• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Last night I finished my Fox Team !!! I had them bred , Evs , and took them to Resturant Lewow. This is how I have them currently set up. Have found ab 3 mistakes already. 1. Cannot Baton Bass Chlorophyll. 2&3 could have had more power for Ninetails and Leafeon instead of speed benefitting natures. Here's my first take improvements needed ..

Ninetails @ Choice Scarf
Timid, Drought
-Hypnosis
-Heat wave
-Confuse Ray
-Extracensory

Leafeon @
Jolly, Chlorophyll
-Leaf Blade
-Iron tail
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance

Lucario *Shiny @ Lucarionite
Adamant, ??>Adaptability
Perfect IVs except SpA.
-Bullet Punch
-Crunch
-Blaze Kick
-High Jump Kick

Zoroark @ dread plate
Adamant , Illusion
-Sucker Punch
-Foul play
-Pursuit
-U turn

Mightyena@
Moxie, Adamant
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch
-Fire Fang
-poison Fang

Delphox @ wide lens ??
Timid , Magician
-heat wave
-Hypnosis
-Psybeam
-Wish

Possible addition but I have no legendaries so far. So ...

Suicune @
Naive , Pressure
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Scald

Classic :)

Dresden

Pokémon Master
1. Cannot Baton Bass Chlorophyll.

Could've told you that one. Baton Pass only works on move effects, not abilities.

Also, why is Mightyena on a fox team? Its name says what it is: a hyena, which has no relation to a fox (Hyenas aren't even considered canine).

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I returned to Korrina's area at the Shalour City Gym and battled her. She sent out her Mienfoo first and I used Aerodactyl. Mienfoo used Fake Out which was annoying, but Aerodactyl beat it with Aerial Ace afterwards. Korrina then sent out her Machoke and I switched to Golduck. I easily defeated Korrina's Machoke with Golduck's Water Pulse attack and then Korrina sent out her last Pokemon, Hawlucha. I sent out my Goldduck against it and used Confusion, but Hawlucha survived and attacked with Flying Press. I then used Aerodactyl again and Aerial Ace was enough to beat Hawlucha with one hit since it was effective. I then obtained the Rumble Badge and the Power-Up Punch TM from Korrina and then I saved.

Could've told you that one. Baton Pass only works on move effects, not abilities.

Also, why is Mightyena on a fox team? Its name says what it is: a hyena, which has no relation to a fox (Hyenas aren't even considered canine).

Gotta stretch the rules a little bit. Any better ideas ? He's not the best lol

Lorde

I talked to Korrina after I defeated her and won the Rumble Badge. She wanted me to meet her at the Tower of Mastery again, so I quickly left the Shalour Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I then walked north from Shalour City to the Tower of Mastery again just like Korrina had told me. I met up with the Mega Evolution guru again inside and Shauna as well. I wandered up the tower afterwards while exploring some more of the tower and I obtained the Low Sweep TM from a Psychic while I climbed, then I met Korrina at the tower's summit. Apparently she wanted me to battle against her using one of her own Lucario, which I was supposed to do in order to test out my newly-obtained Mega Ring.

Kalosian

So long
Didn't do anything on X today as I didn't have time, but I continued my journey on Y. Started by going back to the Coiffure Clips to change my hair color once more, to something different yet again. I'll keep this color for now but might change it in the future again. I was then about to Exit Lumiose when I got a message from Tierno on the Holo Caster, he told me about the large amount of Pokemon on Route 5. I entered the gate and met a man named Mr. Bonding who gave me two O-Powers. Pretty cool, I guess these will be helpful on my journey. Exited the gate and arrived at Route 5 where I was met by a Lucario. It wasn't wild but belonged to Korrina, Gym Leader in Shalour City. She told me that her Lucario had sensed that I had an aura. That's interesting...

She left with her Pokemon and I started exploring the Route. Went into the grass and caught a bunch of Pokemon: Abra, Gulpin, Furfrou, Doduo, Pancham, Plusle, Minun, Scraggy and finally but most importantly Skiddo, my next team member. I trained Skiddo in the grass a little, and along the way, Flabébé evolved into Floette. Then I met Tierno and Trevor, I battled against Tierno and defeated him. After that, I explored the rest of the Route, battled all trainers and picked up all items.

