• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

I finally completed my grinding on Y version today, after being distracted all week by the SGDQ stream-a-thon. I ended up swapping out my HA Meowstic for a HA Sylveon, which was harder to train due to not getting the traded EXP bonus like the rest of my Pokémon did. In spite of that, however, I got it all done. I still have eight Pokémon to level up in X version, but my next project is going back to OR and grinding an Electivire to Lv.100.

EDIT: I had wanted to breed a Drought Vulpix from the one on my AS and raise it on Y, but I totally forgot to do the breeding! Anyway, I got it done super-quickly on the very first egg, so it's back to Le Wow on Y again! x'P

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I started working on getting Articuno to go to the Sea Spirit's Den. I spent some time looking for it on Route 4 by going back and forth between that route and Santalune City. I was pretty lucky and was able to encounter Articuno four times. After that, I didn't feel like finding it again today, so I then decided to head into Lumiose City to do other things. I walked around the city for a while and eventually found the Looker Bureau. Inside, I talked to Looker, who told me to go around the city and find some Looker Tickets. So, I visited several places throughout Lumiose and found the tickets without any problems.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Continued working on completing the Kalos Dex on X today. Brought over Purrloin, Liepard, and Wigglytuff from Pokemon Black to complete those entries. In addition, I bred a bunch of fully evolved Pokemon - such as Quagsire, Hariyama, Floatzel, Tyrannitar, Ariados, and Fearow - so I could get their first stage's Dex entries. Caught Smoochum, evolved Lickitung into Lickilicky, and evolved Litwick into Lampent.

3 Pokemon left - I'm so close to completing it and getting the Oval Charm. Spritizee, Gorebyss, and Yveltal are the ones that are left. If anyone has Pokemon Y and is willing to help me in getting the first two (and the dex entry for the third), please let me know :)

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Once I finished the first Looker mission, I flew back to Couriway Town. I headed up to Route 18 and soon entered Terminus Cave again. After walking around for a little while, I reached Zygarde's chamber and went inside. I checked out every part of the room and found the Griseous, Lustrous, and Adamant Orbs, as well as a Big Nugget. Then, I saved in front of Zygarde and battled it. I slowly weakened it, first with my Seviper, then with my Fearow after Seviper fainted. Once I got Zygarde's HP as low as possible, I started tossing Dusk Balls and caught it pretty quickly. I then made my way back outside.

I got my Drought Ninetales up to Lv.100 blazingly fast with the EXP Point O-Power Lv.3 and a Lucky Egg. Her Sp.Atk still blows, but I don't care, because I'm FINALLY done grinding in Y, OR, and AS! YAAAAAY!!! Now comes the final--and longest--leg of my journey: the eight-Pokémon Le Wow grind on X. I think I'll take a break from it and play some Bravely Default instead. I wanna get myself hyped for Bravely Second this Spring!

Veneno

It has been awhile since my last post in the thread. Last time that I had posted, I was about to take on Clemont.

Since then, my team and I defeated all of the other gym leaders. I used my Gabite with a sprinkle of Gogoat to defeat the Lumiose Gym. For the Laverre Gym, I used Delphox who singlehandedly won me my sixth gym badge. For the seventh gym, I mainly used Weavile with some Delphox mixed in. I must say that I really love the look of the Anistar Gym. If I had to pick eight of my favorite gyms in the entire Pokemon series, this gym would definitely be one of them. And finally for the last gym, I used Lucario along with Sylveon in the Snowbelle Gym.

The Team Flare story plot was a lot of fun to play through again. I mixed around the team and who to use for each battle. For the battle with Xerneas, I started off with Dedenne who used Super Fang twice as Xerneas used Geomancy. Before Dedenne fainted, I used Nuzzle to hit Xerneas a little more as well as paralyze it. After Dedenne did her share, I brought out Blastoise as he has shown throughout this journey that he could take the most hits on the team. I used my first ultra ball and Xerneas was caught! After completing the Team Flare plot, I GTS traded it for a Yveltal since I had another Xerneas from the previous playthrough.

