• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon X Adventure: Part 1

Decided to start my new Pokemon X today, started the game with all the normal things, met both Shauna and Calem, then went to meet them in Aquacorde Town. I picked Fennekin as my starter as it's my favorite out of the 6th generation starters (female AND Timid natured right off the bat too! Modest would of been better, but Timid is nearly as good haha) :p

After picking Fennekin, Tierno and Trevor gave me a letter to give to my mum from Professor Sycamore, as well as a Pokedex to record data on all Pokemon i see and catch on my journey.

Just when i started to leave to go home to deliver the letter, Shauna challenged me to battle. She sent out her Chespin, i sent Fennekin out and used Ember and Fennekin burnt Chespin with her first Ember attack (me and my starter are so in sync already, i can tell!) :D

After battling and defeating Shauna, Fennekin grew to Level 6. After Shauna healed Fennekin up i went back home to deliver the letter Tierno gave me to my mum and said goodbye (Rhyhorn wanted to say good bye too! xD)

With that Fennekin and i set off on our journey :3

Current Team:

653.png

Level: 6
Nature: Timid (-Attack, +Speed)
Characteristic: Mischevious (Sp. Attack)
Attacks: Scratch, Tail Whip, Ember

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So girls, next I visited Dendemille Town and gossiped with Prof. Sycamore and Dexio. I visited the PC after talking with Trevor as well, and after healing my team, I got an O-Power from Mr. Bonding. I shopped as well in Dendemille Town's PC, then I sashayed around Dendemille Town's snowy streets some more in order to explore the area completely. I headed north up the stairs and spoke to NPCs and then I visited a cottage where I guy wanted to check how many Pokemon I'd seen in the Mountain Pokedex. I walked outside and visited another house where I got a Leppa Berry for showing a girl something and the Facade TM from a boy inside too. I then found the Move Deleter and used his services and saved my game.

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon X Adventure: Part 2

After leaving saying goodbye to both my mum and Rhyhorn, i went back to Aquacorde Town and continued up to Route 2, and as soon as i got there, i bumped into Calem and Shauna again. Calem proceeded to show us how to catch Pokemon and i couldn't wait to try for myself though Shauna seemed so suprised that Pokemon go inside Pokeballs...Calem explained that that was what her Chespin was in right now, which made me chuckle a little bit. Calem also gave us free Pokeballs which was a BIG help, no need to buy my own just yet haha.

After Calem went ahead, Shauna stayed behind to what i assume look for Pokemon. As for me, i proceeded to search the grass for a Bunnelby (HM Slave) and a Fletchling (i already have Fennekin but i wanted one just for Fly/Flame Body purposes that would be useful later on in the game). I found a Bunnelby pretty much right away, but Fletchling took a very long time to appear, after about 30 minutes though one appeeard and i caught it respectively. Whilst looking for both Pokemon, Fennekin grew a few levels. I went back to Aquacorde Town, healed my Pokemon up, then went into the Santalune Forest ahead.

Once in Santalune Forest, Shauna decided to go through the Forest with me, which we slowly did. I tried to skip as many trainers as possible (for training later on), but a few caught me, which i defeated pretty easily (i have a Fire type starter after all :p). Our other friends were in the forest too getting on with their own things (Calem also gave me another Poke Ball), whilst Shauna found hidden Paralyze Heal in the grass and gave it to me.

During the time in the forest, i caught both a Pikachu and a Scatterbug respectively which i mean to keep in the team (at least for now). After catching Pikachu i then put Pikachu up at the front and with Static; tried to find a wild Pikachu holding a Light Ball (which was kind of difficult since Light Ball is something like a 5% chance on a wild Pikachu) I also only had one empty space on the team now, so decided to just soft-reset the 6th Pikachu slot until the one i caught had a Light Ball. After about 6-7 soft-resets though, i got one which was a lot faster than i thought i'd get one.

