• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After I defeated two more Team Flare grunts inside the tedious labyrinth known as Lysandre Labs, I stepped onto more movement tiles and went spinning in all directions in search of the last room where the final Team Flare Scientist was supposed to be. I healed my Pokemon again in the room with all the beds, then finally I arrived at the last room in the far right corner of the Labs and encountered Team Flare Mable. I sent out my Blastoise against her Houndoom and beat it with Surf, then I switched to Aerodactyl and I beat her Weavile with Ancient Power. I then got the Elevator Key from Mable and I headed back to the elevator and unlocked it. I arrived at the next floor of Lysandre Labs and saw an imprisoned man.

killercloud

Since getting the shiny charm I have been MMing for a shiny Gastly. I'm up to 410 now with no luck. I also got the bank and transferred everything from White2 including all of my shinies and events that I've picked up. I'm determined to get the whole dex in order in the bank boxes but I'm missing a few legendaries. Also my flawless foreign ditto didn't come across that I got in a trade. I had a feeling it was a hack but was gutted when it was confirmed :( I really wanted a flawless foreign ditto. How have people got them legitimately on previous games? Was there a trick to it or is it purely the near impossible odds? It seems unlikely that so many people would be able to get them.

Navarch

Filling up the Dex as I go along, making lots of Wonder Trades and GTS Trades. I'm about to go to Cyllage City. I hope I can get some nice clothes there...Oh, and I got a Shiny Wingull yesterday while looking for a Tailow!

Drummerdude

With Flabebe in tow I returned to Route 4 where my team defeated all of the trainers and before I knew it I was in Lumiose City. There seemed to be a blackout because I wasn't able to go to very many places within the city. I was able to go to Sycamore's Lab, which I did, and after beating him in a battle I received a Bulbasaur which went straight to the PC. After meeting Lysandre and Diantha in a nice little cafe I headed to Route 5 where I battled all the trainers and witnessed Froakie evolve into Frogadier on my way to Camphrier Town. After healing and making a quick stop at the Shabboneau Castle I went to Route 7 where a pesky Snorlax was blocking the path! Only a PokeFlute can move this foul beast so I headed to Route 6 on my way to the Parfum Palace. I skipped the trainers and looped bac into the grass so I could capture my fourth team member, a Honedge!

657.png
Lv17
667.png
Lv17
669.png
Lv17
679.png
Lv13

Bus

With the Bank finally released, I was able to transfer all my things and restart! I claimed my Celebi (Adamant Nature) and re-started my Pokemon Y file. I've decided to go with an All-Fossil team, however I need to breed them so they're lower level and don't get the boosted EXP. I don't want them to grow too fast. Until that point, I've decided to just use all Fire Starters and am running a current team of:

Quilava
Braixen
Pignite
Monferno
Charmeleon
Furfrou (When I transferred my pokemon over, I forgot about Torchic)

I just have to move that fat-*** Snorlax out of the way and I'll be able to reach the breeder, so I'm already close to starting the all-fossil team. I'm not sure who to use, though. I have Omanyte, Kabuto, Tirtouga, Shieldon, Amaura, Cranidos, and Archen. I figure I'll pick up the little T-Rex when Im given the option, so I'm not sure who to use as the 6 for the team. Obviously I'm going to have a crippling Grass & Fighting weakness, but hopefully I wont really encounter it too often (other than the 2 gyms purely made up of that type lol).

venetrix

Kaiju trainer
Wifi traded a guy my spare event Giratina for his Deoxys. Turns out said Deoxys has flawless IVs and Pokemon Bank recognises it as legal. I think one of us got really screwed here, but I'm not sure who...

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm considering trading a whole box of Jirachis and Arceuses and maybe a shiny Mew and shiny Milotic on Wonder Trade this weekend. What do you guys think? Should I do it?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'm considering trading a whole box of Jirachis and Arceuses and maybe a shiny Mew and shiny Milotic on Wonder Trade this weekend. What do you guys think? Should I do it?

You would certainly make someone's day!

I got my shiny charm in X today! I'll have to get it in Y after work tonight or tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I finally got the time to catch Mewtwo, so I went and done that. When caught, though, part of me wishes I caught it in X instead, as the Mewtwo had Adamant nature and perfect Attack IVs. I'm going to plan and try to get it in X and hope it has a better nature so I can trade them between games.

Rio!

