• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did a couple things on Y yesterday. I started by Flying to Lumiose and heading over to Hotel Richissime. I decided to do some work there, since reaching the highest difficulty level for the jobs there is something I haven't done in this game yet. I did the room service job first, which was pretty easy thanks to the notepad on my phone. :p
Then, I made beds, which didn't take too long. Finally, I did the lost and found task, which was pretty annoying. I am always terrified about stepping on the items I'm looking for, so I had to check the entire floor very, very carefully.

I did all the jobs perfectly and got paid quite a lot of money. After that, I went to my PC to look for something to transfer to OR to help with the Battle Maison there. I found a Thundurus and transferred it to my Bank.

Sprinter1988

So following the success of my Omega Ruby Wonderlocke I decided to give it a go on Y.
I started with Chespin and quickly caught a Pidgey. I used Wonder trade to switch them out, getting a level 1 Sableye from Japan with a Bold nature and the attacks scratch, leer and recover and the ability Stall which forces it to go last.
Next was a level 10 Gulpin with a jolly nature, attacks pound poison gas and yawn and the ability liquid ooze.

Not the best of starts. Hopefully I can get something better for my captures in Santalune Forest, Route 3 and Route 22.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After wandering around Connecting Cave and catching a wild Zubat and Axew, I exited the cave quickly and arrived at Route 8. I then encountered Sina and Dexio again. They upgraded my Pokedex into the Coastal Kalos Pokedex, then afterwards I walked along the cliff and I jumped around some ledges and found some items along the rocky terrain. I battled a Rising Star next as I wandered around then I moved past some boulders that needed Strength to be pushed. I battled against a Black Belt and his Machop which my Roselia beat and then I explored the tall grass in the area and caught a wild Inkay, Mienfoo, Drifloon and Spoink for my Dex. I trained my Pokemon in the grass for a while to level them up.

Sprinter1988

I entered Santalune Forest and caught a Caterpie which I wonder traded for a Japanese Corphish with an adamant nature, Bubble, Knock off and Double Edge for attacks and Adaptability for its ability.
I made my way through the forest and arrived on Route 3 where I caught a Gletchling which I wonder traded for a female Snorunt from Japan. It has the attacks Weather Ball, Hex, Disable and Switcheroo. Its ability is Moody.
I raised everyone up to around level 10 and saved the game in the Santalune City pokemon centre.

So far Corphish is proving to be my favourite team member, though I do like the rest, even with their flaws.

24th Feb.
I caught a Bidoof on Route 22 and wonder traded it. I was quite impressed by the sight of an incoming Mawile but was disappointed by it being level 34 and therefore too high levelled for me to use at this point in the game so I promptly placed it into the P.C. I then took on the Roller Skater outside the Santalune City Gym and obtained the roller skates. Then I took on the Santalune City Gym, clearing out the trainers and defeating Viola with relative ease, though Sableye's Stall ability and Snorunt's Moody caused me problems. Snorunt learned Icy Wind and Gulpin learned Sludge, giving them both their first STAB attacks.
I talked to Alexa and obtained the Exp Share before heading into Route 4 where I caught a Combee. I wonder traded it off and got a Darmanitan nicknamed ION in return. This was the first time that a pokemon not introduced in the 3rd Gen games came to me through wonder trade but unfortunately it was level 38 had had to join Mawile in the box.

I cleared out the last few trainers on Route 22 and then made my way along Route 4 to arrive at Lumiose City where I battled Professor Sycamore and obtained a Bulbasaur which I wonder traded for a male Ralts. I really need to find some Dawn Stones soon!

Last edited:

Lorde

I skated through the flowers along the Muraille Coast's cliffs next. As I moved, I spotted and caught a wild Taillow in a horde in that area and then I wandered back a bit along the rocks and picked up some items. I then encountered a Sky Trainer and I battled his Pidgeotto and Drifloon with Fletchinder and I resumed running south until I finally arrived in Ambrette Town. I met my buddy Calem upon arriving there and he invited me over to the Fossil Lab. I healed my team first at the Pokemon Center before going there though and I also purchased a few items at the Mart after swapping Pokemon on the PC. I went outside and received the Rock Smash TM from a little girl and saved before visiting more homes.

