• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I left Inver's shack and I went across some metal tracks and entered Terminus Cave, but since there wasn't much to do there, I went back out to Route 18. I located a Max Ether as I moved around, then I spotted a Sky Trainer as I headed south and I battled him. I beat his Ninjask, Drifblim, and Flygon with Aerodactyl's Ancient Power and then I went down some steps and used Rock Smash to break some boulders apart. I then battled against a Black Belt near the boulders afterwards and I beat his Sawk with Aerodactyl's Fly and his Pangoro with Chesnaught's Seed Bomb. I then found a Super Potion and battled a Lass trainer near the red flower patches. After beating her Granbull and Dedenne with Pangoro, I saved.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I evolved my feebas, porygon, magmar, and dusclops. Now I only need to evolve my others by leveling up, except buneary, chansey, and clefairy obviously because they evolve by friendship. It's going to take so long >.<

Navarch

After challenging Viola with my Fennekin, he evolved into Braixen. I left and caught some Pokemon on the next route for the Pokedex. I also leveled up Azurill. I proceeded to Lumoise City and was challenged by Sycamore. After two SRs, I got a Sassy Bulbasaur, which is pretty good. I'm currently EVing him in Sp. Defense and HP.

So I went full-boar into training my new Heliolisk, getting him from Lv.1 to Lv.100 in a single day, plus maxing his Amie affection, AND I levelled up my EXP Point O-Power to Lv.3, to boot. Epicly productive day, today! I'm completely satisfied! Plus, I'm going to visit my sister tomorrow afternoon, so I'll be able to download Bank and maybe make a few transfers before I'm rushed out the door. Excitement! :D

Lorde

I wandered around Route 18 some more and encountered a Durant horde among some red flowers, then I headed northward and past some tall grass in search of items. When I didn't find any, I back south through more red flowers and arrived in Couriway Town which was my destination all along. I passed under a bridge once I arrived and I entered the local Pokemon Center to heal my team there. I also purchased some Ultra Balls and healing items at the Mart section before heading back outside. I visited a house across the Pokemon Center and a girl there wanted to see a Pokemon with Nuzzle, so I withdrew my Dedenne from my PC and showed it to her. I got a Revive afterwards and headed to the train station.

Ninfia-Fan

I just got super lucky! :D

Some random person on the PSS wanted to trade with me, so we swapped a few Pokés,then had a battle and I registered her as a firend. In her FS I found Growlithe, Slugma and Ninetales. The first Ninetales that appeared had it's HA and was female! I'm sending mental thanks to the person who decided to battle me on the PSS.

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
Recently, I had my first battle with a friend of mine using our first original teams.
"Your Yveltal and Mega are going to slaughter my team, this isn't going to be very fair but -- wait, you play as a girl?"
"... you play as a boy?"
It was pretty funny. And his Yveltal did slaughter my team, by the way.

Well, it's been a few months in the making, but I'm ready to start my second playthrough with my invertebrate team. Includes my perfect shiny Venipede baby and his sister, a Larvesta, Joltik, Lileep, and some others. I'm quite excited! I'll probably play again as a boy. After my team grows up, I look forward to battles with other folk, as these babies are pretty viable in terms of abilities, IVs, and natures go.

Lorde

I picked up the U-turn TM on the platform at the Couriway Station. I also found a Rare Candy around there and then I headed down some steps and headed close to the water by the waterfalls. Afterwards I headed south towards a bridge, but before I could get across said bridge, I was stopped by Professor Sycamore who had just arrived. He apologized about Lysandre and thanked me for stopping Team Flare's scheme and so on. After talking to him, he challenged me to a battle right there. He sent out his Venusaur first and I used Aerodactyl's Aerial Ace to beat it. Sycamore then sent out a Blastoise and I used Raichu to beat it. Professor Sycamore then used Charizard which I defeated with my own Blastoise.

Oracle Zero

Below Zero
Received a lvl 100 6 iv Beautifly through a trade. Also got Victini and Pokebank Celebi. Now I'm working on finishing the National dex.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
- Got a Protean Kecleon off the GTS after 2 attempts.
- Got a Regenerator Tangela off the GTS after 2 attempts
- Trying to get a Speed Boost Carvanha (some must be out there thanks to bank), 3rd attempt and no luck so far... READ THE MESSAGES PEOPLE IT SAYS "SPEED BOOST PLZ" NOT ROUGH SKIN!
- Trained up a Nidoking & Nidoqueen doubles combo. Both currently level 50 with max speed.

