• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Mye

Someone has to win..
I've been trying to hatch a competitive protean froakie and, well, ugh. I spent 2 hours hatching eggs, best one I acquired was a timid one with HP fire and a 0 sp.attack IV.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
So I decided that I wanted to try playing a pokemon game with a challenge thrown onto it. I've never done this before even though i've always wanted but I just haven't been able to find a pokemon game that keeps me held enough to complete it all the way. That is until I got my copy of Y a few day's ago to go with the copy of X I got at launch. I decided i'm going to do a wonderlocke and keep track of my game through the process.

- All pokemon that are given to you [Example: starter, Sycamore's starter, Lapras, Lucario, ect] are all Pokemon that are "soul bound" and can't be traded. They must also be nicknamed if you can.
- Like a nuzelocke you must catch the first pokemon on a route that you run into. You can't catch any other pokemon on that route after that.
- You must then hop onto wonder trade immediately after catching said pokemon and wonder trade it off.
- If the pokemon you have received through the trade is that of a species you have already already have then trade again [so you won't be having any of the same species of pokemon].
- If any pokemon faints in battle it is considered dead and must be either released or placed in a box or released. [i'll be keeping mine in a "death box".]

So I started up my file, picked the female and I picked Fennekin as my starter. It was a male so I named him the generic Blaze, also had a naive nature. I did the whole catching tutorial and caught a scatterbug to make my first wonder trade.
scatterbug.gif
>Scatterbug was traded for Skidoo<
skiddo.gif

The Skiddo was level 11 and a female caught in a quick ball. Tackle/Growth/Vine whip/Tail whip, Sap sipper ability and Serious nature. Not bad for a first pokemon!So I made it into the Santalune Forrest and started on my way, catching my second pokemon to trade off. I ended up catching a weedle.
weedle.gif
>Weedle was traded for Geodude<
geodude.gif

Level 16 male with Rock Head and a bashful nature. Mud Sport/Rock Polish/Rock Throw/Magnitude. What an interesting 3rd pokemon. In the way through the forrest I trained Fennekin up nice and strong to level ten and finally made it out of the woods and onto route 3. Time for the next pokemon! It was a bunnelby.
bunnelby.gif
>Bunnelby was traded for Litwick<
litwick.gif

Well this is the first example of a pokemon i'm not going to be able to use right away. It's actually Japanese, female, level 34, Flash Fire and Timid nature. Flame Burst/Impresion/Hex/Memento. Either way we continue down route three, continuing to train Fennekin and the rest of my team. After stopping through Santalune city I heal up, go around and talk to people, stop by the trainer school and head out to route 22 where I catch another pokemon to wondertrade off. This time I caught a Farfetch'd [I had to use the great ball I just got in town to.] Time to trade this puppy off.
farfetchd.gif
>Farfetch'd was traded for Roserade<
roserade.gif

Well this is kinda interesting. It's a male and he's got his japanese name. Modest nature, poison point for the ability. Growth/Poison Sting/Stun Spore/Mega Drain and level 14. I might use it is I stop using Skidoo. I'm going to have to give it TM's though if I want it to learn anything better which kinda sucks cause his moves are kinda...meh. Either way I battle the last few trainers I can reach on route 22 and speed off to the gym.

I got the roller skates and ran through the gym trainers, making it to Viola. I decided to lead off with Skidoo and lead off the battle with her Surskit with a leach seed.Honestly I wouldn't have needed the leach seed I set up a growth and finished it off with a razor main player to come out. I set up this battle with another leech seed and as she quick attacks, taking the time to growth once more as Vivillon hardens. Now back to full with the leech seed I decide to go for one more 2 growths before making my attack. Unfortunately she does go for the infestation but the leech seed is canceling that out. I end up hitting a tackle and living the next ininfestation and decide to stall out the rest of the battle with a potion for the win. Even with being weak to it Skidoo put in work!

