• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
X: Today's Pokeradar target was Azurill. I went out to Route 3 and got one quite quickly, but the chain also broke quickly as usual. I continued by doing some more Mega Evolutions, used Mega Stones and added the following Megas to my Pokedex: Gengar, Manectric, Abomasnow and Tyranitar. I now only have 2 left of the Mega Evolutions that I can and will view, though I might have to do some small things before I am able to view them.

Y: Started here by going through Reflection Cave. Literally going through it, since I couldn't use my bike or skates. It was full of mirrors, which is cool. Along the way, I battled all trainers, picked up all items and caught Mr. Mime, Solosis, Wobbuffet, Roggenrola, Carbink and Mime Jr. Along the way, my Skiddo evolved into Gogoat which makes it the first member of my team to be fully evolved. Hopefully it will be stronger from now on. I also turned off the Exp. Share after being done with the cave as I felt that my team had now gotten quite a lot of well-needed training.

Arrived at Shalour City. Explored it, but didn't find a lot of interesting things... yet. Also couldn't enter the Gym because the Gym Leader wasn't there. I met Tierno and Trevor who told me to go to the Tower of Mastery at the north of town. Well, I don't really have any other choice. Also got a stone from Tierno, not sure what it might be useful for but I decided to keep it. Went to the Tower of Mastery where I met the Mega Evolution Guru and Korrina. The Guru told me that the stone I got from Tierno was just a regular old stone, but I decided to keep it anyway.

Our other friends then arrived, and the Guru explained what was known about Mega Evolution. He told us that in order to accomplish it, we needed two things, a Mega Ring and a Mega Stone. And the Guru had one Mega Ring, but unfortunately only one. He wanted one of us to have it. Tierno, Trevor and Shauna all felt that they were too weak to deserve it, so that left me and my rival. Or perhaps I should call him by his actual name. Calem. He suggested that we should battle for the Mega Ring, and I agreed. We battled, and I defeated him. But I couldn't get the ring yet, had to go to the Gym and defeat Korrina first. She headed off to the Gym and I exited the Tower. Spoke to a Hiker in the city who wanted the stone I got from Tierno. I gave it to him, and he gave me a Sun Stone in return. Tomorrow, I'll challenge the Gym.

Team:
654.png
- level 32
670-w.png
- level 32
673.png
- level 32
694.png
- level 32
688.png
- level 32

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After Serena and I defeated Team Flare Celosia and Bryony at the Poke Ball Factory, I spoke to the president of the company and I received the Master Ball item and a Big Nugget from him. I collected some items around the factory afterwards including a Metal Coat and Max Revive, then I returned to Laverre City and healed my team at the PC. With everything completed in Laverre City, I decided to journey to the next town. So I went east to Route 15/Brun Way and I battled against a Pokemon Ranger who jumped out of a bunch of leaves and I beat his Quagsire with Venusaur's Petal Dance and his Beartic with Pyroar's Flamethrower. I walked through more leaves and I picked up a Revive by some leaves and saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued training my Landorus. I fought trainers in the Battle Chateau until it was around level 55, then headed over to Lumiose for a change in scenery. After battling in the restaurants, I returned to the Chateau and trained until Landorus was above level 70. I thought that was a good place to stop training it, so I put Landorus back in the PC.
Other than that, I did a few little things. I sold a few items I didn't need and bought some more healing items. Also, I Wonder Traded away a few Pokemon, but didn't get anything noteworthy in return.

Lorde

I continued walking along Route 15 and I found a Net Ball in another clump of leaves and then I encountered and battled a Hex Maniac. I defeated her Chimecho with Greninja, then I wandered around the tall grass and I captured a wild Skorupi, Watchog and Mightyena. I then jumped off a ledge as I moved east and I picked up a Leppa Berry by a berry tree. I also battled another Pokemon Ranger and I beat his Watchog, Swoobat and Seadra with Raichu and Venusaur. As I moved forward, I battled another male Ranger and beat him too. I walked across a river after beating the fourth Pokemon Ranger on the route and I walked towards the water and I fished around with my Good Rod and caught a wild Basculine.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
FINALLY got a 5IV Quiet Litwick for my Trick Room team. Now I just need to train it up and get a 5IV Relaxed/Sassy (not sure yet) Bulbasaur for Mega-Venusaur by Thursday for the online competition. Bleeehhhh. Breeding starters with their 12.5% female sucks. Unless my luck is much better with Bulbasaur than it was with Litwick, I may just have to not compete in the event.

Pilpulp

美的
Decided I wanted to catch Zapdos a couple of days ago, so I used this really good technique and encountered it 11 times.

