• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Been playing a badge quest in X. It got to a slow point before badge 5 as I'm MM'ing Eevee eggs, but at least I'm able to keep up with my berry plants when I'm collecting more eggs. I'm about halfway through box 11 so far.

A few days ago, I restarted Y in frustration after losing my Greninja (I was doing a Nuzlocke). I decided to do a Badge Quest instead, and looked up the shiny appearances of every Pokémon obtainable before the Santalune Gym battle, finally settling on Fennekin. And, let me tell you, SRing for a shiny is boring. I don't know how people do it.

I took me two months to get Froakie. It was super boring! But it was totally worth it and the others have come quickly since then. This is my favorite play through of XY so far! I've done normal play throughs in both games, a French play through to be able to breed alternate language pokemon for MM'ing, a Nuzlocke, and now this badge quest. Just keep at it!

- Finished searching for hidden items using the dowsing machine
- I then started leveling up my team for my Cyllage City gym battle

That last point is what I'm still currently doing the last time I played

Team so far:

- Axew (Lv. 18)
- Lucario (Lv. 19)
- Fletchinder (Lv. 19)
- Pansear (Lv. 19)
- Frogadier (Lv. 19)
- Pikachu (Lv. 19)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i finally bothered to remove a duplicate item on my arcanine to i can do battle spot to test out a lvl 24 MM shiny corsola. i forgot that it didnt get bumped to lvl 50 automatically but i still put it in 3 battles for a quick test. i continued on in the battle spot and faced several OU pkmn and megas with a team that had mega Gardevoir and other UU and lower tier pkmn and had some dream results. i barbecued a mega scizor with Flygon flamethrower, beat a few teams only with my mega Gardevoir. the best of all was a sweep with my Gliscor icefang/EQ vs mega chomp/aegislash and rhyperior. i always wanted to ice fang a mega chomp and my dream came true :) :) and my opponent couldnt do much to touch my gliscor.

there are alot of OU teams and megas on battle spot that it really surprised me. i still managed to win 7 of 8 battles with my lower tiered pkmn.

this section does fit more in ORAS section but its only a short post. i finally managed to get to the unown mirage island in OR save file.

EDIT sept 12:
i did bunch of free random battlespot battles and had a +80% win ratio again :), i really love my particularly EV'd Gardevoir and it really does shine brightly in battles. i finally leveld up my shiny Corsola and toxic recover stalled a grass knot greninja and dragonite :).

Last edited:
- Started by challenging the Cyllage City gym. I keep forgetting when battling Grant himself, you don't even need a water type, a fighting type can get the job done
- I then started to look around Route 10 where I caught a Hawlucha and added it to my team
- I battled a few Team Flare grunts as well, before arriving at Geosenge Town

Team so far:

- Axew (Lv. 21)
- Lucario (Lv. 22)
- Fletchinder (Lv. 20)
- Hawlucha (Lv. 20)
- Frogadier (Lv. 22)
- Pikachu (Lv. 20)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I played Y for a little while and got a few things done. I started by flying to Kiloude City to have a rematch against Serena. My Scolipede was my lead Pokemon and I ended up keeping it in for the entire battle. It missed a couple of times, but other than that it had no problem KOing Serena’s Pokemon. When the battle was over, I went to Route 18 to have an Inverse Battle. I used Scolipede and Sylveon to win and received some Sitrus Berries afterwards.

Next, I did a couple more small daily events. In Ambrette Town, I showed an NPC my super fast Scolipede and got a free Health Wing. Then, I headed to Coumarine City and spoke with Tierno. He wanted to see a Pokemon with Fiery Dance, so I put my Volcarona in my party and received a Heart Scale from him.