I picked up the exp share from Alexa and started off onto route 4, catching a flabebe to wonder trade off.
flabebe-yellow.gif
>Flabebe was traded for <
machop.gif

Ironically this one took a while, I ended up first getting another skidoo and having to trade that as it was a species I already had, then I got a fennekin and having to re-trade that to. I finally got a machop, male, level 17, timid nature which is kinda bad but eh. Ability of no guard with leer/focus energy/karate chop/low sweep. Now I officially have 6 pokemon. Now with that taken care of I begin to train my team up some more along the route. While training Fennekin happened to evolve! Upon making it to Lumiose I picked Squirtle from Sycamore and replaced Litwick with him seeing as how I won't be able to use my little candle any time soon. I named him Shell shock [I couldn't fit the er at the end]. We went and got my hair cut, battled at restruant le nah and talked around town trying to get my style points up. We wnd up soon traveling to route 5 and I got my next pokemon to wonder trade out, Doduo!
doduo.gif
>Doduo was traded for Pidgey<
pidgey.gif

It's japanese level 3 and a female with Keen eye and a brave nature. Only knows tackle. I switch Roserade out for her and start tracking through route 5. Eentually we make it to Camphier Town, rest up and get set up to where we have to take to the paraforme palace. On route 6 I catch another lucky pokemon to be wonder traded off and that someting is an Espurr.
espurr.gif
>Espurr was traded for Pikachu<
pikachu.gif

I was honestly was wondering when I would get one of these. He's level 4, static, quiet nature. Tail whip and thunder Shock for the moves. I traded out Geodude for him concidering Geodude is growing level's fast and is much further ahead than anything else at this point. And were going to save our game and end here for the night.

Party
braixen.gif

Level: 22 | Naive | Blaze
Psybeam/Fire Spin/Flame Charge/Howl
skiddo.gif

Level: 23 | Serious | Sap Sipper
Take Down/Synthesis/Razor Leaf/Leech Seed
wartortle.gif

Level: 21 | Jolly | Torrent
Bite/Water Gun/Tail Whip/Bubble
pidgeotto.gif

Level: 20 | Brave | Keen Eye
Tackle/Sand Attack/Gust/Quick Attack
machop.gif

Level: 24 | Timid | No Guard
Leer/Focus Energy/Karate Chop/Low Sweep
pikachu.gif

Level: 13 | Quiet | Static
Quick Attack/Thunder Shock/Growl/Thunder Wave

Box
geodude.gif

roserade.gif

litwick.gif

Dead
None yet!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After answering Bonnie's quiz questions and beating the Gym trainers within the Lumiose City Gym, I arrived at Gym Leader Clemont's spot. I used my Raichu against his Emolga first, but Emolga used Volt Switch before I could attack and Clemont switched to Magneton. I switched out to Talonflame and I defeated Clemont's Magneton with Flame Charge. Once Magneton was beaten, Clemont sent out his Emolga again and I used Pyroar against it and I defeated it with Fire Fang. All that remained afterwards was Clemont's Heliolisk and I sent out my Pangoro against it. Pangoro attacked with Payback and Circle Throw and Heliolisk used multiple Thunderbolt attacks, but Pangoro eventually defeated it and I won the match.

PkmnTrainerJ

I was breeding some Mudkip with a Japanese Mudkip I got from Wonder Trade. Checked IVs of a few Pokémon and they had 2 or 3 perfect IVs, so checked the Mudkip and it has 4 perfect IVs. I'm only breeding for a shiny, not fussed on IVs.

Also getting some Maranga Berries sorted. Just need Lansat & Starf and then I may try to see if there are any other undiscovered mutations.

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
Beginning to grow frustrated with my Froakie MM. I've hatched just shy of 550 eggs, and have not yet found a Shiny - and that's with the Shiny Charm! But alas, I'm fighting on.

