• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

james19

After 55 hours I managed to finish Pokemon X. Fought against the E4, and finally the champion was revealed: Diantha. Sadly it wasn't a very present character through my journey, nor against Team Flare. Nothing. Just a few lines while I was in Luminose and thats it. Very dissapointing, so it wasn't that exciting to fight against her. Anyway, after some serious fight, I beat her so after almost 5 years of patience I was the Champion of my 6th region: Kalos.

After that, a nice surprise was to see how Sycamore planned a event to celebrate I was the new Champion in the middle of Luminose, with a lot of people, and those guys who said they were my friends, which they weren't at all. Maybe after like 50 hours I started to appreciate Serena and Trevor. But Shauna and Tierno were obnoxious and annoying through all my journey. And useless. Very useless.

My team went through several phases, but this was that which took me to the peak:

Delphox
Diggersby
Talonflame
Xerneas
Goodra
Hawlucha

In the race I used Vivillion, Pancham and Clawitzer, but none of them were capable of being funny or powerfull enough to make it through the end

And now, I started my jorney to lvl 100 all my champion team, catch legendaries, battle on Battle Maison and make a living dex as always want to do, and fail lol. At the moment I managed to catch Mewtwo and Zygarde. And I was busy finding berries I found Zapdos two times, but is still fleeing. I'm hoping to catch him soon

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i spent a bunch of time on pkmn X today unlike the last year or so where i barely touched gen6 aside from getting "supplies" from gen6. since ive given up on gen 7 i decided to go back to gen 6. took the time to work on a few bred pokemon from long ago and make them battle ready. got a HA espeon ready, a 2nd Gardevoir for my OR file and took the time to train the strongest pokemon ever.

the strongest pokemon is a jolly iron fist Ledian, with power up punch, drain punch, ice punch and u turn. the IVs are a whopping total of 7. its highest IV is a 7 in DEF and the remaining are all at 0 IVs LOL. i bred this out long ago trying to get a 6 0IV pokemon.

AnOldGoat

Just Another Title
The SS news got me in a mood to basically restart most of my games. Not sure why I decided to go with Gen6. Probably the first game I was in my drawer lol. I fired up a new game of Y.

I havent planned my team at all. I wanted to use some Pokemon that I havent used before or havent used in a long time. I figured Wonder Trade would help with that just a little. I received some interesting pokemon, a lot I have used recently and a lot of Zigzagoons and Bunnelbys. Along with Pokemon thar were just too high leveled so back into the wonder world they go. I received a Level 2 Aerodactyl which I felt was a gift from the heavens. Long with Pikachu, Spheal, and Riolu. I figured this was a nice team to start of my journey. I plan to wing the team as I go.

I enter my world and after running into my new group of friends, it was time for me to pick my new starter Pokemon. I went with Chespin. I won't be keeping Chespin, only until the first city when I can reach a CPU.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Restarted Y version to prep for Sword and Shield since the regions look pretty closely connected. Still not sure how much of Kalos we're going to see in the new games but I enjoy the region in these, even if the story hasn't been as impactful as other games so far. Got 2 badges and my team consists of:

Roselia
Floette
Fletchinder
Tyrunt

I'm torn and I'm curious if y'all can help me out. It looks like I'll be getting both a Shiny Stone and an Eviolite very soon. Which between Roselia and Floette should I evolve?

I'm torn and I'm curious if y'all can help me out. It looks like I'll be getting both a Shiny Stone and an Eviolite very soon. Which between Roselia and Floette should I evolve?

Depends on the colour of your Floette, for me. If it is red or blue,go for Florges. If not, go for Roserade.

Or, if you're keen on both, evolve both? :D

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I'm going through X again (technically for the first time since my last Kalos run was on Y). I just beat Grant. I've been using Vivillon up 'til now because I thought it could learn Fly and I want to incorporate my Fly user into my team early. Spoiler: it cannot learn Fly. Cue mad scramble onto the AttackDex to see what can learn Fly. Almost everything was a Pokemon I've already used before and didn't feel like training again, or Pokemon that don't evolve until towards the endgame (Golurk, Braviary, Volcarona). I eventually settled on Crobat. I already used one before, but Poison/Flying fits well into my team, and it was the most appealing option I had that didn't involve breeding in other games and abusing Pokemon Bank.

I had SUCH a difficult time working with Azurill. It would NOT evolve no matter what I did. Azumarill learnes Aqua Tail at level 21, so level 20 was my deadline. Azurill did not make it. I had to go back and catch a new one with a Luxury Ball (once I realized I had some) and train the new one up from scratch. It evolved into Marill at level 20 (caught somewhere around level 7). Now it's a powerhouse, but it shouldn't be that hard to evolve a baby!

EDIT: The endgame team is composed of Chesnaught, Crobat, Azumarill, Meowstic F, Tyrantrum, and Pyroar.

Last edited:

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I just restarted X version.
I got a female Fennekin for my starter. Her name is Fiona. She’s Serious nature.
Caught a Fletchling on the first route. Named him Henry. Also caught a Bunnelby. Named her Lolo. Both are Mild.
In Santalune Forest, I caught a Scatterbug who I named Van who is Quiet nature.
Update:
Catching more Pokémon. My Weedle is Aretha, she is Jolly.
Have to save my last spot for a Route 3 and deposit Van for my Route 22 encounter. Aretha is much better since she’s Jolly.
Catching my Route 3 encounter.
A Modest Azurill named Mary. Deposited her.
Catching 2 in Route 22.
Found a Riolu. His name is Riley. He’s Brave nature.

