• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Well, I just witnessed my adorable little Victini all curled up asleep in Pokemon-amie. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dropkick a pick-up truck into the sun to regain my manhood.
How is that manly? Sounds more crazy. And, in my experience, women run the gambit on crazy over men.[/not-sexist]

I've basically stopped using my Pokemon X version, which is a shame considering it was the first game I'd ever received a complete Pokedex with. But essentially, everything I'd use X for I can do in my OR now.

But I needed to go back to my X to catch a few Pokes with their HA that I can't get in OR. So I'm goin' through hordes of Foongus and Poliwags when, suddenly, I'm passerby challenged by someone. "Alright!" I say. They come on with a full team of *shiny* legendaries. Darkrai, Mewtwo Y, Xerneus, Arceus, Palkia, and Genesect. I shrug my shoulders and battle him, as most times I find that all-legendary users have no strategy and are easier to take down than they appear. This "guy" was no different. I think I beat him 4-0 (he thought his lead Darkrai was hot shizz against my lil'carbink. Magic Coat your Dark Void? I think so).

Right after that battle, the next horde I encounter? Shiny Foongus. Not bad, Pokemon X, not bad.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Recently I slayed some female Team Flare grunt and her Gulpin with my Fletchinder at Glittering Cave and then I used my Roselia against her Electrike. I defeated Electrike with Mega Drain attacks and then I encountered a wild Ferroseed and caught that, then I battled two Team Flare grunts and I teamed up with Calem to battle them. We defeated their Scraggy and Croagunk with our Pokemon, then we finally spotted the fossil researcher in the middle of the cave. I spoke to him and he offered me either the Jaw Fossil or the Sail Fossil and I chose to take the Jaw Fossil this time. I then sashayed out of Glittering Cave and went back to Ambrette Town and visited the local Fossil Lab to revive my Jaw Fossil into Tyrunt.

Aquarelle

Staff member
This afternoon, I played Y for a while in order to breed for a Gible to send to my Omega Ruby. I wanted a Gible with Rough Skin, so I had to breed for it on Y since my OR Garchomp doesn't have its Hidden Ability. Anyway, I went over to the Day Care and obtained a bunch of eggs and hatched them. It took a little while, but I eventually hatched the perfect Gible. I then decided to EV train it on this game and to train it a bit. I went through the Elite Four again for training and managed to get Gible to evolve into Gabite. Once all that was done, I sent my Gabite to my OR game.

Aside from that, I won another PP Up at the lottery. Also, I found some berries on the ground while walking around Kalos when I was hatching eggs.

Finally got what I needed through breeding. A 5iv Skarmory and a 5iv jolly Gible with luxury ball and ha. So, just training them right now

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Trying to catch up my Y Kalos dexes to my X ones, one is nearly complete in X but the other two require trade evo and stone evo pokes that I don't have and can't seem to find reasonable trades for on the GTS. I need a second 3DS for the trade evos and I don't have one. I would have played more in Y last night but it was 3 am by the time I got my Poke Transferring and Banking done for White and White 2 evo stone pokes.

Lorde

I finally left Ambrette Town and went to Route 8. Once at the shore, I fished for wild Pokemon, then I battled for more experience since I wanted to level up my new Tyrunt. I then encountered a chick by the coast who gave me the Dowsing Machine key item. I quickly used it and searched around the sand for hidden items and I found a Rare Candy, an Ultra Ball, a Stardust, and a Heart Scale as I searched. I then battled against a Fisherman and his Water-types, a female Swimmer and her Wingull and Psyduck, and a couple more trainers to level up my darlings. I healed my Pokemon at the Ambrette Town Pokemon Center next and I skated further north at Route 8 until I arrived at Cyllage City. I saved my game there.

ryanthehuman

Trying to catch up my Y Kalos dexes to my X ones, one is nearly complete in X but the other two require trade evo and stone evo pokes that I don't have and can't seem to find reasonable trades for on the GTS. I need a second 3DS for the trade evos and I don't have one. I would have played more in Y last night but it was 3 am by the time I got my Poke Transferring and Banking done for White and White 2 evo stone pokes.

I got all of the trade evo Pokemon by catching a bunch of Politoed at Route 18/Huntail at Route 12 and putting them on the GTS. A lot of people don't seem to realise that you can catch them in-game (or can't be bothered because of their low encounter rate) and trade for them. That's how I completed my live dex. Also got two shiny Octillery and a shiny Whiscash because chain fishing!

