• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So after beating all the Gym trainers inside the Cyllage City Gym, I battled against Grant. Grant used his Amaura first and I used my Litleo. I attacked Amaura with Litleo's Fire Fang attacks, which did damage and eventually clobbered Amaura. Grant then sent out his Tyrunt afterwards and I switched to my Roselia next. I attacked Tyrunt with Mega Drain and although that quite a bit of damage, Tyrunt endured the attack. I had to endure its counter attack and then I attacked it with my Roselia's Magical Leaf attack, which secured my victory. After I beat Gym Leader Grant, I won the Cliff Badge and the Rock Tomb TM from him. I then slid down a slide thing and I rushed over to the Cyllage Gym's exit and saved.

Takeshii

Since near the beginning of this month, I have been resetting for a Zapdos with good IVs and a good Nature on Y. After how long it took me to get a Zygarde that I could be satisfied with, I feared that Zapdos would also take really long to get. But I was somewhat wrong regarding that. Today, I got a Bold Zapdos with IVs of 31/8/30/31/31/31. This is my new best reset in terms of IVs, and if that wasn't enough, it also has Hidden Power Ice, which is the best possible type for it. I am so happy about getting it that I can't put it down in words. Getting it has made my day, week, and month. It took a total of 260 resets to get which is almost exactly half of what Zygarde took, so this is the second longest number of resets a legendary has taken me so far. Like with Zygarde, I haven't done as many resets as I would have wanted to do since I have been low on motivation, resetting for legendaries is not one of my favorite things in the games. But it doesn't matter now, it is over and I can move on. Left the Sea Spirit's Den, will likely never return since there is nothing more to do there. Now I have caught 3 out of 4 legendaries in the game, there is only one left which is Mewtwo. So I will continue with it next. But first, I need to do a few preparations, which should hopefully not take too long to get done. Will start on them tomorrow.
Are you SR'ing because you plan to use them competitively? The only reason I see for SR'ing is when you want to get a shiny instead.

Lorde

So I finally stepped into the quaint little Geosenge Town and ran to the PC and I healed my Pokemon. I then gossiped with some old guy inside the lobby and I got the Payback TM from him. I soon went out of the Pokemon Center after changing my clothes at the changing room and visited the local hotel and I saw Mr. Bonding and obtained a new O-Power from him. I quickly dashed through Geosenge Town some more and I then got items like an Everstone, Soft Sand, and a Timer Ball as I skated around Geosenge Town. Afterwards I headed further north and spotted another Team Flare grunt and he spoke about the rock pillars around Geosenge Town and then my boyfriend Calem showed up and we chatted a bit.

Kalosian

So long
For around a week now, I have been resetting for a Mewtwo with a useful nature and good IVs on Y. Today, I got one that was good enough. It is Timid with IVs of 31/11/31/29/29/31. It is not perfect like the three Mewtwo I have caught on HG/SS but it is still good enough for me so I kept it. Getting it took me a total of 372 tries which makes it my second longest reset so far, though it is unlikely that I will reset for any more legendaries in other games in the near future (mostly since I have none left from all the games that I own) so it is likely going to stay at second place for a while now, but probably not forever.

Either way, after catching it, I picked up the Mewtwonite Y, which was the last Mega Stone I had left to obtain in this game. Left the Unknown Dungeon and the Pokemon Village afterwards, it is unlikely that I'll ever return to either of them since there is nothing more left for me to do in either of these places. I have now caught all legendaries in both games, so that is one more thing I wanted to have done which is now completed, and I'm happy about that. But I have a few other things left to do in these games, will start with doing a few small things here in Y next.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Hatched a Buizel and two Spearows in Y, currently trying to hatch a Natu for Dex filling. I have almost all of them in the three Dexes in Y which is nice, except for a few like those three in the Costal Kalos dex that appear after Dragonite, not sure what they are...unless it's the Sinnoh trio.

Kalosian

So long
Did four things on Y today. First of all, since I had caught Mewtwo yesterday, I Mega Evolved it today. This was so I could add its Mega form to my Pokedex, the last one I had left to add that I am able to add with the Mega Stones I have and can obtain on this game. I think Mega Mewtwo Y looks really cool, definitely one of my favorite Megas. Its shiny form also looks incredible. After that, I went to the Berry Field on Route 7 and planted a ton of berries. There are several berries I want to get more of so I started on that now, will let them grow and harvest them when they get done. The first ones should be done tomorrow but the rest will take a longer time to get done. Doesn't really matter though because I will be doing other times while the berries are growing, so I won't have to wait for them to be done.