Fast forward a couple of days...

Decide to go and catch it. I bought 100 Pokeballs, got my Watchhog off of Pokebank and headed to Sea Spirit's Den.

I started off with my Dragonite by Fire Punching it a bunch, and then went to my level 30 Lapras and Water Pulse'd it until it was at around 5% (I had to revive Lapras like 4 times due to Zapdos's discharges until I could get enough damage dealt). Then I switched in my Watchog, used Hypnosis until it worked, and...

I threw a Pokeball

*Click*

Zapdos caught with one Pokeball thrown GG

Lorde

After fishing with my Good Rod, I Surfed across a nearby pond and picked up a PP Up. As I Surfed back to land and I found a wild Lombre in the water and I caught it. I wandered through some more tall grass, then I passed some stone ruins on the road as I moved east and I used Rock Smash to break a rocky wall apart to reach a Protein. I continued to move around Brun Way and I battled against two Mysterious Sister trainers. I battled against their Drifblim and Floette and beat them with Lucario and Aerodactyl, then I got a Holo Caster message from Lysandre. After that I caught a wild Floatzel after Surfing on a river. I then reached some bigger ruins than the one I encountered before by some tall grass and flowers.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I started in the power plant and sadly because of jump kick missing mienfoo died. I replaced him with eevee who I will evolve into sylveon.
Current team
Malamar lv 37
Golduck lv 35
Misdreavus lv 35
Ferroseed lv 35
Crobat lv 35
Eevee lv 1
New RIP
Mienfoo lv 38

Lorde

I used Rock Smash and broke apart a rock to get a Macho Brace on Route 15. I went through some tall grass to reach the entrance of a big ruin on Brun Way since my Dowsing Machine was signaling that there was an item nearby , but I had to battle against a Hex Maniac first. After I beat her Litwick and Duosion with Raichu, I went around the ruin and found a hidden X Defense, then after I battled against a Fairy Tail Girl trainer and her Dedenne and Aromatisse and passing through some flowers in front of the ruin and catching a Klefki, I decided to enter the Lost Hotel from the northern side. I headed down a staircase and walked around a bit until I quickly exited the ruin in order to heal my Pokemon.

Lorde

After capturing a wild Klefki, I quickly wandered towards the gatehouse that led into Dendemille Town. Once I had arrived in Dendemille Town, I walked just a few steps before I encountered Professor Sycamore and his assistant Dexio again there in town. Sycamore spoke about Lysandre's cafe some more among other things and about the Legendary Kalos Pokemon named Xerneas. He then headed out and I met Trevor and spoke to him there too. I then visited the local Pokemon Center once that conversation was over since I had to heal my Pokemon quickly after I purchased some MooMoo Milk outside from someone. After healing my team and stocking up on some Ultra Balls, I got an O-Power from Mr. Bonding.

Waxwinged

So, I'm EV training on Wingulls last night... Boom. A horde of Zangoose appears. Amidst them, a shiny Seviper. The Zan's killed it off before my Venusaur could pick them off. I died a little inside. :(

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
I've been working on completing my x version pokedex, I still have roughly 190 pokemon to go. (woo hoo) I've been lvl grinding in the friend safaris for the past week on and off to evolve pokemon for the Dex, and with luck I've already found 4 shiny pokemon. Quiladin, Woobat, Audio, and Eevee in that order. I found the first two in the same day, one on the way to town and the other on the way back. I also have been spamming wonder trade with random starters like charms see and totodile that I have hatched just for that reason. I haven't really gotten anything good other than people's junk pokemon. Occationaly I get a pokemon with pkrs or 5-6IV (it's always awesome when I do) I put them in my bank for safe keeping until I decide on what I want to do with them. Once I complete the Dex I planon doing some shiny hunting and MM for the heck of it. Then I will start to make competitive teams for all the random battle invites I get.

Zeb

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished the power plant, got back to Lumiose city, started battling the trainers in the gym and realized that my pokemon were at the highest level of the gym >.> After that I beat Clemont, went to Lysandre's cafe, and finally beat Calem but lost malamar so I replaced it with my shiny espurr =).
Current team
misdreavus lv 37
ferroseed lv 38
golduck lv 38
crobat lv 37
sylveon lv 39
shiny espurr lv 12
New RIP
malamar lv 37

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Okay! Lots to talk about! I downloaded X the other night, but more on that later. First, Y.