Edit: Speaking of which, I've been going all out with chain fishing since I've gotten the shiny charm. In just two days I've caught Clauncher, two Remoraid, Relicanth, Qwilfish, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Goldeen. I've now got over a half a box of Kalos shines with the shinies I encountered before the shiny charm (Druddigon, Skorupi, Inkay, Skiddo (RE), Luvdisc, Magikarp, Poliwag, two Octillery, Whiscash (CF) and the event Beldum from the ORAS release.) I've had mad luck this generation and I haven't even touched the Pokeradar yet. Awesome.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

Restarted my X file the other day, and decided to start off with Froakie this time. Went through the early annoyance of having to interact with my "friends", and eventually made it to Route 2 where I added Fletchling to my team. I added a Weedle and Scatterbug for my Pokedex, but neither likely make the final team. Santalune Forest really wasn't much of a challenge, especially when my Pokemon were getting healed for free. Debating about whether or not taking the time to look for a Pikachu for my team temporarily. After wandering around Santalune Forest, I made it to Santalune City and getting ready for my first gym.

I have been trying to breed my HA dragonair for a 5iv, ha, and luxury ball dartini. I am almost there, but just can't seem to get the 5th iv i need in ATK and change the SATK to SDEF. Something tells me that I will have to start the whole process over again. Oh, don't know if I mentioned this before, but while breeding my Gible for a 5iv gible, i hatched a 3iv ha shiny Gible. Wasn't expecting that all...wish it was a Skarmory instead. Trying to complete my dex by capturing or breeding all the base shiny forms (excluding shiny legendaries)

Lorde

So I showed up in Cyllage City and I skipped to a house near a Black Belt and I received the Sachet item next from a person in the kitchen there. I headed back out to explore Cyllage City some more and I skated north and I visited the Cyllage City Pokemon Center. I healed my team and changed clothes in the changing room, then bought items before I went out to the Bike Shop. I spoke to the manager of the shop and I answered his questions correctly and got a Bicycle there. Afterwards, I visited another building and spoke to a woman inside who offered to massage one of my Pokemon, which would increase happiness. I went back outside after doing that and I bought a Soda Pop north of the Pokemon Center and saved.

Finally hatched a 5IV Dartini with its HA, in a luxury ball with extreme speed. Finally achieved it by using a 3iv Dartini and 3iv ditto....what pure luck. Now time to train it.

Kalosian

So long
Since near the beginning of this month, I have been resetting for a Zapdos with good IVs and a good Nature on Y. After how long it took me to get a Zygarde that I could be satisfied with, I feared that Zapdos would also take really long to get. But I was somewhat wrong regarding that. Today, I got a Bold Zapdos with IVs of 31/8/30/31/31/31. This is my new best reset in terms of IVs, and if that wasn't enough, it also has Hidden Power Ice, which is the best possible type for it. I am so happy about getting it that I can't put it down in words. Getting it has made my day, week, and month. It took a total of 260 resets to get which is almost exactly half of what Zygarde took, so this is the second longest number of resets a legendary has taken me so far. Like with Zygarde, I haven't done as many resets as I would have wanted to do since I have been low on motivation, resetting for legendaries is not one of my favorite things in the games. But it doesn't matter now, it is over and I can move on. Left the Sea Spirit's Den, will likely never return since there is nothing more to do there. Now I have caught 3 out of 4 legendaries in the game, there is only one left which is Mewtwo. So I will continue with it next. But first, I need to do a few preparations, which should hopefully not take too long to get done. Will start on them tomorrow.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Caught a beautiful Shiny female HA Dusclops in one of my Ghost safaris in Y about ten minutes ago. I named her Ruby because she's red-ish brown and I've wanted a Shiny Dusclops forever. I was Dex naving them at Mt. Pyre in my ORAS games but apparently after 40 Duskulls no Shiny appeared so I left. I also caught a Gorebyss and traded it for a Huntail on the GTS. Have yet to look for a Politoed since you can't fish on Route 18 (the ground is too high). That only leaves the other trade evos of Rhyperior, Dusknoir (it will be my Ruby once I get my hands on another 3DS to trade with). Got an Alakazam for my other female HA Dusclops today also my precious Shiny will help me forgive trading her away.

