• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
After much breeding, I have my all 'fossil team' set up. I couldn't decide on a 6th man, however, so I put a Chimchar up on the GTS and ended up getting a Turtwig. Torterra is basically an Ankylasaurus (at least it looks like one to me), so I'm welcoming it to the Fossil Team!

So, my team is as follows:
Amaura
Tyrunt
Archen
Anorith
Cranidos
Turtwig

With a Kabuto, Omanyte, and Tirtouga in reserve. I don't know if Amaura can surf; if not, someone will probably be switched out for one of the other fossils in reserve; probably Omanyte since I dont have a fossil from Gen 1 at the moment.
That's sweet! But what about Cradily? Cradily would compliment the theme and provide extra coverage with its grass typing and bulky nature. Totally not biased in any form... not like it's my favorite pokemon or anything. :p
Also other ancient relic pokemon would be Relicanth and Tyranitar, Aggron even, Haxorus that would look good on the team, too. I see you're already using the fossil team, but these are some suggestions in case anyone is considering a less conventional team.

After much breeding, I have my all 'fossil team' set up. I couldn't decide on a 6th man, however, so I put a Chimchar up on the GTS and ended up getting a Turtwig. Torterra is basically an Ankylasaurus (at least it looks like one to me), so I'm welcoming it to the Fossil Team!

So, my team is as follows:
Amaura
Tyrunt
Archen
Anorith
Cranidos
Turtwig

With a Kabuto, Omanyte, and Tirtouga in reserve. I don't know if Amaura can surf; if not, someone will probably be switched out for one of the other fossils in reserve; probably Omanyte since I dont have a fossil from Gen 1 at the moment.

Use Cradily and Bastiodon on your fossil team if you need wallers. Aurorus and Omastar are your best bets for special attackers, and Tyrantrum/MegaDactyl/Rampardos make great physical attackers.

Last edited:

Bus

That's sweet! But what about Cradily? Cradily would compliment the theme and provide extra coverage with its grass typing and bulky nature. Totally not biased in any form... not like it's my favorite pokemon or anything. :p
Also other ancient relic pokemon would be Relicanth and Tyranitar, Aggron even, Haxorus that would look good on the team, too. I see you're already using the fossil team, but these are some suggestions in case anyone is considering a less conventional team.

I thought about those others. There's Tropius, too; the flying neck bananna Brontosaurus HM slave (Fly, Strength, Cut, & Rock Smash). The thing is, I took a look at this team and not only does it satisfy an 'ancient pokemon' theme, but is also 'all Rock', which I find adds a bit of an extra challenge. None of my guys had any egg moves or hidden abilities, so it was actually a bit tough when all they really had were the TMs I came across and 'Scratch' for the longest time. I was kind of surprised how nicely Amaura did; Nature Power is really good for it.

I have Pokemon Y, so I had to trade for the Anorith. I don't have access to Cradily, but I wouldn't mind having him in reserve to switch out for.

Use Cradily and Bastiodon on your fossil team if you need wallers. Aurorus and Omastar are your best bets for special attackers, and Tyrantrum/MegaDactyl/Rampardos make great physical attackers.

Yeah, Ramparados and Tyrantrum are both monsters. Archeops is really good, too. I still need a Shieldon and I wanted to avoid Mega Pokemon since they're really over-powered for the main game. If I ever toy around with taking this team online, then I'll probably have a Mega Aerodactyl, but until then, he'll be relegated to the sidelines along with Carracosta and Bastiodon & Cradily (if I get those two).

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I found a Rare Bone in the marsh on Route 19 and then I headed back across the bridge there and I arrived at the gatehouse that led into Snowbelle City, which was where I would battle the last Kalos Gym Leader to earn my eighth Kalos badge. Once inside Snowbelle City, I walked around through the snow and visited the local Pokemon Center where I healed my injured Pokemon. After healing my Pokemon and buying some items, I went back outside. I took a picture by a bench in front of the Snowbelle City Gym and then I spoke to a Move Tutor in a house and he taught Frenzy Plant to my Chesnaught. I went back outside to the snow covered streets of Snowbelle City and I spoke to various people around the town.

Shao-May

Trainer in training
Still MMing for a shiny Furfrou, still nothing (though I got a 6IV one in the process). I also managed to get a shiny Audino in safari...that I had to name Lavander because the game didn't wanted me to nickname it Violet or Violetta. This censor thing is going way too far (viol is the french word for rape...)... Oh and took a new picture in Anistar city.

Lorde

I walked throughout Snowbelle City and slid down a nearby slope and picked up a Full Restore off the ground. I then went up some steps and I saw a shop with an Abomasnow outside. I entered the boutique and I purchased some new clothes inside after wandering around and then went out again. I found a Full Heal after activating my Dowsing Machine, then I went back to the Snowbelle City Gym and spoke to the man who was blocking the Gym's entrance. He told me that Gym Leader Wulfric had gone to the Winding Woods. Afterwards I walked around the city some more and did a trade inside one of those buildings, then visited a few more houses and I saved the game after picking up an Icy Rock item.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Rain has become my new enemy now. Trying to EV horde train with Sweet Scent and then BAM it starts raining. No bueno :'(

Mye

Someone has to win..
After going through my black2, I managed to find a shiny budew smoochum and porygon, all with flawless IVs and modest natures. Bit glad I found these games, still annoyed that they chose to give us a celebi with pokebank and not a shiny regigigas.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Bit glad I found these games, still annoyed that they chose to give us a celebi with pokebank and not a shiny regigigas.

Why a shiny Regigigas? That was random...

Celebi at least makes sense because Pokémon bank/transporter is supposed to be able to trade Pokémon by manipulating time and space.