Just yesterday, I traveled through Victory Road. Because they were a higher level than the others, I boxed Dedenne and Sylveon for Garchomp and Tropius (HM Slave just in case since I forgot if I needed HMs). When I arrived at the Pokemon League, I tossed around some ideas over which six to bring. Eventually, I settled on the original team of Delphox, Blastoise, Gogoat, Sylveon, Dedenne, and Lucario. I entered the Blaze Chamber first and took down Malva with Blastoise. Next I went to the Flood Chamber and battled Siebold with Dedenne and Gogoat. Then I headed for the Ironworks Chamber and used Delphox. And finally, I entered the Dragonmark Chamber and battled Drasna with Lucario and Sylveon. For the final battle, I lead with Dedenne and from there, I let each of my Pokemon battle one of Diantha's Pokemon. And at last, we became league champions!

With this team becoming league champions, I decided to send the team as well as Weavile, Garchomp, and all of my wonder traded Pokemon to the Bank so that I can restart the game. The team that I am planning to use this time will look quite familar haha.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
After deciding to go ahead and try finishing the Kalos Dex (seeing all the Pokemon in the Kalos region), I went ahead and drew up a list of Pokemon I need.

After over a week of trade-evolving, dex entry back-and-forth trades, breeding, and help from some kind folks here, I finally completed the Kalos Dex and got the Oval Charm! Thank you to all of those who helped me - I deeply appreciate you folks for helping me out. (Big thanks to Refia for helping me get the last 2 Pokemon I needed - trade-evolving a Gorebyss and temporarily lending me her Yveltal for its dex entry.

Last look at the National Dex tells me I need to look for 304 more Pokemon to get all 720. At this point, I'm not sure if I want to pursue completing the entire National Dex (and get the Shiny Charm) due to the massive time commitment involved to put everything together.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After finishing with Zygarde, I decided to go look for Articuno some more. I flew back to Santalune City and began searching on Route 4 again. I found it 3 more times in the space of a few minutes. At that point, I went back into Santalune to buy some more repels and was about to go do something else. But then, I figured I should just find Articuno a few more times to get it to go to the Sea Spirit's Den. So, I went back to Route 4 and did just that.

Next, I returned to Coumarine City and made my way over to Route 12. I then reached Azure Bay and Surfed around until landing right in front of the Sea Spirit's Den. I saved and then entered to fight Articuno.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Managed to successfully breed a HA Adamant 3IV Shroomish (with Spore and Seed Bomb) as well as a non-HA Modest 3IV Fennekin today for my Pokemon Y in-game completion team. Once they were successfully bred, brought over the Wartortle from Y, then gathered HA Eevee, HA Shroomish, Wartortle, and Fennekin together and EV trained them in Super Training until they were fully trained. I also taught those mons some TM moves, and got Hyper Voice for Eevee through the Battle Resort Move Tutor in ORAS.

Afterwards, went to Battle Chateau and had them leech EXP via EXP share, and pretty soon they were racking up levels quickly. Eevee and Fennekin were the first to evolve, evolving into Sylveon and Braixen, respectively. Shroomish later evolved into Breloom. Once that was done, I transferred all of them (including Wartortle) back to Y via Pokemon Bank.

Let me just say that HA Sylveon and HA Breloom are incredibly amazing at how they are set up right now. Also, the Braixen I bred is miles ahead of the one I got as a starter Pokemon in terms of stats. Can't wait to use them to complete Pokemon Y and experience the different play style that I'm going to try in this completion run. In fact, if things get a bit too fast paced I might have to temporarily disable EXP share to avoid things from spiraling out of control.

Next up: Doing SR too many times to count in an attempt to get a 2IV (SpAtk/Speed) Timid nature event Shiny Gengar that I redeemed almost a year ago, but haven't picked up yet in Y. And trying to find a bred Jolly or Adamant Bagon with 3-4 IVs to boot to round my Y team off.

