• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I flew back to Lumiose City to do the next Looker mission. This time, I had to help out a tourist whose Pokemon was stolen by some gang members. I headed over to the train station in the northern part of the city and soon found Looker and the gang members there. I had to fight all the gangsters on my own since Looker didn't have any Pokemon, but fortunately they weren't too hard for my Seviper to take down. After that, everything worked out fine and we all lived happily every after~ =D

Anyway, once that mission was over I just returned to the Pokemon Center near the Prism Tower. I made sure my team was back at full health and then saved.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was looking for a shiny Swablu at Route 21 in my Y through the hordes. In the purple flowers was where I found the most Swablus and no luck today. Then I saved in the purple flowers.

Ketaru

Two season of Battlestar Galactica later, still no shiny Hoppip via Masuda method. I think this has been the longest I've tried getting a shiny this way. Does this Shiny Charm even work?

Meanwhile, over at Alpha Sapphire universe, I've been slowly working on filling the Pokédex via GTS trades. Should be done by the end of September at this rate.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So now I faced off against Gym Leader Viola inside the Santalune City Gym. Viola used Surskit first and my Fletchling thrashed it with Peck. Viola used Vivillon afterwards and my Pansear's Incinerate attacks defeated Vivillon. I won the Bug Badge and the Infestation TM from Viola, then I walked back through the art gallery and exited the Santalune Gym and dashed to the PC. I skated towards Route 4 after that and gossiped with Alexa, who gave me the Exp. Share. I then sashayed through Route 4 and caught a wild Ralts, Flabebe, and Budew as I wandered around through flower fields by the hedgerows. I soon arrived at Perle Fountain and thrashed several scattered trainers nearby and found Honey and saved.

TeamTurtle

my first breeding shiny and SO close to be competitive.

I am currently breeding for a 5IV fletchling (adamant nature, gale wings etc.) after a 20 eggs or so out pops a shiny fletchling. actually quite hard to spot that it was shiny.

rushed to Kiloude city for IV and perfect in HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef - sadly not speed and more damaging than that was the "big pecks" ability instead of gale wings! devastated!

Rolacka

my first breeding shiny and SO close to be competitive.

I am currently breeding for a 5IV fletchling (adamant nature, gale wings etc.) after a 20 eggs or so out pops a shiny fletchling. actually quite hard to spot that it was shiny.

rushed to Kiloude city for IV and perfect in HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef - sadly not speed and more damaging than that was the "big pecks" ability instead of gale wings! devastated!

Bad luck, but on the bright side, an almost perfect Talonflame to keep with you for breeding!

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
I finally SRed the Gengar I wanted - stats were very close to what I originally wanted in the first place, and the nature it had was a bit off but the desired increased stat bonus it needed. With that said, it was time to continue on my adventure.

With my affairs in Cyllage City done, I continued my journey on Route 10 on my way to the next Gym. Along the way, I found both visible and hidden items lying along the route. In addition, I encountered numerous trainers and fought them in battles, giving my team much-needed experience and winning plenty of Pokedollars. I also had the misfortune of running into a few Team Flare members along these routes; while they were cheesy in their appearance and mannerisms, they didn't seem to enjoy my presence much after I quickly routed them.

Upon arrival in Geosenge Town, I paid visits to the surrounding homes as well as the town hotel to get information about the town as well as see if they had items to offer to me. Walking towards the curious-looking stone displays in the middle of the town, I noticed a Team Flare member talking to himself and walking off in a certain direction. I decided to trail him and sure enough he was standing on a pathway that led to somewhere. He then saw me and told me about what Team Flare was going to try to achieve, and then walked off. Followed him, only to stop when I saw some kind of stone structure. Huh.

Well, not much in Geosenge Town after that, so it was time to move on. However, one of Korrina's Lucario ran up to me, getting my attention, and Korrina walked up with her other Lucario. She commented about how that Lucario had taken a particular liking to me, and asked if I wanted to battle against them; I accepted. The battle was brisk, but short, as my Breloom and Braixen took both Lucario out without a hitch. Afterwards, Korrina told me to meet her at the Shalour City Gym, and said that she will be awaiting my gym challenge.

Onto Route 11. I battled the trainers standing along the route and picked up some items and a Berry along the way. I noticed a Sky Trainer in this route, and quickly went back to pick up my Fletchinder to use in the battle. This Sky Battle was not easy - not only was I at a numerical disadvantage, I was also at a significant type disadvantage. Emolga was taken care of with 2 not-so-effective Acrobatics, but Fletchinder triggered Static, and so he was paralyzed as a result. Wingull was quickly taken care of, except Fletchinder ate a super-effective Water Pulse. Then out came Staravia, and its Intimidate lowered Fletchinder's attack, making the battle much tougher. However, Fletchinder's Flame Body was triggered when Staravia used Retaliate, burning it and giving me some breathing room.

Since Staravia's attack was sliced in half due to burn, I decided to go on the defensive and heal up Fletchinder using Roost as much as possible while burn did its job. However, Staravia began to spam Facade, which became a problem for me since not only was Facade's damage was unaffected by burn, but it was also boosted by burn itself + STAB. Fletchinder was healing up nicely, but it was also starting to eat significant amounts of damage from Facade. However, slowly but surely, Staravia was whittled down by burn and fainted. That was way too close.

Moved into Reflection Cave, and while mainly uneventful, I methodologically made quick work of trainers inside the cave, as well as meticulously finding all of the items inside the cave. Once that was done, I quickly shoved a boulder into place to make the cave fully accessible. I exited the cave and arrived in Shalour City

Trevor and Tierno came out of Reflection Cave to greet me soon after I arrived in Shalour City. After exploring all of the dwellings for items and whatnot, Trevor and Tierno caught up with me as I was about to step on the beach and told me to head to the Tower of Mastery to find the so-called "Mega Evolution guru". I then slowly made my way there, picking up some hidden items along the way.

Once I got insider the Tower, I then saw a door right in front of me and walked in. Korrina and Gurkinn saw me walk in and greeted me. While Gurkinn was wondering why I was the only one here, Tierno and Trevor joined me. Gurkinn was even more puzzled since the professor did tell him that five pupils were coming...

Shortly after, we went outside the room and the entire gang was there. Gurkinn then gave us a lecture about the history of Mega Evolution; at the end, he told us he wanted to give us all Mega Rings, but he had only one and thus only one of us could have it. Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna quickly opted out since it wouldn't match their goals. So it was between me and my rival - we would have to fight for it.

The battle started - sent out my Braixen against his male Meowstic. Quickly took care of the Meowstic with a 2HKO Flamethrower, then recalled. Rival sent out Absol next, and I responded by sending out Sylveon. A Hyper Voice quickly defeated Absol, and I recalled. Rival sent out his final Pokemon, and I responded by sending out my Breloom. One hit Bullet Seed was sufficient to take out Frogadier - ouch.

With the battle decided, Gurkinn and Korrina complemented both of us on such a spirited battle. Yet I did not receive my Mega Ring yet - Korrina told me that I would have to challenge her at the Gym first, and invited the rest of the gang to challenge her at the Gym as well. Afterwards, everyone except Shauna and Gurkinn left. I then made my way out, mad a quick visit to the Pokemon Center to heal up my team, then made my way over to the Gym.

Inside the Shalour City Gym, I could immediately tell the design of the Gym was optimized for roller skating. Well this is gonna be fun. I then roller skated around, and quickly realized I would need to challenge the Gym trainers in order to get access to the middle. I then immediately found one, cut him off, challenged him to a battle, and quickly wiped the floor. I then tailgated another Gym trainer; she took notice of me, challenged me to a battle, and I made quick work of her. This repeated until all of the trainers were defeated, and I was finally able to challenge Korrina.

Upon walking to the center of the Gym, Korrina suddenly appeared before me; I then walked up to her and challenged her to a Gym battle. My Shelgon took out her Meinfoo quickly with a SE Zen Headbutt, while Braixen took out her Machoke with a SE Psychic. Hawlucha didn't stand a chance against Sylveon's SE Hyper Voice. Coming out victorious, I received the Rumble Badge and TM for Power-Up Punch.

Korrina congratulated me, and asked me to carry out another favor before she could give me my Mega Ring - meet her on top of the Tower of Mastery.

