• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I saw Mr. Bonding in one of the rooms at Hotel Ambrette and I received an O-Power from him, then I went back outside and walked to Route 9 next. I received a Rocky Helmet at the gatehouse between the town and the route and upon arrival at Spikes Passage I climbed on top of a Rhyhorn to navigate through the rocky terrain along Route 9. I encountered some wild Pokemon like Sandile and Hippopotas while doing so and I caught both. I then found a Fire Stone on the rocks as I moved east and I found and caught a Helioptile there too. I smashed some rocks apart next and I encountered another Sky Trainer nearby. I defeated his Ledian with my Fletchinder and saved before entering Glittering Cave itself.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I did some battles until my Gligar got the Pokerus. Then, I started EV training. It took longer for me to EV train it than usual, since I was a little unlucky with the types of Hordes I encountered. When I was finally done, I got an Effort Ribbon for Gligar and then began working on levelling it up. I did a lot of training in Lumiose and now I'm training against the Elite Four. It is currently level 60 and I would like to train it at least 10 more levels. Haven't evolved it yet, but I'll do that as soon as it is night here.

Lorde

I wandered into Glittering Cave after beating the Sky Trainer outside. I walked through the first major tunnel and saw the bright crystals on the walls of the cave. I wandered through the dark areas of the tunnel and I encountered some wild Pokemon and I caught a wild Machop, Cubone and Mawile as I moved around. I walked throughout the tunnel while battling against more wild Pokemon and I soon approached a fork in the tunnel's path and I visited various dead end areas and I picked up items like a Hard Stone inside one of them. I located the Shadow Claw TM inside another one of those dead ends and I battled a few more wild Pokemon for experience and soon I arrived at the basement floor of Glittering Cave.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Once it became night in my game, I went to the Battle Maison and purchased a Razor Fang. I gave it to my Gligar to hold and then rematched Serena in order to get enough experience to level up. It evolved into Gliscor after I won that battle. With that done, all I had left to do was train Gliscor to at least level 70 like I wanted. I battled some people at the Battle Chateau until it was level 67. Then, I trained at one of Lumiose's restaurants and ended up with a level 74 Gliscor by the time I was done there. So, I'm done training it.

Lorde

After making it to the basement area of Glittering Cave, I spotted a Team Flare grunt nearby. I spoke to him and we battled there. The grunt sent out a Houndour and I used my Frogadier's Water Pulse to beat it. I swapped to my Pikachu afterwards and I defeated the Team Flare grunt's Zubat with Thunder Shock attack. After that battle, I continued to explore more of Glittering Cave and I encountered some rocks that I broke apart with Rock Smash. After catching a wild Dwebble and Onix that appeared during that, I picked up an Old Amber that I found while I broke the rocks. I then caught a wild Solrock and Rhyhorn in the tunnels outside, then I spotted another Team Flare grunt inside the cave and I saved.

Kalosian

So long
X: Started with the next part of the breeding. Put my Female Adamant near-Flawless Bulletproof Chespin in the Day-Care, holding a Destiny Knot, together with an Impish Ditto holding an Everstone. Among the first 5 eggs, I got a Female Impish Bulletproof Chespin with 4 perfect IVs in desired stats. Continued breeding by putting it into the Day-Care with my Smeargle, but didn't have the second Chespin I wanted yet, so I will continue tomorrow.

Y: Did a trade with X, traded over 6 Pokemon which I have used for the Battle Maison there and will use here in Y as well. Unfortunately, this reset their affection in Pokemon-Amie as well as their Friendship, which is most important for Kangaskhan as its Return will do less damage now. Will have to max its Friendship again later on, don't feel like it now and it isn't necessary yet either. Though I will not max the affection in Amie for any of them. Either way, I started in the Battle Maison. Since I hadn't done much on it before, I had to start by beating all the normal lines to unlock the Super Lines.

Started with Single Battles, gave items to Dragonite, Gengar and Rotom, then entered. Won the remaining 14 battles against regular trainers as I had beaten the first 5 before, Dragonite only fainted once against a combination of Vigoroth and Wigglytuff. With the first 19 battles done, I could face Nita. Used Gengar and Rotom against her as she lead with a Wigglytuff. Beat her without trouble and unlocked the Super Single line.

Continued with Doubles. Added Sylveon to the team and entered. Won the first 19 battles but had Gengar and Rotom (my leads) faint a couple of times each. Then I got to face Evelyn and I found her surprisingly difficult. I won but it didn't go as easy as I had thought. She also happens to be the only one I have lost against in the Super Lines in X, which makes this interesting. Anyway, I unlocked the Super Doubles after beating her. With that done, I continued with Triples, adding the last two, Kangaskhan and Aegislash to the team. Lead the battles with Gengar, Kangaskhan and Sylveon, won all 19 but it took a long while as I had to beat 6 Pokemon in every battle. The lower Power of Kangaskhan's Return also became noticable here. Got to face Dana in the end, beat her without problems and unlocked the Super Triples. Tomorrow I'll continue with the two final normal lines.

Lorde

I kept exploring Glittering Cave and met another Team Flare grunt soon. I used my Fletchinder against his Gulpin and then I switched to Skiddo to battle against the Team Flare grunt's Electrike next. After beating that grunt, I walked some more and met two more Team Flare grunts. Serena then showed up and I teamed up with her to beat the grunts. Our Pokemon defeated their Scraggy and Croagunk and then I went towards the center of Glittering Cave's basement and I finally found the scientist that I was supposed to meet. He offered to give me either the Jaw Fossil or Sail Fossil and I chose the Jaw Fossil this time since I wanted to revive a Tyrunt. I used Escape Rope to leave Glittering Cave and I saved at Route 9.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally got everyone to lv 15, went to the castle, beat 2 trainers on route 6, and caught a kecleon which I named Spree
Current team
Reese's the braxion and Snickers the bunnelby lv 18 and 17
Skittles the burmy and 3 Musketeer the bulbasaur lv 15 each
Kisses the bibarel and Starburst the flabebe lv 15 each
New reserve
Spree the kecleon

Lorde

So I went back to Ambrette Town and I visited the Fossil Lab again. I revived an Old Amber and a Jaw Fossil inside and I then deposited the Tyrunt and added Aerodactyl to my team. I left the Fossil Lab after getting the Aerodactylite Mega Stone and I purchased items at the Ambrette Town Pokemon Center before heading back north to Route 8. I walked along the coast there and I picked up some items in the sand including a Pearl. I then had Pancham use Rock Smash on the rocks that were scattered around the beach. I battled a few wild Dwebble that were hiding in said rocks and then I found and caught a wild Binacle for my collection. I fished with the Old Rod next and captured a wild Luvdisc in the water and saved.

EXGShadow

Poison fan
Found a Shiny Zangoose in a Seviper horde!
I've been shiny hunting there for a while, and deep down I knew this was bound to happen.. and I was prepared for it. Had my Latios use telekinesis on zangoose, and wipe out the Sevipers with bulldoze.
Curiously, it kept being damaged by wrap, even though there was no Seviper around to squeeze it... but managed to catch it using a premier ball, and physical impossibilities aside, that's what matters!
It's male, and I nicknamed it Rezclaw.

Lorde

I continued to walk through Route 8/Muraille Coast and I picked up a Mago Berry from the sand, then I walked towards the edge of the shore and I encountered a female Swimmer who spoke to me and I received the Dowsing Machine key item from her. I registered the Dowsing Machine so that I could locate hidden items in the sand and I continued to move around Muraille Coast and I found some items including a Rare Candy, an Ultra Ball and a Heart Scale. I headed north towards some rocks afterwards and battled against a female Swimmer trainer and a couple of Fishermen, one of whom used Tentacool. I headed back up towards the cliff part of the route and I trained my team some more there and saved.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished at Parfum palace, beat the rest of the trainers on route 6, caught the snorlax and named him Mounds, caught a roselia with a bad nature and named him Rolo and beat some of the painters.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Finally made my way back to pokemon X

Started off with a trip to the Pokeball Factory. Nessie Dealt with most of the Flare Grunts pokemon, except for Swalot. Swalot had to be taken down by Quintly. Then came the Admin and the Scientists, which Walnut had no problem with. Grabbed all the hidden items outside on my way back to Laverre city. Then decided to wondertrade away one of my extra Snorlaxs. Got someones wonderlocke Chingling for it, which i then Traded back and got a lvl 1 Poliwag. While depositing Poliwag in the PC, I added Torchic to my team to help against Wikstrom. I turned the EXP Share on and headed off to Route 15. Along the Way i caught a Mightyena named TinTin. Then
by the time I reached Dendemille Town, Torchic had Reached lvl 18 and evolved. It was about this time i realised Combusken shouldnt be on my team since i already have a fighting type. Switched out Combusken for my original Snorlax, JubJub, and Taught it Strength and Rock Smash for a Trip to route 16. Ran into a Super Sized Pumpkaboo along the way and caught it. At the end of Route 16 i got the Super Rod and Decided to try Chain Fishing. After about a Half Hour my highest Streak was 5 in a row so I Gave up and Flew back to Dendemille. Next was a stop in the Lost Hotel. Couldnt do much though as i have no idea where any of the Rollerskate skills are. Traded my Pumpksboo on the GTS for someone elses so we'd both have Gourgeist's. Turns out his Pumpkaboo had Pokerus :D

Then Met the Profeesor in Dendemille and headed to Frost Cavern. Didnt Feel like venturing through at the moment though, so I took a break.