Last edited:

Veneno

With all of my Pokemon moved to the bank, I restarted my game. I chose a male character and named him Cow. When I finished creating my character, I found myself sleeping in my room until I was woken up by my mother's Fletchling! Following this, I changed my clothes and walked downstairs to meet my mom. After leaving the home, I met Serena and Shauna who told me to meet up with them and the group at Aquacorde Town. I met up with everyone and I told them to call me "King" as a nickname. Then, Tierno offered me one of the threee starter Pokemon! I decided to take Froakie as my starter Pokemon! I had to reset a few times for a Modest Froakie. Honestly I wanted to breed for a Protean Froakie later but I really like using the first Pokemon that you are given so I just settled for the normal Froakie. While walking back home to meet with my mother, Shauna challenged me to a battle with her Fennekin! Two bubbles did it and we won our first Pokemon battle! I made it home and gave the letter to my mom and after saying good bye to her and her Rhyhorn, my journey was about to begin!

I trained Froakie to level 10 on Route 2 prior to meeting up with Serena and Shauna. After Froakie leveled, Serena taught me how to capture a Pokemon. After being taught how to capture a Pokemon, I made my way for Santalune Forest where Shauna accompanied me. I wanted to hurry out of the forest because I wanted to make it to the Pokemon Center as soon as I can, so I avoided as many battles as I could. After meeting the group at the end of Santalune Forest, we all shared our goals with each other and went our separate ways. I walked over to the Pokemon Center where I met up with Tierno who informed me of Pokemon Centers. After this, I saved the game and went to my Pokemon Bank to pick up a future member of my team and two Ralts. Both Ralts have Synchronize and one is Modest while the other is Adamant. Going back into my game, I kept the future member in my box and put both Ralts into my party.

After this, I walked back to Santalune Forest with my Adamant Ralts leading as I searched for a Fletchling. Eventually I found and captured the second member of my team! I trained Fletchling to level 11 in Santalune Forest before I went back to Santalune City. I met up with a skater blocking the gym door and defeated her Zigzagoon to win a brand new pair of skates! After this, I went to Route 22 to train Froakie and made my way to the gym, where Fletchling OHKO'ed everything but Viola's Vivillion. However her second Peck attack was a critical hit and Vivillion fainted, earning me my first gym badge! Leaving Santalune Gym, I ran into Viola's sister, Alexa, who gave me an EXP Share! As I traveled through Route 4, I met up with two Sycamore assistants named Sina and Dexio. They showed me the way to Lumiose City and to Sycamore's lab and I saved as I prepared to take on Professor Sycamore.

Team:
Frogadier Lv 18
Fletchinder Lv 17
Ralts Lv 12
Ralts Lv 12

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
After successfully breeding a 3IV HA Breloom yesterday, I had second thoughts, looked up STAB and Technican-boosted Bullet Seed, and realized how damn potent that move was (at 2 hits, its slightly weaker than STAB Seed Bomb at 112.5 total base power. 3 hits at 168.75 total base power overpowers STAB Seed Bomb completely. 5 hits with a total base power of 286.25 makes this move incredibly deadly and brutal to those on the receiving end). With that said, back to the drawing board.

And after some experimentation involving passing down Bullet Seed to the offspring (didn't realize beforehand that one parent is enough for Bullet Seed to pass down to its offspring in all cases, not just in introduction cases), now I have to re-raise and re-level one of my HA Shroomish offspring to Level 40 (Level 39 before porting it over to ORAS), have it learn Spore, evolve it, then breed with my original male non-HA 3IV Breloom once more so its offspring can have its 3IV, HA, Bullet Seed, Spore, and Seed Bomb.

Unfortunately, the Skiploom that I used to introduce Bullet Seed into my Shroomishes has 0 IVs in Defense. Le sigh. I'm hoping that the male non-HA Breloom (which has perfect IVs in Defense) can come in and cover for me when I can finally get a new breeding line going.