Nidoking: "Dystopia"
- Ability: Sheer Force
- Nature: Timid
- Item: Life Orb
- Moves: Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Toxic Spikes, Thunder

Nidoqueen: "Wasteland"
- Ability: Sheer Force
- Nature: Timid
- Item: Black Sludge
- Moves: Venoshock, Shadowball, Toxic Spikes, Helping Hand

- Wonder traded the rejected Hustle Nidorans. Got nothing of outstanding interest in return, still hoping for an Extreme speed Drantini.

That's it for today.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
I met up with the local Pokemon players' Facebook group in meatspace, then participated in a Multi Battle.
Video is at this code: YKFG-WWWW-WWW5-CGVS

My team: Conrad
Greninja
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Protean

Mamoswine
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Thick Fat

Aegislash
Nature: Brave
Ability: Swords Dance

Partner: Alex

Noivern
Ability: Frisk

Mega Kangaskhan
Ability: Parental Bond

Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body

Opponent 1: Allen Xander
Doublade
Ability: No Guard

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings

Azumarill
Ability: Huge Power

Opponent 2: Aliff
Ditto
Ability: Imposter. Copied my Greninja

Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream

Mega Blaziken
Ability: Speed Boost

It became a close battle that resulted in a win for my team. A tale of lucky hits (The entire team would have fallen if Volcarona's Hurricane had missed Mega Blaziken and its Flame Body didn't activate to take out Doublade) and major WTFness (Who puts BubbleBeam on a Azumarill??). With Greninja the only one left standing.

Later on, in a battle with Marchioness Alyssa, I defeated her Altaria with Gabite's Outrage, only for it to be interrupted by the incoming Sylveon. The Sylveon now has a free turn, which was immediately used on Draining Kiss. It didn't destroy Gabite, but severely injured it.

Anticipating an incoming Draining Kiss and not wanting to risk losing a turn to confusion damage (Revives aren't cheap), I immediately switched out to Gardevoir.

The Sylveon is male, while the Gardevoir is female. Gardevoir immediately traced Sylveon's Cute Charm.

"You know, it will be weird once Sylveon tries to kiss Gardevoir thinking that it's Gabite." I told a friend who was watching this battle. Which it did.

Then Gardevoir's Cute Charm activated. Everyone lost their minds at this point.

Last edited:

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
- Got a Protean Kecleon off the GTS after 2 attempts.
- Got a Regenerator Tangela off the GTS after 2 attempts
- Trying to get a Speed Boost Carvanha (some must be out there thanks to bank), 3rd attempt and no luck so far... READ THE MESSAGES PEOPLE IT SAYS "SPEED BOOST PLZ" NOT ROUGH SKIN!
oh, they read the message, but few have the decency to respect your request if it means they'll get an easy pokemon. I think it took over 10 quality Larvesta before someone kindly sent me the requested HA Lileep... boy oh boy am I excited to use it for my restart ^^

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
Or, you know, foreign people don't know how to read English.
notes like "HA" and "5V" are universally understood, I'd say. Besides, in my experience, most incorrect pokemon I've received came from english cartridges, and some of my specifically requested pokemon (aka HA lileep) came from foreign cartridges.

I pessimistically stand by my argument that people on the GTS are jerks :p

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
^ Most people on the GTS are jerks.

I decided to train my shiny 4 iv Mienfoo it's now a level Menshao. It looks a tad pink to me so it has been boxed with the rest of my level 100 shiny pokemon. After doing so I worked on adding pokemon to the pokemon bank which has about 14 boxes full now. I then worked towards breeding a flawless shiny HA Eevee; I'm currently breeding two 5 iv HA Eevee together. The male was foreign by the way so it shouldn't be too hard (We shall see).

Additionally I obtained a shiny Baltoy and a flawless Swampert from wonder trades. This marks the first time I've got something shiny or flawless from this feature. I am used to getting Scatterbug, Fletching, male Combee, and Luvdisc from these trades so I was surprised.

Lorde

After beating Professor Sycamore in Couriway Town, I activated my Dowsing Machine in order to find hidden items around town. I located a Pretty Wing in a bush, then I wandered around some more and eventually. I backtracked to Couriway Station and found a Poke Ball and an Ether there. I then went back to the southern part of Couriway Town across the small bridge and I entered one of the houses there and I was questioned about my Starter Pokemon. I got a Miracle Seed there which I attached to my Chesnaught before heading out. I made my way over to the Couriway Hotel next and got the Scald TM from a little boy. I then wandered around some more rooms around the hotel and saved before leaving.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I evolved my shiny pidgeotto into pidgeot. I then put it in the day care and flew to lumiose city. I put a penny in the d pad and went around in circles until my pidgeot was level 83 which is about the same level as the non shiny pidgeot was. I then went to ambrette and fished for luvdisc. I used thief and got 4 heart scales. I then taught pidgeot the moves I wanted it to have back in dendemille town.