• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I spoke to Professor Sycamore at Seaside Station and received the Fly HM from him. Professor Sycamore left and then Diantha spoke to me as well. After those conversations I spoke to the person at the counter of the station and I was able to ride the monorail south to the Pokemon Center. As soon as I arrived at the southern part of the city I obtained a Metronome at Hillcrest Station and then I visited the Pokemon Center as I had been longing to do and I healed my team there. I then purchased some items at the Poke Mart section of the Pokemon Center. I spotted Mr. Bonding in a corner and I obtained an O-Power from him too. I then taught Fly to my Aerodactyl, although I couldn't use it in the overworld yet.

Profesco

gone gently
I've decided to rebreed for Chespins. This time I'm going for an Impish nature, including Curse/Quick Guard/Spikes/Synthesis as Egg moves, and looking for a shiny. I've got a 6IV parent and a 5IV parent (sans HP) in the Daycare, and it took me about 300 eggs just to get a 5IV Bulletproof female, sheesh. So there are only two ways in which my parent situation could improve: hatching a Bulletproof female with 6IVs, or hatching one with 5IVs sans Sp.Atk. With or without either of those instances, I'm on the long final stretch to shiny Chespin! ^_^

Lorde

I exited the Coumarine City Pokemon Center and went out to explore most of the southern part of the city. I received a Poke Toy from a girl inside one of the houses, then I went south to the gatehouse that led to Route 13 and I got a Black Sludge from a Punk Guy there. I returned to Coumarine City and after finding the Sky Plate near a cliff's edge, I went to the Coumarine City Gym. I encountered Serena there and we finally had our battle. I used my Lucario against her Meowstic and I beat it with a couple of Payback attacks and then I defeated Absol with Lucario's Power-Up Punch. All that was left was Serena's Quilladin which my Pyroar easily defeated with its Flamethrower attack. I saved after that battle.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I resumed my Super Doubles streak from where I left off earlier. I decided to continue battling until I lost. To my surprise, I did not lose until battle #103, where I didn't stand a chance after my Kangaskhan got Burned after getting hit by Heat Wave and my Aegislash was Frozen by an Ice Punch.
Unlike my loss in Super Singles earlier, I'm not that upset about this loss. My Super Doubles team really exceeded my expectations and managed to pull through and win several tough battles along the way. I'm very glad that I got more than 100 wins in another battle style after getting my 189 Super Rotations streak a while ago.

Next time, I think I'll get back into Super Triples since I still have an active 50 win streak there too.

Lorde

Once I defeated Serena in front of the Coumarine City Gym, I went to the Coumarine City Pokemon Center in order to heal my team again. I went back out afterwards because I wanted to visit Azure Bay next in order to do some more training before challenging Gym Leader Ramos. I took the monorail and headed west out of Coumarine City and I Surfed along Route 12. I arrived at Azure Bay and battled some Swimmers and I mostly used Raichu against their Water-type Pokemon. I then arrived at a small island where I obtained the Ampharosite Mega Stone from an old man. I then battled a Fisherman and his Clauncher and Carvanha with Venusaur and then I battled a Sky Trainer and their Sigilyph and I saved.

Chrosion

#1 waifu
This isn't totally recent but... I breeded my Chespin and trained the Chespin that hatched with my Lucky Egg so i could put it on GTS and get a starter (I forgot which one) and I trained it to Quilladin and put it up and after it had been traded I realized I never took the Lucky Egg off and that's how I lost my Lucky Egg... but recently today I found on the Pokémileage Club on one of the attractions you cant get a Lucky Egg and I'm so freaking excited I'm gonna play the attraction until I get that Lucky Egg >:}

Last edited:
I battled lots on Pokemon Showdown last night. Now I'm waking up trading.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Bred a Crawdaunt for my Trick Room team, now I'm working on a Chandelure. This one's less easy because I don't have much in the way of good IV parents in the Amorphous egg group - just a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Gastly. Most everything I've made so far has been in the Field/Dragon/Water/Monster egg groups which I have ample breeding stock for. I'm not looking forward to my final breed - Venusaur. Trying to get a good female Bulbasaur is going to be a hassle, most likely. But, I may get lucky. Who knows.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished in the glittering cave and am now back in Ambrett town. Here are my new reserves from last time
Chimchar
Rhyhorn
Nincada
Ralts male
Zorua
Simisear
Zubat
Flabebe
Binacle
I also lost ducklett so I replaced it with mienfoo
Current team
Inkay lv 19
Joltik lv 20
Psyduck lv 20
Misdreavus lv 21
Ferroseed lv 20
Mienfoo lv 20
New RIP
Ducklett lv 16

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I trained my shiny Houndour today a little bit. I also trained my signature pokemon, my beloved Zebstrika Zap, a lot more, because it was only at level 36. Now she is at level 51.

Lorde

I kept Surfing at Azure Bay after beating a Sky Trainer and I found some hidden items along the sandy islands including a Star Piece and a Big Pearl. I found and battled a female Sky Trainer and her Fletchinder and Pelipper and then I found a Dive Ball north of her. I back tracked a bit and battled another Swimmer. I defeated her Corsola and Lanturn with my Raichu, then I fished along the shore using my newly-obtained Good Rod. I found and caught a wild Remoraid and Chinchou, then I Surfed and caught a Mantyke. I kept Surfing toward the south-western end of Azure Bay and found another grassy isle. I walked around there and I found the Deep Sea Tooth and Deep Sea Scale items. I picked those up and saved.

