• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
I'm thinking of preparing an 'Exploring' Team containing Pokémon with every in-world useable move in order to explore every corner of the region.
Any good tips of interesting places to explore?

sheld999

been training some of pokemon to lv 80-90 like celebi( kalos born )

just been training in sushi roller, battling with serena and also pokemon league

Zeb

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I prepared to leave Aquacorde Town to deliver the Prof's Letter to my mother, but Shauna stopped me before I could leave to Route 1 since she wanted to battle me. She used her Fennekin against my new Froakie and I defeated the Fennekin with Froakie's Bubble. Shauna healed my Froakie for me afterwards and I backtracked through Route 1. Once I was back in Vaniville Town, I entered my house and gave the Prof's Letter to my mom there. She gave me permission to go on a Pokemon journey and I received the Town Map from her. I headed out and walked through Route 1 again. Once I was back in Aquacorde Town, I wandered around and explored the area and I received a free Potion from a man in town, then I headed north towards Route 2 after all that and I encountered Serena again. I received ten Poke Balls from her after watching her tutorial about how to catch Pokemon and I saved.

Goodraman

Man of 1000 Goomys
Caught, bred, Traded, and Transfered 700 out of 718 pokemon, now looking at the gts for people who will hopefully not ask for event pokemon.

BTW, if any one has event pokemon they would like to trade, I promise to trade back, merely for dex completion you understand

Cool Boy

Be fearless
Omg, I was trying to breed chimchou for competive battles with lure ball and the first egg I hatched was shiny!!
It's got volt absorb and I wasn't even trying to get shiny :eek:

Goodraman

Man of 1000 Goomys
Caught kyurem in a pokeball on black after it wiped out half of my team, and transfered it over along with reshiram, victini, and a second meloetta, filling my pokedex up a little more so i can get the shiny charm

Unredemption

I just got a Japanese Ditto with 31/31/31/31/31/0 IVs from Wonder Trade. Bless the kind soul who did this.

TinyTorchic

Sister of Talonflame
Finally i can have my favourite pokemon on my team!! Typhlosion is amazing, recently traded it over and i caught a shiny Sneasal in someone's friend safari (its pink haha :3 and i nicknamed it florence)

Aetius

In the last 5 days I've done many things.
Firstly I finished breeding all the Pokèmon that I wanted the most.
Secondly I partecipated in the Beta competition with them and when it ended, I had collected a total of 25 victories and 25 losses (which I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing considering that this was my first competition online).
Finally I've hit the battle maison and got a winning streak of 41 battles in the super triples and of 28 in the super double (I've been pretty unlucky in the battles).
As for now, I'm still a the battle maison in order to hoarde a lot of BP and use them to get the items that I need the most. :D

Lorde

After learning how to capture wild Pokemon thanks to Serena’s tutorial and receiving ten Poke Balls from her on Route 2, I walked into the tall grass and encountered some wild Pokemon including a wild Bunnelby and a wild Zigzagoon. I caught one of each and also caught a wild Fletchling to use as my Flying-type. I continued to wander around the tall grass in the area and I encountered more wild Pokemon and leveled up my Pokemon. I then headed back to Aquacorde Town to heal my team and then I went back north to Route 2 and I caught a wild Pidgey and Scatterbug. I ran into a Youngster trainer and I battled and defeated his Zigzagoon with my Froakie. I then saved before entering the Santalune Forest.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
Probably a more depressing post then the rest.
Happily wonder trading then a acquaintance wants to battle, I wipe the floor with them and then we trade. Trade goes fine and they seem pretty nice, they offer an egg (now I don't usually accept but I was in a good mood, so trade) what a fool I was.
I was a 'Bad egg'.
I knew what it was as it DIDN'T HATCH. All my other eggs I had did way before it and that one remained the same. It's date is correct and everything but it just won't hatch. I can't risk it. The person went off despite us friending each other's 3DS friend codes.
I've shoved all my Pokemon in Pokemon bank.
Will soon be deleting my game and re-playing long before I was ready.
I shall NOT be trading the 'bad egg' away as I don't want people to suffer as I do, especially if they don't know what it is and infects a whole box.
NEVER AGAIN AM I TRADING FOR AN EGG! SAME GOES FOR ALL OF YOU! It is dangerous and you could end up like me, unless you know the person very well, DON'T FALL INTO THEIR TRAP!

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Probably a more depressing post then the rest.
Happily wonder trading then a acquaintance wants to battle, I wipe the floor with them and then we trade. Trade goes fine and they seem pretty nice, they offer an egg (now I don't usually accept but I was in a good mood, so trade) what a fool I was.
I was a 'Bad egg'.
I knew what it was as it DIDN'T HATCH. All my other eggs I had did way before it and that one remained the same. It's date is correct and everything but it just won't hatch. I can't risk it. The person went off despite us friending each other's 3DS friend codes.
I've shoved all my Pokemon in Pokemon bank.
Will soon be deleting my game and re-playing long before I was ready.
I shall NOT be trading the 'bad egg' away as I don't want people to suffer as I do, especially if they don't know what it is and infects a whole box.
NEVER AGAIN AM I TRADING FOR AN EGG! SAME GOES FOR ALL OF YOU! It is dangerous and you could end up like me, unless you know the person very well, DON'T FALL INTO THEIR TRAP!

As long as you just release the Bad Egg everything should be fine. To test if a Pokemon is infected you could always go online and try and use Battle Spot. If there is a problem with a Pokemon you are using it won't let you and will say some kind of message.

yestolgia

Well, I've been hunting for a shiny Eevee for two days (with the shiny charm), and all I've found is a shiny Snubbull. I'm going to take a break, organize the Pokemon in my PC, and go on a wonder trading spree. I'll be editing this post if I get anything special or funny~

EDIT: Holy Crud, who trades away a shiny Heatran!? OAO Also, a Chimchar with it's hidden ability. That's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Lorde

I finally entered the Santalune Forest and met Shauna again. She decided to tag along with me while I moved around the forest path. I wandered into some tall grass around the forest and I captured some wild Pokemon including a Pikachu. After battling some more wild Pokemon, I located some items around the forest floor and I met Tierno and Trevor at one point as well. I battled against a Youngster afterwards and then encountered Serena again. I obtained a Poke Ball from her, then I battled against more trainers and beat a Lass's Pikachu with my Bunnelby. I encountered my friends again at the end of the Santalune Forest and we wandered into Route 3 together and I received the Adventure Rules and saved.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
As long as you just release the Bad Egg everything should be fine. To test if a Pokemon is infected you could always go online and try and use Battle Spot. If there is a problem with a Pokemon you are using it won't let you and will say some kind of message.

Hm can't release the egg :/ I've shoved everything into PokeBank and Pokemon Bank is fine with it. I am working out something with another member to try and get rid of the egg. Thanks anyway :D

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Somehow I got ranked within the top 15 U.S. Rotation Battle players with my amazing all-time record of five wins and three losses.

1: Clearly no one else in America plays this (extremely fun and varied) format.

2: That's pretty cool.

Lorde

I wandered around Route 3 after getting the Adventure Rules item and I battled various trainers around there. After beating a few, I stepped into the tall grass to further train my team. I caught a wild Azurill and Bidoof in the tall grass and then I found a Super Potion as I walked a bit further. After beating all the trainers on Route 3, I arrived in Santalune City and visited the Pokemon Center. I met Tierno inside and he explained some of the features to me like the PC and Poke Mart. I healed my Pokemon and bought some Potions and Poke Balls there and then I headed out to explore Santalune City. I entered a house where I traded my Bunnelby for someone's Farfetch'd, then I headed out to explore some more.