• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Once I had solved the crisis at the Kalos Power Plant and Team Flare fled the building, I headed back to the room where all the Power Plant workers were and I obtained a Magnet and the Flame Charge TM there. I left the Kalos Power Plant afterwards and I headed back out to Route 13. I went south towards the entrance to Lumiose City and I picked up a Rare Candy. I finally arrived at Lumiose City's northern area after fixing the electricity issue and things were back to normal in the city. I met Shauna agaiv after arriving in Lumiose City and I had to visit the Prism Tower next. I headed there and I realized that the tower was also the Lumiose City Gym which I would challenge later, but first I wanted to explore the city.

I've been thinking about fashioning myself a mono-Steel team out of my various ex-partymates, but I need a sixth member. I'm considering breaking one of my personal rules and trying to fit in a Legendary, but I'm open to alternative suggestions. Here's what the team consists of so far:

Aegislash
Mega Lucario
Scizor
Ferrothorn
Metagross
Bastiodon/Heatran/Registeel

Last edited:

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Been getting craploads of shiny trades, especially Eevee's, so I WTed a Shiny Eevee. Bet that person in Japan that traded me a Shroomish was happy, lol. Anyway, also got a Shiny 6IV Modest Froslass that night, so that was a good night :3

Aquarelle

Staff member
I got back into playing Y yesterday. I continued breeding for an Axew. In the first batch of eggs I hatched, I got an Axew with perfect IVs in everything except Speed...which was zero. >_> I then hatched more eggs until I hatched an Axew with 31 in Speed and several other important stats. I infected it with the Pokerus and will EV train it later.

After that, I wonder traded away some of my extra Axew. I obtained some Route 2 Pokemon and a German Gyarados.

Lorde

I explored the northern streets of Lumiose City and I rode on a Gogoat shuttle for transportation around the city. I wandered throughout the Northern Boulevard area on the Gogoat shuttle and I passed by some cafes and then I went east and received an Expert Belt inside the Fighting Dojo building. I visited the Pokemon Center afterwards and I healed my Pokemon and purchased some items inside there too. I then went across to the Lumiose Museum after that and wandered around there after paying an entrance fee. I obtained the Dragon Tail TM, then I visited Hotel Richissime and met Mr. Bonding and got another O-Power from him. I went to the 5th floor and got the Echoed Voice TM from a girl, then I saved.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Bji_glNIEAA3b8L.jpg

I finally did it, I finally finished the Battle Maison, and I have a nice bundle of 2,151 BP to spend on stuff, even though I have all the TMs and items already. Maybe I'll buy 10 Ability Capsules, who knows.

The final trophy I needed was the Super Multi Battle line, and shockingly I finished it with the AI team that was based off of me. He had a Landorus and a Milotic, so I used Thundurus-T and (Mega) Scizor to win. This was maybe the 5th or 6th attempt at the streak, and I'm glad it's finally over with. It's incredibly stressful relying on the AI when both your Pokemon are fainted, which happened more than I should have let it. There was one particularly stressful battle which was down to a Chandelure / Tangrowth / Carracosta against Landorus / Milotic. Lando just flat refused to use Earthquake, which at the time would have been a death sentence, as Rock Slide actually got lucky flinches on both, and I'm not sure the battle would've ended the same way. I wonder if the AI also gets the same Hax bonus as the opponent AI does, there were more times that Rock Slide crit one or both of the opponents Pokemon, while Discharge barely paralyzed anyone.

This was my team:

Thundurus-T @ Timid
Volt Absorb @ Leftovers
31/31/30/*/30/31
252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Discharge
- HP [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Scizor @ Adamant
Technician @ Scizorite
31/31/31/*/31/31
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

This was the AI's team:

Landorus @ Adamant
Sand Force @ Smooth Rock
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sandstorm
- Protect

Milotic @ ???
Competitive @ Wacan Berry
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 HP / 252 Sp. Att / 6 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Again the Charletaine was pretty simple, it was Nita / Morgan with Thundurus / Tornadus / Virizion / Latias, and again Scizor swept them with +2 Bullet Punch. The only reason I know what nature Landorus was is because it had the exact same Speed as Thundurus-T, so after a little math, I figured it out.