Kalosian

So long
X: The Pokeradar target for today was Caterpie, which unfortunately is quite rare in this game. I still decided to give it a try. Went to Santalune Forest and tried several times but couldn't get one, so I gave up. Continued on my Mega Evolution quest instead. I Mega Evolved my Garchomp, Alakazam, Banette and Ampharos, registered them in the Pokedex afterwards.

Y: Went out to Route 9 again, traveled across it on the back of a Rhyhorn. Picked up all items along the way and met the second Sky Trainer I couldn't battle yet. Arrived at Glittering Cave and entered it. Picked up all items I found during the first part of it, also caught Rhyhorn, Onix, Cubone, Lunatone and Machop. Arrived at the inner part and met some strangely dressed people who said they were from Team Flare. Not sure wat they were doing there, though their goals and purpose seemed a bit suspicious to me. And they wouldn't let me pass freely either, so I had to battle them in order to get somewhere. I had two battle two of them in single battles first, then I met two more of them and my rival appeared so we could team up to take them down.

I used Rock Smash on the stones in this part of the cave and found some items, also caught a Woobat. In the end of the cave, me and my rival met the Fossil Lab Assistant who had found two different fossils. He wanted us to pick one each, I picked the Jaw Fossil and my rival got the other one. With that done, I went back to Ambrette. Went to the Fossil Lab and the assistant resurrected my Jaw Fossil into a Tyrunt. I had also managed to find an Old Amber in the cave which got resurrected into an Aerodactyl. I then spoke to the two bosses in the Lab and one of them gave me an Aerodactylite. Interesting.

Entered the Aquarium and met a man who gave me an Old Rod. Continued to the other side and arrived at the lower part of Ambrette/Route 8. Fished in the sea using my new rod and hooked a Luvdisc which I caught. Then I used Rock Smash on the smashable rocks to find items and Pokemon, found a bunch of items this way. I also met met and caught a Dwebble and more importantly Binacle, my next team member. Also sadly the last team member I will be able to get for a long while, it will likely take a very long time before I can get my next and final one. Went back to the upper part of Route 8 to train Binacle a bit. Trained it until I was satisfied, also met and caught a Bagon along the way. Will continue tomorrow by going north from the lower part of Route 8.

Team:
654.png
- level 25
670-w.png
- level 25
672.png
- level 24
694.png
- level 21
688.png
- level 21

Lorde

I found the X-Scissor TM on the same green isle that I was on and then I Surfed north again and I arrived at a bigger island in the middle of Azure Bay and I entered a cavern. There wasn't much of the Sea Spirit's Den to explore at the moment, so I headed back outside. I battled against more wild Tentacool as I Surfed long the water in the bay and after leveling up my team, I returned to Route 12 and I headed back to Coumarine City. After healing my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, I visited the Coumarine Gym again and entered it this time. Once inside, I knew I would have to swing on the vines around the Gym and climb around to get to different areas. I then battled two Pokemon Rangers and their Grass-types.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I made it through Mamoswine Road today and defeated my Rival in front of the Anistar Gym. After defeating her I beat Olympia to earn the Physic Badge.

Lorde

As I wandered around inside of the Coumarine City Gym, I encountered two more Pokemon Ranger trainers and I defeated the male Ranger and his Ferroseed, Carnivine and Lombre with Aerodactyl and then I battled a female Ranger and her Gloom and Exeggutor. I then arrived at the central tree and I challenged Ramos. He first sent out his Jumpluff and I used my Pyroar. I defeated Jumpluff with Flamethrower, then I switched out to my Golduck when Ramos sent out his Weepinbell. Golduck's Confusion attack was more than enough to beat Weepinbell, then I battled Ramos's Gogoat. I used Pyroar's Flamethrower once again to beat it. I won the Plant Badge and got the Grass Knot TM from Ramos after that battle.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught a luvdisc in Cyladge city and traded it for a mothim. Now I'm getting my team to lv 23 before battling the trainers and Grant.

Lorde

After I won the Plant Badge from Ramos, I left the Coumarine Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the nearby Pokemon Center. Next I had to go back to Lumiose City in order to challenge Clemont, so I headed south towards Route 13/Lumiose Badlands as that was the path I had to take to Lumiose City. I met Professor Sycamore's two assistants when I arrived at the desert and they added the Mountain Kalos Pokedex to my Pokedex. I moved along the arid, rocky area afterwards and wild Pokemon started appearing from the dirt. I caught a wild Gible and Dugtrio in the sand and then I picked up some items including a Nest Ball and Smooth Rock by a stairwell and a grind rail respectively and I continued exploring the route.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat the trainers in the gym and Grant without any casualties. After that I caught a sigyliph and traded it for a starly with reckless. It's lv 22 which is weird but whatever. Now I'm in Geosenge town.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Wonder traded a bit, as my box of breeding rejects was getting close to full. I got a 5IV Adamant Marvel Scale Extremespeed/DD Dratini in a Net Ball holding Moomoo Milk, which was pretty awesome, as well as a 4IV 4 egg move Karrablast in a Dream Ball. There were a few other decent ones as well, but those were the real standouts. Now to get back to breeding for Quiet Flash Fire Chandelure.