• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After spotting the wild Zapdos for the third time, I activated a Max Repel to avoid weak Pokemon in the tall grass around Route 16 while I searched for the wild Zapdos some more. After about 15 minutes I gave up using that method and just casually explored the rest of the route. I wandered through tall grass and made my way back to Route 15 and I found Zapdos for the fourth time. I flew to Camphrier Town afterwards and visited the Berry Fields again and tended to my berry trees there. After watering a few with the Sprinklotad, I headed over to the Pokemon Day Care on Route 7 and left some Pokemon there. I then flew back to Dendemille Town and continued to explore Route 15 and Route 16 some more.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
It's always exciting in here! :D

Sometimes i just get bored of posting Daily Pokemon updates. Its why i didn't post gyms 3-8 last time i posted Recent Happenings.

Anyway, started off this time with getting a lvl 15 Japanese Spewpa from my GTS trade. It only had Harden and protect, so i put it back in the GTS. Got a lvl 11 Spewpa that time. Next stop was Route 22 to train up Walnut and Flipper. They both reached lvl 11 by the time i reached the inside of the Santalune Gym. Spewpa evolved against the first gym trainer. Flipper took out viola's Surskit and Walnut took out Vivillon. Once i Healed up my pokemon i did one last Vivillon trade. Decided it would be fun to have a Skitty on my team for awhile so, i caught one named Skatt on route 4. I then skipped all the trainers so i can make it to route 5 and my 2nd permanent Team member Quicker. Up first though was the battle with Professor Sycamore. Picked Squirtle, but put it in the PC because i didnt want to use a Kanto starter. After the meeting with Diantha, i went and caught a Doduo named Quintly on Route 5.

Gonna save training Quintly till Tomorrow

Team
Walnut/Chespin lvl 14
Flipper/Panpour lvl 13
Quintly/Doduo lvl 10
Skatt/Skitty lvl 11

Last edited:

robersj4

I didn't get a 3ds until 2 weeks ago and I bought Pokémon X with it. I am currently doing some soft resets to get a Xerneas that I like.

Lorde

I kept traveling between Route 15 and 16 and I encountered Zapdos more times and I knew that Zapdos had returned to the Sea Spirit's Den after checking my Pokedex. I quickly flew over to Coumarine City and swapped Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I headed out to Route 12. I Surfed north on the water towards Azure Bay and I re-entered the Sea Spirit's Den in the middle of the bay and battled Zapdos. I slowly weakened it without fainting it and I eventually caught it in a Dusk Ball. After I caught the Legendary Bird, I left the Sea Spirit's Den. I flew to Anistar City and swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and bought some items and then I flew to Couriway Town next and I saved the game there.

AdamSe7en

Veteran
Not sure if this belongs here, but I couldn't find an appropriate thread.

I was double battling in the Battle Spot, and I was up against a guy who brought 5 legendaries. Mewtwo, Giratina, Darkrai, Zapdos, and another I can't remember. He brought a Houndoom as well.

So seeing that most of his team was Dark, I lead with my dual screen Klefki and my Magic Bounce Espeon. He leads Mewtwo and Darkrai. First turn he Mega Evolves his Mewtwo into Mega Mewtwo X (now 2 times weak to Fairy as well). I set up Light Screen to lessen any Special Attack damage.

My Espeon (Life Orb) uses Dazzling Gleam and gets them both down to around half health. His Mewtwo used Aura Sphere against my Klefki, doing essentially nothing thanks to the Light Screen and Klefki's buffed Special Defense IV's.

Then his Darkrai proceeds to use Dark Void. My Klefki falls asleep, but my Espeon's Magic Bounce reflects it back and makes both of his Pokes fall asleep, causing him to rage quit.

I just hatched the Espeon this morning (as a Level 1 HA Eevee) and have been having great success with it. Just wanted to share that. :)

Lorde

I picked up the Gyaradosite in Couriway Town, then I flew to Snowbelle City because I wanted to explore the Unknown Dungeon that was located west of the Winding Woods. I entered the Winding Woods and wandered around there again until I arrived at the yellow flower meadow at the Pokemon Village. I had my Golduck use Surf by a stream there and also had him use Waterfall so that I could get my hands on the Psychic TM that was on a ledge up there. Afterwards I found the entrance of the Unknown Dungeon. Once inside, I walked towards the Mewtwo that was in the cave and I battled against it. I had a tough time weakening Mewtwo, but I soon captured it in a Dusk Ball after I had Raichu paralyze it.

I never bothered with Super Training. Pokerus + Power Items/Macho Brace + Hordes = incredibly easy and fast EV training. Even with just a Macho Brace and no Pokerus, you can get 10 EV per horde, and that's the worst case scenario. Pokerus + Power Item + horde (assuming a 1EV Pokemon) = 30 EVs per horde. Make that 60 if you are using a 2EV Pokemon (i.e., Weepinbell for Attack EVs).