I had arrived at Camphrier Town. Explored this small town, got a bunch of items from several kind people and met Cassius, who takes care of the PC system in Kalos. He is apparently also a deathmate of Bill who takes care of the PC system somewhere else. Also met Mr. Bonding again who gave me another O-Power. I tried to exit to Route 7 but couldn't, a man blocking the way said I had to go to the Shabboneau Castle first. So I went there. When I arrived, I met Shauna and a man who I guess takes care of the place, he was happy that the castle was getting visitors. Then another man arrived and asked for a Poke Flute since something of urgent matter had happened. They both left and went out to Route 7. I followed them there with Shauna.

When we got there, we saw that a Snorlax was sleeping on the bridge, and the only thing that could wake it up was the Poke Flute. Shauna thought we should go get the Flute from the Parfum Palace and since we couldn't travel any further without it, why not? Before going there, I went down the path from Route 7 and arrived at the Berry Field where I had the opportunity to plant berries and planted a few. Then I went up to Route 6 and battled the trainers in the middle path here before arriving at the Palace. Took a photo at the Photo spot here, then I walked up to the entrance.

Sadly, it wasn't free to enter, and a bit expensive for inexperienced trainers too, but we paid and entered anyway. But it seemed like the money went to restoration of the palace so I guess it's all good. Inside, we met the owner of the Palace who had lost his beloved Furfrou. Shauna thought we should look for it and I agreed. The people of Kalos has been so kind and friendly to me that I guess it's time to pay them back with some friendship from my side. I looked inside of the Palace but couldn't find the Furfrou anywhere, I did find an item though. Went out to the palace garden to look for it there, found a bunch of items and two really cool statues of Reshiram and Zekrom, then I saw the Furfrou as well.

Together with Shauna, I caught it in a maze puzzle. The owner arrived and was extremely happy about us finding his beloved Pokemon. He wanted us to see a firework show which we thought was a good idea. We went up to the balcony and watched it. It was really wonderful... Rendezvous... lovely... setting our hearts on fire and making our friendship blossom. But it didn't last forever, unfortunately. The owner and his assistant arrived and gave us the Poke Flute. I left and continued down through the right side of Route 6. I battled all trainers here, picked up all items and caught Oddish, Sentret, Nincada, Espurr and Kecleon. Will continue tomorrow by taking the left path, then I'll see if that Snoring Lax will wake to the tunes of the flute.

Team:
654.png
- level 21
670-w.png
- level 19
672.png
- level 18

Lorde

I now battled against Korrina again by using one of her own Lucario against her. The Lucario was able to Mega Evolve right away and said borrowed Lucario was able to defeat Korrina's other Lucario with a couple of Power-Up Punch attacks. After that battle, I spoke to Korrina again and I was given the Lucario that I used as a gift since it bonded with me. Afterwards I left the Tower of Mastery and I headed south towards Shalour City once more. I visited the Shalour City Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon on the PC, then I headed out to Route 12 next and I met my BFF Serena there. I obtained the Surf HM from her which would allow me to ride on my Pokemon across water. I taught it to my Golduck and saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued with my Battle Maison streak on Y. My team did very well against the trainers I battled today. I think I only had one really tough battle, which involved a Golem with Sturdy + Explosion and a Hawlucha that easily would have defeated my Gyarados if my Durant wasn't still alive to use Entrainment. I won 30 more battles before deciding to stop for the moment. My streak is now at 80 straight wins, which is higher than my previous Super Singles record (which was something like 62-63 wins). I also have more than 3000 BP saved up.

After that, I did a few small things. I got yet another PP Up from the lottery. I had nearly 30 of them in my bag, so I used a few on my Gyarados and Lucario's moves. Then, I did an Inverse Battle and won some berries as a prize.

Lorde

After getting the Surf HM from Serena and teaching said attack to my Golduck, I continued to wander around Route 12. I spoke to a man nearby and he gave me a free Lapras and I went to the PC in Shalour City to deposit it since I didn't need a Lapras at the moment since Golduck was already my Water-type. I then returned to Route 12 and I walked through tall grass and I encountered and caught a wild Slowpoke and Chatot there. I then used Cut on a nearby tree and I reached a berry tree and I picked up an Aspear Berry off the ground. I then arrived at the shoreline of Route 12 and I had Golduck use Surf. I spotted a Swimmer almost immediately and I defeated his Qwilfish and Binacle with Venusaur and saved.