Lorde

So next I met Grant in Cyllage City and got the Strength HM, then I skated up the bicycle path to the other entrance to Connecting Cave. Since I couldn't use Strength to push a boulder inside of there, I simply headed back outside and I went back down to the main part of Cyllage City. Since my roster was not leveled up as good as I wanted, I sashayed over to Route 10 to train my Pokemon some more. I skated across a bridge and I arrived at Menhir Trail and I found an Iapapa Berry on the ground near a berry tree. I then encountered some Psychic and I battled them. Roselia slayed their Solosis and then I battled against a Tourist as well and I beat her Skiploom with Fletchinder and her Dunsparce with Frogadier.

Kalosian

So long
Been doing some things for the past few days, preparations for the final legendary I have left to catch on Y. Started by giving one of my Staraptor a Pomeg Berry which reduced its HP by 2 points, which was just what I wanted. Did a small bit of Super Training with it afterwards to give it back the lost 10 EVs, but added them in Speed instead. With that done, one of the Pokemon I needed was ready. Now I just had to get the other one as well. Started by going to a Friend Safari where I caught a Timid Ditto. Gave it an Everstone and left it at the Day-Care with an Abra. Hatched a Timid Abra, gave it the Everstone. Left it at the Day-Care together with another Ditto with a perfect IV in Speed, holding a Power Anklet. Hatched a Timid Abra with a perfect IV in Speed, which is the second Pokemon I need.

Infected it with Pokerus, then I EV-trained it using Vitamins, Hordes and Super Training, it went very fast. With that done, I could get started on the real training. Started by battling weak trainers at the Battle Chateau as well as wild Pokemon at Route 7. It quickly grew to level 16 and evolved into Kadabra. Did a trade with X to evolve it into Alakazam. Then I continued training it at the Battle Chateau, battled many trainers, used my Mega squad as backups since they need some training too, and the final party member became one member of my Pickup squad. In the end, I got Alakazam to level 60 so it is almost done, will finish it tomorrow.

Ketaru

Now that I'm finished EV training Froslass, Bulbasaur, and Horsea with Super Training, I'm taking them for a journey around the Kalos region. Although they are eventually going to be traded to my ORAS game, I still prefer Kalos to Hoenn. ORAS, being a remake, is still reflects an older generation Pokémon game in design. Kalos is simply more vibrant by comparison, so I prefer Kalos. Started out at Vaniville, and called it a day in Camphrier Town. While stopping by Lumiose City, I made some money on the side at Hotel Richissime.

Also using GTS to fill up the Pokédex some more, uploading Pokémon with offbeat GTS comments like:
"lolDRG"
"Swooping is bad..."
"No hetero."
"Cthulhu fhtagn..."

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Continued with training Alakazam. Got it to level 65 quickly, which was the level I wanted to get it to. It now has the Speed stat that I want it to have, so that's great. With it done, the two Pokemon I needed for the final legendary were now complete. I also got my Mega squad to level 60-61 while training Alakazam which was great as they also needed some training, though I will need to train them a bit more in the future. Anyway, with Alakazam done, I could move on to resetting for the final legendary in this game, which is Mewtwo. Flew to Snowbelle and made my party consist of the Pokemon I need for it. Then I headed down through Route 20 and out to the Pokemon Village, entered the Unknown Dungeon at the end. Started resetting for Mewtwo. Have obviously not gotten one that is good enough yet, will continue until I get one. Being forced to watch the cutscene before interacting every time with it is a little annoying, but I can live with it. The captures (when it is good enough to be caught) at least go very fast compared to Zygarde and Zapdos, so that's at least something positive. As usual, I hope it doesn't take too long until I get a good one but it's impossible to know how long it will take.

Lorde

As I resumed exploring Route 10, I encountered and slayed several more trainers and I arrived at the central part of the road with the stones pillars. I then skated casually through the flowers and I encountered several wild Pokemon and I captured a Snubbull, a Golett, and Hawlucha, then I battled various other Pokemon for experience as well. I also found a Thunder Stone and then I battled another Psychic to the north and I defeated his Meditite and Kirlia with my Fletchinder and Frogadier. I explored the yellow flowers to the south of Route 10 next and caught more wild Pokemon including a Sigilyph and Eevee there. I then headed back south to Cyllage City and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center.

Ketaru

A traveler in Cyllage City just gave me a Strange Souvenir. I could have sworn I explored Kalos pretty thoroughly the second time around. But it seems, even after two tours, there are still things to find. Not from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos, eh?