• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Got two Diancie codes today, one for each of my XY games. I redeemed one of them on my X version first and then started soft resetting for a Diancie with a good Nature. That was kind of an annoying process because of having to go through the cutscene that plays each time, but I eventually got one with an acceptable Nature.

I switched over to my Y after that, but before I entered in my other code, I decided to finally pick up my shiny Gengar from the delivery girl in the Pokemon Center. I don't plan on using that Gengar for battling, since I already have a perfectly bred one, but I still wanted to get at least a decent Nature for it since it's a special Pokemon. But man, this Gengar ended up being super annoying to soft reset for. I know I got Adamant a depressingly high number of times...
Eventually, I got a Modest one, which was good enough for me.

After that, I used my other code to get Diancie on Y. I got a Nature I wanted for it too and then traded my other Diancie over from X. Next, I think I will EV train one or both of them.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got two Diancie codes today, one for each of my XY games. I redeemed one of them on my X version first and then started soft resetting for a Diancie with a good Nature. That was kind of an annoying process because of having to go through the cutscene that plays each time, but I eventually got one with an acceptable Nature.

I switched over to my Y after that, but before I entered in my other code, I decided to finally pick up my shiny Gengar from the delivery girl in the Pokemon Center. I don't plan on using that Gengar for battling, since I already have a perfectly bred one, but I still wanted to get at least a decent Nature for it since it's a special Pokemon. But man, this Gengar ended up being super annoying to soft reset for. I know I got Adamant a depressingly high number of times...
Eventually, I got a Modest one, which was good enough for me.

After that, I used my other code to get Diancie on Y. I got a Nature I wanted for it too and then traded my other Diancie over from X. Next, I think I will EV train one or both of them.

Nice.

I tried redeeming one of my codes tonight and wasn't able to due to 'ongoing maintenance'. What the heck Nintendo? They're working on the code servers or something along those lines. Anyone else running into this issue?

So now onto waiting until tomorrow to try again.

Been rather busy with Smash and real life, but I'll have to get back to shiny hunting in my X version. I just wish the dang shiny drought would end :(.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I switched to my main Y version earlier in order to redeem my Diancie code. After picking it up from the Pokemon Center's delivery girl, these two people showed up and asked if I would allow Diancie to go with them since they had been asked to search for it or something. Their boss arrived when I told them no and after wishing me luck with Diancie, I deposited it in my PC; I only need Hoopa and Volcanion to truly complete my Dex now. The wait continues. Anyway, after that I did some battling at the Battle Chateau for cash. After slaying Diantha and Wikstrom there, I flew to Kiloude City and purchased a few TMs from the Pokemon Center and then saved.

Dukkee

WishIhadaManafi5, I'm still running into the server maintenance error. Does anyone know if there's a place to lookup the server status?

Recently caught a Shiny Ditto and Shiny Phantump from the Friend Safari. Now seeking some new friend safaris

Lorde

So after walking around Coumarine City as I looked for Seaside Station where the monorail that would take me to the southern area of the city where the Pokemon Center was located, I spoke to a Fisherman by the sea and got the Good Rod key item from him and then I headed north towards the Coumarine Hotel next. I obtained the Lucky Egg item from a girl at the lobby after showing her a Pokemon with a high happiness level and I also found the Game Director at the hotel, then I walked back outside. As I headed west, I met a girl by the sea and I obtained the Embargo TM from her after answering her question. I walked into Seaside Station afterwards and I met Professor Sycamore and Diantha inside there.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
WishIhadaManafi5, I'm still running into the server maintenance error. Does anyone know if there's a place to lookup the server status?

Yep. I have the link to it here.

Maintenance and periods of unavailability

US: Monday, October 27, 2014, at 8:00 p.m. (EDT) until
Tuesday, October 28, 2014, at 11:00 p.m.

UK: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, at 0:00 a.m. (GMT) until
Wednesday, October 29, 2014, at 3:00 a.m.

I'll be trying at the end of it to see if it works, but... I'm not counting on it.

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
So continuing with the masuda method and after 233 eggs, I got another shiny ralts with trace! But it's 5iv with attack and no defence, so I'm going to keep going but 385 eggs and two shiny ralts with 5ivs, not bad at all :)

Lorde

Prof. Sycamore, Diantha and I gossiped like old ladies at Seaside Station and got the Fly HM there. Prof. Sycamore left and then Diantha spoke to me as well. After those conversations, I talked to the person at the counter of the station and I was able to ride the monorail to the Pokemon Center. As soon as I arrived at the southern area of the city, I got a Metronome at Hillcrest Station and then I visited the local Pokemon Center as I had been wanting to do and I healed my darlings in there. I then bought some items at the Poke Mart section of the Pokemon Center and also saw Mr. Bonding nearby and I obtained an O-Power from him again. I taught Fly to Talonflame, but I couldn't use it in the overworld yet.

