• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Rio!

Composer
So I'm convinced Shiny Klefki hates me. After school I decided to search again in my Safaris for shinies. I managed to find a Shiny Female Wobbufett, a second Shiny Male Ferroseed, and a Shiny Klang...but no Shiny Klefki...going on four hours of searching...

I know the feeling; it seems like whenever I'm on a quest in a safari for a specific shiny, I ALWAYS find one of the other two. It never fails. XD

I just finished leveling up Sneasel to Level 50, then after learning Ice Shard, went ahead and used a Rare Candy to evolve her into Weavile. I'm about to start working on chain-breeding starting with a Modest Swanna/One of my Noiverns so I can eventually get the proper IVs to pass down to Togepi. This is going to be a week or so in the making.
I'm also contemplating breeding a Cottonee for competitive +Dex purposes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After returning the Skiddo I had ridden to Baa de Mer Ranch, I headed south on Route 12 across a patch of flowers and I encountered a female Pokemon Breeder. I battled her and I beat her Seviper and Miltank with Aerodactyl, then I battled a Youngster and I defeated his Yanma, Mothim, and Whirlipede with Pyroar and Wartortle. Wartortle evolved into Blastoise afterwards, then I ran into more trainers along the path as I wandered closer to Coumarine City. I beat a male Pokemon Breeder's Zangoose and Tauros with Pangoro, then a Fisherman and his many Magikarp with Quilladin. I trained my Quilladin in the flowers some more afterwards and it finally evolved into Chesnaught. I also caught some wild Pokemon.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught my next team member, a female Oddish which I named Tinkerbell, beat the snorlax, and went back and got everything I could get with cut.

Lorde

I captured a wild Miltank, Tauros, Pinsir and Pachirisu in the yellow flowers on the eastern part of Route 12/Fourrage Road. Then as I moved into Coumarine City, I got a Holo Caster message from Serena. She told me that she wanted us to have another battle outside of the Coumarine City Gym. As I moved along the northern part of Coumarine City, I visited a house by the local lighthouse and I received a Silk Scarf from a man inside, then I went back out and visited the Incense shop. I didn't bother purchasing any of the Incenses though since they were quite expensive. Instead I headed north towards the peninsula and got the Acrobatics TM from the girl there after I answered her quiz. I then headed back south.

My Trevenant is Lv.81, and all my berry trees are flowering at the same time, even the Leppas and Persims I replanted yesterday afternoon. I really hope these berry trees all finish growing at the same time, because I really want to move my training spot to Le Wow.

Lorde

After getting the Acrobatics TM in Coumarine City, I visited the nearby Coumarine Hotel and I spoke to people in the lobby and I obtained a Lucky Egg from one of the girls there after I showed her a Pokemon with high happiness. I also met the Game Director in one of the rooms, then I went back outside. I wandered south along the coast past some boats until I found the Seaside Station where the monorail that would take me to the southern portion of the city was located. After obtaining a Good Rod from a Fisherman outside, I entered Seaside Station and I encountered Professor Sycamore and Diantha inside said station. Professor Sycamore spoke to me about Mega Evolution and other things while he was there.

Kalosian

So long
I have done more battling in the Battle Chateau as well as battled the Inverse Trainer, Emma and my Rival. I also battled some Sky Trainers around Kalos but I'm not sure if I have battled all of them yet. All of this battling has gotten me a ton of money but I don't think I am able to purchase all of the various clothes in the game yet, so I will keep on getting more money. I also connected to the Global Link today and got my hands on the Discount Coupon which I will use at some point in the rather near future. Regarding the training, the seven Pokemon I have been training have all reached level 70 which is pretty cool. I have also been planting some berries but not all of them are done growing yet, hopefully they will be in a few days.

Lorde

After listening to Professor Sycamore's lecture, I obtained the Fly HM from him, but I couldn't use it in the overworld yet until I had the Plant Badge. Professor Sycamore then left Seaside Station and then Diantha spoke to me as well before she disappeared too. Afterwards I approached the person behind the counter at the station and I got to board the monorail. The monorail quickly arrived at Hillcrest Station and I obtained a Metronome item from a man there, then I headed out. I visited the local Pokemon Center upon arrival at the southern part of the city and I healed my team. I then purchased some Timer and Quick Balls at the Mart and I obtained the Befriending Power O-Power from Mr. Bonding in the lobby.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I also connected to the Global Link today and got my hands on the Discount Coupon which I will use at some point in the rather near future.