Last edited:

Veneno

I met up with Professor Sycamore and he wanted to battle! I led with Fletchinder and used Frogadier to battle his Squirtle and Charmander. After the battle, he offered to give me one of his starter Pokemon. I didn't plan on using the Kanto starters this time around but I just took Bulbasaur as he was the only starter that I did not obtain from Sycamore yet. When I went downstairs, I ran into a strange man named Lysandre who said that he had a dream of a beautiful world or whatever. After he left, Serena told me that she wanted to talk to me about something at a nearby cafe. At this cafe, we ran into Lysandre again as well as the champion of Kalos, Diantha! After the exchange with Serena, I departed for my next gym battle! Before leaving, I took a Goomy out of my bank and put the Goomy as well as my other Pokemon from before, a Slurpuff, into my party and deposited the Bulbasaur and Modest Ralts.

An angry Snorlax, rival battle vs Trevor and Tierno, and meet up with these weird guys who call themselves Team Flare later, I finally made it to Cyllage City. When I arrived, the first thing I did was head over to the Bike Shop where I obtained a free bicycle! After this, I put my Adamant Kirlia in the front of my party and walked over to Route 10 to find my next Pokemon. Eventually I found him- a Hawlucha! He gave me quite a battle but he will definitely be worth the trouble! I battled Grant's gym with Frogadier and a little of Goomy. One trainer's Relicanth gave my team much more trouble than Grant did. They didn't KO anyone but nobody was able to KO it easily and it's Yawn attack kept forcing me to switch because I didn't want to have anyone fall asleep. After awhile, Hawlucha took care of him and later worked with Goomy to earn me my second badge!

The Reflection Cave was definitely a struggle. It seemed like I ran into a Wobbuffet at every single turn which resulted in one of my Pokemon either fainting or losing most of their hit points. There was also a Battle Girl with a Throh and Hawlucha that took down a wide majority of my team. Frogadier and Hawlucha was at less than full health from the Wobbuffet. The most unlikely member of my team, Goomy, managed to save me from losing the battle. It was here where I realized that I may need to change the team around a little bit. We didn't run into any more problems but now at Shalour City, I am thinking of what to do in regards with my team. Previously, I was going for an Ash-like team with Slurpuff replacing Pikachu and Goodra rather than Noibat. To fill up that sixth spot, I took out a Bulbasaur from my Bank as the one I obtained from Professor Sycamore had a bad nature and trained it to level 30.

Team:
Ivysaur Level 30
Goomy Level 31
Hawlucha Level 29
Slurpuff Level 32
Fletchinder Level 33
Frogadier Level 34

Aquarelle

Staff member
Got into a battle with Articuno shortly after entering the Sea Spirit's Den. My Dedenne went up against it and used Thunder Wave to paralyze it. Next, Dedenne's Thunderbolt took off a huge chunk of Articuno's HP, and then I used Grass Knot to get it down to the red zone. Articuno didn't give Dedenne much trouble in battle. It used Ice Beam once or twice to take out quite a lot of Dedenne's HP, but then it just used Relfect a lot (and Hail once, but Dedenne still had enough health to survive the damage).

Catching Articuno wasn't that annoying, just took a few Dusk Balls. I headed back outside once it was caught, then returned to Coumarine City where I saved.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
After realizing that I could get free dex + ownership entries on my Pokemon X (and AS dexes) simply by using Pokemon Bank to do back-and-forth transfers of Pokemon in those two games, I went ahead and spent time doing those transfers.

As a result, my X dex count went up 47 to 617 total (and AS dex count went up 133 to 555 total) Not bad for spending 30 minutes on this.

