• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I received the Voltage Badge and the Thunderbolt TM from Gym Leader Clemont after beating him at the Lumiose Gym, and I used the elevator. I got a Holo Caster message when I left the Prism Tower: Professor Sycamore wanted me to visit Lysandre Cafe, so I headed over there. Once inside the cafe I spoke to Lysandre and I obtained the King's Rock from him. I left Lysandre Cafe afterwards and healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and wandered over to Route 14. As I arrived at Laverre Nature Trail, I met Serena and we battled each other. I used Aerodactyl to beat her Meowstic, then Lucario to defeat her Absol. Finally all that remain was Chesnaught which my Pyroar defeated with Flamethrower attack.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I evolved inkay the right way but still have a ways to go in evolving golbat. I cannot comment enough on how much I hate friendship evolutions >.<

Dresden

Pokémon Master
I cannot comment enough on how much I hate friendship evolutions >.<

Start off your breeding by catching a female Zubat/Golbat in a Luxury Ball. Once you finally breed out a good one, just give it a Soothe Bell. Get it a massage, run around and battle some. Shmowzow, you've got yourself a Crobat.

Lorde

After I defeated Serena at Route 14/Laverre Nature Trail, I headed north to explore the area and I found a Rare Candy behind the swing sets in the playground and I moved towards the swamp. When I arrived at the swampy area, I battled a Pokemon Ranger and I beat her Arbok and Pyroar with my Raichu and I started picking up items like a Tiny Mushroom behind a tree and a Cleanse Tag at a dead end. I battled another Pokemon Ranger and his Goomy, then a Hex Maniac and her Litwick and Haunter. I battled another male Pokemon Ranger, then a Fairy Tale Girl trainer who used Fairy-types like Floette and Slurpuff. I cut down a tree and located the Will-O-Wisp TM afterwards. I picked up a Roseli Berry and saved.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I evolved golbat finally, beat Korrina with no losses, beat the mega evo tutorial, traded lucario for a pikachu which took awhile. I got 3 charmanders first XD, caught an exegutte and traded it for a shiny espurr which took me completely by surprise O.O got to Coumarone, beat Calem, evolved psyduck, beat everyone in azure bay, caught a tentacool for a skiddo, and am now getting everyone to lv 35 before battling Ramos.

Lorde

I kept walking around the marshy area of the Laverre Nature Trail after collecting some items. I backtracked to the tall grass patches after beating the trainers around Route 14 and I caught a wild Goomy, Shelmet, Bellsprout and Karrablast there. I moved deeper into the swampy water and encountered and caught a Stunfisk and a Quagsire too. I then met Shauna, Trevor and Tierno again and we went into a spooky house together. After speaking with the man inside, we headed back outside and Tierno and Trevor left towards Laverre City. I moved to Laverre City as well afterwards and got the Toxic TM from Hex Maniac in the swamp before leaving. I caught an Ekans in a horde, then I finally arrived in Laverre City.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Just finished up some more Super Triple battles. The first battle I did today was very tough. My opponent's final Pokemon was a Regigigas with Double Team. I was worried that I was going to lose to it because my attacks missed several times in a row, but fortunately my Scizor eventually managed to get in a few hits and take it down. The next two battles after that weren't too bad. But the fourth battle I did, battle #114, came down to just my Garchomp vs their three (very) weakened legendaries. I thought Garchomp had a decent chance of winning the battle on its own, but then the opponent's Regirock used Explosion...killed the Pokemon beside it...couldn't hit its other partner...then "A Critical Hit on Garchomp!"

So my streak ended at 113 wins. I am mad about losing, but for some reason I found the death by Critical Hit Explosion kind of funny. :p
I think I'll go back to breeding and EV training Pokemon for a while...need a break from the Battle Maison.

Lorde

Upon arrival in Laverre City I received the Torment TM from a boy, then I headed over to the local Pokemon Center where I healed my injured Pokemon. I wandered around the lobby and met Mr. Bonding again after using the changing room and I got an O-Power from him again. I bought some items at the Mart section and then I went back outside to explore the city. I passed the Laverre Gym in the middle of the city and I went east and found a house where a person taught the Pledge moves to Starter Pokemon, then I moved on. I picked up an Ultra Ball that was hidden in a patch of grass and I also obtained the Gengarite Mega Stone from a Hex Maniac in front of the local Pokemon Fan Club and saved afterwards.

Sbouto

Universal
I decided to start hatching for a 5 perfect IV torchic that I'd train for ORAS and while trying to get a 3 IV torchic for breeding a shiny torchic hatched! He had a hasty nature and perfect IVs in HP and Attack. This was the last torchic egg i hatched as I started training immediately and after raising it to lvl 50 with 252 EVs in Attack and Speed and 4 in HP, I used him in an online battle. I was reading the little facts they sometimes show at the sides of the screen like eggs hatched and so on and it said that I had hatched 666 eggs. So does that mean my shiny Blaziken is possessed or what because i don't know what to think haha I'm hoping not.

Lorde

I visited the Pokemon Fan Club after getting a Gengarite and someone inside rated my Pokemon's happiness, then I got an Effort Ribbon from the Chairman. I visited a cafe and got a Poke Doll from a girl there after showing her a Pokemon of a certain height, then I found a Leaf Stone by a clump of tall mushrooms after visiting the cafe. I headed out again afterwards and I wandered north to the Poke Ball Factory, but I couldn't enter the building yet. I returned to Laverre City afterwards and picked up an Ether as I explored more of the city, and after swapping Pokemon at the Laverre City Pokemon Center, I visited the Laverre City Gym since I wanted to start the Gym challenge. I entered the Gym and saved inside.