Zemedelphos

Today, I managed to register my 596th captured pokemon in my pokedex. I'm going for a shiny charm; people have said they've gotten it in one weekend, but unless they had decent past-gen things to start with, I don't see how that's possible. Some of the pokemon I caught are event pokemon, but regardless, I've caught 82% of every pokemon created!

Hopefully soon, I'll have caught everything I need for the shiny charm, so I can start breeding shiny Eevees for two of my friends.

Lorde

I continued to Surf along Route 12 after beating a Swimmer nearby and I encountered some wild Tentacool and battled them in order to level up my team. My Litleo finally evolved into Pyroar after battling some of those wild Tentacool, then I reached the other side of the shore and used the Dowsing Machine to locate hidden items. I picked up a Net Ball hidden on a rock and then I defeated a Backpacker and his Linoone and I arrived at the Baa de Mer Ranch. I went into the house there and got the Attract TM from a girl inside, then I rode around the ranch on a Skiddo that jumped over some ledges and I picked up a Shiny Stone and a Whipped Dream item. I then got off the Skiddo and I started walking around again.

Meowth City

Staff member
Started a new game on Pokemon X playing as the boy this time. I named my character Duris after French actor Romain Duris (On Pokemon Y, I played as the girl and named my character Paradis after French actress/singer Vanessa Paradis). When asked for a nickname, I decided to go with my own choice of Heartbreaker, which is the title of one of Duris's films and one of my favourite films too. It also stars Vanessa Paradis).

Since I originally went with Froakie in Y, I chose Chespin as a starter this time. Although Fennekin is my favourite Kalos starter in its base form, I just don't like Delphox. As for nicknames, I decided to call Chespin, Pistachio. Mostly due to the anime because Clemont's Chespin really loves macarons. Pistachio is a popular flavour of macarons, is green in colour and it's a nut. It also happens to be my favourite ice cream flavour, but that's not important.

Next up, I caught a male Fletchling and nicknamed him Passerouge. I couldn't think of a better name to be honest and I really like the French name for Fletchling, so I went with that.

After defeating Viola, I evolved both Pistachio and Passerouge. Then, I headed to Lumiose City to meet the Professor. I saved the game before starting the Sycamore battle.

Current Team:
651.png
662.png

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I know I didn't finsh my last wonder wedlockes but I decided to start over and do a wonderlocke. I'm counting criticals this time so it should be more difficult. So far I'm east of Santalune city and this is my team:
inkay lv 9
joltik lv 8
ducklett lv 8
psyduck lv 10
misdreavus lv 8

Lorde

I returned to the ranch to leave Skiddo then I headed south through a patch of yellow flowers. I battled a Pokemon Breeder and her Seviper and Miltank along the way, then I battled a Youngster and his Yanma, Mothim, and Whirlipede with my Pyroar. I continued walking east and battled another Pokemon Breeder as I wandered closer to Coumarine City. I arrived at the opposite shore of Route 12 and I battled a Fisherman and his team full of Magikarp. I collected a Water Stone north of the Fisherman after Surfing a bit, then I fully explored the yellow flowers some more and encountered wild Pokemon like Slowpoke, Exeggcute and Tauros in the tall grass, which I captured before arriving in Coumarine City.

Kalosian

So long
X: Today's PokeRadar target was Hariyama, so I went out to Route 11 and got a chain quickly, but it broke quickly as well. So I left, went back to Lumiose and got another Ultra Ball. Then I watched some more Mega Evolutions. I used Mega Stones to evolve my Absol, Aerodactyl, Mawile (didn't know it had two 'fangs' or whatever until now) and Pinsir. Made their evolved forms my primary choices in the Pokedex. Might continue tomorrow, though I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play then.

Y: Started here by exploring the left part of Route 6. I battled all trainers, picked up all items and caught a Honedge. I also managed to catch a Venipede in the middle part of the Route. Then I went back to Route 5 and used the Cut HM I found yesterday to cut down two trees, behind one of them was a trainer, and behind the other was an item. Then I went out to Route 7 again. Went up to the bridge, and the man from the Castle noticed that I had the Poke Flute. He warned me that the Snorlax would be angry when it woke up, then he played the Flute. The Snorlax had now awoken and it wanted to battle!