Sprinter1988

So yesterday's playing of my Y Wonderlocke was a bit of emotional. I finally got the sixth member of my party, a Porygon with a modest nature, but lacking any decent moves. I trained it up to learn Psybeam and then went on a grinding, catching and wonder-trading spree as I cleared out all routes leading to Ambrette Town.

Sadly my little male Ralts was killed along the way, just 218 exp away from evolving into Kirlia. Porygon managed to step up and fill the void left, but so far no one else on the team has evolved.

Yesterday's wonder trades on the other hand provided a couple of pleasant surprises, including a Protean Froakie, a Goomy, a Gale Wings Fletchling with a Jolly nature, a Tyrunt with Ice, Fire and Thunder Fang and Dragon Dance, a freshly evolved Cradily from Japan and, the biggest surprise of all, a level 100, shiny Terrakion holding a Wide Lens that knows Substitute, Stone Edge, Swords Dance and Close Combat.

Owing to the fact that I have only the one gym badge I, naturally, cannot actually make use of Terrakion or Cradily, but I certainly have some options open for the sixth slot in the party.

Well, lately I have been trying my hand at making a competitive team for competitions. Currently trying to catch some dittos from my friend safari so that I can breed for a 5iv pokemon. Kind of wish I kept some of my old dittos that had at least 3 maxed IVS, but sadly, released them by mistake. Hopefully I can find a 4 IV or even a 5iv ditto, but I know the odds are probably not in my favor.

Lorde

So once I attained the Rock Smash TM outside of the local aquarium in Ambrette Town, I entered the aquarium itself and walked past the tanks. I chatted with a Fisherman by the Magikarp statue and I got the Old Rod from him. Afterwards, I strutted out again and walked around Ambrette Town some more and visited the hotel again and I headed over to the Fossil Lab where Calem was. Once inside the Fossil Lab, I encountered Calem again. We spoke to some researchers there and learned about fossils, then I was told to visit Glittering Cave and find another fossil researcher in there. I stepped out and visited the Ambrette Town Pokemon Center again and then I wandered over to Route 9 and saved my game there.

Kalosian

So long
For more than a month now, I have been resetting for a Zygarde with a useful nature and good IVs on Y. I have during this time gotten several ones that were very close to being keepers, but all of them were lacking in at least one stat which caused me to toss them. But that changed today. I caught an Impish Zygarde with IVs of 31/31/29/6/31/31. I am very happy about it, it is tied with my previous Zygarde from X as my best reset so far. I don't mind the 29 in Defense at all since it is good enough for me and even better, the four other stats are perfect. Getting it took me a total of 521 tries, which is my longest so far. But it is now over and I am so happy about it since it means that I can move on to other things. Left Terminus Cave, headed to Anistar and sold the Big Nugget I found in Zygarde's room. Since I have two legendaries left to catch, I will continue with them next. The first one is Zapdos, and I will start on it tomorrow, also going to do some other things then on both games.

Sprinter1988

Well, the wonderlocke has been interesting to say the least! After a considerable amount of grinding, I was able to raise up eighteen pokemon to a decent level, obtained my second badge and made my way to Geosenge town.

My rotating team now consists of a Corphish, a Buneary, a shiny Espeon, a Japanese Porygon, a Darumaka called Mamushka, a Goomy called Pancake, a Jolteon, a Tyrunt called Terror, a Japanese Torchic, a Fletchinder with Gale Wings, an Italian Swalot, a female Snorunt from Japan, a Charmeleon, a Spanish Bunnelby, a Skarmory, a Japanese Sableye, a Mawhile and a Protean Frogadier.