When Shauna and me got to the end of the forest, Shauna commented 'Wow you have a Pikachu!' and how she could never find even one whilst i found two! Well Shauna, mind taking this spare Pikachu off me? You can have it if you want haha xD

At the very end of the forest; Calem, Tierno and Trevor were waiting for us and we all went together to Route 3, where we all wondered what we were going to do next, which Calem said he was going to take on the Gym and he gave me 'Adventure Rules', Shauna just wanted to spend time with her 'Lil Chespin' as she called it, whilst Tierno wanted to see a lot of Pokemon moves (seriously couldn't he think of something else for once? xD) and Trevor just wanted to work on the Pokedex.

I avoided all trainers on Route 3, (again for training purposes), and emerged in Santalune City, where i healed my Pokemon (after Tierno followed me, explaining how Pokemon Centre's work), and deposited Bunnelby and Fletchling in the Pokemon Centre's PC for when i'd need them later. Also deposited my second Pikachu i caught (the one that had the Light Ball which i gave to my teams Pikachu, since he was the one i caught first). Then i went back to Santalune Forest and will be training my Pokemon up a bit.

Current Team:

653.png

Level: 10
Nature: Timid (- Attack, + Speed)
Attacks: Scratch, Tail Whip, Ember

025.png

Level: 6
Characteristic: A little quick-tempered (Attack)
Attacks: Tail Whip, ThunderShock, Growl

664.png

Level: 3
Nature: Serious (- Nothing, + Nothing)
Characteristic: Highly Persistent (Defense)
Attacks: Tackle, String Shot

Last edited:

Lorde

So next I left Dendemille Town and skated north to Frost Cavern. I crossed a bridge and arrived outside of Frost Cavern and I battled trainers and gossiped with a man and his Mamoswine. Trevor appeared afterwards and I finally entered the actual cave and battled against an Ace Trainer. I then slid right across an ice field and encountered a wild Jynx and Piloswine, which I caught and then I slid across more ice and battled another Ace Trainer and thrashed him hard. Afterward, I found a Dire Hit and I caught a wild Bergmite next, then I found another slippery ice puzzle and I had to move around in a pattern. I found a Hiker in the middle of the ice and I beat his Rock-type Pokemon and caught a wild Vanillite next.

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon X Adventure: Part 3

After going back into Santalune Forest and battling the trainers i'd missed, i got back into Santalune City, healed my Pokemon, then went out to Route 22 to the right of the city and battled trainers waiting around there. Searched around for a while for a new Pokemon but nothing stood out.

I went back to Santalune City after defeating the Route 22 trainers; and battled a Skater who was waiting in front of the Gym, who had a Zigzagoon and after that battle; Scatterbug evolved into Spewpa and i was given a skateboard to get around faster which was cool. The Skater trainer then moved aside so i could get inside the Gym.

Wasn't quite ready for the Gym yet though so me and my Pokemon are going back to Route 22 to train a bit more before trying out the Gym.

Current Team:

653.png

Level: 12
Attacks: Scratch, Tail Whip, Ember, Howl

025.png

Level: 11
Characteristic: A little quick-tempered (Attack)
Attacks: Tail Whip, ThunderShock, Quick Attack, Play Nice

665.png

Level: 11
Nature: Serious (- Nothing, + Nothing)
Characteristic: Highly Persistent (Defense)
Attacks: Tackle, String Shot, Stun Spore, Protect

Lorde

I arrived at the last cave within Frost Cavern and spotted Team Flare harassing Abomasnow. I battled against Mable and I defeated her Houndoom with my Hawlucha and after Team Flare had gone, I snatched the Abomasite from Abomasnow and left. I headed back to Dendemille Town and visited the Dendemille Town Pokemon Center then I healed my darlings and I went back outside after purchasing stuff at the Mart. I decided to visit Route 16 next and once there I entered the thick grass and I caught a wild Pumpkaboo and Phantump. I saw a Sky Trainer on a rock next too and I battled and beat her Emolga and Swellow. After winning the battle, I searched through the tall grass some more and found a Rare Candy.

Violent Red

Started X again, going to do a Monotype Normal challenge.

Got given a Pokedex by Prof Sycamore and my first Pokemon. Met some new friends aswell.

