• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After speaking to many people inside of the Couriway Hotel and receiving another O-Power from Mr. Bonding, I headed out. I purchased some Fresh Water as I explored more of the town, then I wandered around the puddles by the waterfalls and found a Prism Scale. I Surfed on the lake south of the puddles and caught a wild Floatzel there. I then left Couriway Town in order to explore parts of Terminus Cave next. I headed north and I passed through the red flower patches again along Route 18, then I entered Terminus Cave. Once inside there I walked past a mining cart and battled wild Pokemon, then I used Pangoro's Rock Smash to break rocks and found a Heart Scale. I saved before going deeper into the cave.

HarmonicTorture

First time posting here. Transferred over some pokemon over when the bank came out. Then proceeded to trade away make extra TRU Shaymin for a Hayley Mew. After adding that person to my friend list I wen to his normal friend safari and got really lucky and caught a Shiny Audino, first encounter.

Then late last night I continued breeding MM method for a shiny Zangoose and on my 339th egg got this beautiful thing:

140209-170831.jpg

Now going for a shiny modest litwick.

Last edited:

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
Hello? X3 Not posted here on these forums in some time. Mostly lurking. .3.
I just came in to say I got a shiny female Snorunt from Wonder Trades yesterday ( now a very nice Frosslass )! I finally updated both my X and Y versions ( The former with main story complete, mostly breeding / WTing now, and the latter doing a Wonderlocke on ) so I could actually get my Wifi to work, and I actually got some pretty decent things like a French Fletchling, HA / Egg Moves female Eevee, a Protean Froakie, Egg Move Absol ( Isn't Play Rough an egg move? ), a Togepi, and a Zwelious. I might just start Wonder Trading some random Fennekins out there to be nice. c:
That doesn't include my Y Wonderlocke. I started it very recently and now have a Japanese Ralts, another Protean Froakie, a French Eevee, and a Honedge / Golett. Very nice indeed.
Also been wanting a Gastrodon lately, but I don't have anything for Pokebank and I can't get one on either game. //sigh

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I continued transferring Pokemon over from previous generations. This time, I transferred many Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon that I hadn't obtained on Y yet, including the rest of the legendaries from those regions. This brought my Pokedex to over 460 owned.

After that, I went to the Battle Maison in order to take on the Triple Battle challenge. I managed to win about 17 battles without any troubles, then interrupted my challenge because it was late.

Lorde

I continued to wander around Terminus Cave and I encountered many wild Pokemon and battled some Graveler and Sandslash for extra experience. I broke some more rocks apart with my Pangoro's Rock Smash in the first part of Terminus Cave and I caught a wild Shuckle that appeared during that process. I headed down some steps after that and moved past some ledges and I walked across a bridge and picked up a Star Piece nearby. I backtracked a bit afterwards and went under the bridge. I battled more wild Pokemon and picked up some more items, then a shadow dropped from the ceiling of the cave and I battled the wild Ariados. I captured it inside an Ultra Ball, then I walked towards a trainer and saved.

HarmonicTorture

Woah, just after I posted that reply I continued to hatch the litwick eggs.

My luck must seriously be working, got this beauty on the 56th egg:

140209-173607.jpg

Lorde

I battled against a Worker trainer inside Terminus Cave. I defeated his two Graveler with Chesnaught's Seed Bomb and his Golem with Pangoro's Hammer Arm. I continued to search for items afterwards and I came across more wild Pokemon like Durant and Graveler which I battled against as well. I found a hidden Hyper Potion after activating the Dowsing Machine, then I broke another rock apart with Rock Smash and located a Heat Rock. I went back to where the Worker trainer was and crossed the bridge near him. I battled a Hiker and beat his Rhydon with Pangoro, then I reached the other side of the cave and went down beneath another bridge and defeated a Worker's Octillery which Raichu's Thunderbolt.

