• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Was on the hunt for berries to start doing the berry mutations and then came across Zapdos in the grass. HA! Same ordeal: it fled and appeared on the 'dex. I guess I have to redo the whole 10-12 encounters again.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After climbing a waterfall in Couriway Town, I flew to Snowbelle City since I wanted to visit the Pokemon Village in order to gain access into the Unknown Dungeon since it was finally unlocked. I left Snowbelle City and headed west to Route 20/Winding Woods and I wandered around the forest until I arrived at the Pokemon Village. After passing through a meadow of yellow flowers, I reached a river and I used Surf and Waterfall to collect the Psychic TM on a ledge. I then headed back down the waterfall and entered the Unknown Dungeon. I found Mewtwo standing in there and I challenged it. I weakened it slowly with Lucario, then I tossed Dusk Balls and it until I finally captured the Mewtwo and I saved the game.

Kalosian

So long
Didn't play anything yesterday, but today, I gave the Super Doubles another try. I made it all the way up to Evelyn in battle #50 again. I battled her, and this time, I defeated her for the second time in this line, but it was by no means a perfect battle. Although I'm still happy that I managed to beat her as a compensation for losing against her last time. I also saved the battle video this time. After beating her, I continued battling and won ten more battles without losing. Will continue tomorrow to see how far I can go, I don't think I'll be able to go much farther though.

Lorde

After I caught the wild Mewtwo at the Unknown Dungeon, I picked up the Mewtwonite X Mega Stone from the floor and I also picked up a hidden Oval Stone as I explored the small cavern, then I headed back out. Once outside, I flew and I returned to Laverre City and I healed my team at the local Pokemon Center. I left the Pokemon Center after purchasing some more items and I headed over to Route 14/Laverre Nature Trail to pick up some items and to catch some Pokemon for my collection. After catching another set of Karrablast and Shelmet, I returned to Laverre City and I traded Karrablast and Shelmet with my sister's pair and I evolved them into Escavalier and Accelgor. I then went out and flew to Lumiose City.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
- Caught a Krabby
- Got my Aegislash "Oakenshield" up to level 100
- Became the Grand Duke of the Battle Chateau

Lorde

I did some shopping in Lumiose City, then I flew to Couriway Town and I headed north to Route 18. I re-entered Terminus Cave since I wanted to find the Legendary Pokemon Zygarde inside. I wandered around several floors of the cavern that I had already explored and picked up some items that I had left behind during my previous visit. I then went down a set of steps that had previously been blocked by a person and I entered a labyrinth-esque chamber. I picked up a Lustrous Orb in a patch of grass after taking a path to the right and I also found a Big Nugget when I headed south. I also found an Adamant Orb and a Griseous Orb via some other paths and I saved when I found Zygarde at the end of the cave.

JohnGazmon

Managed to actually start my game for real after receiving a functional 3DS!

Furthest I got was Ambrette Town on Y, and after reaching there, I headed back onto Route 8 expecting to discover that Bagon was stupidly rare only to find one on my second encounter (first one was a Seviper, which I was also after). I proceeded to Burn it like a complete goon and only caught it on it's last sliver of health. I also caught an Absol which knocked out half my team and ate up most of my Great Balls.

Lorde

I battled the Legendary Pokemon Zygarde at Terminus Cave's lowest floor and used Golduck to weaken it slowly. It took a while for Zygarde's HP to drop and I had to be very careful not to accidentally defeat it. I started throwing some Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls at Zygarde for about 10 minutes until it was finally captured. After capturing the Zygarde, I exited the cave via an Escape Rope and I headed south on Route 18 towards Couriway Town again. I healed my Golduck and other Pokemon inside, then I swapped Pokemon on the PC and I headed out again. I wandered south to Route 19 and moved along the swampy landscape until I encountered a Sliggoo which I caught with the intention of evolving into Goodra.

I got my Sylveon to Lv.59 today, after blowing almost all of my PP and burning two Revives while grinding in the Battle Chateau. After he hits Lv.60, I'll switch to grinding Le Wow with EXP Point O-Power.

Lorde

I flew to Camphrier Town and visited Route 7 and I left Sliggoo at the Day Care to level up while I was in that area. I then flew to Lumiose City and passed by North Boulevard and Rouge Plaza as I went to search for Looker. I eventually found him in a building and spoke to him, and I agreed to help him with some tasks. The first task was to find some Looker Tickets around Lumiose City. I found them easily and then I was given the task of searching some alleyways around the city next. I went to South Boulevard and battled against two Preschoolers and their Swinub, Bonsly, and Igglybuff, then against a Schoolboy with a Spiritomb and a Schoolgirl with a Rapidash, Kingler, and Leavanny. I then left the area.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Not doing much new training now, just building the one's I've got up to level 100, as all the new ones I want to train are currently stuck sitting in Pokemon White. So whilst waiting today I tried out the Battle Institute, and after three attempts at Doubles I finally got a maxed out star rank with the following team...