The third thing I did was to recieve the Event Gengar I have had on this game since late last year. Since I didn't feel like resetting for a good one, I just decided to obtain it today. The benefits of Sludge Wave feel minimal, and I already have a good Gengar which is also shiny so there was no need to try and get a better one. Finally, the fourth thing I did was to start (or rather continue) training my Mega Squad. They were at level 60-61 when I started today, and I got them to level 65-66 by battling several trainers at the Battle Chateau. My goal is to get them to level 80 so I don't have that much left regarding them but I will probably take it rather slowly since I have no reason to rush anything as long as my berries are still growing. Have planned to try training them at one of the restaurants once they hit level 70, will see when that happens. Probably in a day or two.

Decided to do some MMing for a shiny Charmander and finally got one after 4 eggs. Well, technically I started to MMing for a shiny charmander in which I hatched over 150+ eggs with failure. But I guess it doesn't matter. Just currently trying to evolve my shinies to fill a "shiny" dex, but this will probably take forever....going to exclude the legendaries. Now I'm thinking about cataching some dittos from my fs and send one of my japanese dittos over to ORAS so I can breed on there as well.

Lorde

So my good pal Calem left me alone after asking about Team Flare, then I left as well and skated over to Route 11. As I walked, I saw Gym Leader Korrina again before leaving Geosenge Town and I battled her next. I used my Fletchinder against her first Lucario and I defeated it with a Flame Charge attack. I then switched out to my Frogadier in order to battle Korrina's second Lucario and I defeated it as well. Korrina went back to Shalour City and I walked into Route 11 after I healed my darlings at the Geosenge Town Pokemon Center. Once I had arrived at Route 11, I picked up a Berry off the ground and I battled against a Psychic nearby. I defeated his Solosis and Sigilyph with Frogadier and then saved.

Kalosian

So long
Some of my berries had finished growing today, so I harvested them. There are still a lot more growing though, the next batch will be done tomorrow but there are some others which will take a somewhat longer time before they are done. I have also continued training my Mega squad. Started by getting them all to level 70 by battling trainers at the Battle Chateau. Then I went to Lumiose and to Restaurant Le Wow, used a level 3 Exp. O-Power and ordered the Triple Battle meal. Beat all trainers easily and within the set number of turns, got a lot of training and 25 Balm Mushrooms this way. Sold the Mushrooms afterwards, which gave me back more money than I had spent. Then I went back to the Battle Chateau and battled some more trainers. All of this got the squad to level 74, so there is not that much left on their training. Will continue with the training and the berries tomorrow.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
I decided to restart my X today. After being a dedicated breeder, matching Pokemon to their pokeballs and having things with the right natures, I find it hard to look at my pokemon summary.

Kalosian

So long
A large amount of the berries I had planted were done today, so I harvested them and got many new berries. Some others are still growing though. And I planted some new ones as well since I still have a few more left that I need to get. But all should be done rather soon. Also continued training the Mega squad. Went to the Le Wow and ordered the Triple Battle meal once more, then I battled some trainers at the Battle Chateau. And that was enough to get all four to level 80, so they are now done and can be put to rest for the moment. Apart from that, my Gourgeist also picked up a Leftovers today, the second one I have found, which is pretty cool. Next up, while waiting for my remaining berries to be done, I am going to do some breeding. Don't think I will breed that many Pokemon, but at least one, maybe more if I feel like it. Will start on that tomorrow.

Lorde

So I finally visited Reflection Cave and I found a Moon Stone as I walked around after slaying some Battle Girl. I also battled more wild Pokemon and caught a wild Carbink, Sableye, and Mr. Mime, then a Woobat dropped from the cave's ceiling and I caught that too. As I moved past one of the shiny walls, I spotted an Ace Trainer and I battled against her. I beat her Doduo with Raichu, her Granbull with my Frogadier, and her Helioptile with my Roselia. I headed down some stairs next and healed my Pokemon after speaking to a Pokemon Breeder, then I battled a Tourist trainer and picked up a few items for my Bag. I soon saw my pal Tierno again and I got the Flash TM from him. I then battled a few more trainers.

Kalosian

So long
None of my berries were done today, but I expect all of them to have finished growing tomorrow. Instead of focusing on them, I got started on the breeding. First of all, I went out to Route 18 and caught a Pupitar. Gave it a Destiny Knot and left it at the Day-Care with my Adamant Ditto, holding an Everstone. Started hatching eggs, switched the parent once along the way, and ended up with a Female Adamant Larvitar with perfect IVs in 4 desired stats. Kept it for now. Looked around in my boxes for three monster-like Pokemon that I need for the next step, found them easily. Gave a Power Anklet to the Ditto and left it at the Day-Care with a Rampardos. Hatched five Cranidos, all were male, I kept one with 3 perfect IVs in desired stats and a Nature that might be useful in the future. Continued by giving the Destiny Knot to a Tyrantrum and leaving it at the Day-Care with the Ditto. Hatched five Male Tyrunt, one of them had 4 perfect IVs in desired stats so I kept it. Decided to take a break there for today, will continue tomorrow.