Composer
I had forgotten all about the TM Thunder Wave so I went ahead and got that. Then I went ahead and completed my National Dex, thus getting the Shiny Charm. After that, I decided to work on getting a shiny Tyrunt which I got after hatching around 30 eggs; 5ivs to boot. I'm now working on leveling up the li'l guy and Riolu.

KAYLAF0X

The Fox
After losing a billion times on the Battle spot, I'm beginning to think that all of my efforts at getting better at battling are lost, due to the high amount of very unlucky circumstances of my losses(All kinds of crits, Getting frozen, getting flinched, etc). Maybe the internet doesn't like me. :( I used to pull wins from my Pokemon's utilities and great stats, but nowadays, I have no idea why I can just get fully sweeped by a Dragonite who didn't get KO'd from a fully trained Protean Greninja with perfect Sp. Atk. IV using Ice Beam... :(

Also, if anyone would like to do multi-battles online, that's what my current goal is to do, get a dandy group of friends who'll do multi-battles. :D

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Got all Pokemons what I need to transfer and all i need to do is evolve and breed needing ones. Also missing some evolve-with-item-only mons and three legendaries, Articuno, Registeel and Regice.
This is my first time to complete National dex, so i'm exited about it.

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
image.jpg
Guess what I found in a friend safari. ;)
Wrong gender and nature, so she will probably be UFT.
Just found her and critical captured...

Lorde

I spoke to the imprisoned man inside of Lysandre Labs and he told me the story about a war in Kalos's past and about a man whose Floette died and was later revived, as well as the man's use of the ultimate weapon to end the aforementioned war. Lysandre then said that the imprisoned man's name was AZ and that he had the key to activating the ultimate weapon since he was the man from the story. Lysandre then left the room and I left as well. I headed up to the next floor and I saw Lysandre speaking with a male Team Flare Scientist. I battled against Team Flare Xerosic next and I used my Raichu's Thunderbolt to defeat his Crobat and then I switched over to Pangoro in order to beat Xerosic's Malamar.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Traded a Magician Braixen for a female Blaziken, which I traded for a Purugly. I have to say, thank God for that What Pokemon? option, otherwise I would've had to go through Pearl, and not only is it super-duper slow (probably a lite faster with animations turned off, but whatever), but I'm way spoiled by Platinum's Pokedex. Oh well, at least that's two super-inconvenient Pokemon out of the way if I ever do the National Pokedex.

Lorde

After I defeated Team Flare Xerosic, he spoke about the ultimate weapon and gave me the option of deactivating it, but Xerosic went ahead and activated it anyway. After the cut-scene that showed the stone pillars in the center of Geosenge Town sinking into the ground and a giant jewel-esque pillar blossoming into a flower was shown, I quickly left Lysandre Labs via the elevator and returned to the Lumiose City Pokemon Center to heal my team and to stock up on items. I went outside and flew to Geosenge Town next in order to stop Team Flare's evil scheme. As I walked around the nearly ruined town, I saw some Team Flare grunts scattered around, then I approached the ultimate weapon in the middle of town.

Kalosian

So long
Continued on the Pokedex, didn’t really do a lot today either but added the following Pokemon to it: Muk, Meganium, Typhlosion, Grovyle, Sceptile, Marshtomp, Swampert, Vigoroth, Claydol, Grotle, Monferno, Prinplup, Lopunny, Purugly, Lumineon and Yveltal. I evolved some more Pokemon that I had transferred over from 5th gen as well as the Grimer I started training yesterday. I also offered a shiny Mewtwo on the GTS asking for an Yveltal and got one in return, my plan worked perfectly. I now have all Pokemon I can get from Kanto and Johto at the moment, I have all 151 from Kanto and I am only missing a couple of trade evolutions from Johto which I can't get at the moment. Will continue tomorrow, I guess I should be able to get the rest of those I can get within a few days.

Lorde

I moved around the giant crystalline flower in the center of Geosenge Town and I took a photo. I saw a few more Team Flare grunts hanging around town when I went north and I even battled against one of them. I beat his Manectric, Scrafty and Golbat with Chesnaught and Raichu, then the grunt fled and I chased after him and I soon encountered Serena again. I then entered the Team Flare Secret HQ building and I headed down on the elevator and arrived at a computer room with Team Flare grunts and scientists scattered around. Serena arrived as well and we walked towards the front of the room and saw Lysandre again. He spoke some more about the ultimate weapon and Xerneas before battling me.