I complied with Korrina's request, leaving all except one Pokemon in the PC, made my way over, and climbed the Tower all the way to the top. There, Korrina gave me my Mega Ring, telling me that I can be able to Mega Evolve my Pokemon if my bonds were strong enough with them. Afterwards, one of Korrina's Lucario gestured towards me, walked up to me, indicating that he would fight alongside me. Korrina then asked if I wanted to have a 1v1 battle using only the Mega Evolve-capable Lucarios, and I accepted.

My Lucario started off by Mega Evolving, then used Power Up Punch on the opposing Lucario for significant amounts of damage. The opposing Lucario did the same as well. Yet because I was able to outspeed the opposing Lucario, I was able to get the vital blow and win the battle. After the battle, Lucario looked at me and indicated that he wanted to come along on my journey; I accepted and welcomed him to the party.

After saying my farewells to Korrina, I walked down the Tower, back to Shalour City, withdrew my main party from the PC, and walked towards the Route 12 gate. Calem quickly stopped me and gave me the HM for surf, then walked away. Once I got to Route 12, I saved

Last edited:

Lorde

As I ran north through Route 4 toward Lumiose City, I met up with Sina and Dexio and I walked into Lumiose City with them. I quickly visited Professor Sycamore's Lab and spoke with him, then Serena and Shauna arrived. Professor Sycamore and I fought next and I thrashed his Bulbasaur with Fletchling's Peck attack, then I used Budew against his Squirtle and I beat it with Mega Drain. Sycamore used Charmander last and my Froakie won with Bubble. Afterwards, I got a Charmander and the Charizardite X from Prof. Sycamore, then my friends Tierno and Trevor arrived at the lab as well and I went down the elevator and met Lysandre downstairs. He mumbled stuff and then I saved my game before setting out again.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I had played Y version and was going around the region looking for shiny pokemon in hordes but no such luck. Leveled up my shiny Gyarados to level 100 in my party. Using Combee to use sweet scent to attract horde pokemon.

Lorde

Upon exiting Prof. Sycamore's Lab, I gossiped with Serena who asked me to visit Cafe Soleil with her. I skated through South Boulevard and arrived there and spotted Lysandre chatting with actress Diantha. I left the cafe after speaking with Diantha a bit and I visited the nearby Pokemon Center and healed my darlings and purchased a few Poke Balls inside too and then I explored more areas of South Boulevard. I saw Shauna at the PR Video building and I learned about how to record videos, then I visited the Coiffure Clips and headed out again after skating down the main streets. I left Lumiose City and I headed over to the gatehouse that led to Route 5 (aka, Versant Road) and I met Korrina there and saved.

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
Caught a shiny Kakuna in Safari after initially going in to get a Muk for a trade. Added a Dunsparce Safari and after a little while finally found a HA F so caught her in a Quick Ball. Was after that Dunsparce for some time. Nothing else to really report on Y. I am trying to MM for a Shiny Froakie caught in a Luxury Ball. Not sure I have the patience for such things.

JonT

After a lot of unsuccesfull attempts with a Froakie caught in a regular ball, I started today MM for a shiny protean Froakie in a dive ball (I'm breeding with the female that you gave me, Doomdour). I filled a box and I went with my Talonflame and the first 5 eggs to route 110. I hatched those 5 and the next 5 eggs earlier this afternoon. After a break, I flew to Mauville city and took the 3rd column of 5 eggs and I went to route 110 again. The first egg of that column was a male shiny torrent Froakie. I'm so happy right now...

Oh, the amazing thing is that this morning, I was looking for a HA Happiny in the mirage forest (west of route 105) and I was chaining so I can get a HA one. I don't know how many Happinys I have encountered, but a shiny one appeared too. So that makes 2 shinies in one day. I'm feeling lucky, very very lucky today.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Continued my journey in Y. Since I made significant progress last time in the past few days, I decided to spoiler each part.

Continued my journey onto Route 12. A NPC near the gate entrance gave me his Lapras so it could travel the world. Afterwards, I surfed across, battled a Swimmer and a Backpacker, then reached Baa De Mer ranch.

At the ranch, I decided to take a ride on the Skiddo for a bit. Rode around, found a few items, ran past a few NPCs, then made my way back and challenged those NPCs; those battles ended relatively quickly.

When I reached the end, I checked the map and saw that Azure Bay was north from my location. Realizing that my Pokemon was going to be overlevelled if I brought them along, I decided to go back to Shalour City and swap them out with the random Pokemon I've been training on the side.

Explored Azure Bay in its entirety, found items that were on the ground, battled the various trainers as well as the Sky Trainers that were there. The one Sky Trainer with the Sigilyph was incredibly annoying spamming Charge Beam, but I eventually put an end to that rampage.

Reached Coumarine City...well the lower half of it anyways. Walked around, saw a Fisherman, which I then interacted with and he gave me a Good Rood. Walked further and encountered a Berry stand with a note that encouraged me to take a Berry that was there, which I did. Went into the hotel, explored it, came out, and saw a Veteran standing on the cliffs. She then quizzed me on the move she was giving me the description - she described Acrobatics, guessed it right, and I got the TM for that move.

I then went in to the monorail station, where I encountered Professor Sycamore and Diantha. After a quick dialogue, he then gave me the HM for Fly, then both left. I then took the monorail to the other half of Coumarine City.

Once I got off the monorail, I then paid quick visits to the dwellings to interact with the NPCs inside to see if they had any items. Afterwards, I swapped out my party and headed towards the Gym. As promised, I reached the entrance and Calem ran up to me to challenge me to a battle. Like usual, I made quick work of him.

Went inside the Gym for my Gym challenge. Climbed the trees, battling the Pokemon Rangers that were along the way. Finally reaching the top, I then challenged Ramos to a Gym battle. My Blastoise took down his Jumpluff, Gengar took care of Gogoat with Sludge wave, and my Delphox took down his Weepingbell without too much difficulty. Received the Plant Badge and the TM for Grass Knot

Afterwards, I then made my way to the Route 13 gate. Inside, Professor Sycamore's assistants surprised me once more, and upgraded my dex by adding in the Mountain Kalos Dex

TheGreaterLucario

Huh. OK, so I just found out about a supposed texturing glitch in X and Y that, on extremely rare occasions (rarer than even Pokerus), will cause a Pokemon to be in greyscale coloring. I've seen numerous supposed pictures of it, but I have yet to find any definitive proof as to whether this glitch exists and whether these "albino Pokemon" as I've seen them called are real or merely the product of a romhack of some sort. Anyone have any sort of info on this?

Lorde

After meeting Korrina, I dashed through the grass at Versant Road and caught a Furfrou and Pancham. I then fought against the trainers including some Twins as I passed by the skate park and soon I encountered Tierno and Trevor again. I battled against Tierno and I defeated his Corphish with Pansage's Vine Whip. I then learned about horde encounters from Trevor and he handed me Honey. I evolved Charmander after training against more wild Pokemon in the tall grass, then I found the Hone Claws TM by the purple flowers as I dashed east. I ran through more purple flowers and I battled against more wild Pokemon and trainers too. I soon arrived in Camphrier Town and I got a Holo Caster message upon arrival.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Several days ago, I returned to the Looker bureau to complete the next mission. I had to head over to the art gallery since some vandalism allegedly happened there. Once I reached the gallery, I went inside and made my way up to the top floor, where I saw that one of the paintings had been sprayed over with graffiti. After that, I went back outside and got a message about Pokemon being stolen throughout the city. Looker and I then investigated the dark alleys throughout Lumiose again, where I battled several “suspicious” trainers.

After completing that mission, I went over to the hotel to do some jobs for money. I did the room service and bed making tasks, which were both pretty easy.

Ascended Dialga

I brought over Kangaskhan, Aegislash, and Dragonite from Alpha Sapphire to put together a team for the Battle Maison. Soon, I beat the Chatelaine in Super Singles. I went to the Friend Safari and caught a Pressure Pawniard while my friend was online. After wandering around Kalos for a bit, I found myself at the Day Care and was surprised that I had left a Pangoro there and forgot about it! I took it out immediately and the lady said it had grown 7 levels. I played with some of my Pokémon in Pokémon-Amie, then saved.