Ketaru

I've been promoted. Hotel Richissime will now be paying me 50K per job. I wonder what's up with the economy in Pokemon World. The amount of money they can pay a per diem employee doing entry level work is enough to buy a great deal of Pokemon training supplies, as well as food items.

Last edited:

Lorde

So next I healed my injured Pokemon at the Shalour City Pokemon Center and got another O-Power from Mr. Bonding. I also shopped at the Mart section of the Pokemon Center and I purchased useful items. I then headed out of the Pokemon Center and I visited some more places of interest around Shalour City and I received the Eviolite item inside of one of the local homes there and then I spotted my friends Tierno and Trevor again. We compared Pokedexes with each other and we gossiped and then I was told to visit the Tower of Mastery north of the city since the Mega Evolution Guru that Professor Sycamore spoke about resided inside there. I headed north of the city and saved as I approached the shoreline.

Kalosian

So long
All of my remaining berries had finished growing today, so I harvested them. I now have more than 20 of each non-event berry that is availabile in this game, just like I do in X, so I will not plant any more berries for now. Probably not in the future either as I can't see any reason as for why I would do so. While I am done with the berries, I still have quite a bit left on the breeding, so I will continue on that. Didn't do much today, but a little bit of progress if anything. Started by going to the Battle Chateau. I trained Cranidos and Tyrunt a bit, Cranidos to level 10 so it learned Pursuit, and Tyrunt to level 15 so it learned Stealth Rock. Went back to the Day-Care, gave a Destiny Knot to the Cranidos and an Everstone to the Larvitar I hatched yesterday, then I left them there. Hatched some eggs and decided to keep a Female Adamant Larvitar with 3 perfect IVs in desired stats. It also knew Pursuit as an Egg move. Trained it a little at the Battle Chateau, then I gave it the Everstone and left it at the Day-Care with the Tyrunt, holding a Destiny Knot. Hatched some eggs from them and kept another Female Adamant Larvitar with 3 perfect IVs in desired stats, which is not optimal but it will have to do for now. It also has Pursuit and Stealth Rock as egg moves, which I wanted. Keeping it for now, going to continue with another part of the breeding project tomorrow.

Lorde

So as I skated ahead towards the Tower of Mastery, Tierno and Trevor stopped me again and I obtained the Intriguing Stone from Tierno, which he had wrongly thought was a Mega Stone. I cackled. Anyway, I continued skating north along the narrow path of land and used my Dowsing Machine to see if I could find hidden treasures in the sand. As I arrived at the Tower of Mastery building, I saw the huge Lucario monument at the entrance hall and then I entered a room straight ahead and I encountered my friend Korrina again and the Mega Evolution guru as well. Tierno and Trevor arrived as well and after speaking to the guru person, we got confirmation that the Intriguing Stone wasn't really a Mega Stone, as I knew.

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the breeding. Withdrew a Jolly Ditto and gave it an Everstone, left it at the Day-Care with a Haxorus. Started hatching eggs and got several Jolly Axew, kept one with 2 perfect IVs in desired stats. Gave it the Everstone and left it at the Day-Care with my Adamant Ditto, holding a Destiny Knot. On the very first egg, I got what I wanted in the form of a Male Jolly Physically Flawless Axew. Really didn't expect to get it so fast. Gave it the Lucky Egg, changed my party a bit, then I went to the Battle Chateau. Battled a few trainers here, Axew grew to level 32 and learned Dragon Dance. Also had the Larvitar in my party during the process, it got quite a bit of training this way. Next up, I will continue with the breeding by using these two as parents.

Lorde

Next I dashed to the Shalour City Gym. Once inside, I had to skate through the layout and I soon spotted a few of Korrina's Gym trainers that I had to battle against in order for Korrina's location to become accessible to me. I defeated the first Gym trainer's Fighting Pokemon using Fletchinder's Aerial Ace attacks, then I used Roselia against the second Gym trainer. I then defeated two more trainers next, and once that was done, the path that led to Korrina's location at the middle of the Shalour Gym was finally complete so that I could battle her. I had to exit to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center though, and after buying Super Potions, I returned to the Shalour City Gym and I saved before battling Korrina.