I started battling it. Since it seems to return here every year, defeating it will not do anything so I might just catch it so it never comes back. The battle against it was tough, and it was by all means the hardest capture I have experienced so far. But I did it at last, managed to catch it and the problem was solved. The Castle man went back to his Castle and brought the Poke Flute with him. I started travelling across Route 7, arrived at the Day-Care when Tierno and Trevor appeared. They showed me how the Day-Care worked, and I left a Pokemon there for now (also ended up leaving a second one later on).

Started exploring Route 7. I caught Smeargle, Volbeat, Roselia, Croagunk, Ducklett, Spritzee and Hoppip in the grass. Also found the Battle Chateau where I met Viola again. She thought I should get a title and start battling there, so I did. Battled all trainers in the Chateau which gave more money than experience, which was good as I needed money more at this time, didn't have a lot but after I was done at the Chateau, I had more than I had ever had before. Before I left the place, my title also got upgraded, which is cool. Still have a long way to go until I reach the final title, but I'll get to that sometime later on.

As I left and continued through the Route, my neighbor-rival appeared and suggested that the two of us should have a multi battle against Tierno and Trevor. So we did, and we won against them. I continued throughout the last part of the Route and arrived at the Connecting Cave. Had now along the route battled all trainers and picked up all items. Entered the first entrance to Connecting Cave, which lead to Cyllage City. I battled a Pokemon Breeder inside but couldn't get very far because there were holes and large rock blocking the way. I exited and entered the other entrance instead, the one leading to Ambrette Town.

Inside of this part, I caught Zubat, Axew, Whismur and Meditite, then I headed out to Route 8. Here, I met Professor Sycamore's assistants again and they upgraded my Pokedex to Coastal mode, then they left. I started exploring this route, caught Spoink, Drifloon, Mienfoo, Inkay, Wingull and Absol. Also battled all trainers except for a Sky Trainer whom I couldn't battle yet, and picked up all items except the one I couldn't get yet. Then I arrived at Ambrette Town where I met my neighbor again. Or my Rival... Rival in Love? Rival in Friendship? I don't even know anymore. Anyway, it was suggested that we should head to the Fossil Lab.

But I decided to explore the small town first, except for the Aquarium. Obtained and found a bunch of items, also met Mr. Bonding who gave me another O-Power. Then I went to the Lab where we met two Scientists who told us about an assistant going to Glittering Cave. Guess we should be heading there too. I weout out to Route 9 first, had to ride on a Rhyhorn to meet Pokemon and get anywhere. I met and caught Hippopotas, Sandile and more importantly Helioptile, my next team member. Left Route 9 and headed back to Route 8 and the Connecting Cave to train Helioptile a bit. Also met and caught a Seviper along the way. When I felt satisfied with the training, I went back to Ambrette and saved for the day, hoping to continue tomorrow though I'll probably not have lot of time to play then.

Other than this, I did two more small things. I harvested the berries I planted yesterday and I started doing some parts of the Super Training, went through the introductory stuff and all of the level 1 Regimens, will continue with the higher levels later on.

Team:
654.png
- level 24
670-w.png
- level 24
672.png
- level 24
694.png
- level 20

Last edited:

Lorde

I left the tall grass on Route 12 after catching more Pokemon including a wild Miltank and I headed east towards Coumarine City next since that was my next destination. I received a Holo Caster message once I set foot in Coumarine City though and it was from Serena. She told me that she wanted to battle me in front of the Coumarine City Gym, so then I wandered around looking for the local Pokemon Center afterwards. As I moved around the city, I spoke to various NPCs and I got a Silk Scarf from someone in a house, then I found a kiosk that sold Incense items, but I didn't buy any given that they were expensive. I then continued to wander around Coumarine City past the port in search of the local PC.