Kalosian

So long
Continued on the Pokedex, added the following Pokemon to it today: Servine, Serperior, Pignite, Emboar, Dewott, Samurott, Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Beheeyem, Phione, Mismagius, Whimsicott, Weavile and Gliscor. I started with evolving of the Pokemon from Unova that evolve through normal means. I also went to the Battle Maison and bought a Razor Fang and Claw which I used to evolve a Gligar and a Sneasel. Then I did some Super Training to get stones for evolving Misdreavus, Eelektrik and Cottonee, which I evolved afterwards. Lastly, I put my Manaphy in the Day-Care with a Ditto and got an egg which hatched into a Phione. My Pokedex stands at 704 seen and 711 owned, and this is where it will have to stay for now. The ones I am missing are all trade evolutions, and once I am able to get these 14, I will get them. But for now, I will do other things in the game. There are two lines left to complete in the Maison, but before I start with that, I will probably do some other small things that I can do now.

Lorde

After defeating a Worker trainer's Octillery with my Raichu, I continued heading deeper into Terminus Cave and I used my Dowsing Machine some more to find more hidden items throughout the cavern. I battled against more wild Pokemon and used Rock Smash in order to break apart more boulders. I eventually found a hidden Moon Stone on the cave wall in the northern section of Terminus Cave and met a Battle Girl and I beat her Throh and Conkeldurr with Aerodactyl's Aerial Ace. I battled more wild Pokemon and used Rock Smash some more to gain access to a Dusk Stone that was in a corner of the cavern. With the Dowsing Machine I found an Iron in another corner and then I battled a Black Belt trainer and saved.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
I was wonder trading today and received a 5iv shiny squirtle. Quite excited to raise him up competitively as a new surprise for my friend. First real good wonder trade I've received so far.

Lorde

After beating Black Belt's Hariyama with Aerodactyl, I moved around Terminus Cave's second floor some more and used a Max Repel to avoid wild Pokemon for a while. I kept looking for hidden items with my Dowsing Machine and I broke apart more boulders with Rock Smash. I found a Dire Hit hidden on a rock nearby and then I battled a duo of Pokemon Rangers in a Double Battle. I used Blastoise and Aerodactyl to beat their Nidoking and Nidoqueen and then I slid down a slope afterwards and entered a cavern with more breakable boulders. I battled a Worker's Probopass with Pyroar's Flamethrower there and I then arrived by some steps, but a person was blocking access to them so I had to backtrack out of the cave.

Didn't do anything super note-worthy, pretty much just got through refection cave to get to Shalour city than I decided to stop there for the time being.
Caught Mr. Mime, Roggenrola, Woobat and Solosis. Going to go back after poking around in Shalour city to find the Pokemon I didn't encounter the first time around.
Those Wobbuffets and their Shadow Tag ability. So annoying when you just want to run from them. Well, any wild pokemon with that ability get's on your nerves.

Lorde

As I couldn't enter the blocked chamber at Terminus Cave, I backtracked out of the smaller cave. I picked up another Max Repel as I wandered out and I activated that in order to avoid battling more wild Pokemon for a while. I found a Reaper Cloth before leaving the room and I walked some more and found an Iron Plate. I soon encountered another Black Belt trainer who wanted to battle me. I used Aerodactyl's Aerial Ace to beat his Toxicroak and Sawk and I continued moving around the second floor of Terminus Cave. I jumped off some ledges around there and soon encountered a wild Noibat that dropped from the ceiling. I had to weaken it slowly and then I eventually succeeded in capturing it. I then saved the game.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
So, I used Professor Bridgette's system Pokemon Bank to transfer the Pokémon I worked really hard on to my Pokemon Y world. I thought I couldn't be more happy having my old friends back (some date back to SoulSilver!) but only to be disappointed a few moments later. I am a competitive trainer, so I love joining online battles and join a Tournament once in a while. But, this new transfer system comes at a price I hadn't been told about: you can only use Pokémon caught and/or raised in the X and Y games in tournaments. This was extremely disappointing, I've been in a World Tournament once to find out how hard it was. So I've been working to get 'Tourney Worthy' Pokémon ever since. All that time and effort has been for not. I can't use my old friends in official battles. I can use them in random battles though, but the sole purpose for me to transfer Pokémon to another game is because of the official matches will take place on the newest games, so I had to. This time though, it was completely in vain.
The good IV Dreamworld Magikarp I took about a week to breed, cannot be used so I will have to this all over again. It saddens me to see the fair players and hard workers being punished in order to filter out the hacked Pokémon. Great..