We were heading north when we stumbled into a Bunnelby, Zigzagoon and Pidgey which all joined my adventure. We did some training, and got to know each other a little better before my friends and I discovered a large forest which we explored together.

My partners and I battled some trainers in the forest and Zigzagoon learnt Headbutt which made him a lot better at battling.

When we finally found the exit to the forest we found ourselves on the outskirts of a little town where I discovered a Dunsparce.

I explored this fashionable, pretty little town and discovered that there was a Pokemon Gym there. I also stumbled across a Hiker that desperately wanted a Bunnelby. I didn't want to give him my one so I caught another one for him on the town's outskirts. He gave me his Farfetch'd in return :)

We all headed East to do some more training in preparation for our first gym battle together. While training we stumbled across a female Litleo cub that wanted to join us! I'd heard the gym leader uses Bug Pokemon so I couldn't have been happier.

When we felt ready we entered the gym, and battled the leader. Farfetch'd and Litleo handled the fight really well and we earnt our first gym badge. Very proud of the team!

Now we're continuing North to Lumiose City to meet the professor in person!

Team:

Zigzagoon - level 11

Bunnelby - Level 10

Dunspare - Level 5

Farfetch'd - Level 11

Litleo - Level 14

Pidgey - Level 5

Lorde

I headed back to Dendemille Town and sashayed to Route 17 next. I climbed on the Mamoswine and crossed the snow. As I moved around I caught a wild Snover, Delibird, and Sneasel and Mamoswine broke some rocks and I found an Icicle Plate when I jumped off and walked around. After thrashing a Sky Trainer, I continued moving through the deep snow and I saw more boulders ahead that Mamoswine broke through and then I arrived at the grassy portion of the route and hopped off of Mamoswine and pranced eastward. I got a Holo Caster message from my rival however: She wanted to battle me again in front of the Anistar City Gym, so I dashed through the gatehouse that led into the city and saved my game.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Hey everyone!

I restarted both X and Y, but I'm currently playing through X!

I'm not sure where to begin tbh, Because I'm a little ways into the game, I won't go into almighty amounts of detail just yet.

However, I chose Fennekin for my starter. Due to it being my absolute favourite Pokemon of all. I did soft reset for a modest one. Haven't the patience to SR for a shiny tbh.

Anyway, I met my "friends", squared my journey with "mom" and off I went..

Serena was waiting for me and she kindly showed me how to catch a Pokemon.

So after searching, I caught for my team a Pidgey in Santalune forest.
While I was in the forest, I made an effort to catch every Pokemon I could. But I only kept Pidgey on my team. Neither have nicknames.

When I exited the forest, I headed past a bunch of trainers, picking up items along the way.

I entered Santalune City and was advised to challenge the gym leader. However before I did, I managed to get a pair of roller skates.
This will be unpopular, but I prefer the skates to the dexnav! But I digress.

With Fennekin and Pidgey both at level 14. I went into the gym. I got a little lost in the spiders web maze and went back the PokeCentre to heal my mons up. But I did get to the gym leader.
I had a type advantage and whilst it was a good fight, in the end I was victorious.

After the gym, I headed north and was stopped by a lady called Viola. She handed me the EXP share (Wooooo).

With that, I went into route 4, with flowers, mazes and trainers. I had to go back to Santalune City a fair few times to heal. But it was worth it. As I managed to level up and get myself a Ralts, Skitty, and Flabébé. Amongst the other more common mons there.

Once I reached the very northern gate, I was stopped by people working for the Professor. We went into Lumiouse City and they helpful directed me to the professor.

I went to the very top of the labs, where he greeted me and challenged me to a Pokemon battle. It was funky to see Kanto starters. But I managed to overpower them. He then kindly offered me one and I picked Bulbasuar. My favourite of the 3. I did SR for a modest one. No idea on IV's, but frankly those don't bother me to much ingame.

Then I saved the game and I'll update everyone!