Dammit, that's the Global Link?! I thought it was Mystery Gift! Ah well, there's nothing in the Lumiose Boutique I really want or need anyway.

Lorde

I left the Coumarine City Pokemon Center after getting an O-Power from Mr. Bonding there and I visited some houses around the city. I obtained a Poke Toy from a girl inside one of those houses, then I received the Black Sludge item at the gatehouse that led to Route 13 to the south of town. I found a Sky Plate east of the Coumarine Gym, then I headed over to the Gym itself to meet Serena. Once I had arrived, I battled her. I used my Pangoro's Payback attack to beat her Meowstic, then I defeated Serena's Absol with Pangoro's Circle Throw attack which was super effective. Serena sent out her Braixen afterwards and I switched to Blastoise and defeated Braixen with Surf attack. I saved the game after I defeated her.

I managed to make all my berry bushes grow berries at the same time, so I harvested them all and headed to Lumiose to grab many, many bites to eat at Le Wow. I got my Trevenant to Lv.100, took on the E4 to enter my Trevenant into the HoF and get him the Champion ribbon, then finished maxing my Sylveon's Amie affection (since I only did as much as required to evolve him), then maxed Trevenant's Amie affection, as well. I got them both the Effort, Footprint, and Best Friends ribbons, and saved the game. The only member missing from my Y dream team is MegaZardX, but I'm stuck with MegaZardY.

Lorde

I returned to the Coumarine City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon after I defeated Serena in front of the Coumarine Gym. I then headed back out afterwards since I had to do more training and I wanted to visit Azure Bay north of Route 12 next. So I headed west out of Coumarine City again and I Surfed along the water on Route 12 until I arrived at Azure Bay. I battled a male Swimmer and his Remoraid, Skrelp, and Wailmer and beat them with Raichu, then I battled a female Swimmer and I beat her Slowpoke with Chesnaught. I obtained the Ampharosite Mega Stone from a man on one of the little islands in the center of the bay, then I battled a Fisherman and I beat his Clauncher and Carvanha with Pangoro.

Stole a lucky egg from Chansey in the friend safari. This should make completing the pokedex easier!

Lorde

I caught a wild Tentacool and Mantyke as I Surfed around Azure Bay, then I battled a Sky Trainer and I beat his Sigilyph with Aerodactyl's Ancient Power attack. I kept Surfing and found a Star Piece hidden on a rock and a Big Pearl on a grassy isle. I battled a female Sky Trainer and her Fletchinder and Pelipper, then I located a Dive Ball on the same isle by a tips signs. I then spotted a female Swimmer and I defeated her Corsola and Lanturn with Chesnaught's Needle Arm. I started fishing around with my Good Rod afterwards and I snagged a Chinchou and a Remoraid. I Surfed around to some more islands around Azure Bay and I eventually found a Deep Sea Tooth and Deep Sea Scale on the western-most isle in the area.

Violent Red

I just got my first shiny for a very long time - a shiny Skrelp! Go me! Yay! :)

If anybody has a Latias with an English name, I'd be willing to trade Skrelp for her :)

Gosh it's been such a long time since my last shiny Pokemon :')

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Now I can breed good Pokemon from the Bug Egg Group.

I just got my first shiny for a very long time - a shiny Skrelp! Go me! Yay! :)

If anybody has a Latias with an English name, I'd be willing to trade Skrelp for her :)

Gosh it's been such a long time since my last shiny Pokemon :')

Holy hell, it's one of those outrageous GTS requests. It's amazing that people like those are here...

Also, you're out of luck. Pokemon fished from the water are the easiest to capture as Shiny Pokemon.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught my next pokemon. A female flabebe on route 7 I named Cloe. Now I'm on my way to the connecting cave.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I have hatched several shinies, even though I don't even have the Shiny Charm (can you get it in X/Y?). Shinies I've hatched from eggs include Bisharp, Horsea, Absol, Wynaut, and Treecko!

Also, I have a concern about something that happened to me on the Wonder Trade. Can someone point me to the correct forum to discuss the Wonder Trade?

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
been breeding more pokemon...

Noibat
-Timid
31/x/31/31/31/31

Gible
-Jolly
31/31/31/x/31/31

Charmander
-Timid
31/x/31/31/31/31