• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Didn't play X today as I didn't have time, but I continued on Y. I started by evolving my Helioptile into Heliolisk using the Sun Stone I got yesterday. Then I went to the Gym. Battled all the regular trainers here, then it was time for the big one, Lady Korrina as she calls herself. I started with my Braxien against her Mienfoo and took it down. Braxien then went down against her Machoke. I sent in Floette which defeated both Machoke and Hawlucha. For defeating her, I got the Rumble Badge and a TM for Power-Up Punch.

But that was only the start of something even bigger. After our battle, she returned to the Tower of Mastery, and I headed after her. I found her on the top of the Tower where she gave me the Mega Ring. One of her Lucario, the one that had identified my aura before, wanted to accompany me instead of her. Korrina suggested we should have a battle using only one Lucario each. The battle started and I had the opportunity to Mega Evolve the Lucario I now had. I used it against Korrina's other Lucario which also had Mega Evolved, and won. After the battle, Korrina allowed me to keep the Lucario and a Lucarionite.

I left the Tower and was about to head out to Route 12 when Calem approached me and gave me a HM for Surf. I taught it to my Heliolisk. Went out to Route 12 where I met a Breeder who gave me a Lapras. I then explored this Route, battled all trainers, picked up all items and caught Slowpoke, Exeggcute, Tauros, Miltank, Chatot, Tentacool and Mantyke. Also used the Skiddo on the ranch to ride around a bit, found a Shiny Stone which I am planning to use to evolve my Floette at some point in the future. I arrived at Coumarine City, decided to wait a bit with exploring the Azure Bay for now.

As I entered the City, I got a message from Calem on the Holo Caster, he wanted to battle me in front of the Gym. Something I welcome with open arms, but I decided to explore the City first. In the process, I obtained a lot of items, some really important ones, such as the Lucky Egg and a Good Rod. Also met Professor Sycamore and Diantha, the Professor gave me a HM containing Fly while Diantha told me she wanted to battle me the next time we meet. I couldn't use the HM for flying yet though, need to beat the Gym first. Went to the Gym and battled Calem, won against him again. I didn't challenge the Gym yet though, my rule is to not challenge more than one gym a day. Instead, I continued with two other things. Did half of the stages for the Level 3 Super Training and played a little more with three members of my team in the Pokemon-Amie, bringing them to four hearts of affection.

Team:
654.png
- level 33
670-w.png
- level 34
673.png
- level 34
695.png
- level 34
688.png
- level 34

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
At the Lost Hotel, I walked past a fallen bookshelf and I encountered a wild Trubbish in a shaking trash can and then I battled against a Punk Girl and her Seviper and Arbok after catching it. After my Pyroar beat those two Pokemon, I found the Smoke Ball item on the floor of the hotel as I went south. I went back the way I came before after battling some Litwick and Klefki, and I battled against a Punk Couple as I moved west. I defeated their Pangoro and Garbodor with Raichu and Aerodactyl and then I picked up a HP Up inside another trash can. I then encountered a Punk and I was introduced to his boss. After speaking to him and learning a trick from him, I caught an Electrode in the same room and saved.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
So this is going to sound kind of douche-y, but I've been randomly encountering A LOT of shiny wild pokemon lately; to give an example, I caught my second shiny geodude yesterday. I caught the previous one on Monday. That's two wild shiny geodudes in one week. Plus a shiny Vanillite I encountered two weeks ago. Plus a shiny Wingull I found tonight.

Before I get any further I should state that I do indeed have the Shiny charm. But 4 random wild shiny pokemon in just two weeks? And I'm not a shiny hunter (if anything I'm a shiny breeder), so finding this many seems odd to me. Like, I've lost my excitement in finding random shinys now. Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but is that normal?

One last note: I found all of them in Horde battles: imagine how terrifying it was to find a shiny Geodude amungst a horde of 4 other, Magnitude-using Geodudes (caught them both, but still it was terrifying). To my knowledge, Hordes aren't supposed to increase the likelyhood of finding a shiny Pokemon, are they?

Lorde

I kept walking through the Lost Hotel after learning a skating trick from a master inside. I battled more wild Pokemon as well and captured a wild Magneton as I headed deeper into the Lost Hotel and then I backtracked out of the area since I had reached a dead end that was blocked by some metal fences. Once outside I went south and encountered a boulder that I pushed with my Lucario's Strength and found another ruin and I moved past the thick tall grass in order to enter Lost Hotel from the southern entrance. I encountered a Punk Guy by the entrance and I beat his Dunsparce. Afterwards I had to use Rock Smash to break apart a wall, which I did in order to obtain the Dread Plate item that was behind it.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
To my knowledge, Hordes aren't supposed to increase the likelyhood of finding a shiny Pokemon, are they?

Only in the sense that you're encountering 5 at once and they all have the chance to be shiny. But no, horde battles don't increase the chance of a Pokemon being shiny.

Obelisk 1

Defense Trainer
I managed to hatch my first shiny from an egg, a Bold Eevee. Unfortunately I was in the process of getting a 5IV Bold one before I passed on egg moves in a different step, so it doesn't have Egg moves, but I'm so happy to get a shiny Eevee finally! I've wanted one of them for years. Now to make the difficult decision what evolution to choose...

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Now to make the difficult decision what evolution to choose...
Keep it normal for now. Who knows, they might make a Normal-Type mega evolution for Eevee in Alpha/Omega *gasp!*

XxVascoxX

Preparing to battle Laverre City gym leader Valerie , got the Gengarite from the ghost girl and HAD to get myself a gengar. Luckily i had a wonder trade Timid gastly i got from wonder trade.Finally got someone to trade with in the Trade request forum and got myself a nice gengar (incidentally Mega Gengar has one of the best mega evolution)

Also since my team is over leveled at this stage had to restrict myself and train a weaker team:

So my team is
Aerodactyl (mega) Lvl 40
Aggron Lv 42
Lapras lv 41

So in my box i have:
Alakazam Lv 61
Milktank Lv 63
Nidoking Lv 62
Gardevoir Lv 62
Gredninja Lv 70
Florges Lv 70
Taonflame Lv 64
Salamence Lv 67
Aegislash Lv 64
Charizard Lv 63
Roserade Lv 62

I've been grinding Battle chateau a lot! The relative ease of training and wide variety of pokemon in the early game amazes me!

Lorde

After picking up a Dread Plate, I walked through another corridor inside of the Lost Hotel and I broke another wall with Rock Smash. I then spoke to a Roller Skater and I got the Fling TM from her, then I used my Dowsing Machine to see if I could find more hidden items. I walked some more and found a Punk Guy and I battled his Skuntank and Crawdaunt with Raichu. I kept moving through more corridors and I battled a Punk Girl and her two Liepard, both of which were defeated by Lucario. I then found more walls that I had to break apart with Rock Smash and I found the Protector item which was used to evolve Rhydon. I backtracked a bit after finding another dead end. I then returned back to Dendemille Town.

Ketaru

Been making rich kids cry a the Battle Chateau. Still not sure what the point of this building is.

Lorde

I returned to Dendemille Town and I healed my Pokemon at the PC. Once I had done everything in Dendemille Town, I decided to go out to Frost Cavern next since I had stuff to take care of there. I headed north out of Dendemille Town and I went across a bridge and arrived outside of Frost Cavern at the base of the mountain and I battled against a Hiker. I defeated his Vibrava with my Greninja in the hail and as I walked a bit more, I encountered a person and their Mamoswine on the road. Trevor then appeared and I battled against an Artist and his Smeargle after speaking with Trevor. I then entered the actual cave portion of Forest Cavern and battled against a female Ace Trainer and then I saved the game.

Kalosian

So long
X: Made another PokeRadar try, today's target was Heatmor. Got a chain immediately and it broke early as always. Might take a break from the Pokeradar now and instead focus on seeing my two remaining Mega Evolutions.

Y: Started with playing with my remaining two team members in the Pokemon-Amie so they also got four hearts in affection. Then I did the remaining three stages in the Level 3 Super Training. After that, I went out to Route 12 again. Fished in the sea using my Good Rod and caught Remoraid and Clamperl. Continued out to Azure Bay where I battled all trainers except the Sky Trainers, picked up all items, obtained an Ampharosite and caught a Chinchou. Also found the Sea Spirit's Den, but it was empty.

Went back to Coumarine. Entered the Gym and challenged the regular trainers. Along the way, my Braxien evolved into Delphox. After the regular trainers, I challenged Ramos. Started with Heliolisk against his Jumpluff which was a bad idea. I defeated it, but it took a long time. Sent out Delphox instead which 2HKO'd his Gogoat with Mystical Fire and OHKO'd his Weepinbell with Psyshock. I won, got my fourth badge, the Plant Badge, and a TM for Grass Knot. I taught said move to Heliolisk and Delphox.

Now that I could use Fly, I used it to go back to some older areas. Went to Route 3 where I used Surf and Cut to find two more items, also caught Magikarp, Goldeen, Corphish, Marill and Masquerain. Continued to Route 22 where I found one more item through Cut. Also caught Carvanha here. Couldn't go down the Waterfall yet though, guess that will have to wait. Went back to Coumarine and got a message from Lysandre, he told me how he wanted to change the world and how I should follow his ideals. Changing the world is not a bad idea, but I'd rather do it my own way.

Went out to Route 13. In the gate, I met the Professor's Assistants again who upgraded my Pokedex to include the Mountain Dex as well. On the Route, I picked up all items and caught Gible, Dugtrio and Trapinch. Couldn't continue down to Lumiose as there was a Power Outage, I remember that from when I first visited the city that some parts of it were inaccessible due to that. On Route 13, I met a Team Flare Grunt who wanted a battle. I beat him, and he told me about how he had dropped his Pass to the Power Plant. I found the Pass, stole it and used it to enter the Power Plant. Could only enter one of the buildings, and that is what I did.

Inside, I found a bunch more Team Flare Grunts which I battled. Also met a Scientist and an Admin at the end, they had apparently been collecting a lot of power for something. They left after I beat them. I also left the Power Plant, Lumiose now had electricity again. Went out to Route 13 again, found two more items on the lower part of it. Saw a really tall man going towards Lumiose, he looked like nothing I have ever seen before. I entered the city again and met Shauna who told me to go to the Prism Tower in the center of the city. Went there and met Gym Leader Clemont and a young girl who looked a bit similar to him. Clemont lighted up the Tower, which also was the Gym of this city, and invited me to come challenge him. I entered but I will not challenge it yet, going to explain the rest of the city first... which is likely going to take a while.

Team:
655.png
- level 38
670-w.png
- level 37
673.png
- level 38
695.png
- level 38
688.png
- level 36

Last edited:

Lorde

After I beat the Ace Trainer at the entrance to Frost Cavern, I walked around the cavern and slid on some slippery ice. I slid around in different directions and encountered some wild Pokemon like Haunter, Piloswine and Jynx and I caught one of each. I then moved onward and slid across more slippery ice and battled a male Ace Trainer and I beat his Raichu, Golduck, and Marowak with Pyroar and Greninja. After beating him, I picked up a Dire Hit item by an icicle and I encountered and caught a wild Vanillite and Beartic afterwards. I slid around some ice formations and found a Hiker in the center of the ice puzzle and I beat his Carbink and Graveler with Venusaur, then I headed down to another floor of the cave.

Returned to the game after some months and finally tried to get all Vivillon. Had like 5 now just missing River and Pokeball. The next task that i did was creat a team to fight during June International Competition since never participated in those things. Made 5IV/6IV Garchomp, Greninja, Talonflame, Gliscor and Ferrothorn. The number six was Metagross but because he can't enter i raised Noivern. Was trying and althought sinergy isn't really high it was awesome trying the double battles^^

Lorde

After I defeated a Black Belt trainer and his Scrafty and Throh, I encountered and battled against a Brains & Brawn duo. I used my Aerodactyl and Lucario against their Hariyama and Grumpig and I beat Hariyama with Aerodactyl's Aerial Ace and Grumpig with Lucario's Payback attack. I slid on more ice and arrived near an icy river, but I battled a Battle Girl first. I used Aerodactyl again to beat her Sawk and Mienshao, then I fished with my Old Rod and Good Rod and captured a wild Poliwhirl and Poliwag in the water. I used Greninja's Surf and I Surfed to the other side of the river and I went down some stairs. I found another small cave there and then I located an Icy Rock and then I backtracked out of the little cave.

I played Y for a short amount of time today, and I spent most of that time hunting for a Thick Club in Glittering Cave. It took me probably about 20-30 minutes to find one, and after that, I changed some of my character's outfits around, and swapped out her all-star team for her Kanto team from SS.

I played X for a VERY short amount of time today. All I did was exchange his all-star team for his Kanto team from HG, and change clothes into his beach bum outfit for the summer.

In both games, after doing everything I set out to do, I saved in front of the Santalune Pokécenter, as always. I always try to save in a town as close to home as possible, while still being near a Pokécenter, in case I need to swap teammates for HM slaves. I never use HM slaves on my teams, except for Waterfall/Surf. My teams are always fully battle-ready, so I have to keep HM slaves in the box.

Lorde

I Surfed across a stream again and I slid on the slippery ice once more. As I moved around the cave, I located a Max Repel and I used it in order to avoid battling wild Pokemon as I continued to explore the second floor of Frost Cavern. I Surfed again and reached the Never-Melt Ice item which powered-up Ice-type moves, then I went down another set of steps and battled against a Hiker trainer. Once I beat him, I spoke to a girl and she healed my Pokemon, then I found a Hyper Potion. I battled against another Hiker afterwards and beat his Probopass with Venusaur and I encountered wild Pokemon including a Cryogonal and Cubchoo horde. I caught both species and then battled against a Black Belt and his Gurdurr.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I tried few battles in Battle spot, but they didn't go very well.. I took about five battles and about three were full legendary pokemon team with Darkrai and Kyogre. And when I actually beated one legendary team, that guy ragequit... Why can't people just battle with normal pokemon and have one or two legendaries in their teams?
I have also been shiny hunting, still looking for that Yanma ( I will get it one day) but haven't done much else.

Lorde

Inside of Frost Cavern, I slid on more ice and reached an Ether on the third floor. Then I backtracked a bit and battled against a Battle Girl and her Medicham, which my Aerodactyl beat easily with Aerial Ace. After I beat a Cubchoo horde, I entered another small cavern on the second floor and I found the Frost Breath TM and went back to the main cave. I arrived at the last chamber within the cavern and found three Team Flare members with an Abomasnow inside. Trevor arrived too and then I battled against a Team Flare Admin. I then challenged Team Flare Mable and I defeated her Houndoom with my Greninja's Surf attack and once Team Flare had left, I got the Abomasite Mega Stone from Abomasnow and left.

Ketaru

Every time I watch TV, I try to breed for a shiny Pokemon. Last time, it took eleven episodes of Firefly before I got a shiny Eevee, which is now a shiny Umbreon. Trying to get a shiny Trapinch this time. Watched three 90-minute long movies, but no luck yet. After that, I went on to try and raise my rank some more at the Battle Chateau.

On an unrelated note, the description for this forum still says "Discuss the upcoming games Pokémon X & Y here"