Unfortunately, during a battle against a Machoke and Mr Mime on Route 11, Frogadier got flattened and had to join my Ralts in the Box of Death.

Eager to fill the void created by Frogadier's death, I entered Reflection Cave for a new capture. Rather cruelly it was a Mr Mime and I did not relish capturing it (though I did enjoy nicknaming it CreepyFace). Hoping for something decent I wondertraded it off, only to get a level 4 Weedle in return. I will train him up and evolve him but, sadly, I am playing Y version and as Game Freak and Nintendo have collectively decided to not release a patch allowing X and Y to have the new Megas that ORAS got, the subsequent Beedrill will never come to his full potential.

Began the frustrating but highly rewarding poke radar chaining on route 7 in the purple flowers. Anyway after many failed attempts and I mean many ( Including a chain of 39 on buneary only to be ruined by a skiddo) I got a shiny pamchan lvl 8. He's ace. Then after a few more attempts I then got a shiny lvl 9 skiddo which looks so cool. Im gonna try few more cause I'm bored breeding 4000 eggs to get shinies.

I have been hunting in my dragon safari looking for a Dragonair with its HA, but having no such luck. I've also been busy wonder trading in which I received a level 50 shiny Psyduck (with a stupid nickname). So I evolved it just to get a shiny golduck in my pokedex and then traded it away.

Lorde

So I entered the gatehouse at Route 9 and got a Rocky Helmet before stepping outside next. Once I had arrived at Route 9/Spikes Passage itself, I had to climb on top of a Rhyhorn there to get around the mountainous terrain in that area. I moved around the rocks and I encountered a wild Sandile and Helioptile and I caught one of each species for my Dex. I then picked up a Fire Stone and a Paralyze Heal in the area as I moved around some more. I encountered a wild Hippopotas as well halfway along the rocks and I caught it for my collection as well. I then smashed some rocks apart with Rhyhorn's help and I spotted a Sky Trainer. I defeated his Ledian with Fletchinder, then I finally arrived at Glittering Cave.

Kalosian

So long
Started today by connecting both of my games to Bank, recieved the Johto Starters and a bunch of Poke Miles that way. Didn't do anything more on X, but continued on Y. Bought a bunch of balls at the mart, then I flew to Coumarine. Prepared the capture squad I needed for Zapdos, then I went to the lower part of the City. Went out to Route 12, continued to Azure Bay and entered the Sea Spirit's Den. Started resetting for Zapdos. Have obviously not gotten one that I am satisfied with yet, but I will continue until I get one, no matter how long it takes. Though I really hope it doesn't take as long as it did for Zygarde.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Well, finally managed to get an ability capsule to make my male Gardevoir, Lark, have Trace instead of Synchronize. I've been EV training and breeding alot lately, trying to shape a team that will work. And I think I finally got a team that has alot of promise.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got around to EV training my 4 seadra and getting them evolved so i can finally get the shiny charm. will test out the charm on a gligar and dewgong breeding run. now off to get that darn shiny charm....

Lorde

So I had now entered Glittering Cave after exploring Route 9. I walked through the dense tunnel and passed the various crystals on the tunnel's walls and I encountered a few Pokemon in the shadowy patches as I ran. I caught a wild Rhyhorn, Mawile, and Machop as I walked around the twists and turns and I also battled against some of the other wild Pokemon for some extra training. I eventually arrived at another curve in the tunnel and I visited some other junctions in the area. I picked up a Hard Stone in one of the narrow parts and I also found the Shadow Claw TM on the opposite side and then I battled more wild Pokemon. I finally arrived at the basement cavern of Glittering Cave and I saved my game.

Been trying to get a competitive team together for the Dragon cup, but I still have to transfer them over via pokemon bank. Curse my lack of not having another 3DS system

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Well, I just witnessed my adorable little Victini all curled up asleep in Pokemon-amie. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dropkick a pick-up truck into the sun to regain my manhood.