Leads:

- Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
Item: Sharp Beak
Moves: Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, U-Turn, Roost (stupidly forgot it cancels out its Flying type and got it killed after knowing the enemy had Earthquake, lesson learnt)

- Azumarill
Ability: Huge Power
Item: Choice Band
Moves: Aqua Jet, Play Rough, Waterfall, Superpower

Backups:

- Ageislash
Ability: Stance Change (duh)
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword, Kings Shield, Swords Dance

- Greninja
Ability: Protean
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Hydropump, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Grass Knot

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Been filling up my pokédex, for the regional ones I only have Kingdra and Rypherior left, and for the national dex another 70 or so. Gettting there, slowly.

JohnGazmon

Shifted my concentration to Y for the time being - will catch up on X at a later date.

Moved on to Cyllage Town and defeated the Gym Leader relatively easily. Moved on to Geosenge and defeated Korrina for the first time. Moving on to Route 11, got completely swept by the Brains and Brawn team (I have no idea how, they seemed to get absurdly frequent crits). Did some training and defeated them, and headed for the next town. Battling Korrina at the Gym, Pikachu continued to surprise me with his usefulness, comboing Electro Ball nicely with Seviper's Glare for an easy win. Beat Korrina (again) atop the Tower of Mastery and immediately deposited Lucario into the PC.

Moving on to Route 12, got my Lapras, thereby filling out another space in my team for a much-needed Water type. Reaching Courmline, Charmeleon and Quilladin evolved post-rival battle and I started taking apart the Grass gym. Saved prior to fighting the leader.

Lorde

After I defeated the four kids in the alleyway in Lumiose City as part of Looker's mission, I headed back to North Boulevard and returned to the Looker Bureau to speak with Looker. We both went to the Lumiose Station next and I had to battle against three Lumiose Gang Members inside. I defeated the first female member's Mandibuzz with my Lucario and then I beat the second female gang members's Pangoro and Bouffalant with Talonflame and Venusaur. I defeated the last gang member and his Druddigon with Golduck's Ice Beam and his Krookodile with Golduck's Surf. After finishing that, I went back outside and I received my next assignment from Looker and I went to the Lumiose Museum next to do that assignment.

Kalosian

So long
Continued in the Battle Maison today. It went unexpectedly well. Unlike what I had expected, I didn't lose at all. I did 60 more battles in total which means that I now have a streak of 120, still undefeated. Had not expected this at all. But I'm happy that I was able to make it this far. Although not every battle has gone perfectly, I have been very close to losing a couple of times. Will continue tomorrow and see if I can keep winning or if I lose somewhere along the way.

Lorde

After visiting the Lumiose Museum like Looker said, I wandered over to an alleyway near the Galette Stand. I encountered and battled against a Suspicious Woman trainer and I beat her Jellicent with Venusaur's Petal Dance and her Volcarona with Golduck's Surf. After beating the Suspicious Woman, I wandered down a street and arrived at Cafe Triste's alleyway and I battled against a Suspicious Child trainer. I defeated her Whimsicott and Mawile with Delphox's Flamethrower and her Granbull with Lucario's Aura Sphere. I went back to South Boulevard afterwards and found a Suspicious Lady at another alleyway where I had beaten those four kids earlier and I used Lucario to defeat her Persian and finished the mission.

Jack5326

Got an Ability Capsule so I managed to change my Shiny Marill's ability to Huge Power. So glad it's now viable for competitive battling!

Lorde

I traveled through North Boulevard and returned to the Looker Bureau since there was still more to do. Once there, I had to battle against a Butler. I defeated his Braviary with Golduck's Ice Beam and then I headed outside after that battle and I went to Hotel Richissime next. I went upstiars to the top floor and I encountered Malva of the Kalos Elite Four and I battled against her. I defeated her Pyroar with Golduck's Waterfall attack, then I left Hotel Richissime and went to Cafe Lysandre and went down to Lysandre Labs. I arrived at a hidden floor within Lysandre Labs after taking the elevator down and I battled a Scientist when I arrived and I beat her Elgyem with Lucario's Shadow Claw. I then moved further on.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I grew more EV reducing berries and then planted some more. In between checking my plants, I spent time at the Battle Chateau levelling up some of my EV trained Pokemon. I was lucky and had many battles against the Gym Leaders and Elite Four.

After that, I hatched a Zigzagoon from an egg. I plan on using it mostly for Pickup, but I decided to EV train it just for fun. And while I was EV training, I encountered a shiny Bellsprout in a horde battle! I very carefully killed the other Bellsprout, then threw a ball and caught the shiny. My first shiny in Gen 6! :D
Now, I'm currently levelling up my Linoone.