• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Snes91

Been trying to collect all the legendary dog pokemon got 1 so far,Trying to make a new team with Blissey & Clefairy everything seems to be going good so far, been breeding for better IV pokemon trying to get ready for (Sapphire).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I skated through North Boulevard and then I returned to the Looker Bureau in order to complete the next case for Looker. I battled against a Butler who worked for Malva and his Braviary there and I defeated it with my Raichu's Thunderbolt. I headed back outside after that battle and I made my way to Hotel Richissime. I climbed to the top floor and met Malva of the Elite Four there and we battled as well. I defeated her Pyroar with Pangoro, then I headed for Cafe Lysandre and I entered Lysandre Labs again. I used the elevator and I arrived at a secret floor within the lab. I battled against a Scientist upon arrival and I beat her Elgyem with Pangoro and Klinklang with Pyroar. I then saved before continuing on.

I bred a new Gible in X version yesterday, and got a Jolly-natured one in four eggs. I didn't realize its FS-caught mother was also Jolly, which would've sped up my egg hunt considerably had I bothered to check. Regardless, I bred it with my Tyranitar from HG, who knew Iron Head from a Unova tutor, and their son is my new training target. He's currently Lv.82, but I've been too busy today to get his training finished.

Lorde

So after slaying a Scientist near the elevator at the secret floor of Lysandre Labs, I warped around and battled against another Scientist nearby. I beat his Weezing with Greninja's Extrasensory and I switched to Raichu to defeat his Heliolisk with a Dig attack. I warped again afterwards and ran into a Lumiose Gang Member and I battled her as well. After beating her Mandibuzz again, I saw yet another Lumiose Gang Member and I beat her Pangoro and Bouffalant with my own Pangoro. I teleported again and slayed a Scientist with a Muk and then another Gang Member's Druddigon and Krookodile with my Greninja's Ice Beam and Surf respectively. I then battled against another trainer who used Jellicent and Volcarona.

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
So I got a Shiny Mudkip for my sister's birthday coming up, and made her day :D Along with that, I bred a 5IV Chimchar, bashful, with Fire Punch and Thunder Punch in one egg! This made me happy as well. Probably gonna evolve this baby and maybe use him competitively, or breed parent. Next project: Medicham, Hawlucha, and maybe maybe others. As for my dex, about to finish the Mountain Kalos and then I'm finished with the Kalos Pokedex! :D :D Then I think it's just Unova and legends holding me back. Once I finish those, it's a quest for all the TM's and shinies :D

Lorde

After I slayed Emma/Essentia once inside of Lysandre Labs, I battled her again and I beat her Whimsicott and Granbull with Pyroar's Flamethrower and Mawile with Pyroar's Overheat. I beat Essentia a third time and slayed her Persian with Pangoro's Hammer Arm and then her Crobat and Malamar with my Greninja and my Raichu. After finishing that and saving Emma, I headed back out to North Boulevard and I had to go back to the Looker Bureau. After visiting the Lumiose Museum and speaking with the director there, I headed back to Magenta Plaza and I completed all the Looker missions. I visited the Pokemon Center and I swapped Pokemon, then I flew to Coumarine City and I got a TM from the girl by the sea.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So since my last post, I've gotten to Coumarine City. I beat Serena in front of the Gym, and the plan is to challenge the Leader tomorrow, then explore Azure Bay before moving on from Coumarine.

Speaking of which, I don't think I have a clear-cut answer to Clemont. I might experiment with rotating a Gabite in as a seventh member (I should have no problems evolving Gible). And hey, it'll give me a good excuse to mess around at the Battle Chateau, so... there's that.

DarkerShining

Y: Been breeding some more Pokémon that I sent over from X via Pokébank, and I currently have a box full of Eevees. I've managed to get one female Anticipation Eevee that will become my Glaceon in this game later, and I also decided to keep one of the regular male Eevee to become a Jolteon later. Going to keep breeding a few more to see if I can get at least one more female Anticipation Eevee that I can evolve into an Espeon later, and if I possibly get two regular female Eevees in the process, I'll keep those as well to become a Vaporeon and a Sylveon. Once I'm done with this, I'll breed the Modest Ditto with a Misdreavus and a Cyndaquil I got in a Wonder Trade a little while back before I send my Pokémon from X back to X.

I also managed to level up my Hatching O-Power and my Encounter O-Power to Level 3.

Lorde

So I strutted out of Coumarine City and went to Lumiose City again next since I wanted to visit my good sis Diantha to obtain a Ralts from her. I visited Café Soleil and saw Diantha there and I traded her a random Pokemon for her Ralts. The Ralts had a Gardevoirite and after receiving it, I headed over to Professor Sycamore's lab. I spoke to one of Sycamore's assistants on the second floor of his lab and I obtained the Poke Radar item from them and then I headed out again in order to track down some wild Pokemon. I flew over to Kiloude Town next and after slaying at the Battle Maison, I wandered towards the nearby Friend Safari and I caught several wild Pokemon before flying back to Snowbelle City to shop there.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
X - I've put this on hold indefinitely, primarily because of things in Y.