I have fell victim to this and still do NOT Horde Battle. Yes I'm wasting precious time. BUT here's my deal breaker, it keeps all of my valuable pokes at Level 1. Ready for an in game Playthru. So although they are bred 5 iv flawless w/ egg moves I am raising my pokemon and forming a bond. All of that work then lvl straight to 50 I would not appreciate the pokemon as much. I could raise in game then use reset bags + horde battles but factor in the extra time for finding reset bags. I prefer to use them this way ...

I have 3 teams of 6. All lvl 1s. Half are Ev trained. I take my legendaries or previously leveled up pokemon reset if needed and play the Super training games then use the bags on my lvl 1s. Both are Ev trained in return. It sucks and I miss out on HAs and shinies.

Which brings me to my Recent Happenings ...

Used my Special Attacker Lucario to collect bags for Pansage and Panpour. Got Lucario finished this weekend. Before that I finished Chimchar and 2/3s on Aipom.

Did lots of multi battles with friends this weekend. If anyone is interested jus pm me. We are beginners tho.

Lorde

After capturing the wild Mewtwo inside the Unknown Dungeon, I picked up the Mewtwonite X item that was nearby and I also found an Oval Stone in the back of the cave and then headed out. I had Aerodactyl use Fly and I flew to Anistar City again. I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and added Mewtwo to my roster after stocking up on Ultra Balls. I then went back outside and I visited the local boutique and looked around and purchased clothes. I went over to Route 17 to try out my new Mewtwo. After Mega Evolving it into Mega Mewtwo X and battling various wild Pokemon, I flew to Couriway Town and swapped Pokemon again. I then wandered north to Route 18 in order to visit Terminus Cave next.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I evolved my 4IV shiny Tyrunt, named it Beardsly, and then proceeded to train it up. Sadly the poor thing has a value of 1 in its attack IV. I still think it is an awesome shiny however. In other news I saved up a total of 100,000 pokemiles. I received a shiny Barbaracle and Pancham from random wonder trades. I noticed the new Vivillon event, I guess I will continue trading until the world wide count has hit 100 million trades.

Last edited:

R2J

R.I.P #31
After meeting Team Flare on Route 10 I made it to Geosenge Town where I ended up just healing my Pokemon and leaving, but, I couldn't just leave without facing the Lucario from Route 5. After beating the Gym Leader I'd face next, I healed my Pokemon again then I headed through the Reflection Cave and arrived at Shalor City, which is where I meet the Mega Evolution Guru. After talking to him, I went to the Gym where I won my third badge. I refaced the Gym Leader for a third time with a Mega Lucario vs Mega Lucario battle, which happened when one of her Lucario's became mine. After leaving the town, I went to Coumarine City, where I meet the Professor & the one I'll face in the Pokemon League. I also faced my rival Serena in front of the gym. While in town I picked up my fourth gym badge then left for Lumiose City, but before I could make it back to the city, I had to take care of Team Flare at the Power Plant. After beating them again, I caught a Slugma & Tripinch which are now Magcargo & Flygon. Once I reached Lumiose City, I faced the gym and won my fifth badge, then left for Laverre City where I had faced the sixth gym and won, then saved the Pokeball Company. I then went to Dendemille Town, I couldn't go much further without helping out the Pokemon in the Frost Cavern, here again I ran into Team Flare. After beating them I got the Mega stone for Ambosnow. Then I went to Anistar city and beat the gym there. As for my plans to continue to the next gym was interrupted by Team Flare. I went back to Lumiose City and found the're lab, beat them there and ended up having to go to Geosange Town to face them there as well. This is where I catch Yveltal, instead of using the Master Ball given at the Pokeball Company, I decided to use a Dusk Ball. Which I caught only using one. After the Ultimate Weapon was destroyed, I went on and faced my eighth and finally gym and won. Now, I'm at the Battle Chateau raising my team up some levels before continuing to the Elite 4 & Champion.

Kalosian

So long
Continued doing tests at the Battle Institute today. I did two more tests, and on the first of these, I finally managed to obtain a score over 6500 points. I'm very happy about that as I will now be able to take it easy on my remaining five tests. Might actually try and change my team a bit, or maybe I'll try Single instead of Double for some remaining tests, not sure yet.

Lorde

I wandered around Terminus Cave some more in search of items that I missed last time and I went down some steps. I walked by some trainers that I had previously beaten and battled wild Pokemon, then I had Pangoro use Rock Smash by a mine cart and picked up the Shadow Ball TM that was there. I made my way into another cave afterwards and I found another set of steps that I had ignored the last time I was in Terminus Cave. I moved along the labyrinth-esque chamber and picked up a Lustrous Orb on the path to the right and also a Big Nugget. I then found an Adamant Orb and also a Griseous Orb after taking the left paths. I then headed towards the middle of the cave and I encountered Zygarde.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got to Ambrette town, caught a hippopatos, traded it for a tyrunt, got to the glittering cave, caught a rhyhorn, traded it for a froakie, beat the flare grunts, got the sail fossil, revived it, traded it for a minun >.> got the dowsing machine, got everything with it, and am now in Cyladge city, I also forgot to mention that ponyta died in glittering cave so I had to replace her with deino who I hope doesn't suck because of hustle.
Current team:
litwik and deino lv 22 and 9
skiddo and honedge lv 22 each
houndour and pancham lv 22
New RIP
ponyta lv 19

Christ

Breeding for a trevenant with harvest. A friend borrowed me his 6iv trevenant with harvest so this is going smoothly :D .