Lorde

So once I was at Anistar City, Sina handed me ten Repeat Balls and I sprinted to the Pokemon Center. I shopped for Ultra Balls at the Mart, snatched the Double Team TM, and also got an O-Power from Mr. Bonding and I headed outside and visited the boutique and bought clothes. Afterward, I headed outside and got the Hidden Power TM and I spoke to an old man in another house and I learned more about Legendary Pokemon. I then gossiped with a dying old man and he wanted to borrow a Pokemon from me. After swapping Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, I lent him a Zorua and I visited the cafe to the north of the city and then I went to the Anistar City Gym to battle Serena out front. I saved when I thrashed her.

communist

Well I recently beat the elite four. Honestly gave me quite a struggle but I was able to pull through with the champion actually being the easiest one until that Gardevoir came in. Now I'm gonna focus most of my time on hunting for shinies. I think I'll try to consecutive fish a shiny Corsola if I'm lucky. Wish me luck.

ebevan91

Started a new game yesterday and chose my favorite Kalos starter, Chespin. I got to the Santalune gym and realized that I need more Pokemon. I decided that I wanted to use a fighting type on this playthrough so I captured a Riolu. Got through the Santalune Gym and realized that Chesnaught will also be fighting so I'm ditching the Riolu to avoid repeating types. Each time I play through the game I try to use Pokemon I've never used before. Problem with that is, is that most of the Pokemon I've never used before are mid-late game. Oh well. And several of the Pokemon that I haven't used so far happen to be various grass types which is also the type of my starter. I think I'm just going to wing it with this team. When I pre-plan a team, it just doesn't feel as personal.

Lorde

So upon thrashing Serena, I healed at the local PC and next I sashayed into the Anistar City Gym. I spoke to the Gym attendant by the entrance and then I stepped on the carpet and the Gym appeared. I marched around the sphere and I fought against a few Gym trainers and their Psychic-types on the green paths. Next I teleported via a warp panel to a purple path and I soon arrived at Gym Leader Olympia's area and we fought. I used Heliolisk first against her Sigilyph and Parabolic Charge defeated it, then I switched to Simisage when Olympia used her Slowking. A Seed Bomb attack defeated it and then I used Greninja against Meowstic and I beat it with Night Slash. I obtained the Psychic Badge and Calm Mind TM.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
So I just re-purchased Pokemon Y for myself. Long story short I did 3 wonder trades right from the start. Trade 1, I receive a Shiny Lilipup. 2nd a normal Whynut. 3rd trade... *drum roll* an event Diancie! Talk about luck :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got onto X after a long time not playing it. I went into the Battle Chateau and battled random Trainers to get the rank of Grand Duchess because the player character is a girl. The last Trainer I battled was the Fairy Gym Leader Valerie.

Mr.FusRoDah

I got up from my seat at the friend safari after I added some friends to my friend safari, then went to go see which species were to be found in each safari area. After finding out all that was to be found, I decided to retire back to my seat and take a break.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Still on my attempt to attain the rank of Grand Duchess in X, I battled more random Trainers in the Battle Chateau. No new rank, so I saved after a fair amount of battles. Hope it comes soon.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Caught a Shiny Fraxure in my newest Dragon safari. He doesn't have his HA but he's shiny and blue. I named him BlueStar (how inventive I know).

Lorde

So girls, I left the Anistar Gym and encountered Serena outside peeping at me. Lysandre then aired a broadcast around Kalos revealing his plans involving the Ultimate Weapon. Next I flew to Lumiose City since I had to infiltrate Lysandre Cafe. Once inside, I gossiped with a person who turned out to be a Team Flare grunt. After beating him, I spoke to someone else who was also a Team Flare grunt in disguise and I defeated her fast. Once I had beaten her, I used a password to reveal a hidden door behind a shelf. I arrived inside of Lysandre Labs and encountered Lysandre at the entrance and I fought against him. I beat his Mienfoo with Charizard, his Pyroar with Greninja, then his Gyarados and Murkrow with Heliolisk.

Magickal

Worked on a new team today. Breeding takes forever but i have it down with the o powers and everything. Destiny knot is amazing too. If anyone needs anything bred i have a service I'm thinking about doing for bitcoin.