- Before setting off from Geosenge town I had my first battle with Gym Leader Korrina and her two Lucario
- I then got the chance to got to route 11 to investigate it properly, where I found a few items including a Sitrus Berry
- I then started looking through Reflection cave battling trainers I couldn't avoid because of the reflective surfaces, and collecting items I could find
- I found the exit and and arrived at Shalour city where I made my to the Tower Of Mastery
- I go inside and meet the Mega Evolution Guru, who explained how Mega Evolution worked
- I then battle Serena for the right to wield the power of Mega Evolution, in which I win

Team so far:

- Axew (Lv. 25)
- Lucario (Lv. 26)
- Fletchinder (Lv. 25)
- Hawlucha (Lv. 26)
- Frogadier (Lv. 25)
- Pikachu (Lv. 25)

Kalosian

So long
Yesterday, I went to my local Gamestop and obtained a code for Volcanion. Downloaded it to X, and decided to soft-reset until I got it with a good Nature. I got a Timid one after a few tries and kept it. With it in my party, I went to Jaune Plaza in Lumiose to see if something would happen, but no. I later read on Bulbapedia that the "Lava Dome Pokemon" the two women were talking about was referring to Heatran, and it was apparently a mistranslation. So much for that.

Continued by trading over Volcanion and my Genesect to Y. With Genesect in my party there, I went to the Hiker in the Ambrette Fossil Lab and obtained the Drives from him, just for fun. I have no need for them since I'm not planning to use Genesect but decided to get them anyway. More importantly, with Volcanion obtained, my Pokedex on these two games is now 100% complete! 721 Pokemon seen and caught. Now it will stay complete until Sun/Moon are released, when I will have to get a complete Pokedex again, though it will have to be on these games and not here.

I also downloaded the Event Keldeo on both of these games. Decided to reset for good Natures regarding them, for once. I kind of regret not doing that for all past event legends but since I'm probably not going to use any of them anyway, it doesn't matter too much. I got a Timid Keldeo on the first try on X, then after a few tries on Y. Continued by trading over Genesect and Volcanion to Omega Ruby. And now I'm done here once more for the time being, but I have not played these games for the last time.

I got the second-chance Darkrai and the wifi Keldeo on all my games. I really didn't do much with them besides TM up my Darkrai and Keldeo on OR, and give all four of my Keldeos Secret Sword to swap them to their Resolute form. I didn't bother soft-resetting for good natures or IVs since I won't use these mythicals in any way, and I really didn't teach them many decent TMs, just moves that they could learn and that didn't thoroughly suck.

It's still rather rare that I manage to get event Pokémon at all; I've only been able to do it since moving into my own place last year, which has wifi. Needless to say, I'm taking full advantage of the system for as long as I can, until Pokémon games start coming out for future systems that I won't own because I can't afford them. Hopefully that won't happen for at least another decade, but technology advances so rapidly that I'm surprised the 3DS isn't completely obsolete by now.

ItsMeBrandon

A little under a month ago I began a Nuzlocke run of X. I don't need to go into too many details, but as of writing this I've gotten 6 Badges and witnessed 5 deaths.

While I enjoy Nuzlocke runs and I've been having fun recalling how X plays, I recently also decided that I wanted to build up my first competitive team, which I'm doing in AlphaSapphire.
It took me a bit of time to find out that I need to do some things in X to help build it up (such as using the Friend Safari... not the best timing to restart X, I guess), so I've been playing through the Nuzlocke a bit more feverishly than normal.

If I might comment on the difficulty... The most difficult things I've had to deal with so far were the fight with Korrina in Geosenge Town, and Reflection Cave (mostly due to Wobbuffet encounters).
Besides that, the game has been throwing a ton of money at me, and hardly anything has been much of a threat otherwise. I disallowed the Exp. Share for this run, for that matter.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I played my X and Y in order to download the event Hoopa on both, bringing me to 4 Hoopa across all of my Gen 6 games. I stored my Y version's Hoopa in the PC on that game, but I sent my X's to Pokemon Bank and then Omega Ruby.

After that, I continued to play my Y for a little while longer. I was in Coumarine City from the last time I played, so I went to talk to Tierno again in hopes of getting another free Heart Scale from him. He asked me to show him a Pokemon with Petal Dance, so I showed him my Venusaur and received a Heart Scale for doing so.

Next, I flew to Lumiose City. After walking around for a while, I found the lottery building and headed inside, where I won a PP Up. Then, I ended up in the Le Wow restaurant and decided to do the Double Battle option there. I battled the trainers using my Sylveon and Mawile, and, despite not paying any attention to how many turns I was taking, finished each battle in the target number of turns. Got my Balm Mushroom prize afterwards and then saved.

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
I own both XY. I beaten X and I got Y so I could have a file to mess around with with. I have restarted my Y file 3 times and this time around I'm having more fun. I'm using Pokemon I never used before! So far I think my favorite is Litleo.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I gave up on SRing for Fennekin because I wanted to get the game started; picked Froakie, my usual starter, and ran around on Route 2 until I ran into a shiny Fletchling. Caught her, named her Robyn, and added her to my team, which currently consists of: Locke the Frogadier, Reiko the Lucario, Robyn (now a Fletchinder), and Odessa the Espurr. I'm waiting until I finish MMing Zorua on Alpha Sapphire to try for my second shiny, because I want to trade over my 6IV Japanese Liepard (currently fathering Zorua) in order to Masuda Eevee.

ItsMeBrandon

I've been continuing my current playthrough of X today, and I ran into a shiny Durant in a horde battle on Route 18. I was able to catch it, fortunately.

This is the second time I've seen a shiny in X. The first shiny I caught in X was a shiny Shelmet- also a Bug-type and also from Unova. It's somewhat uncanny how that happened, I guess.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Going to play X/Y for a little bit again. Or not the games themselves, but some things related to them. On both games, I sent all of my Poke Miles to the PGL (makes me wish there was a "send some" option in addition to "all" or "none" as I would have liked to keep some of them on my games). What I am going to do is to play attractions on the PGL until I have played them 100 times in total on each game. Since I have played them 10 times before, I have 90 left on each game before I am done. Haven't started yet but hoping to do so soon, going to try and be done with this next week.

On another note, it has been slightly more than 3 years since these games were released worldwide. A belated happy anniversary!

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I transferred my Volcanion from Omega Ruby to Y via my Bank. Volcanion was the last Pokemon I needed to get my Y's Pokedex to 721 owned. Now, I have a Pokedex of 721 owned on both OR and Y, which I'm happy about.

After spending some time looking through my Pokedex, I decided to spent some of my Poke Miles as I had several thousand of them. I eventually found the guy who sells stuff in exchange for the miles (after wandering all over Lumiose looking for the right place >_>) and ended up buying a Rare Candy and some MooMoo Milks. Didn't buy anything else at the moment, as there's nothing else I really needed.

Kalosian

So long
Since my last post, I have done everything I had planned to do on the 6th Gen PGL for those games. Played the various attractions, tried each one at least once (then more on OR/AS). Below are some thoughts on them:

Poke Doll Grabber: Not very easy and takes quite long to complete, I only played it once here. But I like how it is based on skill and how each difficulty level focuses on a different generation of Pokemon.
Mine Cart Adventure: This feels rather strategy-based which I like. Not the easiest either though. If I had had more time, I might have played it more.
Graffiti Eraser: Pretty fun, but the scores feel random (except for legendary dolls which are apparently set to 50 points, according to Bulbapedia) and it takes longer to complete than the one below.
Balloon Popping: I really don't understand how the scores work here, it feels so random. But it is simple and goes fast to complete, and for those reasons, it is (or rather was) my favorite out of the attractions.

Either way, I had played 10 times on each game before I started on this, so I had to play 90 more times in order to get to 100. But I played 91 times on each game just to be sure.

Overall, the games were okay but not that fun, it's no wonder I didn't play them much before this, and I would likely not have done this if it weren't for the Medal. I preferred the 5th Gen PGL and the Dream World, it feels like it was more motivating and rewarding. Too bad 6th Gen didn't follow up on it very well, maybe 7th Gen will? One can always dream...

I was a bit unsure about whether I would be able to get this done in time since it wasn't very motivating to do, but I managed to get it done, which I'm happy about. The fact that there was a limit for how many items you could have stored on the PGL at once was also rather annoying as it meant I had to Game Sync several times just to obtain all the items on the games. The slowdowns and semi-glitchyness of the PGL site was also annoying at times. Thankfully, the Balloon Popping minigame went so fast to complete that I didn't have to waste too much time on this.

