• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I've been hatching Froakie eggs and today I got a female protean Froakie with 4IVs that... wasn't shiny! So yeah, the gods of shininess hate me. I'm surprised I haven't seen a 6IV Froakie in weeks as well. I guess I used up all my luck when I hatched a shiny Togepi a while ago. I also transferred another 3.8k poke miles into my dream world account... I'm wonder trading for these points as it gives me an easier way of leveling pokemon from 50-100 as I really don't want to set foot in that silly battle chateau anymore. I think I am up to a few hundred rare candies now and at least 50k poke miles.

I'm still waiting on Pokemon bank for the English games... if it takes another month I might just throw out my poke balls and go digging for fossils or something.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Along Route 15/Brun Way, I used Rock Smash and located a Macho Brace, then I moved around some more tall grass around the north entrance of the Lost Hotel. I eventually spotted and battled against a Hex Maniac and I beat her Litwick and Duosion with Pangoro's Crunch. After that battle I turned on the Dowsing Machine and wandered around the outside of the Lost Hotel and found an X Defense. I also battled against a Fairy Tail girl and after beating her Dedenne and Aromatisse and moving through flowers, I finally went down a staircase and entered Lost Hotel. I battled some wild Pokemon inside by the threshold, but I didn't explore the Lost Hotel fully since I wanted to heal my Pokemon in Dendemille Town.

MrThEsTaN

Rare collector
Acquired a shiny Bergmite and a shiny Probopass by prowling the GTS.

Lorde

I left the Lost Hotel and caught a wild Klefki outside in the tall grass, then I headed east towards the gatehouse that led into Dendemille Town. I finally arrived in the town and I walked along as it started snowing and I soon encountered Professor Sycamore and his assistant Dexio there in Dendemille Town. Professor Sycamore spoke about Lysandre Cafe and about Xerneas, the Legendary Pokemon. He and Dexio then left and I met Trevor again and spoke to him. Afterwards I headed over to the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I entered the building and did that after buying Moomoo Milk outside and then I spoke to Mr. Bonding in the lobby and received another O-Power from him and saved before leaving.

MrThEsTaN

Rare collector
Just had an amazing trade accepted. Can't wait until tomorrow when it happens! It involves the two things I mentioned earlier and another thing!

MYNISTA

In Christ
Bred a perfect non-shiny Darumaka today! all six IVs are max! Looking forward to raising her up, evolving her, and using her for some fierce battling! I named her after my dog...cause my dog is a fiery Yorkie...she thinks she's a Pitbull though! Haha! Scrafty and Cottonee are next on the list! I'm getting away from shiny hunting for a bit, but If I get some sparkles in the process of breeding it's a win win! #Fresh!

[img300]http://25.media.tumblr.com/e4bfe0725532179d6634493849a78f7a/tumblr_n0fkbohf3a1s4x0zvo1_400.png[/img300]

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
I was hatching eevees for a while but I decided to take a break to try to fill up the Pokedex with what I can before the bank comes out. I'm hoping that after completing the Pokedex and getting the shiny charm I might be able to finally encounter a random shiny or even hatch a shiny eevee would be nice. While looking for solrock and lunatone I was in a situation where I was only running into solrock so I decided to take a chance with the gts and sure enough someone had a lunatone who was looking for a solrock! Needless to say after trading I ran into a lunatone on the way out! These moments make the game fun though.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
I have been battling all morning in the Battle Chateau trying to get the Grand Dutchess rank but it seems impossible >.< Ive been in and out of there between the pokemon center, also leveling up and evolving certain pokemon for the dex :3

Lorde

After speaking to Mr. Bonding at the Dendemille Town Pokemon Center and getting another O-Power, I headed over to the Mart section to purchase some Ultra Balls and other items, then I also changed clothes before leaving. I wandered around Dendemille Town in order to explore the area some more. I visited a few houses there in town and a man inside one of them wanted to check how many Pokemon I'd seen in the Kalos Mountain Pokedex. After that I walked back outside and visited a different house where I received a Leppa Berry for showing a little girl a TM and I also got the Facade TM from a little boy inside in the same building. I then found the Move Deleter's house. After that, I headed back outside again.

Tyrantrum

Still trying to complete my national dex, so I had exp share turned on, while training some pokemon in horde battles to level them up quickly. Got 3-4 added to my pokedex through leveling up different pokemon...also did the super training and got a dusk stone which I used to finally evolve my Doublade into Aegislash.