Zealot

I wish I could do more things after beating the Kalos Pokemon League and completing the National Pokedex. All I've been doing is challenging the trainers in Battle Maison and it's getting boring. :/

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I flew back to Lumiose City. I headed back to the Looker Bureau, where I talked to Looker and started the next mission. For this case, I had to investigate the dark, scary alleys located throughout the city. I went to an alley located on South Boulevard first, where I found several children hanging out. I had to battle the kids and defeated them using my Seviper and Gogoat. At the end of the alleyway, Looker and I met a girl named Emma and her Espurr, Mimi. Mimi got scared and ran off, so I had to go track it down. I went to the alleys on North Boulevard, where I eventually befriended Mimi. After that, Looker invited Emma to stay at the bureau and the mission was complete.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
I finally got around to resume my progress in Pokemon Y. I quickly realized since the finalized team I assembled via breeding and trading (except the event shiny Gengar, which I haven't been able to SR the right IVs and natures yet) were incredibly overleveled and strong. Thus, keeping them on at this point would be no fun as they would likely steamroll over battles, encounters, and quests that I had to do before my next gym battle. A challenge was sorely needed. I decided to box them upon arrival to Ambrette Town and bring them back out when I got to Cyllage City.

-----------------

(from the female character's POV)

After going to Parfum Palace and finding some well-placed hidden items, I then went back to Route 7 and resumed my journey. Walking along the long route, I noticed Tierno and Trevor scurrying ahead of me once I reached certain points along the route. Then when I walked in front of the Battle Chateau, where Trevor told me what it was about. Intrigued, I went inside, where I was met by Duke Hennessy and Gym Leader Viola. Viola recommended me for the Battle Chateau with the starting rank of Baronness, in which the Duke concurred, noting that he sensed "extraordinary qualities" in me. Afterwards, they left, and I decided to battle all the trainers that were inside at that time. After some time, I defeated all the trainers and decided to leave. Before I left, the front door lady NPC stopped me and notified me that because of my exceptional performance, I was eligible for promotion in rank to Viscountess. With the promoted rank in hand and the wad of Pokedollars that I earned, I left.

After quick, yet spirited battles with Artists, I came upon the stairs near the entrance to the Connecting Cave, where I met up with my rival, Tierno, and Trevor. My rival challenged Tierno and Trevor to a Double Battle, asking me to be his partner. The battle started and I sent my Technician Breloom out as my lead, while my rival sent out Fletchling. The opposing duo sent out Corphish and Pikachu. Using Bullet Seed, my Breloom OHKOed the Corphish while Pikachu counterattacked Fletchling with an super-effective Thundershock. Knowing that Fletchling wasn't going to survive another hit, I put Pikachu to sleep with Spore, then switched out Breloom for Wartortle. After Fletchling took out Pikachu with Quick Attack, Trevor sent out Yellow Flower Flabebe, and both of us made quick work of it to win the Double Battle, to the disappointment of Tierno and Trevor.

Afterwards, I moved on forward and went through Connecting Cave. Encountered a Pokemon Breeder trainer and defeated her 4 Pokemon team in battle relatively quickly. I then healed up at the Scientist standing in the cave, and moved onto Route 8. "Ambushed" by Professor Sycamore's assistants, they then upgraded my Pokedex by adding the Coastal Kalos dex, allowing me to look up information about the Pokemon that I encounter on the coast. Exploring the area a bit and finding both visible and hidden items, I then moved south and encountered Rising Stars and a Black Belt, soundly defeating them in battle much to their disappointment. Afterwards, when I reached Ambrette Town, my rival stopped me and said that we should go visit the Fossil Lab. Afterwards, walked into the Pokemon Center, healed up, boxed my overleveled Pokemon, moved some Pokemon around, and saved.

Won over 10 battles and earned 40K Pokedollars in a day, which expanded my total Pokedollars by 5 times the original amount. Not bad.

-------------------

I decided to Bank some of my backup Pokemon over to X so I could upgrade their move pools by teaching them stronger moves and thus be able to hold their own a bit better. After those Pokemon received their upgraded move pools, I then Banked them back to Y and add them to my Y team for the time being.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Decided to go catch Mewtwo today. I flew back to Snowbelle City and headed over to Route 20. I wandered around the woods for a little while until reaching the Pokemon Village again. There, I went over to the entrance to the Unknown Dungeon and headed inside, where I found Mewtwo.