Gotoxy

My First Pokemon Adventure to go Online

I just registered in Serebii forum yay! Pokemon Y is my first "Legit" game since I played Pokemon Crystal on Game Boy Color. Kinda rough in many things, specially online stuffs. Anyway, on to my journey (sort of). Just defeated Dianthia last night! after getting back on my room, went down, mom told me to meet Prof. Syncamore in Lumios City. Since I think I know what he "might" need me for, I decided to take a little detour to find a pikachu with Light Ball in Santalune Forest. Got me Butterfree with Compound Eye, Banette with Frisk ability and Thief, and Breloom with Spore and False Swipe, with of course Talia the Talonflame, and Lillipup, which I use for picking up random stuffs. It took me 5 Pikachu to draw one Light Ball, and went directly to Day Care Center to Breed and find a better stat Pichu. This guy will not compete because of course I still do not have a good IV to breed. It just I want to have a Pikachu with volt tackle (I missed them :p). I went out to ride my bike near the Day Care center - running to Zubat Roost, catching pokemon along the way, picking up berries and stuff. I only manage to make 5 Eggs since I'm getting bored, and one of them have Timid nature and with speed IV. well I said this will do, and went to PC to release the NOT so good Pichus.

After Super Training the little guy, I went to Lumios City to first, cut my hair (my toon is a girl :p), went to lab to get Poke Radar, then Cab my way to Lumios Station, they gave the National Dex and of course Prof. gave a ticket to the last city i haven't entered yet: Kiloude City. from there an old guy ask me if I'm the new champion, I said No, but he did'nt believe me :p. Then I went to Pokemon Center and saw the IV checker guy. I tried him to check my Pichu. He said "Above average" yata yata, then told me my Pichu's is on Sp.Atk!! what? But I thought It's a Speed IV (always likes to run). When I check my pokemon, I realize this Pichu doesn't have the Light Ball!! OMG! then checking the summary, was a Mild Pichu!! not the one I wanted to train. Then I realize I just released the Pichu that is holding my only Light Ball!! I'm so angry at myself I tried to soft reset to see where I saved, unfortunately, I saved outside the Pokemon Lab.. :( so sad about that happened that I stopped playing for a minute...

When I come on my senses. I went back to Kiloude City to try the feature Friend Safari. since this is my first time owning a 3DS I do not have enough friends yet. I got only 5 friends, electric, dark, ice, and 2 3 slotted Friend Safari that is Dragon, and Poison. I got all the pokemon there at the moment, but upon reading some info online. FS pokemon have perfect IVs. I tried looking for friends online (yep Including Serebii) if I can manage to land a friend with normal FS, maybe I can be lucky enough to get a ditto i can use to make perfect IV pokemons. :)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got everyone to lv 11 beat the trainers in the gym, beat Viola with just ducklett, caught a combed on the next route and traded it for a ferroseed, beat all the trainers, got to Lumiose, beat Sycamore, got a bulbasaur, traded it for a chimchar, caught a pancham, and traded it for a mienfoo.
Current team
Inkay lv 13
Joltik lv 13
Psyduck lv 15
Ducklett lv 15
Misdreavus lv 13
New reserves
Chimchar lv 1
Mienfoo lv 1

Lorde

I passed several yachts by the sea in Coumarine City as I wandered towards Seaside Station where the monorail was that would take me to the area of the city where the Pokemon Center was. I spoke to a Fisherman by the sea and got the Good Rod from him, then I headed north to the Coumarine Hotel just to check it out. I obtained the Lucky Egg item from a girl at the lobby after showing her a Pokemon with a high friendship level. I also found the Game Director at the hotel, then I wandered back outside. As I headed north I met a girl by the coast and I obtained the Embargo TM from her after answering her question. I then entered Seaside Station after that and I met Professor Sycamore and Diantha inside there.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I continued with Super Singles at the Battle Maison again today. Most of the battles were pretty easy. However, everything went downhill on battle 90, which in short involved unlucky Critical Hits and Trick Room.
89 wins is now my second highest streak at the Battle Maison, but I wanted to get much further.

After that loss, I was in no mood to continue with Super Singles, so I went back to Super Doubles. I still had an active streak of 50 wins and continued it with the same Kangaskhan, Togekiss, Aegislash, and Garchomp team I used before. I faced some pretty tough opponents (I've been finding the Fighting + Rock lead combo especially annoying) and very carefully had to predict what they were going to do. I did make some wrong predictions, and ended up with some of my Pokemon fainting as a result. But, I was still able to win all the Double Battles I did today. I had enough time to bring my streak to 74 wins.

Last edited: