• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After arriving in Geosenge Town, I quickly visited the local Pokemon Center and I healed my team there. I also spoke to an old man inside the lobby and I got the Payback TM from him which I would teach Pancham later on. I headed out of the Pokemon Center afterwards and visited the hotel and I met Mr. Bonding again and obtained a new O-Power from him. I wandered around Geosenge Town some more and noticed a Team Flare grunt in the area who quickly fled. I then got items like an Everstone, Soft Sand and a Timer Ball around Geosenge Town, then I headed north and found the Team Flare grunt from before again and he spoke about the rocks around Geosenge Town, then Serena showed up on the scene.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
Only a few Pokemon away from completing my Kalos Dex!! I can't believe I did it all pretty much on my own. I wasn't planning on going too crazy with it since I just spent a ton of time finishing my Black 2 dex before X and Y came out, but with the Bank delay I decided to try and finish it before it comes out.

On that note, if anyone has a few minutes to spare this weekend I would be forever grateful if I could get some help with tradebacks so I can get Dex entries for the last few Pokemon I can't get on my own: Roserade, Articuno, Zapdos, Honchkrow, and Scizor. Please PM me if you're able to help! :)

Lorde

After asking me about the Team Flare grunt in Geosenge Town, Serena left the area and I left as well towards Route 11. I encountered Gym Leader Korrina again before leaving Geosenge Town and I battled her. I used Litleo against her first Lucario and I defeated it with Litleo's Fire Fang attack. I then switched out to my Aerodactyl in order to battle Korrina's second Lucario and I defeated it eventually. Korrina left back to Shalour City and I wandered into Route 11 after I healed my Pokemon at the Geosenge Town Pokemon Center. Once I had arrived at Route 11, I picked Sitrus Berry off the ground and I battled against a Psychic nearby. I defeated his Solosis and Sigilyph with Pancham and Quilladin and then saved.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
Well, I just got Pokemon Y. Want to play thorough the game again with a mostly different team this time. At the end I plan on having:

Greninja
Charizard
Mienshao
Granbull
Scolipede
Mawile

So yeah. Only about half my team will be different. I would choose someone other than Scolipede again, but I can't think of another Poison-type I'd rather use.

Lorde

I continued walking around Route 11 and I battled against a Battle Girl next and I defeated her Mienfoo with Pikachu's Thunder Shock. As I moved onward, I got a Holo Caster message from Professor Sycamore who wanted me to speak to the Evolution Guru in Shalour City. I then picked up the Rock Polish TM after cutting down a tree, then I had a Double Battle against a Brains & Brawn duo. They used Mr. Mime and Machoke and I defeated them with Pancham and Aerodactyl, then I arrived at the entrance to Reflection Cave. I battled against a Sky Trainer before going in though and I defeated her Wingull, Emolga, and Staravia with Aerodactyl's Ancient Power, then I picked up a Thunder Stone nearby and saved.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Only a few Pokemon away from completing my Kalos Dex!! I can't believe I did it all pretty much on my own. I wasn't planning on going too crazy with it since I just spent a ton of time finishing my Black 2 dex before X and Y came out, but with the Bank delay I decided to try and finish it before it comes out? That way, all you need to complete the set is Articuno.

On that note, if anyone has a few minutes to spare this weekend I would be forever grateful if I could get some help with tradebacks so I can get Dex entries for the last few Pokemon I can't get on my own: Roserade, Articuno, Zapdos, Honchkrow, and Scizor. Please PM me if you're able to help! :)

You can keep my Zapdos as long as I can have your Charizardite X if you got it. Actually, how about I trade you Zapdos for Moltres and trade it back to you for some fodder Pokemon with Charizardite X attached.

Also, since I noticed you used one, I want to know for my own X playthrough: how dependent is Venusaur on its Mega Evolution? Because I also plan to use Mega Aerodactyl on that team, and if there's a time when I need Aerodactyl to Mega Evolve, I want to know exactly how screwed Venusaur is.

Reply in a PM. No need to clutter up the thread.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught a bunnelby, beat all the trainers in the gym, beat Viola, caught a stupid male com bee, and got a female charmander. Current team
Quil the fennekin lv 15
Dim the vivillon lv 12
Benny the beedrill lv 13

Lorde

I explored the tall grass around Route 11 before entering Reflection Cave and I caught a wild Chingling, Nidorino, Hariyama, Dedenne, and Sawk for my collection there, then I encountered a Starly horde. After catching the last remaining Starly, I headed inside of Reflection Cave. Once inside the large cavern, I encountered and battled against a Backpacker and I beat Linoone with Pancham's Circle Throw. As I moved deeper into the cave and took a path to the left and picked up a Net Ball, I spotted a Battle Girl and I defeated her Throh and Hawlucha with Quilladin and my newly-evolved Raichu that I evolved with the Thunder Stone. I moved around and caught some wild Pokemon including Carbink and Solosis.

VeteranGamer

The Original 151
I just lost a battle against a player using a Dragon arceus, two Genesect , a latios, a White Kyurem, and a Darkrai. I used a lucario,blastoise, an untrained drapion, a Meowstic, a Pidgeot, and an Aegislash. I almost won with fainting all but the Arceus and the latios.