Took me several tries to catch Mewtwo. My first attempt failed when Mewtwo fainted after hitting itself in confusion caused by my Dedenne's Signal Beam. On my next try, it died when I accidentally had my Blastoise use Surf instead of Aura Sphere. My third try went better, though, as I was able to weaken Mewtwo to red HP without any problems. I successfully caught it after using about 16 Dusk Balls.

After catching Mewtwo, I found the Mewtwonite X. I then left the dungeon and flew back to Snowbelle.

ECM

So I finally decided to playthrough my download of Pokémon Y. I chose Chespin as my starter once more, and decided to something new, which is to try and catch every Pokémon in every route (catch em' all type thing but I'll worry about evolutions later) and the other new thing I'm trying is instead of just focusing on six pokémon for my team, I'm going to try and rotate between 9-12 Pokémon. Last time I played it was really easy, mainly due to the experience share, but instead of turning it off, I just want to try and raise more Pokémon? I'll see how that works out for me. Anyways, so I've caught all the Pokémon available up to route 4. I was actually able to get Butterfree, Beedrill, Vivillon and Fletchinder. When Vivillon was a Spewpa, it was a tremendous help in catching Pokémon. That stun spore, haha. Got to Lumiose and got a Charmander. I've never used Mega Charizard Y so that'll be a new experience. Even though it is fire/flying, I am still considering also using a Talonflame, but we'll see what I decide. As of right now my only concrete team members are Chespin and Charmander, but other Pokémon like Litleo and Flabébé are really sticking out to me. We'll see. I just really want to use a Jynx again. I love Jynx, haha. But that'll have to wait. Super excited for this run. I'll see if I can have every type represented in my team of Pokémon in rotation. That would probably be helpful. Oh yeah, I have been thinking of using a Vespiquen too. I love that thing.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Continued my adventures in Pokemon Y today. After another round of SRing and not getting the Gengar I wanted, I then treated myself to a complete wardrode change, getting a new shirt, pants, and hat appropriate for the weather in Cyllage City. (On a more serious note, I never got wardrobe changes when I did a playthrough of X, and wanted to add a bit of variety this time around). Afterwards, I decided to challenge the Cyllage Gym and brought along my Sylveon, Breloom, Wartortle, Bagon, and Braixen (all level 24).

Went inside the Gym, climbed the walls, and battled various Rising Stars and Hikers on my way to the top of the rock wall without much difficulty. All my Pokemon got to battle at least once against these trainers (except Braixen due to glaring type disadvantages). I also took this opportunity to use the Prize Money O-Power to cash in as much as possible. By the time I reached Grant, I was in relatively good shape, and challenged him to a Gym battle. Sent my lead Breloom against his Amaura first, but my Technician- and STAB-boosted Mach Punch made any resistance a mere dream in one's imagination, to put it very kindly. Tyrunt was next, and I decided to let Sylveon get down and dirty. A Pixilate Hyper Voice quickly dispatched the Royal Heir Pokemon very quickly, and I won myself the second gym badge and the TM for Rock Tomb. Plus a nice 12 grand in prize money thanks to O-Power and Amulet Coin.

Afterwards, since I was now allowed to use Strength outside of battle, I decided to clear some obstacles along the Connecting Cave and Route 8. Quickly pushed some boulders in Connecting Cave, making it fully accessible, and found the TM for Aerial Ace. Afterwards, I went to push that one boulder on the Route 8 cliff, and was rewarded with a Water Stone that I found on the other end. Then I passed through Ambrette Town once more to go back onto Route 8 to clear one more obstacle: a Sky Trainer that was on a cliff that I couldn't seem to challenge to a battle. After wandering around a bit, I finally located the spot where she verbally challenged me to a battle. Sent out my Fletchinder and made quick work of her Skiploom with Flame Charge, followed by a OHKO Acrobatics against her Swoobat.

Headed back to the Cyllage City Pokemon Center, walked in front of the Delivery Girl, and saved for the day.

On another note, on Pokemon X, I bred a box full of Moon Ball Ghastlies to see if I could get one to hatch Shiny via MM. Unfortunately, no Shinies hatched, but I hatched two desired 5IV ones, which was very nice.

Last edited: