• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
I could not found a fitting thread for this, and since it happened recently I'll just drop it here.
Events. The Shiny Gengar event just ended past Wednesday. I wanted this Gengar badly (still do) because of it;s special move, Sludge Wave. But, too bad.. The communication about this event towards the stores that had to do the distribution completely failed. Websites sent me to 'Gamemania' (I live in the Netherlands); but going to one of those stores located in my city, the guy working there explained to me that an error occured in the communication about this and I needed to be in another store, namely 'Bart Smit' or 'Intertoys. So I went there instead. They also told me about the errors in communication and told me that they did no distribution of the Shiny Gengar. In other words, because of this, I missed the event because I was wrongly informed!
I am really bummed out about this. For one, this country gets very little events in general compared to US, Japan and a few European countries. And two, I will never obtain this Gengar now because someone did not do his work properly. I want it badly and I think we deserve this event because of the lack of events in general.

So I was wondering, does anyone encountered the same problem in the Netherlands or in Europe? And does someone know if there's a way to obtain this event still, or who to talk to about this issue?

Help would be so much appreciated.

Last edited:

computertrash

knight of time
Over the past few days, I have been spending most of my time hanging around the berry fields. I was able to harvest most of the berries I planted a few days ago, but there were a few other plants that were taking a very long time. I finally picked the last of my berries yesterday, though my last plant only had two berries on it which sucked.

you wouldnt have happened to plant lansats or starfs, would you? it took several irl days for mine to be ready and even then, i only got 2 berries each.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I slayed my friend Serena at Route 14/Laverre Nature Trail and then I skated around to explore the swampland some more and I found a Rare Candy behind a swing set and I moved straight towards the swamp itself. When I arrived, I battled a Pokemon Ranger and I beat her Arbok and Pyroar with my Chesnaught and I started picking up items like a Tiny Mushroom behind a tree stump and a Cleanse Tag as well. I battled another Pokemon Ranger and his Goomy, then a Hex Maniac and her Ghost-types. I battled another male Pokemon Ranger and then a Fairy Tale Girl who used Fairy-types like Floette and Slurpuff. I cut down a tree nearby and got the Will-O-Wisp TM afterwards. I also got a Roseli Berry.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I hatched a shiny Clamperl the other day while IV breeding a penta-flawless Clamperl for a SmashPass Gorebyss, it had the right nature and ability, but only three of the five desired IVs. It is the second shiny I've hatched, the other being a shiny Gligar, which only had two of the five desired IVs at the time. Even if it was penta-flawless, I might not EV train it, I prefer to leave shinies I find UT. Also went to GameStop and asked for Diancie codes. They asked how many, I said 4, left with 6. Not bad for a days work.

Kalosian

So long
X: With my team done, I needed to use it for something. The actual reason I made this team was for an online battle I am going to have against a friend in the future, so I thought I could give it a try with some other online battles before that. Didn't feel like challenging random passersby, so I tried some Free Battling instead. Where I could only use 3 Pokemon, and there was a restriction regarding Hold Items. So my team isn't optimal for this. But I tried it anyway. Had 5 random battles, won 3 and lost 2. Could have gone both better and worse but I'm quite happy about it. Will try a few more battles tomorrow.

Y: Won 20 more battles in the Super Triples.

Ice Lock

Hello!
X: With my team done, I needed to use it for something. The actual reason I made this team was for an online battle I am going to have against a friend in the future, so I thought I could give it a try with some other online battles before that. Didn't feel like challenging random passersby, so I tried some Free Battling instead. Where I could only use 3 Pokemon, and there was a restriction regarding Hold Items. So my team isn't optimal for this. But I tried it anyway. Had 5 random battles, won 3 and lost 2. Could have gone both better and worse but I'm quite happy about it. Will try a few more battles tomorrow.

I don't know what ruleset and/or tiers you follow, but if you would like to try out your team on my rain team let me know, I'm happy to play with anyone.

Today, I managed to breed a 5IV Togekiss which thankfully didn't take very long. Next pokemon on the reserves list is clefable and with this spare Togekiss, this should not be a problem.

I managed to get two codes for the Diancie event today. I went to the pokemon center to pick it up and befriend it and much to my surprise, a butler and a maid appeared out of the blue and stated their master has been looking for the pokemon I had just received and asked me to hand it over. After refusing to hand over the pokemon, the master showed up and told me the pokemon was mine and that I earned it, while he did not. He also mentions that Diancie protects and heals whoever is travelling with it.