I know how you feel, my current Zorua MM has reached nearly 1500 eggs (maybe even surpassed it, I haven't been keeping count) and still no luck

Continued Ev training last night. I did some wonder trading , received a modest rattled Whismur on the last trade. Made me so happy. Also received a Mew and Darkrai from a friend. Never had access to them. I can't wait to use them.

Did 3 online random matchups last night. I went 2-1 with a 3-0 sweep , I got 3-0 sweeped by a Giratina , and a hard fought battle with a Ninetales that I eventually ousted and Venoshocked the rest of the way since spikes were down. Thought for sure I was dead to rights in that last one and Gengar pulled it out again :) My 3-0 sweep was my first online battled with Groudon and he kicked they *****. On my loss I thought that would be the one to win because it was just stacked legendaries. I mean stacked. So usually less logic but I played terrible and they played perfect.

I acquired Mankey for my monkey team. Still gotta breed it up big time. Anyone know a good Primeape Moveset ?

Idk if I wanna trade my Mew or build something with it. You can pretty much trade it for anything so a Drizzle Shiny Politoed sounds cool lol

I'm going to continue to Ev train on Y but with the rise in interest of Appricorn balls I'm going to catch some females in those appricorn balls and trade them with a few people here on Serebii. My cousin is playing thru HG so I'm getting on my Soul Silver and we both gonna tackle a list.

Lorde

I received the Voltage Badge and the Thunderbolt TM from Gym Leader Clemont after beating him inside the Lumiose City Gym, then I headed out of the Prism Tower and I got a Holo Caster message from Professor Sycamore. I was supposed to head over to the Lysandre Cafe so I quickly wandered over there. Once there I obtained the King's Rock item from Lysandre and afterwards, I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I prepared to head out to Route 14. As I prepared to pass through the gate I encountered Serena again and we battled once more. I used my Pangoro's Payback against her Meowstic, then Power-Up Punch against Absol. Then finally I beat her Chesnaught with Pyroar's Fire Fang attack.

Psychic

Really and truly
I have finally completed the National Dex! Now that I have my Shiny Charm, I'll try to complete my Living Dex - only about 40 'mons to go!

Dragoniss

I began playing again today through school and made it a bit further. Sadly I couldn't connect to their wifi so I had to make the trades once I got home but none the less it's been done and i'll write it as if I did it in that order.

So after catching the Furfrou at the palace and watching the fireworkd [at night as well, I was lucky]. I tracked back to route seven where we awakened the sleepy Snorlax, battling and catching it. As this counted for my route 7 pokemon I traded it off.
snorlax.gif
>Snorlax was traded for Dusclops<
dusclops.gif

The Dusclops is male, caught in a timer ball actually, lonely nature, pressure for the ability and level 30, just above the mark where I can use it freely. Once I get the next badge i'll be able to use him. His moves are Confure Ray/Shadow Sneak/Pursuit/Curse. After that trade is taken care of we treck down route seven, battling and growing along the way. I decide to skip the battle chateau for now, I don't really have much interest in it and Calem and I have our battle against Trevor and Terino. Of course we win and I head off for the Connecting Cave where I catch a Meditite.
meditite.gif
Medatite was traded for Rotom<
rotom.gif

It' obviously someone's breeding reject [the first time this has happened so far] but it's still a good pokemon none the less. Level 1, hasty nature levitate, Astonish/Thunder Wave/Thunder Shock/Confuse Ray. I'm probably going to put him in Pikachu's place. We make it through the cave and onto route 8 pretty quick, upgrading the pokedex and catching another pokemon, Driftloon.
drifloon.gif
>Driftloon was traded for Scatterbug<
scatterbug.gif

This is another one I actually had to trade twice. I got another Skidoo the first trade but ended up with a Scatterbug. Nothing really to special about it. I'm probably not going ot use it at this point so I won't really say much. I soon arrive in Amberette town and heal up before Calem and I make haste to the pokemon fossil lab to ask about mega evolution. We get told to go down to glittering cave and talk to one of the men there so I hop into route 9 and catch a Helioptile.
helioptile.gif
>Helioptile was traded for Mienfoo<
mienfoo.gif