Kataphrut

Started a new game as a female character today. Picked Fennekin as my starter and have just picked up Bulbasaur as my second starter. I'm not entirely sure about the rest of my team yet, but I definitely want to give Hawlucha a go.

My obsessive-compulsive approach to catching Pokemon and filling the Pokedex has already payed off, since I managed to find a shiny Flabebe! Like an imbecile, I flogged it off on the GTS without thinking; I got an Axew for it, since I was hoping to get one for my team, but it feels like that was a waste of a serious bargaining chip. Then again, there are so many idiots who put up Wonder Trade trash on the GTS and expect to get rare level 100 legendaries in return, so I like to think I was passing the savings onto the consumer, so to speak.

I discovered the editing feature for the Trainer PR video today. It was certainly...comprehensive; I must have spent half an hour fussing over my PCs' makeup. I wish I'd known about it before; my last PC was one handsome fella...

Ketaru

Started breeding for a shiny Trapinch. I want a shiny Flygon because reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with dragons being cool and having recently seen How to Train your Dragon 2. Ok, maybe a little. Wonder how long it'll take me this time though. The last time I bred for a shiny, it took 11 episodes of Firefly.

sagittar

Hi remind me to change this
Finally!

I've obtained the Shining Charm!!!
Now to start shiny hunting to see if there's that much of a difference.
First up, chain fishing! :p

Lorde

I entered the Laverre City Gym and I had to solve the warp-tile puzzle and move around the dollhouse-shaped Gym on those teleportation tiles. I already knew how to reach Valerie's spot since I had experience with this particular Gym puzzle, but I wanted to battle against all of the Gym trainers inside for some extra experience, so I wandered around randomly looking for trainers. I battled a black-haired Furisode Girl and I beat her Dedenne and Azumarill with Venusaur's Petal Dance, then I battled a brunette Furisode Girl at the bottom right corner of the Laverre Gym and I defeated her Aromatisse with Pyroar. I battled two more Furisode Girls and their Fairy-type Pokemon and I saved before battling Gym Leader Valerie.

taran47

Eevee Trainer
I've obtained the Shining Charm!!!
Now to start shiny hunting to see if there's that much of a difference.
First up, chain fishing! :p

From what I've read and what I've personally experienced, the shiny charm makes the most difference in actual wild pokemon encounters or MM breeding. My personal advice is try running around a bunch of friend safaris now that you have it, you can easily get a shiny or two that way pretty quickly.

Lorde

After arriving at Gym Leader Valerie's location after teleporting around, I finally battled her and I sent out my Pyroar against her Mawile. I defeated Valerie's Mawile with Flamethrower which was very effective and then I switched out to Lucario in order to battle her Mr. Mime, which I attacked with Payback. Mr. Mime survived the attack though and countered with Psychic. That damaged Lucario, but another Payback beat Mr. Mime. Only Valerie's Sylveon remained and I used Pyroar against it. Pyroar attacked Sylveon with Fire Fang, but Sylveon survived. After withstanding its Dazzling Gleam attack, I switched back out to Aerodactyl and beat Sylveon with Aerial Ace. I then obtained the Fairy Badge from Valerie and saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I decided to EV train this Landorus I transferred over from Gen V a while back. First, I had to give it Pokerus, so I put one of my Pokerus Pokemon in my party and then went to the Battle Chateau. Landorus caught the Pokerus after only one battle, but I did several more trainer battles before leaving as I wanted to train my Florges up a few levels. When I was done with that, I EV trained Landorus by winning a bunch of Horde Battles. Then, I trained it a little more by fighting a couple trainers at the Chateau. Will continue training later today.

Lorde

I exited the Laverre City Gym after getting the Fairy Badge and Dazzling Gleam TM from my good sis Valerie. I encountered Shauna and Trevor outside and they asked me to go to the Poke Ball Factory. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I went north of Laverre City and met my friends outside the factory. Shauna went ahead and Serena and Tierno arrived as well. Then Shauna and Trevor came running since they were being chased by some Team Flare grunt. Now that nobody was guarding the entrance, I could explore the area some more. I moved around the maze outside to pick up a few items, then I entered the actual Poke Ball Factory and battled a Team Flare grunt and his Toxicroak and the entrance.

sagittar

Hi remind me to change this
From what I've read and what I've personally experienced, the shiny charm makes the most difference in actual wild pokemon encounters or MM breeding.
That's what I thought but I was able to catch a shiny Poliwirl in record time. (For me, usually it takes me an hour or two but this time it took only 15 minutes.)
My personal advice is try running around a bunch of friend safaris now that you have it, you can easily get a shiny or two that way pretty quickly.
I ran around in the safari for a while and haven't got any yet but I've only been there for about half an hour.

Lorde

After I defeated the first Team Flare grunt inside the Poke Ball Factory, I continued to wander around on conveyor belts. I battled several Team Flare grunts around the factory and I found a room where I healed my Pokemon thanks to the people inside. I went out to explore more of the factory and I entered one of the main offices and some Team Flare members talking to a man inside. I had to battle against a Team Flare Admin next. I beat her Scraggy and her Houndoom with Greninja, then I had to battle against the two Team Flare scientists, Celosia and Bryony. Sreena arrived and teamed up with me. Serena's Meowstic beat Manectric and I used Lucario's Aura Sphere to defeat Liepard and we won the battle.