Lorde

I entered another house in Snowbelle City and obtained the Bulk Up TM there and then I went back outside and I soon entered the gatehouse that led to Route 21 and Victory Road, but I returned to Snowbelle City again since I wasn't ready to head over there yet. I visited the Snowbelle City Pokemon Center again to swap Pokemon on the PC, then I headed back out to the snow after getting another O-Power from Mr. Bonding in the lobby. I headed south towards Route 20/Winding Woods next since I had to locate Gym Leader Wulfric. I arrived inside the forest and wandered around there. I walked past the mossy rock in the center of some tall grass, then I captured a wild Jigglypuff and a wild Noctowl in said tall grass.

Kalosian

So long
Did a lot of Wonder Trades today. I had transferred over more than a box of shiny Pokemon from 5th gen that I didn't want to keep and I gave away all of them over Wonder Trade. In return, I did get some interesting things such as some Pokemon with 4 perfect IVs and a few with Hidden Abilities, including one that I didn't already have access to in any way. Also got some Pokemon that were caught or hatched on games with another language, but apart from all of this, the majority of what I got wasn't that interesting. As I am done with this as well, I can move on to the next thing I will do, which will be to breed some more Pokemon for future Battle Maison teams. But before I can start with that, I need to actually plan at least one of the teams. When that is done, the breeding can start.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Why a shiny Regigigas? That was random...

Celebi at least makes sense because Pokémon bank/transporter is supposed to be able to trade Pokémon by manipulating time and space.

True, but game-wise I could use a shiny regigigas more than I could a celebi.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I continued my Triple Battle challenge at the Battle Maison. I defeated a few more trainers and then had to fight the Chatelaine Dana. The battle was much closer than I thought it would be, and there were times where I didn't think I was going to win. I think I won with only two Pokemon remaining. But on the bright side, I received more BP and unlocked Super Battles. I now have all the Super modes unlocked, though I will certainly need to raise some more Pokemon before attempting the Super Triples any time soon.

After that, I trained the Unova starters I transferred over a few days ago at the Battle Chateau. I levelled them up until they were all fully evolved.

Lorde

I continued to walk around the tall grass by the mossy rock that was used to evolve Eevee into Leafeon and I battled against various Pokemon and I also caught an Amoonguss there. I then wandered south a bit to another forest clearing and walked through more tall grass until I eventually found and picked up a Meadow Plate in that clearing and then I backtracked after reaching a dead end. I headed west next and encountered some Twins. I battled and defeated their Slurpuff and Aromatisse with Pyroar and Blastoise, then I battled some more wild Pokemon in the tall grass nearby. I spotted a big tree in another clearing and battled a Poke Fan. I beat her Snubbull and Granbull with Pyroar and saved.

RoboSushi

Just found my 3rd shiny Minccino. I already traded one of them away. And this last one is actually usable. But It would've been cool if it was a different shiny pokemon in the safari, oh well. I might wonder trade my other shiny minccino hopefully make someone happy :D

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
I thought about those others. There's Tropius, too; the flying neck bananna Brontosaurus HM slave (Fly, Strength, Cut, & Rock Smash). The thing is, I took a look at this team and not only does it satisfy an 'ancient pokemon' theme, but is also 'all Rock', which I find adds a bit of an extra challenge. None of my guys had any egg moves or hidden abilities, so it was actually a bit tough when all they really had were the TMs I came across and 'Scratch' for the longest time. I was kind of surprised how nicely Amaura did; Nature Power is really good for it.

I have Pokemon Y, so I had to trade for the Anorith. I don't have access to Cradily, but I wouldn't mind having him in reserve to switch out for.

Yeah, Ramparados and Tyrantrum are both monsters. Archeops is really good, too. I still need a Shieldon and I wanted to avoid Mega Pokemon since they're really over-powered for the main game. If I ever toy around with taking this team online, then I'll probably have a Mega Aerodactyl, but until then, he'll be relegated to the sidelines along with Carracosta and Bastiodon & Cradily (if I get those two).
I received a Wonder Traded Shieldon, and I have a cohort of HA lv 1 Lileep if you want them.

--
My friend kindly received my new team and a bunch of my shiny souvenirs to safe guard as I prepare to restart my game (no Poke bank for me). Until we trade again to clear out the last batch of stragglers, I'm going to WT the rest of my HA Venipede and Lileep.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Out of curiosity, I decided to try and beat X using a team consisting of nothing but ice-type shinies. Currently have a smoochum, swinub, snorunt, and snover in my pokebank boxes, plan to try it out later.

Lorde

After beating the female Poke Fan at Winding Woods, I picked up an Antidote by a tree after activating my Dowsing Machine. Then I left that clearing afterwards and I headed northward towards another part of the woods and I battled a Fairy Tale Girl there. I defeated her Klefki with Pyroar's Flamethrower and her Azumarill with Chesnaught's Seed Bomb, then I moved through more tall grass. I entered another clearing to the east of the aforementioned clearing, but it was a dead end. I backtracked to the place were the mossy rock was and I picked up a Kasib Berry on the ground nearby. After finding a Paralyze Heal in the same clearing, I found and caught a wild Gothorita in the tall grass in the next clearing.

Hazmiter

Most recent thing for me, went out and caught a few pokes in safari, wound up getting my very first critical capture........ Which was a pleasant suprise.
On a side note, working on infecting all my pokemon with pokerus (the ones i use for battles at any rate that require training) because its fun :)

On an annoying note, i still have yet to chase down my zapdos...... Trying to trap him is like trying to catch an octopus in a cage....

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Man it took forever, and I mean forever to evolve my stupid larvesta. I kept thinking to myself that I should of transferred over my volcarona >.> I did finally manage to evolve it. After that I evolved my spheal. I still need to evolve 30 more pokemon but I am getting closer =) I think I've seen 670 ^^