Lorde

Next in Camphrier Town, I exited the local Pokemon Center and visited the hotel afterwards. I then dashed towards Cassius's house and received the Thief TM from a little girl inside. I visited Shabboneau Castle to the north of the town next and saw Shauna there. After talking to a man there, I headed out to Route 7 and I arrived at a blocked wooden bridge where that ratchet Snorlax was sleeping. After speaking with the NPCs there and learning that I needed to get the Poke Flute to awaken the Snorlax, I left the bridge and I visited the Berry garden and I spoke to a man there. I received some Oran Berries and Pecha Berries as well as the Sprinklotad key item afterwards, then I planted some crops and saved next.

Turin

Arc Arsenal
I actually beat my Y copy a while ago with a team of all 3 starters, Venusaur, Nidoking, and Vivillion (Elite Four was so difficult with that line-up) but I restarted to do something different and have a team of Raichu, Crobat, Frogadier, Swoobat, Noivern, and Charizard. I bred my team mostly in OmegaRuby and traded to myself and everyone's in stage one but I'm doing the minigames (Pokemon Amie and Training) first before I take on the first gym. It's time consuming for sure, but it's fun! :) My favourite Pokemon is Moltres so I'm hoping I can get catch that one later on after I beat the game, after I caught Articuno previously with my old save file and traded it over to OmegaRed.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Three more notches on my belt, and that brings me to a whopping 300 Pokémon at level 100! For the last three, I trained them in Y, which is why it's in this thread, and not the ORAS one. I'm a bit late on making this update, because I wanted to figure out the best way to write it, so that it didn't look spammy or taking up too much space.

I was bored of the path I was taking in Omega Ruby, so I moved my last three Pokémon over to Y, in hopes of changing up the formula a bit. I used the Lumiose Restaurants since they're easily the best places to level up. These are the Pokémon I leveled:

487.png
645-s.png
719-m.png

#298: Giratina, Altered Forme
Nature: Hardy (Neutral) • Ability: Pressure • Item: Leftovers
Move Set: Shadow Force • Dragon Claw • Protect • Substitute

#299: Sips, the Therian Landorus
Nature: Modest (+ Sp. Attack / - Ph. Attack) • Ability: Intimidate • Item: Assault Vest
Move Set: Earthquake • Fly • Outrage • Hammer Arm

#300: Mega Diancie
Nature: Brave (+ Ph. Attack / - Speed) • Ability: Clear Body / Magic Bounce • Item: Diancite
Move Set: Diamond Storm • Moonblast • Gyro Ball • Stealth Rock

The builds I ended up going with were pretty straightforward. I won't get too into the details of each particular build, since this isn't the place for it, suffice it to say they should all be relatively obvious. There are a few things that might require a bit of explaining, but everything is fairly straightforward. Yes, Sips is using Fly, since it's a powerful hit that let's him avoid almost all damage. In fact, when a Pokemon Flies, they're still vulnerable to a handful of moves, but the one that poses a real threat is Thunder. However, being a Ground-type, Sips is actually immune to Thunder. I didn't level Diancie with her Mega Stone, since Mega Diancie doesn't exist in Y's data. Gyro Ball is a great choice if I use it before Mega Evolving Diancie, and the other two become extremely powerful when I do.

Training was a bit rough at first, being around ten or so levels below my opponents. I immediately went to Restaurant Le Wow, figuring that I would test my strength, and see if I needed to dial it back a bit to Le Yeah first. I took full advantage of everything I could, for the sake of speed. Trade Boost, Lucky Egg Boost, Amie Boost, Triple Battles, Experience O-Power Level 3 ... I was getting some insane experience per battle. Upwards of 50,000 per battle, and thanks to Le Wow being so fast, I only struggled through the first one.

I situated my party so that Diancie was on the far right side, where the weaker enemy is usually opposite me. On the far left, I had Giratina, who is capable of tanking pretty much anything that can be thrown at him, including a full-on Blizzard from Milotic. In the center, I had my main offensive Pokémon, my Therian Landorus named Sips. I mainly stuck to using Fly, but as the levels went on, I could almost clear the entire fight in one move using STAB Earthquake.

With my overall count now at 300, it's time to begin my replay of Heart Gold. Tune into the Recent Happenings for Fourth Gen if you want to follow along.