Team
Walnut/Chesnaught lvl 46
Quintly/Dodrio lvl 44
ZuZu/Dedenne lvl 45
Nessie/Lapras lvl 44
Gengar lvl 47
Gourgeist lvl 46

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
After leaving the Pokécenter, I made my way to the Friend Safari. I told the lady I wanted to visit Steve's safari; I've been hunting for a shiny Metang in there for almost two weeks. After just a few minutes, I saw it. The silver Metang with gold spikes. I sent out Eclipse, my Absol, and hit it with a False Swipe to lower its HP. I tossed a few Ultra Balls, and had no luck. I then decided that I didn't want to risk having it faint from Struggle, so I threw my Master Ball, and it was mine. I then nicknamed it MetaBling, in reference to SethBling, the famous Minecrafter. I then discovered through the judge in Kiloude that it had perfect Sp. Atk and Sp. Defense stats, and was Adamant natured. So, welcome to the family, MetaBling!

dragonmlr

Ultamate Magnemite
I evoved my chansey by battleing zubat,than i went fishing caught me two shines luvdisk and claucher, i than found a revive,eather and star dust in the rocks

Lorde

I headed further north along Route 8 and I soon arrived at Cyllage City, which was my destination. As soon as I arrived, I visited the local Pokemon Center in order to heal my weakened Pokemon in there. I then headed back outside to explore more of Cyllage City after purchasing items and visited the Bike Shop next. I spoke to the manager there and I answered his quiz question and received Bicycle for free afterwards. I visited another house and obtained the Sachet item that would allow Spritzee to evolve and I spoke to a person inside one of the other houses there in Cyllage City and she massaged one of my Pokemon and increased its happiness as well. I then purchased a Soda Pop outside and saved.

Kalosian

So long
Didn't play X today, but I continued with the Battle Maison on Y. Started with the Rotation Line, using the same team as I used for Super Rotation in X and will be using for Super Rotation here in Y later on as well. Team consists of Kangaskhan, Gengar, Sylveon and Dragonite. I won the first 19 battles without problems, Kangaskhan only fainted once against a Magcargo of all things. Then I got to face Morgan, the final sister of four, and I beat her without problems, unlocking the Super Rotation Line. Continued with the last of the five normal lines, the Multi Line. I teamed up with Shauna who used Goodra and Sylveon, went with Dragonite and Aegislash myself. We won the first 19 battles though not without problems, Dragonite and Goodra each fainted a couple of times. We got to face Dana and Evelyn and we won against them easily, unlocking the Super Multi Line. With that, I had completed all normal lines and unlocked all Super Lines. Went to the shop area in the Maison and bought all Power items as well as some TMs, though I could only afford three of the most expensive ones. Next up, I am going to complete all the Super Lines. It is likely going to take a while to do. I have already planned teams for three out of the five lines, and two of these planned teams will require new Pokemon. Will start on one of them next, but that is going to have to wait for a while...

Lorde

I visited a boutique in Cyllage City and I bought some clothes inside and then I got some Persim Berries in another house after answering a person's questions. I visited Hotel Cyllage afterwards and I spoke to people throughout the building. I received the Sleep Talk TM and Rest TM after speaking to some of the people and then I spoke to a maid upstairs and obtained the Destiny Knot as well. I encountered Mr. Bonding again in one of the rooms and obtained another O-Power from him. I visited the local cafe outside afterwards and spoke to people and I registered new Pokemon into my Pokedex. I saw Gym Leader Grant outside and I spoke to him and I received the Strength HM from him and saved the game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Been trying out my Gliscor at the Battle Maison. I first started a new Super Singles streak, where Gliscor definitely came in handy. Unfortunately, I lost that streak somewhere in the 60s due to me making several costly mistakes. I then switched over to Super Rotation battles. There was one battle I had early on where I got down to just Gliscor versus three other Pokemon, one of which knew Ice Beam. I was certain that I was going to lose right there, but Gliscor was somehow able to stall them all out and win! That was pretty awesome.

I continued with Rotations until losing, sometime after 50 wins. After that, I started doing Super Singles again. I got to 20 wins last night, now currently on battle 30.

Lorde

I rode up the bike trail in Cyllage City after getting the Strength HM from Gym Leader Grant. I arrived at the other entrance of Connecting Cave, but I headed out again after catching a wild Axew, Whismur and Zubat. I then decided to visit Route 10 to the north of the city in order to do some more training to get my Pokemon's levels up some more. I walked across a bridge and I arrived at Menhir Trail. I picked up an Iapapa Berry from the ground by a berry tree next and then I battled against a male Psychic trainer and I beat his Solosis with my Pancham. I then battled against a female Tourist nearby and I beat her Skiploom with my Litleo, her Dunsparce with Frogadier and her Azumarill with my Pikachu's Thunder Shock.