Cool pokemon to get, I might use him if I end up loosing Machop. It's a quiet nature, inner focus, level 13. Pound/Meditate/Detect/Fake Out. I continue on my merry way through route nine on a horribly controlled Rhydon until I finally make it to glittering cave. I make it almost through the whole first section before hitting a Cubone for trade.
cubone.gif
>Cubone was traded for Pansear<
pansear.gif

Sadly this is another pokemon i'll probably not use much of, I already have 2 good fire types that are of a high level. So into the box he goes. Calem and I take care of team flare in glittering cave and get the professor back to the lab, not having learned a thing about mega evolution, but when wre allowed to pick a fossil pokemon. I chose the jaw fossil and resurrected it in town. Now it's onto the second gym.

Party
braixen.gif

Level: 24 | Naive | Blaze
skiddo.gif

Level: 26 | Serious | Sap Sipper
Bulldoze/Synthesis/Razor Leaf/Leech Seed
wartortle.gif

Level: 24 | Jolly | Torrent
Bite/Water Gun/Protect/Bubble
pidgeotto.gif

Level: 25 | Brave | Keen Eye
Twister/Sand Attack/Gust/Quick Attack
machop.gif

Level: 27 | Timid | No Guard
Leer/Focus Energy/Karate Chop/Low Sweep
rotom.gif

Level: 1 | Hasty | Levitate
Astonish/Thunder Shock/Confuse Ray/Thunder Wave

Box
geodude.gif
roserade.gif
litwick.gif
dusclops.gif
scatterbug.gif
mienfoo.gif
pansear.gif
pikachu.gif

Dead
None yet!

Lorde

After beating Serena at Route 14/Laverre Nature Trail, I continued to wandered around the area and I located a Rare Candy near a swing set by the playground and I continued moving around. I arrived at a marshy area and I battled against a Pokemon Ranger. After beating them, I pcked up a Tiny Mushroom near a log, then I found a Big Mushroom and a Cleanse Tag as I headed deeper into the swamp. I battled another Pokemon Ranger and their Goomy, then a Hex Maniac and her Litwick and Haunter which Pangoro beat with Payback. I battled another Pokemon Ranger and a Fairy Tale Girl who used Floette and Slurpuff, then I cut down a tree and reached the Will-O-Wisp TM. I then picked up a Roseli Berry.

Dragoniss

Starting back up from when I left for supper were going through the g. I did some clothes shopping and got a rad new green bike. I know this battle is going to be hard and i'm somewhat praying that I don't loose anyone right now. I lead ff with my newly evolved Machoke as he leads with Amaura. I get hit with a pretty hard take down but am able to knock the ice/rock type out in one hit. I then switch to Skidoo just to set up a leech seed and see how I fare. Skidoo took a critical hit rock tomb and it really hurt, knocking me down to yellow. I have to get out of there and back to machoke now, at least I was able to get the seeds up. Machoke easily lives the next stomp and I head with a super potion. I'm now in a good position where I can start attacking once again. Thankfully Machoke takes him out in a single chop, I probably didn't even need the seeds and I claim a fictory with no casualties.

I claim the Cliff Badge and TM 39 Rock Tomb. So now pokemon up to level 40 will obey me. I have to make sure I don't hit over level 40. Both Skidoo and Machoke already hit level 30 So I might switch them out for a few pokemon. I climb back out of the gym and to the pokemon center to heal and rearange my team.

