• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I battled against the Zygarde inside of Terminus Cave and I used my Malamar against it first in order to slowly bring its HP down. It took a while for that to happen and I actually messed up the first two times that I tried and Zygarde fainted, but I had saved beforehand so I kept attempting to weaken the Zygarde until its HP was at the red zone and then I started tossing Dusk Balls at it. I switched to Ultra Balls once my stock of Dusk Balls started running out and I caught Zygarde after 10 minutes of trying. After catching Zygarde, I used an Escape Rope and I returned to Route 18. I went back to Couriway Town next and I healed my team at the local Pokemon Center. I then swapped my team on the PC and saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Earlier, I spent some more time on my Super Rotation streak at the Battle Maison. I continued to have an easy time defeating my opponents and haven't had a terribly difficult battle yet. After 30 straight wins, I decided to take a break. I had over 500 BP saved up, so I spent more than half of it on some items I wanted and didn't have yet. Then, I went to the Kiloude Pokemon Center and changed my clothes. I then talked to the artist in the northern part of the city and obtained the Bamboo Sprig Hat. Once that was done, I changed back into my normal clothes and will be going back to the Battle Maison next.

Lorde

After swapping some Pokemon, I flew to Lumiose City and I wandered around the streets a bit and soon I went over to Rouge Plaza since I wanted to look for Looker. I found him inside a building and I spoke to him. I agreed to help him with his cases since I had little else to do given the tiresome, boring post-game. I was given a mission of finding Looker Tickets around Lumiose City. I headed out after getting some hints about their locations and I spoke to Looker upon finishing that. I was given another task and I had to explore some alleyways. I went to South Boulevard and battled against four trainers, two of which were Preschoolers while the other two where a Schoolboy and a Schoolgirl. I saved after that.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat the trainers on route 4 and caught a litleo, far'fetched, psyduck, and dunsparce. I found a riolu but Sunshine killed it >.<

Lorde

I defeated several trainers in the alleyway at Lumiose City for Looker's mission and I went back to North Boulevard and then I returned to where Looker was to receive another mission. I headed out with Looker to Lumiose Station and I battled against three Lumiose Gang Members inside there. I defeated one who used Mandibuzz with my Greninja, then I beat the one with Pangoro and Bouffalant with my Malamar and my Pangoro. I defeated the last Lumiose Gang Member's Druddigon with Greninja's Ice Beam attack and their Krookodile with Venusaur's Petal Blizzard. After doing that, I went outside and I got my fourth assignment from Looker and I went to the Lumiose Museum and I went to the top floor.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went back to my Super Rotation streak and continued to have an easy time winning my battles. There wasn't a single time where I was seriously worried that I might lose. I eventually made it to battle 50 against Morgan. My Scizor was able to take out her Terrakion and Virizion using Bullet Punch. Gengar got rid of Cobalion for me thanks to Destiny Bond. Latias was a little annoying to take out thanks to its Lax Incense hold item. Fortunately, my Kangaskhan was able to hit with Crunch a couple times to take it out. So happy to have my third trophy! :)

Lorde

After entering the Lumiose Museum and agreeing to help Looker with another cas, I went to the alleyway near Galette Stand. I battled against a Suspicious Woman and her Jellicent and Volcarona, both of which I defeated with Raichu and Talonflame. After beating her, I headed over to Cafe Triste and I found another alleyway and I battled against a Suspicious Child there. I beat her Whimsicott with Pyroar's Flamethrower, then her Mawile with Talonflame's Flame Charge and her Granbull with Pangoro's Hammer Arm. I wandered over to the Lumiose Station afterwards, then I wandered to South Boulevard and found a Suspicious Lady at another alleyway and I used Pangoro to defeat her Persian and I cleared the case.

Today, after hatching ~90 eggs and stopping the shiny hunt for froakie, i decided to partake in my first title defense as Champion of Kalos. Having captured every single pokemon and attaining the title of Pokemon Master i decided to make the title defense interesting. Armed with nothing but a level 100 bidoof, i slowly decimated the Elite Four and pretender "Champion" Diantha. My bidoof mocks them with his buck teeth of doom.... Theatrics aside, i did find a shiny crawdaunt in the friend safari today. Pretty hilarious considering i had crawfish for dinner :p

Lorde

I walked through North Boulevard and then I returned to the Looker Bureau in order to complete the next mission for Looker. I battled against a Butler class trainer and his Braviary there and I defeated it with Raichu's Thunderbolt. I headed back outside after that battle and I made my way to Hotel Richissime. I climbed to the top floor and met Malva of the Elite Four there and we battled. I defeated her Pyroar with Greninja's Waterfall, then I headed for Cafe Lysandre and I entered Lysandre Labs again. I used the elevator and I arrived at a hidden floor within the lab. I battled against a Scientist upon arrival and I beat her Elgyem with Pangoro's Crunch and Klinklang with Hammer Arm. I then saved before continuing.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Just love that awesome gaming "luck"
You paralyze them... they attack 100 times out of 100.
They paralyze you, you spend every round paralyzed.
You sleep them... they wake up round one.
They sleep you, you stay full 3 turns sleeping.
Will-O-Wisp them, miss.
Will-O-Wisp on you, 100% accuracy.

Dem randomness doesn't seem so very random to me sometimes -.-'

Aquarelle

Staff member
I traded away some of my extra Pokemon on Wonder Trade. When I was done with that, I went to Lumiose City and spent some of my PokeMiles since I had never bought anything with them before. I also stopped by the lottery place, where I won another PP Up.