Sealotic

I'm currently MMing for a Shiny Milotic, my favorite pokemon, I just start the hunt and I'm just hoping it'll be fast because I never did a MM hunt and completed it...

Lorde

I kept wandering around Reflection Cave and I found a Moon Stone south of the Battle Girl that I beat. I also battled more wild Pokemon and caught a Wobbuffet and Mr. Mime, then a wild Woobat dropped from the ceiling and I caught it as well. As I moved past one of the mirror-esque walls, I found an Ace Trainer and I battled against her. I beat her Doduo with Pikachu's Thunder Shock, her Granbull with Pancham's Circle Throw, and her Helioptile with Litleo's Fire Fang. I headed down some steps and healed my Pokemon after speaking to a Pokemon Breeder, then I battled a Tourist and her Nidorina and picked up a Black Belt. I met Tierno again and I recevied the Flash TM from him. I then battled a few more trainers.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Here's what's new...

- Trained Garchomp, Raichu and Blaziken up to level 100, currently working on Alakazam & Diggersby who are both in the 90s.
- Trained a Magic Bounce Espeon up to level 50 for use as a status breaker in the Battle Institute and Maison.
- Bred and trained a Frisk Noivern that knows Switcheroo up to level 50. Its held item is a Choice Specs.
- wonder traded all my rejected Switcheroo, Timid, Frisk Noibat. Got nothing of interest back, was hoping for some Bank Pokemon. Oh well, got me some Pokemiles for PP-UPs.
- Caught some more hidden ability Pokemon in the Friend Safari (I collect rare abilities over Shiny's). Got a Scrappy Lillipup (now a Stoutland for the Dex points) and a Skill Link Mincinno.
- FINALLY got a Prankster Illumise via the GTS. Been hunting on for ages.
- Still waiting for Bank.....

xKatie0391

Beat the Pokemon League yesterday after taking a break from the game for a while. Finally got access to the Friend Safari :D I have a lot of friends with ice safaris at the moment. Also spent a lot of time customising my character and buying clothes.

And got a male Timid Protean Froakie through Wonder Trade. So have been breeding some more to pass around :)

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I started with catching a Furfrou and a Skiddo named will on route 5. Willo was to deal with Tiernos Corphish and Furfrou is to raise my Lumiose City Style. Bandit and Alduin both evolved along the way to Camphrier Town. Did the required Castle and sleeping Snorlax Visit then headed to route 6. Chose to catch an Oddish for my team named Oddium. Did the Furfrou catching and item Collecting at the Palace then it was back to Snorlax. Caught the Snorlax and named it Shaggy. Took a quick trip inside the Battle Chateau and ranked up to Viscountess for my trouble. Nothing else special happened then, until i reached Ambrette Town and Route 9. Caught a Hippopotas named Potatos in route 9 and a Rhyhorn named Aqua in Glittering Cave. Karrot dealt with most of the Team Flare Grunts in Glittering cave with Bandit helping out on the Final Double Battle. Grabbed the Sail Fossil and headed back to the Poke Center to rearrange my team. Karrot, Shadow and Shaggy went to the PC and Aqua Joined the team. Then I revived Stompette the Amaura from its fossil and took a break.

Team
Bandit/Frogadier lvl 21
Aqua/Rhyhorn lvl 17
Oddium/Oddish lvl 20
Alduin/ Charmeleon lvl 21

Jack5326

MMing for a Shiny Togepi. Although it doesn't look too different, I'd just love to say I have one. Currently planning what to breed next too. Hoping to do Piplup or Lapras I think.

killercloud

Got a four perfect IV japanese ditto on the GTS and then started breeding my battle worthy Chansey with it and got a shiny chansey with the right nature, perfect IVs where I wanted them and a seismic toss on it so very happy. Then bred an almost perfect Gastly and now breeding that with the foreign ditto to get a shiny one.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught my 4th team member, a female furfrou named Cleo, got to Camphrier town, went through the castle, beat the 2 trainers on the middle route to the other castle, and am now looking for the cut hm and the guys furfrou.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just got the last of the Legendaries (aside from the event ones) from the GTS last night. Went on to hunt for Moltres, found him and was able to catch him :). So now onto just shiny hunting in general. I hope to find something soon and go back on my shiny Mareep hunt. Will also be working on a effects team soon as well.

Lorde

I kept moving around Reflection Cave and after catching a wild Carbink, I went down some steps to the next floor of the cavern. I picked up an Earth Plate as I moved close to one of the reflective walls of the cave, and then I saw an opening along there and found the Gyro Ball TM. After battling some Honeymooners and their Combee and Vespiquen, I found the exit of the cave and I arrived in Shalour City. I explored the city and visited houses and obtained the Soothe Bell in one of them, then I got some Stardusts from a girl who wanted to see a Flying Pokemon. I then quickly headed over to the Shalour City Pokemon Center because my Pokemon were weakened from all the battles within Reflection Cave. I then saved.