Acdog

As of about an hour ago, I finally beat the Battle Maison in Super Singles mode. I now have a Gold Trainer Card and nothing left to do in XY! I'm happy.

Psychic

Really and truly
Yesterday I got my Diancie code, plus Nintendo Support e-mailed me the code for a Pinsirite, which was pretty rad.

Now all I'm missing from my Living Dex is Lugia! Whoo!

Edit: Ooooookay, I put an Arcanine up on the GTS yesterday looking for a Medicham. Someone sent me a shiny Medicham. OT is N00B, caught in Sinnoh. Doesn't have any decent IVs or anything, but I'm willing to bet it isn't legit. :p

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
my post may not be the longest the processs to get her definitely was. I just got 3 5iv jolly Charmander the first 2 were missing attack so its not the most useful for my present use though its a good start for a 6iv if I get a female 5iv. I must have done atleast 300 eggs to get to this point as I had decent luck with the males but the last 2 iv combos stayed on either gender side and never transferred over. after switching pairs so many times I put 2 3iv pairing (sharing SDF and lack of SPA) I finally got 1 5iv missing SPA. all other pairing gave so many near copies that didn't help in large amounts. a few lucky ones did get certain traits. I was thinking it was going to take 3 weeks to get one. im in between week 2-3 now on this one.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yesterday I got my Diancie code, plus Nintendo Support e-mailed me the code for a Pinsirite, which was pretty rad.

Now all I'm missing from my Living Dex is Lugia! Whoo!

Edit: Ooooookay, I put an Arcanine up on the GTS yesterday looking for a Medicham. Someone sent me a shiny Medicham. OT is N00B, caught in Sinnoh. Doesn't have any decent IVs or anything, but I'm willing to bet it isn't legit. :p

Yea the OT screams hack. Still a nice trade, keep it as a place holder until you finally get a legit one.

Got a shiny Terrakion off of the GTS. Stats are only decent, but I don't mind. Someone half way decent traded me a lv. 85 Xatu for a spare Yvetal I had, so it worked out, I traded the other person who had the Terrakion originally it.

Did some shiny hunting last night, with no luck. I'm wondering if it's due to not having that many people online on my friend's list :(. Recently there haven't been very many people on.

Lorde

So after slaying Serena in front of the Coumarine Gym, I skated back to the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I then sashayed back out afterwards because I wanted to visit Azure Bay next in order to do some last-minute training before challenging Ramos. I took the monorail north and headed west out of Coumarine City and I Surfed along Route 12. I arrived at Azure Bay and battled some Swimmers and I mostly used my Chesnaught against their Water-types. I then arrived at a small island where I obtained the Ampharosite Mega Stone from an old man. I then battled a Fisherman and defeated his Clauncher and Carvanha with Raichu and then I battled a Sky Trainer and his Sigilyph and I saved after that.

dragonmlr

Ultamate Magnemite
I just hatched a few eggs looking for shiny venonat and just receved a diancie and got another code so if anyone whants this extra code (us)just pm also willing trade a shiny poliwhirl for any other shiny needs to be legit

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
I have continued with the breeding on my games. I hatched one more member for the team on each game, the one I got on X went surprisingly quickly, much faster than I had expected. The one on Y took a bit longer though, but that was expected, partly since it required egg moves from different parents. Anyway, I still have one more member to breed on each game, have already started on both so I'm expecting to have those final two soon.

Ice Lock

Hello!
Been a while since I did an entry.

I've visited the battle chateau today and I found the Grand Duchess who is the pokemon champion. After a rematch with her, I have won and now I've beaten all of the trainers from the chateau.

On the breeding side of things, my rain team is finally competed! At least one variation of it, but it's something I can use in the 3DS. I'm currently taking a short break from breeding and then I'll get back on track with breeding some reserve members which I should be able to do before ORAS and then post ORAS, I'll be planning to make a trick room team.

During this break from breeding, my rain team is travelling with me in kalos to be trained. Right now, all members are going through their super training to get their EVs maxed out. So far, two members have had their EVs maxed out and I should be finished with the rest in a short while. After that, it's time to get them trained to get their levels up.