Lorde

At the Move Deleter's house in Dendemille Town, I spoke to the Move Relearner and I retaught a move to Pangoro in exchange for a Heart Scale. I headed out afterwards and I wandered south across a small bridge and found a space with nothing but soil and I located a Big Root in that field, then I used the Dowsing Machine and found a Nugget on the ground. I finished exploring all of Dendemille Town and I headed back to Route 15 after passing through a gate and I re-visited the Lost Hotel. I entered it again and I battled against a Punk Guy trainer by the entrance and I defeated his Pawniard, Scrafty and Sharpedo with Raichu. I moved around some more afterwards and I encountered and captured a Litwick.

Verasi

On the X version, I recently came across a shiny Bellsprout in a horde encounter at Route 14 while I was training my Charizard and managed to successfully capture it without killing it. Other than that, not much has happened lately.

Lorde

Inside the Lost Hotel, I wandered around a corridor with overturned bookshelves and I encountered and I battled against a Punk Girl. I defeated both her Seviper and Arbok with Pyroar, then I found a Smoke Ball on the ground when I wandered south along the same corridor. I backtracked after meeting a dead end and I battled some wild Litwick and Klefki, then I spotted a Punk Couple when I wandered to the right. I beat their Pangoro and Garbodor with Aerodactyl and Pyroar and then I picked up HP Up inside a trash can. I found another Punk and I spoke to his boss and I learned some new cosmic flip skating trick after talking to him. I wandered around some more and caught a wild Magneton and Electrode.

Kalosian

So long
Did another round of battles in the Chateau, then I battled my Rival and the Inverse Trainer. I went to all the clothing stores again and bought everything I didn't have, which was only one item today. I guess I am very close to having all of the clothes in the game now. Will continue tomorrow, also hoping my next round of berries will be ready sometime then.

Nayzira

IV Breeder
I've been having awesome luck with IV breeding; with the Eevee's I've already bred four 6IV Eevee's, also a 6IV Absol and a 6IV Riolu so far and the last time I bred a bunch of something, in that case Riolu's, out of the 10 eggs 4 had their 5IV's in the right place and one was 6IV, that was fun. Other then that I've started doing wi-fi battles and I've began to realise how fun battling real people is, I thought I wouldn't enjoy it this much because I don't have a very competitive nature thus winning doesn't give me that much 'yay' and loosing doesn't annoy me unless it happens consistently the whole time, I love noticing people's strategy especially the more creative ones. I've really only been breeding and battling online, and trading my IV bred pokemon for other people's IV bred pokemon, in game there's really only the battle mansion but real people do more interesting things and have more interesting teams (although after a while I get bored of seeing the same pokemon over and over and thén the battle mansion is a nice chance of .. thingy :p).

Lorde

After learning a new skate trick inside of Lost Hotel, I moved around and I battled more wild Pokemon and encountered and caught a wild Trubbish that appeared in another trash can. I then left the Lost Hotel since most of the other corridors and passageways were blocked by fences. I headed south from Route 15 and spotted a boulder in the path that I pushed away with Strength, then I arrived at Route 16's ruins and entered the Lost Hotel from the southern entrance. I encountered a Punk Guy as soon as I stepped inside and I beat his Dunsparce easily. I then had Pangoro use Rock Smash to break apart a stone wall along another corridor and I picked up the Dread Plate that was behind it and moved forward.

cyclo195

Shiny Collector
So today I was checking out one of my friend safari's and I run into a shiny Sunkern! I caught it (obviously) and when I take a look after catching it.. IT ALSO HAS POKERUS!!! Looked some numbers up online, apparently odds of finding a shiny pokemon in the friend safari is about 1/2000, and odds of finding a pokemon with pokerus is about 1/21845, so that was about a 1/43,690,000 chance. THAT'S LESS LIKELY THAN WINNING THE LOTTERY!! Just wanted to share this crazy happenstance with someone. Thanks for listening!

Lorde

I continued moving around Lost Hotel and had Pangoro use Rock Smash to break a couple more stone walls apart. I then spoke to a Roller Skater and I got the Fling TM from her and I used my Dowsing Machine to locate hidden items around the area. I soon spotted a Punk Guy and we battled and I beat his Skuntank and Crawdaunt with Chesnaught. I kept along more hallways and I battled a Punk Girl and beat her two Liepard with Pangoro and then I found more stone walls to break apart with Rock Smash and I picked up the Protector item behind one of those walls. I soon finished battling all the trainers within the Lost Hotel, so I headed back outside and I visited Dendemille Town again and healed my Pokemon there.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
I downloaded Pokemon Bank since it's out in Europe.

Time to wreck havoc with my babies from as far back as gen 3. Not that I haven't already got some via Wonder Trade.