I was going to drop Venusaur from my team, but I ended up giving Doublade the axe, mostly because I'm not getting a Dusk Stone until Terminus Cave. Some people would take Eviolite Doublade that far, but not me. Even with Eviolite, I still fear special attackers, and even with Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak is still too weak. Besides, now that Aerodactyl knows Iron Head, I'm pretty sure I can handle Fairy-types efficiently enough (more importantly, Diantha's Mega Gardevoir). Eh. I have a few Heart Scales stockpiled, so when I do get a Dusk Stone, I just might evolve it, teach the moves I want it to know, and go on a training binge.

Anyway, I beat Valerie, explored Routes 15 and 16 along with the Lost Hotel, and cleared Team Flare out of the Frost Cavern. Tomorrow's gonna be a marathon: fight Serena and Olympia, then wreck Team Flare's **** once and for all and take a break from Y over the vacation.

Now for X. I chose the girl and picked Chespin. From there I beat Shauna's Froakie, went through Santalune Forest, and caught a Pansear and Pikachu, both of which I trained up for insurance versus Viola. Also, I ended up catching a Riolu, which I really want to use considering I wasted all but one of my Poke Balls catching it, but at the same time I can't really justify it because I'll probably use both it and Chesnaught the same way, made all the worse since Flash Cannon is a postgame TM, which at least gives me the option of using it as a special attacker, but the best Fighting move I can give either of them that I would be able to use reliably is Brick Break, and that's... kinda weak, all things considered. Meh, I won't use it, since I plan to use Flygon anyway, and I'd rather not repeat too much of my Black 2 team if at once if I can help it.

Anyway, after another tangent, today I challenged the Santalune Gym. Chespin's total Rollout domination meant I didn't need my two insurance policies (and it even evolved into Quilladin afterwards), so I ended up boxing them. I made it to Lumiose City without any problems after catching a Ralts to use as a Teleporter, beat Professor Sycamore and got a Charmander for my trouble, which I plan on using on my team.

Y Team:

Kero/M-Greninja
Sarabi/F-Pyroar
Bramble/M-Venusaur
Tombstony/M-Aerodactyl
Stella/F-Sylveon
Celes/-F-Jolteon

X Team:
Quilladin
Charmander

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So, after a week of playing Soul Silver and Emerald i have returned to my X Playthrough.

Started with a Surprisingly easy Gym battle. Flipper and Walnut Swept through the Gym Trainers with no problem. Then Flipper almost 1HKO'd Grant's Amaura. Walnut Didnt have as much luck with Tyrunt, but it went down in about 3 hits. After the gym, i Brought in Snorlax to help clear out Connecting cave and get Aerial Ace for Quintly. Also used Snorlax to help catch a luvdisc. On the way to do the Steelix trade Krabby hatced from its egg. Once i Deposited Snorlax, Shell the Krabby, and my new Steelix I headed off to Geosenge Town. Quintly didnt do as much damage to the Lucario's as i expected, But Walnut and Shadow Claw managed to handle them. In Route 11 i caught my 3rd Offical Teammate, ZuZu the Dedenne. With Zuzu in hand i Decided to say Goodbye to Skatt and Flipper and put them in the PC. Then spent about a half hour training Zuzu on wild Sigilyph in route 10

Chose to Take a break after the Training.

Team
Walnut/Quilladin lvl 29
Quintly/Doduo lvl 28
ZuZu/Dedenne lvl 24

Lorde

I headed to the changing room in the Pokemon Center after getting an O-Power and then I exited the building and headed back out to explore Dendemille Town. I wandered north around Dendemille Town and I spoke to characters outside and then I entered a house where I guy wanted to check my Kalos Mountain Pokedex to see how many Pokemon I had seen so far. I walked back outside after talking to him and visited another house where I obtained a Leppa Berry and also the Facade TM from a boy inside the same house as well. I arrived at the Move Deleter's house. After deleting one of Greninja's moves, I headed back outside and after swapping Pokemon at the Dendemille Town Pokemon Center, I saved.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat all of the trainers on route 14, caught a carnivine and traded it for a trubbish, got to Laverre city, beat some of the trainers in the gym, and lost misdreavus just before I was going to evolve it DX so I replaced it with rhyhorn.

Lorde

After exploring most of the northern section of Dendemille Town, I skated down a metal rail and I wandered over to the southern part of town across a bridge and found a field of soil and I located a Big Root there. I then activated my Dowsing Machine and found a hidden Nugget on the ground in the same lot of soil. There wasn't much else to explore in Dendemille Town, so I headed back west to Route 15/Brun Way through the gatehouse and I went back to the Lost Hotel, which I hadn't explored fully yet. Once inside I battled against some Punk Guy trainer and his Pawniard, Scrafty and Sharpedo and I beat them with Greninja and Venusaur. As I moved around the Lost Hotel I encountered and caught a wild Litwick.