiny female Frogadier has evolved into the cool looking shiny Greninja too! \^.^/

I just got my second badge from Cyllage City and customized my character look into green green (green cap + green jacket), which is my fave colour...

I also went back to try chain fishing at Ambrette's beach, which yielded me with a shiny Love This. For 13 chain after a few attempts. Not too shabby for an old rod. As a matter fact, I've also fished a shiny Magikarp at other place... lol. I'm such a shiny sucker, mind you...

I'm currently in Fossil Lab in Ambrette Town, soft resetting for shiny Amaura to put in the team...

My current team so far:
Azumi - f shiny Greninja lv. 39
Red Neck - m Talonflame lv. 38
Zarddon-X - m shiny Charizard lv. 37

Now:
Shiny Amaura finally becomes my newest team member after 7,544 SRs I did in Fossil Lab in Ambrette Town. It's a nice gift on Christmas Day, just too bad the nature is the opposite of Quite... but hey, its the season to be Jolly! (I guess, so much for the hard work) :v I named him Aurorellis...

I am currently still in Shalour City after getting my third badge the Rumble badge from Korrina. I don't like her design... I like Maylene from Gen IV better, more convincing (I was kinda hope she had a Pangoro too on Korrina's team)... but anyway... I've also got a Lucario + Lucarionite from her and the most important thing... the Mega Ring! Now I can evolve my shiny Charizard into Shiny Mega Charizard X... \^.^/

2013-12-26101000_zps19670c45.jpg

My current party:
Azumi - f Shiny Greninja lv. 47
Red Neck - m Talonflame lv. 46
Zarddon-X - m Shiny Charizard lv. 47
Aurorellis - m Shiny Amaura lv. 39

658.png
663.png
006.png
698.png

I'm going to evolve my Shiny Amaura after this... and get another pokemon for my party... Maybe hunt for a shiny one again... xD

Present:
I got more shinies along the way to Dendemille Town since my last update, especially from chain fishing after getting a Good Rod (like 5 more shinies... xD). I also fixed my chaining record to 120 chain.

I evolved my shiny Amaura to Aurorus and added a normal Honedge (now Doublade) to my team.
I tried to hunt the shiny one at first but ended up w/ shiny Oddish instead... :/ but actually I caught the Honedge beforehand and leveled it up in my party just in case something like this happened so I could save up time...

I'm in Dendemille Town now (but saved in route 16 for another shiny hunting), that means I've beaten the Lumiose City and Laverre City's gym leaders. None of the gym leaders in kalos is my favourite so far... I dislike their designs and teams. They're a bit pushover imo. But I liked the gym 'puzzles' of second and fifth gym...
I also got a dusk stone for my Kenzo in the Lost Hotel to evolve it into Aegislash later plus teach him King's Shield from the Move Relearner...

My current party:
Azumi - f Shiny Greninja lv. 65
Red Neck - m Talonflame lv. 65
Zarddon-X - m Shiny Charizard lv. 64
Aurorellis - m Shiny Aurorus lv. 64
Kenzo - m Doublade lv. 65

658.png
663.png
006.png
699.png
680.png

I'll try to hunt more shinies before I complete the game, coz I'm also doing the Shiny Badge Quest (hunting for shiny Klefki atm) and will be getting a shiny Noibat through Masuda Method for my last team member...

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Yawn, I decided to do some MMing for a Timid, Shiny competitive Froakie and have been hatching all day. No luck, but lots of 4-5 IV non-shiny ones.

I also did some trading. Only 3 to go till I fill the Kalos dex and take a break from catching/trading until pokemon bank comes out for the English games... if it ever does...

Lorde

After beating a Black Belt and his Hariyama, I continued to explore Terminus Cave and I kept looking for items with the Dowsing Machine while also battling against more wild Pokemon and seeking out trainers. I found a Dire Hit on a rock using the Dowsing Machine and then I battled against two Rangers in a Double Battle. I used Delphox and Golduck against their Nidoking and Nidoqueen and after beating both, I went down a sandy slope and then I backtracked and battled against another Worker. I beat his Probopass with Golduck's Scald attack and broke some more rocks apart with Rock Smash. I then went down some steps and entered another room, but a guy was blocking the entrance to another chamber.

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
I finally completed the Kalos Pokedex and earned an Oval Charm from Prof. Sycamore. Off to more adventures with National Dex Pokemon.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Yawn, I decided to do some MMing for a Timid, Shiny competitive Froakie and have been hatching all day. No luck, but lots of 4-5 IV non-shiny ones.

I also did some trading. Only 3 to go till I fill the Kalos dex and take a break from catching/trading until pokemon bank comes out for the English games... if it ever does...

good luck! currently working on MMing a piplup. 9 boxes in so far

jdmi012

I have received my third badge on my nuzlocke run through Kalos. Not going so well with four deaths already. On a side note, exactly one year ago Pokemon X and Pokemon Y were announced.

Lorde

I left the blocked chamber at Terminus Cave and I went back to the main cavern after using a Max Repel to avoid wild Pokemon for a while. I backtracked to a part of the cave that I had visited earlier and I found a Reaper Cloth. I then moved along another part of the cave and picked up an Iron Plate. As I moved along I encountered another Black Belt trainer who I battled with. My Talonflame beat his Sawk and Delphox beat his Toxicroak, then I continued moving around the main floor of Terminus Cave and I jumped around some ledges near the center and I encountered a wild Noibat that fell from the ceiling. I weakened it slowly and I tossed a Dusk Ball at it. After successfully capturing it, I moved towards the exit.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Earned my last two badges! But I want to wait until Bank is released to build my team for the Elite Four...

So I'm doing a few little things:

-Caught a Gothorita w/Frisk and taught her Thief. Collected some Heart Scales from wild Luvdisc (so easy!).
-Caught a Ditto for easier breeding.
-Received a Japanese Snivy via Wonder Trade! I'm breeding with the Ditto until I get a female, which I plan to breed with a Timid Roserade (w/ Grassy Terrain and Magical Leaf). Currently raising the Timid Budew I caught until she evolves, and then I'll breed her with a male Roselia and get a Timid male.
-Tomorrow night, I'm heading to the Pokémon Village to catch a female Banette in a Dusk Ball. I have BIG plans for her...

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Still training my team to lv 45. I think I found a good place to train them. On the route west of Dendemile town.