I have fell victim to this and still do NOT Horde Battle. Yes I'm wasting precious time. BUT here's my deal breaker, it keeps all of my valuable pokes at Level 1. Ready for an in game Playthru. So although they are bred 5 iv flawless w/ egg moves I am raising my pokemon and forming a bond. All of that work then lvl straight to 50 I would not appreciate the pokemon as much. I could raise in game then use reset bags + horde battles but factor in the extra time for finding reset bags. I prefer to use them this way ...

I have 3 teams of 6. All lvl 1s. Half are Ev trained. I take my legendaries or previously leveled up pokemon reset if needed and play the Super training games then use the bags on my lvl 1s. Both are Ev trained in return. It sucks and I miss out on HAs and shinies.

Which brings me to my Recent Happenings ...

Used my Special Attacker Lucario to collect bags for Pansage and Panpour. Got Lucario finished this weekend. Before that I finished Chimchar and 2/3s on Aipom.

Did lots of multi battles with friends this weekend. If anyone is interested jus pm me. We are beginners tho.

Totally relate to that. it`s the reason I am likely to use super training too. I am doing my first competitive team but I wanna "live" them until they get there, so I wanna super train and then battle around :)

Lorde

I challenged the Legendary Zygarde inside of Terminus Cave and I used my Golduck against it. I tried to weaken Zygarde slowly, but I messed up at first and the Zygarde ended up fainting, but I had saved beforehand so I just restarted my capture attempt by lowering Zygarde's HP slowly until it was at the brink of fainting and then I started throwing Ultra Balls at it. I successfully captured the wild Zygarde after about 15 minutes of throwing the Ultra Balls. After catching Zygarde, I used an Escape Rope to leave Terminus Cave and I returned to Route 18. I wandered south to Couriway Town and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I also withdrew my new Zygarde from the PC and flew to Lumiose City.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Finally got a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant Charmander! Time to make my Charizard-X.

However, I think I've finally landed on a competitive team. Trick Room! Which Char-X doesn't really fit on. He'll still be cool to have, though.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got everyone except deino to lv 24 and then battled Grant. I won but not before loosing houndoom and honedge DX I replaced them with tyrunt and absol. Now I'm getting everyone to at least lv25. This will take awhile >.>
Current team
Litwik and absol lv 26 and 17
Skiddo and deino lv 26 and 17
Pancham and tyrunt lv 26 and 24
New RIP
Honedge lv 24
Houndoom lv 24

Lorde

After arriving at Lumiose City, I visited Boutique Couture and purchased a new shirt there. I left after getting the shopping done and I visited the Herboriste Shop next and I purchased some herbs there. I then headed out to the Poke Ball Boutique as well and purchased some Dusk Balls. I wandered over to the local Pokemon Center afterwards and swapped Pokemon, then I went back to the Pokemon Day Care to withdraw some Pokemon from there. I left a couple more to level up, then I flew to Victory Road in order to do some training inside. I evolved a few Pokemon and then I headed over to the Parfum Palace since I wanted to catch a wild Espurr at Route 6 nearby. After capturing one, I left to train it.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I transferred over some Pokemon from White 2, mostly some Ditto and Hidden Ability Pokemon. I then spent some time organizing some of my PC boxes.

After that, I went back to doing Super Rotation battles at the Battle Maison. I continued to have an easy time winning battles until reaching battle 190. That battle can down to my Kangaskhan/Scizor vs their Zapdos/Terrakion. I had trouble deciding what to do because I knew that Scizor couldn't do much to Zapdos and that Kangaskhan would definitely lose to Terrakion. In the end, I predicted wrong and lost. :/
I'm glad about getting a 189 win streak, which is my best ever streak at any battle facility, but I really wanted to reach 200.

Now, I'm breeding for some more Pokemon to try out at the Battle Maison. I'm currently hatching Magikarp, but I haven't had much success getting one with the IVs I want.

Last edited:

Lorde

After evolving my newly-caught Espurr into a Meowstic at Victory Road, I flew back to Lumiose City and went over to the Rouge Plaza area in order to locate Looker. I found him inside a building and I spoke to him there. I was asked to help him with some cases and I agreed since I wanted to clear that side quest. I was given the task of finding some Looker Tickets around Lumiose City. I headed over to Magenta Plaza to get one, then to the Herboriste Shop. After that Looker gave me another task and I had to wander around some alleyways next. I went to South Boulevard and battled against four trainers in the alleyways close by. They weren't strong so I defeated them easily without breaking a sweat.