Did a trade evolution with myself using only one 3DS (but two different carts). The days of needing two DS's to trade are over!

I'm curious as to how that worked, unless you used the GTS for it, as I know Poke Bank doesn't evolve Pokemon (sadly).

I've been thinking about fashioning myself a mono-Steel team out of my various ex-partymates, but I need a sixth member. I'm considering breaking one of my personal rules and trying to fit in a Legendary, but I'm open to alternative suggestions. Here's what the team consists of so far:

Aegislash
Mega Lucario
Scizor
Ferrothorn
Metagross
Bastiodon/Heatran/Registeel

I think you have some border line teammates and that last slot determines your uberness. In this order:

Heatran
Registeel
Bastiodon

So that's up to you. Win or have fun.

Empoleon has some unique upside too. Skarmory and Mawile help the fighting weakness.

Last edited:
I did the Super Training last night with Rayquaza then used all my bags on both my Clamperls. I got 3 pokes trained in speed tho :) I'll prolly work on the attack and special attack side of them tn. I can't decide on a good Rayquaza Moveset tho??

If I can't handle anymore Ev training I'll prolly run them thru the Elite 4 because they learn Shell Smash at lvl 50. Then be ready to evolve and learn Baton Pass.

I'm curious as to how that worked, unless you used the GTS for it, as I know Poke Bank doesn't evolve Pokemon (sadly).

First of all, congrats on getting all the trophies. I've got two so far, but I'm working on the others.

As for how I traded with myself, yeah, I definitely used the GTS, something that I will do again when I'm ready to send my Karrablast over to became an Escavalier. The trick is to offer up something in one game really crappy that you know nobody would want (like a Route 1 rodent) and ask for the required pokemon that you want (like a trade evolution). Then take out the game version you are playing, insert the other version and find that trade on the GTS. Accept, and you are good to go!

How I did it is that in my X game, I went onto the GTS, offered up a Skiddo, and asked for a Pumpkaboo between the levels of 11-20 (my Pumpkaboo was level 16 at the time). After making the trade, I took out X, put in Y, went onto the GTS and accepted the trade that I offered.

The trick is to offer up a crappy pokemon and accept the trade with the "good" pokemon that you want to evolve. That way if your offer is accidently accepted, then you haven't lost a valuable pokemon.

Last edited:

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I started today to train my Swords of Justice members. They all was about level 45, only Keldeo is level 50. Need to train hard to get them around level 100.

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
Damn it's been a while. I've played nearly 4 hours of my Nuzclocke and I haven't even gone near Viola...

Anyway, after receiving Shaman the Fennekin, I battled Shauna and her Chespin. Ember destroyed it, no fears with that battle. Talked to my Mom, did the boring stuff and finally got to Route 2 (I don't understand the Hiker outside the bridge heading to Route 2. He offers nothing of interest, and his advice sucks). Serena taught me how to catch a Pokemon, because after 8 years+ of Pokemon I don't know how to catch a ****ing Pidgey! By the way, Pidgey was not my capture on the route; Fletchling was. Flappy-Bird the Fletchling. Trained my team to level 8, battled the noob with the Zigzagoon, and went into Santalune Forest. There, I caught Butterfly, the Scatterbug. Was hoping for an Elemental Monkey/Pikachu, but Scatterbug is OK. Trained my team to level 10, which meant Butterfly evolved. I cleared the Forest, and headed to Route 3.

My first capture there was a Pikachu, called Voltage (I think, haven't checked). Came with a Light Ball as well! Hope my luck continues. Team was trained to Level 12, so Spewpa evolved into a (Garden patterned) Vivillon! I reached Santalune City, battled the Skater, and caught Bugs-Bunny the Bunnelby on Route 4. What a waste. I could've caught a Dunsparce or a Lileo or even a Psyduck. WTF. Meh, I have begun training him. He's currently Level 8. He'll hit level 12 before I even challenge Viola (I have slight OCD on this).