Geodude was taken out for Machoke
Skidoo was taken out for Roserade

I think that looks about right. For now it's onto route 10I ended up just throwing a ball first turn at an Emolga and got a critical capture! Time to trade this flying squirrel off.
emolga.gif
>Emogla was traded for Carbink<
carbink.gif

Another breeding reject, Thought I probably won't use it. I don't really like Carbink much and I don't really think i'd suit my team well, plus it's level one I just don't feel it's worth the time it'll take to train up. Either way I blaze through route ten, leveling up my team. Along the way Geodude evolved and we make it to Gnosage town. I chase around a team Flare grunt for a bit then get into a battle with Korrina. Braxien and I take care of her Lucario's no problem and we continue pushing onward to route 11. Once there I catch a pokemon to trade off. We come across a Throh and the worst thing happened. Blaze was KOed by a critical hit revenge. This marks the first death of the series [also my first death ever cause i've never done a nuzelock esque adventure] and it had to be my starter...i'm sad now. I trade off the Throh because good riddance you crap.
throh.gif
>Throh was traded for Froakie<
froakie.gif

Well, I got another new starter. It's at level one, sadly no protean but it'll do for in game. I'm going to train it up and stop updating for tonight. Mourning the loss of my starter. Blaze was a good reliable fire type, he was level 29 when he fainted. I've rearranged the team to accommodate new members. I'll probably train a bit tonight.

Party
skiddo.gif

Level: 30 | Serious | Sap Sipper
Bulldoze/Synthesis/Seed Bomb/Leech Seed
wartortle.gif

Level: 28 | Jolly | Torrent
Bite/Water Pulse/Protect/Bubble
pidgeotto.gif

Level: 32 | Brave | Keen Eye
Twister/Sand Attack/Gust/Quick Attack
litwick.gif

Level: 34 | Timid | Flash Fire
Flame Burst/Imprison/Hex/Memento
rotom.gif

Level: 23 | Hasty | Levitate
Uproar/Shock Wave/Confuse Ray/Thunder Wave
froakie.gif

Level: 1 | Timid | Torrent
Growl/Pound

Box
graveler.gif
roserade.gif
dusclops.gif
scatterbug.gif
mienfoo.gif
pansear.gif
pikachu.gif
tyrunt.gif
machoke.gif
carbink.gif

Dead
braixen.gif

Level: 29 | Naive | Blaze | Killed by Throh; Revenge, Critical hit | Route 10

I didn't get to Ev train for very long and I had a PM on here that my trade partner was ready. I traded a 6 iv Sableye for a 5 iv Flawlees Chimchar Iron fist with Thunderpunch , fire punch and fakeout and Tyrunt 5ivs Flawless Adamant strong jaw Thunderfang Ice fang Fire fang dragon dance. From mokkishs trade shop here on Serebii. I am very pleased.

Then went to catching Female pokemon in Appricorn balls on Soul Silver.

Battled a friend when he came by after work. Triple battle. My Dark team of Darkrai , Yvetal , Mega Houndoom , Pangoro , Greninja , and ??? He has a bunch of legendaries, pretty even battle but I won. He's getting better. He doesn't use the net and is more of a collector of pokemon but I'm bringing him around to at least putting together a nature , Evs , and a Moveset.

I then updated all of my current trades and how they were progressing. Organized my boxes some.

So I took the time to catch and breed a Mawile for my mono-Steel team, and I lucked out with the nature. My first egg after breeding a Careful Hyper Cutter male I caught in Glittering Cave with my Ditto, was an Adamant Hyper Cutter male with a "proud of its power" characteristic. The next four eggs were rejects, so I made the Adamant one the litter's new sire. It then took 15+ more eggs (I have no idea exactly how many) to get an Adamant Intimidate female with a "fantastic" Attack IV. I thought I needed a female because Mawile learned Sucker Punch thru breeding, but she gets it at Lv.46, so all those extra eggs weren't necessary. I didn't mind, tho, as it was a labor of love. I never realized how cute Mawile is, it made breeding them in such large quantities an endearingly pleasant experience.

After doing that, I boxed her and decided to give Heatran a test run thru the E4. He fared... worse than expected. Don't get me wrong, he did well enough! He just... he didn't have the immense power I was expecting. I guess I was expecting too much. I'm seriously reconsidering adding him to the team. If I do end up deciding to add him, however, Ferrothorn will be the one he edges out for the slot.