Lorde

So I kept walking through the swamp at the Laverre Nature Trail after collecting various items and I walked over to the dried tall grass after beating the trainers around the route and I caught a wild Goomy and Karrablast there. I waded deeper into the watery swampland and encountered and caught a wild Stunfisk and a wild Quagsire as well. I then met my pals Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno and we went into a spooky shack together. After speaking with the man inside, we wandered back outside and Tierno and Trevor left to Laverre City. I sashayed towards Laverre City too afterwards and got the Toxic TM from a Hex Maniac in the swamp. I also captured a wild Ekans in a horde, then I finally arrived in Laverre City.

Kalosian

So long
X: Tried 5 more online battles, kept doing Free Battles on Battle Spot like yesterday. I won 4 of them and lost 1 which I'm okay with. One of the victories was rather weird as my opponent forfeited early in the battle when both of us still had the chance to win, though I had the advantage for the moment. There was also a 6th battle which ended with a Communication Error, I believe it was my internet that decided to stop working at the wrong moment which it likes to do sometimes. I don't think my opponent disconnected as it was very early in the battle. Though I don't think the battle counted either way. After that, I had done all the online battles on Battle Spot that I wanted to do for now, but I will probably try it again in the future, with a different team. Connected my game to Game Sync afterwards and unlocked two more medals for having had 1 and 10 Link Battles. Which is what I wanted. There are two more medals to get for having Link Battles, but I will wait with them for now. Next up, I am going to try and get another medal which I have tried to get before but didn't manage to get. Still a bit unsure about what I exactly need to do in order to get it, but I guess I'll just keep trying.

Y: Won 20 more battles in Super Triples.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I began breeding on my Y for the team I'm planning to use on AlphaSapphire. The first Pokemon I decided to breed for was Whismur. I wanted my Whismur to be born knowing Hyper Voice so that it would have a good Special STAB move right away, so first I needed to get two parents with that move. So, I bred my Exploud with one of my Ditto until I got a male and female Whismur with all the perfect IVs I needed between them. Then, I had to train them up to level 50 in order for them to learn Hyper Voice. The hardest part of this for me was making sure I remembered to stop them from evolving into Loudred (since there's no way I was going to keep training until level 65). I actually forgot to cancel the evolution once and had to soft reset. >>

Once I had Hyper Voice on both Whismur, I bred the two of them. I hatched five Hyper Voice offspring and then checked their IVs. One of them had the five perfect stats I was looking for, so I decided to go with that one. Will breed for another Pokemon next.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I've spent some of time for Super Training yesterday. Trained Altaria and Sableye in HP, DEF. Bagon in ATK and SPEED. Looking forward to train Eevee and Polygon 2 for HP and DEF today.

Also, it would be outstanding if someone shares their extra code for Diancie.

Lorde

So I skated north and I finally arrived in Laverre City and I quickly sashayed over to the Laverre City Pokemon Center to heal my darlings. I walked around the lobby and met Mr. Bonding again after using the dressing room and I got another O-Power from him. I also purchased some items at the Poke Mart section and then I strutted back outside to explore Laverre City fully. I passed the Laverre City Gym by a big tree and I skated east and found a house where a person taught the elemental Pledge moves to Starter Pokemon and I walked on. I picked up an Ultra Ball that was hidden in a patch of grass and I got the Gengarite from a Hex Maniac in front of the nearby Pokemon Fan Club and saved my game.

Kalosian

So long
X: Got started on the next thing here. I really want to get the PokéRadar Operator Medal, but I am not sure exactly what I am supposed to do in order to get it. Have tried to get it in the past but without success, so now I'll try again. Made an attempt today, the Radar target was Snubbull. Went to Route 10 and tried it out, but could only get a chain of 2 at most since I'm terrible at this. Not even sure if this is what I'm supposed to do in order to get the medal, but I suppose I'll keep trying and see if something happens.

Also got to try my recently created team in a full online battle against Great Horned Owl. I lost the battle but it was a lot of fun. Will probably not use my team for any more battles for a while now.

I decided to train up a Ludicolo on Y version, instead of the Cacturne I had on my Hoenn team from Pearl. I headed to Rte. 15 to catch a Lombre, and got one with a small dose of Poké Ball-related drama. After that, I bred it with a Ditto to get a female, and bred the female with my Trevenant to pass down Leech Seed. After feeding it some vitamins, getting it to fully evolve, and nearly wasting even more time trying to level it up in Le Wow, I saw on Serebii's site that it also gets Giga Drain as an egg move, too. I bred the female with Leech Seed with my Serperior that knew Giga Drain. With the new breeding mechanics, the resulting babies all knew both Giga Drain and Leech Seed, so getting one with a decent nature was the last step. Thankfully, I got lucky and found a Sassy-natured one among my first five eggs, so that was that! After feeding it vitamins, evolving it, and teaching it a few TMs, I took it to Le Wow and got it to Lv.49. More training awaits, once my O-Power energy recharges.

I'm not sure how Ludicolo will fit into the trio I've set up for grinding when it gets strong enough to fight on its own, but I'd surmise that it'd be smarter to grind at the Chateau than at Le Wow once it gets to that point.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I got around to breeding for my second AlphaSapphire Pokemon. I wanted to breed for a Barboach, so I searched around in my PC until finding my Whiscash. Then, I got my Gyarados out too since I wanted to pass Dragon Dance and some 31 IVs down to the offspring. After that, I then put the two of them in the Day Care and quickly hatched a Barboach with Dragon Dance and a few flawless IVs. I swapped out my Day Care Pokemon with that Barboach and one of my Ditto and started picking up more eggs to hatch. After hatching all of them, I checked their IVs and found out that one of the Barboach had all the perfect IVs I was going for. Very glad that didn't take too long.

Lorde

I sashayed into Laverre City's Pokemon Fan Club and a person inside there rated my Pokemon's friendship level and I got an Effort Ribbon from the Fan Club's Chairman as well. I visited the cafe in town and got a Poke Doll from a girl outside of there after showing her a Pokemon of a certain height and I also located a Leaf Stone by a patch of mushrooms after leaving the cafe. I then walked north towards the Poke Ball Factory, but I couldn't enter the main building, so I returned to Laverre City and picked up an Ether as I explored more of the city. After exchanging Raichu for Ampharos at the Laverre City Pokemon Center, I visited the Laverre City Gym since I wanted to start battling. I saved the game inside said Gym.

Psychic

Really and truly
I've finally 100% completed my Living Pokedex in Y! I'll include a link in my sig, which also includes photos of my shinies, Shadow Pokemon from Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, plus N and Curtis’s Pokemon from White 2. Now I'm just working on collecting all of the alternate forms (gender differences and the like).

~Psychic

unfamiliarceilings

/u/qweligator
This weekend was pretty productive, breeding wise. Took a break from chain breeding four egg moves on to my Dream Ball Pokemon and decided to get back into breeding competitive Pokemon. I bred another 6IV Fletchling but this time with Snatch and Quick Guard and I also got a perfect female Mudkip just in time for ORAS. Whipped out my Trick Room Ditto for the first time and bred a couple of TR Pokemon with 0 speed IVs: Slowpoke - Mega Slowbro build, Slowpoke - Slowking build, Mawile, Timburr, Clauncher, Gothita and Phantump. The Timburr was surprisingly easy to work with despite the 25% female ratio; I even got two perfect DB HA female out of it. I'm doing Makuhita right now but I'm not having the same success as Timburr. Keep getting the wrong ability...

I also hatched a trophy shiny Stunfisk while doing some chain breeding and none of the parent's were even foreign. That shiny charm putting in work.

Cerex

As the days are counting down to ORAS, I've restarted my copy of X (after putting everything in Bank, of course). Mainly to get the Metal Coat to evolve an Onix, after I realized that Heavy Slam is an Egg Move and Mega Steelix would do well with that, but also to just replay the story before I dive back into Hoenn. Taking it a lot slower, and I'm trying my best not to use bank at all, which is making it a lot harder but also more interesting. I'm at the power plant now and I'm actually having some trouble with Flare because I didn't buy enough recovery items and I'm sick of dealing with Trapinch, so we are just going to make this work somehow.

Lorde

Once inside of the Laverre City Gym I walked on warp panels and warped around the dollhouse Gym puzzle. I obviously knew how to reach Gym Leader Valerie's location since I had experience with this Gym puzzle, but I wanted to battle against all of the Gym's trainer for some more experience points to level up my team, so I warped around randomly looking for Gym trainers. I battled the first Furisode Girl and I beat her Dedenne and Azumarill with my Ampharos and Chesnaught and then I battled another Furisode Girl at another room of the Laverre City Gym and I defeated her Aromatisse with my Talonflame. I battled two more Furisode Girls and their Fairy-types and I saved before battling against Gym Leader Valerie.