Once I had played 101 times, I did one more Game Sync and I had unlocked the medal I was after: 100 PokéMileage Club Plays. Glad I got it. After that, I used the last Poke Miles I had on each game to buy various items from the Pokemileage Club. On X, I bought 4 Ability Capsules because I could and for fun. On Y, I bought 25 PP Ups. And some other minor items on both games. Then I did a final Game Sync to obtain all the items on my games. Now I'm done with the 6th Gen PGL on these games (and in total too since I have done the same thing on OR/AS as well), I have 0 Poke Miles left on my accounts and it will close down tomorrow so I won't be able to log in anymore soon. I don't have many Poke Miles left in the games either since I had to send most of them to the PGL. But I can get more from Bank and other sources (like Wonder Trading) so it isn't that bad. Though I don't really need any more for anything, so it isn't really necessary.

I also managed to get 99 points on the Balloon Popping attraction, which happened on the very last time I played it according to my notes. As a random bonus, I'm attaching a picture of it in the spoiler below, just for fun.

XsW6sub.png

My final result regarding the Medals became 135 on X and 130 on Y which is satisfying. There appears to be (or have been) 168 in total, so I'm quite happy about this. I definitely preferred the Medal system in B2/W2 though, I hope they can return to it in some future game. If not Sun/Moon, then maybe whatever comes after them.

Once the PGL has closed down (which will be tomorrow), I will do a list of all the Medals I didn't obtain in these games.

Last edited:
I completed my last playthrough, sent any new Pokemon over to the Bank to continue my Living Dex (currently 331/721, hoping to get at least 500 by the time Sun and Moon is released) and restarted my Y for a Nuzlocke run. Gave myself a Lv1 gift Pokemon at the beginning because I really wanted to play with a Krabby in the team. After 3 badges, I've had four deaths (and only 2 up until the Korrina's Hawlucha).

Team:
Kara the Kingler Lv38
Terrence the Venusaur Lv37
Mellie the Meditite Lv28
Bradley the Drifloon Lv25
Poppy the Exeggcute Lv24
Babe the Flabebe Lv13

Deaths:
Leroy the Honedge Lv23
Ria the Litleo Lv29
Tina the Pidgeotto Lv35
George the Ferroseed Lv27

Baggie_Saiyan

I completed my last playthrough, sent any new Pokemon over to the Bank to continue my Living Dex (currently 331/721, hoping to get at least 500 by the time Sun and Moon is released) and restarted my Y for a Nuzlocke run. Gave myself a Lv1 gift Pokemon at the beginning because I really wanted to play with a Krabby in the team. After 3 badges, I've had four deaths (and only 2 up until the Korrina's Hawlucha).

Team:
Kara the Kingler Lv38
Terrence the Venusaur Lv37
Mellie the Meditite Lv28
Bradley the Drifloon Lv25
Poppy the Exeggcute Lv24
Babe the Flabebe Lv13

Deaths:
Leroy the Honedge Lv23
Ria the Litleo Lv29
Tina the Pidgeotto Lv35
George the Ferroseed Lv27

So you like giving human names as nicknames? TheKingNappy is doing is doing that on his current FR LP I just find it too odd lol.

But four deaths already in XY? how'd you manage that? I assume you had exp off and maybe went in under levelled? I plan to do the same for Sun and Moon when I play it.

So you like giving human names as nicknames? TheKingNappy is doing is doing that on his current FR LP I just find it too odd lol.

But four deaths already in XY? how'd you manage that? I assume you had exp off and maybe went in under levelled? I plan to do the same for Sun and Moon when I play it.

The human nickname thing is just because I'm too impatient to come up with a name like "Volt" or "Tundra" lol

And the deaths came from mainly critical hits or just unlucky misses. I had 0 deaths all the way up until after my second badge, then started to get unlucly. Korrina's Hawlucha took care of the other two deaths.

slowdude

Decided to do one final Wonderlocke before S&M come out.

Currently in the connecting caves with a team consisting of an Aron, Vivillion, Drillbur, Grotle and Lombre with an Eevee in the daycare. I've had 3 loses (zigs, caterpie, joltik) and i've ko'd like 4 encounters in a row. Despite the extreme fire/ground weakness i'm doing pretty good.