Later on, I gave my newly-bred Mawile a Lucky Egg and took her to Le Wow to grind. My Lucario spread PokéRus to her as she zapped straight thru to Lv.40 in five battles. After that, my levelling pace slowed to a crawl; it took 2-3 more restaurant runs to get her to Lv.60 and complete her moveset. Once she was Lv.64, I put her into the third active slot so she'd gain full exp from the battles. She shot to Lv.87 soon after, but not before I gave her mega form an early test drive. It definitely gives her a significant power increase that she can't replicate in her normal state, however, removing the Lucky Egg is extremely detrimental to her levelling speed, so she will have to refrain from going mega until she's Lv.100. Even with almost-optimal IVs and unknown EVs, Mega Mawile's quite the little murderer.

^^^

That intimidate takes some time to get. Been there done that. And yes it takes a while to put that Moveset together. I mainly sit behind a swords danced sucker punch.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
New to posting in this thread~

Breeding:
Been trying to Breed a HA Female Eevee with IV spread 31/xx/31/31/31/31... (With the egg moves Wish, Yawn, Curse) and freaking A is it turning out to be a pain... I got one already but it came out male~ since Eevee's have such a low female %... Male Sylveon is just... unnatural.

Also been trying to MM a shiny froakie, (Timid/Protean) with 5-6IVs 31/xx/31/31/31/31... no luck either after countless eggs.

Trading:
Recently I did a trade and gave a few IV breed pokemon to someone in exchange for all the Y exclusive Mega Stones, glad to be done with that at the very least.

Battles:
Got to 60 wins in Super Singles at battle maison, taking a break so that I could try breeding a few pokemon (Ones mentioned above)

Achievements:
Working on my medals in the GS: Up to 128 now, trying to get Trick Master and 50 Hall of Fame wins next~
Finally got Grand Duke at Battle Chateau as well, that took a while...

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've been playing the Battle Maison on and off again, but since I've gotten all the trophies and have roughly 2,500BP to spend, I've lost interest a bit. I've been breeding a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Togepi with Nasty Plot today, the mother is a Flawless Ditto and the father is a 3IV Togetic. Damn eggs keep inheriting the Attack IV from the mother. When this Togekiss is done, it'll be my #30 EV trained and IV bred Pokemon of the new generation, so I'll probably take a break from that too, maybe get into competitive battling more than I have in the past. I'm just waiting for them to sort out the lower tiers, I got really good in UU when BW2 came out.

Decided to IV breed Nincada today. I've been thinking about having a Baton Pass Ninjask for a while and finally decided to just get it done. With the help of my IV bred Heracross, I hatched 2 5IV Nincadas within 20 eggs. I didn't expect it to go this fast, but glad to move on to EV training. I also have two bowes of Vulpix from the last breeding project that i'll be wonder trading later. I'll update if anything nice comes through.

Lorde

I wandered around the marshland of the Laverre Nature Trail some more and I waded across some water too. I wandered back to some tall grass after beating more trainers along Route 14 and I caught a wild Carnivine. I also walked around the water puddles and caught a wild Stunfisk and a Quagsire. I eventually encountered Shauna, Trevor and Tierno again and we went into a spooky shack. After speaking with the man inside, we went out and Tierno and Trevor left to Laverre City. I left the area as well and picked up a Spell Tag and the Toxic TM as I moved around the marsh some more. I battled a few more wild Pokemon in the swamp and then I headed out to Laverre City. I got the Torment TM from a boy there.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A couple of days ago, I EV trained the Axew I had bred earlier. Once it was fully EV trained, I began to work on levelling it up by training at the Battle Chateau. I managed to get some levels on it, though not enough for it to evolve yet. During my time at the Chateau, I also trained my Aegislash some more and got it to grow several levels. I will continue training soon.
Additionally, I Wonder Traded some more of my extra Axew. The Pokemon I received in exchange for my Axew for one of my trades was...another Axew. :p