Y - Competed in the Fairy Face-Off Online Competition over the past few days, and just finished up my final battles less than ten minutes ago. I won 15, I lost 15 - well, I say 'lost', but I forfeited some of those because I knew they would end badly for me. (Para-Fusion was the primary reason for surrenders on my end; was not going to slog through losing fights of chance against Prankster Klefki.) I saw a whole lot of Mega Mawile, and found my simplest answer to that was my Gardevoir - and her Destiny Bond. There's just something satisfying about taking out a Mega Mawile when they take Gardevoir out... Anyway, I think I did pretty good, considering I didn't even EV train my Fairy-types, nor were they all properly itemized. I even began to second guess and question the wisdom of using certain moves on certain Pokemon. In all, it wasn't my finest showing, but the fact that I broke even tells me that if I apply myself better in the future, I'll probably have better chances. (My team was Whimsicott, Azumarill, Gardevoir and Mega Mawile. I didn't have the time/drive to add two more, unfortunately.)

Beyond that, I've also added a Lilligant with Own Tempo and Petal Dance to my casual team. She's still leveling up for the time being, but in all, her move set is where I want it. I've also begun to Wonder Trade most of the many Pokemon I've bred over the past several weeks. For the most part, I've gotten Pokemon caught from the first few routes of the game, but I did get a Jolly Riolu with Inner Focus and perfect HP, Attack and Defense IVs. It knows Crunch, Blaze Kick, Bullet Punch and High Jump Kick. Giving some serious thought to doing something with that. It's a foreign Riolu, too, so I may try MMing for a shiny Riolu... but only after I get it to evolve into Lucario, obviously.

Lorde

I left Snowbelle City, flew to Santalune City and then I skated to Route 22. I wandered through the flowers in the area after using Waterfall and caught a wild Diggersby nearby for my collection. I Surfed on a stream further south and I eventually reached a spot where two Ace Trainers were hanging. I battled the male Ace Trainer's Lucario and then the female Ace Trainer's Sharpedo and Gardevoir. Afterwards, I arrived at the Chamber of Emptiness. I entered it and found a Spooky Plate inside there. I headed out and fished around the water with my fishing rods afterwards. I hooked a Goldeen and Carvanha with my Good Rod and then a Seaking, Gyarados and Sharpedo with my Super Rod. I then flew to Lumiose City.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
All I really did today was defeat Ramos. My Helioptile had an awesome battle against his Weepinbell. I Mud-Slapped a couple times to lower its accuracy, then alternated between Charge and Parabolic Charge. I had to use a Hyper Potion to keep it alive due to poison, but it held its own. In fact, Sylveon had already defeated Jumpluff and Gogoat, and the only reason I had Helioptile out was to get it a good amount of experience before Charizard saved the day. But I decided, hey, let's see how far this goes, and it went all the way. Niceness.

After that, I didn't feel much like progressing the story, so out of boredom, I caught an Eevee, fed it the high-level PokePuffs until its Affection got to two hearts, and sent it out over Wonder Trade. If anyone got a Sylveon named Sylvester, I hope I made your day.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Having nearly given up, I finally hatched my 4iv Adamant shiny Charmander after 1220 eggs. I EV trained it and evolved it, and am now a proud owner of a shiny Charizard. This is my fourth and probably last shiny obtained through the Masuda Method since it's so time consuming.

Lorde

I flew to Ambrette Town to swap Pokemon and I also purchased some items. I then went back to Victory Road in order to level up some Pokemon. I trained against wild Pokemon within the cavern until my Shelgon leveled up a lot and evolved into Salamence. After that, I caught a wild Graveler, Haunter and Gurdurr inside Victory Road and used Raichu's Dig to leave the cave. I flew to Cyllage City afterwards and I did some trades in order to evolve some of those Pokemon that I caught at Victory Road. After obtaining a Golem, Gengar and Conkeldurr from those trades, I went over to Route 10. I caught an Eevee and Golett in the flowers and then I returned to Cyllage City to train and evolve them both. I then saved.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
At the moment I'm just building teams and trying to 6iv breed some Pokémon I want. I'm also trading 5iv EM Chikorita's on FaceBook. I've been using Victory Road to train some up to 50 and might go through the league a couple of times to see how the teams might match up.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I decided to try chain fishing this morning. Got myself a shiny Clauncher with a calm nature! Took me about an hour. Had a suction cups malamar fainted in first slot and a synch timid ralts in second with a chain of 79. Very happy first shiny ever caught!!

Drummerdude

I purposely missed every question in the 5th gym to get more experience. Soon I was at the top and challenging Clemont. Krookodile beat Emolga, Charizard took out Magneton and Chesnaught defeated Heliolisk. I got my badge and a TM for Thunderbolt which Aurorus now knows. After leaving the tower I received a phone call saying to meet up with the gang on Route 14 so I did and once again defeated Calem easily. We all went through the mucky swamp and heard a horror story that wasn't that scary. After that I arrived in Laverre City which has nothing of importance currently apart from the gym so I headed inside and beat the various gym trainers with Skrelp. Valerie wasn't too tough either. Charizard beat Mawile, Meowstic defeated Mr Mime and Skrelp took care of Sylveon. I got the 6th Badge and tried to meet up with Shauna and Trevor at the PokeBall Factory only to see them get chased away by a Team Flare Grunt...here we go again.

652.png
Lv45
006-my.png
Lv45
678-f.png
Lv45
553.png
Lv45
699.png
Lv45
690.png
Lv45

PearlDex

Only 26 more Pokemon to hatch/train/capture before I have 1 of every gender of every Pokemon. While working on this project again, I was training in Victory Road to level up my Female Mudkips and encountered a shiny Graveler. Fortunately I was able to catch it before it self destructed. This is my 11th Shiny on X and the 4th to occur since I started breeding one of each gender.

I was really lazy in getting my Garchomp to Lv.100, but I finally did it! I'm so sick of leveling up at Le Wow, but retraining old teammates is all that's keeping me occupied while anxiously waiting for OR/AS to come out.