My current team:
653.png
Shaman the Fennekin, Level 12
661.png
Flappy-Bird the Fletchling, Level 12
666.png
Butterfly the Vivillon, Level 12
025.png
Voltage the Pikachu, Level 12
659.png
Bugs-Bunny the Bunnelby, Level 8

Deaths:
None, hoping it stays that way.

islegend9

Beginning to grow frustrated with my Froakie MM. I've hatched just shy of 550 eggs, and have not yet found a Shiny - and that's with the Shiny Charm! But alas, I'm fighting on.

Lorde

After receiving an O-Power at Hotel Richissime in Lumiose City, I went to the lobby and I spoke to a woman. I was allowed to help out and I did some room service and stuff like that. After helping out there and being rewarded, I headed out of the hotel and I visited some more buildings and locations of interest around North Boulevard and got a Prism Scale from a little girl. I walked by the Battle Institute and also the Lumiose Station as I wandered toward the Route 16 gatehouse, but I didn't go through there yet. I finished exploring part of North Boulevard and I headed over to Rouge Plaza next, then to Autumnal Avenue where I found a restaurant where I could participate in some battles and I saved the game there.

I think you have some border line teammates and that last slot determines your uberness. In this order:

Heatran
Registeel
Bastiodon

So that's up to you. Win or have fun.

Empoleon has some unique upside too. Skarmory and Mawile help the fighting weakness.

My Empoleon and Skarmory are stuck on my Y version, but Mawile could work. As far as my uberness is concerned, this isn't going to be competition-ready, or even wifi-ready. It's just something fun for in-game to do on the side. Weaknesses aren't that great a concern, anyway, so I think I'll stick with Heatran. I don't usually use legendaries, but I think I want to this time, just for kicks.

^^^

My steel team is

Scizor , Empoleon , Aggron , Mawile , Heatran and Metagross.

I had to use Heatran. He should be a staple on every steel team IMO lol

Lorde

After I participated in some Triple Battles at a restaurant at Autumnal Avenue, I received 20 Big Mushrooms as a reward for beating the trainers there. I visited a store afterwards and obtained a Luxury Ball from a girl there and I headed out again to visit more places of interest around Lumiose City. I arrived at Estival Avenue next and entered a building where my Pokemon's ID numbers were checked, but I didn't win a prize since none of them matched. I met Alexa again at the Lumiose Press place near the lottery building and I spoke to her. I then headed out to Bleu Plaza and I battled a Chef there and afterwards I wandered towards Prism Tower and battled another trainer, then another near an alleyway and saved.

After around 800 eggs, I finally hatched my shiny Vulpix during my lunch break at work. This is the third Masuda shiny I've hatched during that break...interesting. During my last break, I decided I would start EV horde training and when an undesirable group of Klefki showed up, one was shiny. I let the Vulpix faint so that it wouldn't gain the EVs and then eliminated the others and caught it.

I had checked the IVs of the Vulpix shortly after hatching, but neglected until now to look at the ability. Flash Fire. I guess it's a good thing I didn't check until now or else I would not have stumbled upon the shiny Klefki, but it's still disappointing. I'll probably keep it, but I'll be training up one to the other Drought's as well.

Last edited:

Lorde

After arriving at Vert Plaza, I battled a Punk Girl and defeated her Krokorok with Venusaur. Since I had finished all the little tasks around Lumiose City, I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center next and I decided to return to Route 13 to the north in order to do some more training to level up my team. After walking around the sand and battling various wild Pokemon for about 25 minutes, I returned to Lumiose City and I headed over to the Prism Tower. I arrived at the Lumiose City Gym and I took the elevator up which led into the Gym itself. I met Clemont's little sister Bonnie there and I had to answer her quiz questions. I wanted to battle all the trainers though so I got several of them wrong on purpose.

Obatained a korean scatterbug via GTS, so now I will have that pokemon family entries in all languages available!