After that, I went to the Sea Spirit's Den in order to catch Zapdos. I did not catch it earlier because I just transferred over a complete set of legendary birds back when I was working on the Pokedex. Anyway, I weakened it and put it to sleep using my Parasect. I then captured it easily on my second Dusk Ball.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
wandering through reflection cave I was ambushed by a horde of Mime Jr. and one of them was shiny! my Barbaracle quickly disposed of the normal ones that where protecting the other! I threw my repeat ball and added a new friend to my ranks and another shiny pokemon to my collection :)

Wow Lorde! You've been resetting playthroughs very quickly! You must know Kalos inside out now!

Today I've been breeding low tier pokes to fill the gaps in my "living Pokedex" on Pokemon Bank.
Pokedex: 718
Living Pokedex: 679

Thinking about restarting X to do a Wonderlocke :/

x-sayrie-x

Recently I've been alternating between practicing my chaining with the PokeRadar (which, for the record, I'm still terrible at) and breeding/leveling up for the Pokedex. I've already organized the first 23 boxes so that the Pokemon are arranged in numerical order, but there are some enormous empty spaces in some of them that need to be filled. At least I'm about halfway there, if not more.

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
Wow it's been a while, but I've done quite a bit of progress in X.

I trained Bugs Bunny (Bunnelby) to level 2 via the trainers on Route 22. With my entire team hitting Level 12, I took on the gym, where Flappy Bird (Fletchling) pretty much cleared. Viola was destroyed by Voltage (Pikachu) and so my first badge was won with 0 casualties. I obtained the Exp. Share from Alexa, and went to Route 4. My first capture was a Flabebe, who I called Flower-Power. I trained her to Level 10 before clearing Route 5, where I nearly lost Fletchling to a Corphish. I met the Aides or whatever they are, and I went to see Professor Sycamore.

Sycamore wanted a battle, which I accepted. I nearly lost Flabebe to Charmander, but I ended up switching to Fennekin to avoid losing her. At the end he let me choose a Kanto starter, and I went with Squirtle, because I already had the possibility of 2 Fire types (so no Charizard) and I've used Venusaur in Y. I trained my team a bit on Route 5 after hearing from Serena & Lysandre/Diantha. My capture was a Pancham who I named Pandora. Shaman (Fennekin) evolved, and soon after Shell-Cannon (Squirtle, although I'm not sure on what I called him) did too. I swapped out Butterfly (Vivillon) & Flappy Bird (Fletchling) figuring that they wouldn't do so well with my team. I arrived at Camphrier Town, and saw the Snorlax. I then headed to Route 6, counting both the grassy route and the bush route as 2 separate locations. I caught an Oddish and a Venipede, who are staying in the box. I trained my team some more, and Flower-Power (Flabebe) soon evolved into Floette! I saved after a few battles.

654.png
Shaman the Braixen, Level 20
659.png
Bugs-Bunny the Bunnelby, Level 19
025.png
Voltage the Pikachu, Level 19
670-y.png
Flower-Power the Floette, Level 19
008.png
Shell-Cannon (?) the Wartortle, Level 19
674.png
Pandora the Pancham, Level 19

661.png
Flappy Bird the Fletchling, Level 15
666.png
Butterfly the Vivillon (Garden Pattern), Level 15

None! Hoping to keep it that way.

Wilkimania

Recently got a new 3DS after my old one died and got X with it so decided to start a new file after getting bored with Y. So far only got one badge and haven't really started making a proper team for this game but kind of got addicted to the Wonder Trade. Of course in order to do that I've had to catch some pokemon to trade away and the XP from that has seen my Espurr evolve and also I've gained a few new allies that will probably end up in my team e.g. Duskull and Axew. Think I'll spend another couple of hours catching and trading and then push on towards my 2nd badge with a whole new look team.

Lorde

After I defeated a Scientist near the elevator at the hidden floor at Lysandre Labs, I warped and battled against another Scientist trainer. I beat his Weezing with Malamar's Psycho Cut and I switched to Venusaur to defeat his Heliolisk with Petal Dance. I warped again afterwards and ran into a Lumiose Gang Member and I battled her as well. After beating her Mandibuzz, I encountered yet another Lumiose Gang Member and I beat her Pangoro and Bouffalant with Talonflame's Aerial Ace. I teleported again and beat a Scientist with a Muk and then another Gang Member's Druddigon and Krookodile with Greninja's Ice Beam and Surf, respectively. I then battled against a familiar trainer who used Jellicent and Volcarona.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Now just need a florges and a heliolisk to complete my X pokedex, tis a shame I traded the Y ones for two shiny suicunes ><

Lorde

After I fought the first mysterious trainer inside of Lysandre Labs, I battled another one and I beat their Whimsicott and Granbull with Talonflame's Flare Blitz and their Mawile with my Pyroar's attack. I beat the third trainer's Persian with Pangoro's Hammer Arm and the fourth trainer's Crobat and Malamar with Raichu and my own Malamar. After finishing, I headed back out to North Boulevard and I had to go back to the Looker Bureau next. After visiting the Lumiose Museum and speaking with the director there, I headed back to Magenta Plaza and I completed all the Looker missions. I visited the Pokemon Center and I swapped Pokemon in there, then I flew to Coumarine City and I got a TM from the girl near the coast.

Mye

Someone has to win..
My X version now has the national dex complete, can now start MM'ing shinies a heck of a lot easier. First one: a shiny shelmet named "Shuriken".