Last edited:

PokeMon2.0

Randomly decided to Wonder Trade some mons,
Got a Grumpig, Electrike (named Dynavolt), Hippopotas, and Shroomish. Traded back a hacked Togetic.
Wonder Trading everyone but my starter now. Since I planned on doing a Wonder-venture with only my starter and my Kantō starter (Squirtle when I get it) remaining.
I got my Fletchling Henry back.
Now my team has a Furfrou on it too, even though it’s Bold I’ll teach it special moves.
I got Swellow Lv. 41 in my PC.
Trading Henry back since I have a Chatot in my party, which I put in my PC.
Have to trade a Flabebe I caught.
Got a Magneton.
Squirtle is named Leonardo.
My party right now is
Fiona (Fennekin) Lv. 14
Oddish Lv. 13
Hippopotas Lv. 16
Dynavolt (Electrike) Lv. 12
Leonardo (Squirtle) Lv. 10
Furfrou Lv. 19
Update:
Wonder trading now since I caught Pokémon in Rt. 6
Team is
Fiona (Braixen) Lv. 20
Dynavolt (Electrike) Lv. 17
Gloom Lv. 21
Hippopotas Lv. 20
Leonardo (Wartortle) Lv. 17
Slurpuff Lv. 32 (evolved during Wonder Trade)
In Box:
Grumpig Lv. 32
Swellow Lv. 41
Chatot Lv. 25
Magneton Lv. 38
Golem Lv. 37
Trapinch Lv. 22
Anorith Lv. 20
Seviper Lv. 25
Lanturn Lv. 30
Alomomola Lv. 30
I’m going to switch Slurpuff for Trapinch, Anorith, Seviper, or Chatot.
Added Chatot but switched to Anorith.
Catching Pokémon in Rt. 7
Now in my PC
Eevee Lv. 21
Chingling Lv. 21
Team leveled up after me and Serena teamed up.

Last edited:

AnOldGoat

Just Another Title
Since starting new On Y I preplanned a team of Pokemon that I either am a big fan of or havent used in a long time. I wont reveal the list, just as i post. Of course things can change along the way if i maybe find something else along the way. I am going to implement a few rules for this run.

Since all the gym leaders use 3 Pokemon, so will I. I am only allowed to enter a gym with 3 Pokemon in my party. Also absolutely no healing items during battle, no exceptions. If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to list them! I'll be boxing my starter. Froakie for those wondering. We will start the journey telling from Santalune City.

Headed over to Rt 22 to the east to do a little training. First Pokemon I ran into was a Male Litleo..go figure when I don't plan on using one. Battled a few trainers, made quick work of them even though a few had a type advantage in the form of a Goldeen and Marill. Still it wasn't enough to take out my Charmander. Knowing that I have the type advantage at Level 11 I planned to take on the Santalune Gym.

Viola threw a few tests at me early. Random trainers and their pathetic bug types couldnt stand much of a chance. As I battled my way to the leader, Charmander grew stronger and stronger with every victory.

I stood before Viola, my first true test. She tried to blind and distract me with her fancy cameras but to no avail, I was ready for this. She opend with Surskit, not ideal but Charmander was ready for this. I knew I had to make quick work of Surskit before it set up Water Sport, unfortunately it was able to get one off. After a Dragon Pulse ended Surskit, Vivillon was up. It set up Infestation on before Charmander can get off a Dragon Pulse again. Charmander eventually fell to the slow hits of Infestation, although greatly weakening Vivillon. My final Pokemon, Leafeon was sent in to finish to job. One Quick Attack was able to earn me victory and my first badge in Kalos.

Team:

Charmander lvl 14
Leafeon lvl 12

Not sure how long until I add my 3rd team member

PokeMon2.0

Made a new rule to my adventure.
I keep 5 non starter or Legendary Pokémon. One I’ve kept so far is Ronda the Hawlucha.
I’m currently in Geosenge Town.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Decided to download X, once again, off the Eshop.

Chose the FC, because let’s face it the male’s clothing options are clearly lacking. With the exception of my starter, I’m trying to use a team mostly comprised of Pokémon I haven’t used before or finished X/Y with. Which shouldn’t be too hard since I’ve only finished the games about 3/4 times.

Received a Quirky Chespin who I’ve yet to name. Currently in the forest, catching Pokémon to fill up the dex.

Drummerdude

I had a weird urge to play these games last weekend so I picked up Y and restarted it. I had planned on using Chespin but for some reason when it came time to choose I went with Froakie. I hurried along to Route 3 where I wanted to catch my second team member...a female Burmy. No joke it took me over a hour to find one. I found 5 male Burmy before finding the female. All that did was make me dread going for my third team member...a male Litleo. But then my third Litleo was male. Crazy.

I had no problems with Viola since Surskit never set up Water Sport. I went north through Route 4 into Lumiose City where I met the Professor and got a second starter which went straight to the PC. I quickly skated through Route 5 and did the Parfum Palace side quest so I could venture onto Route 7 and capture my fourth team member, a Spritzee. I fought some painters and arrived at the Zubat cave where I evolved my Burmy into Sandy Forme Wormadam. Next I made a quick stop in Ambrette Town before slowly riding a Rhyhorn to go talk a guy about fossils or something. I picked up the Sail Fossil and revived it into Amaura...my fifth team member! Next I skated over to Cyllage City and went ahead and traded with myself to evolve Spritzee into Aromatisse. Then I was off to challenge Grant. Litleo and Wormadam struggled against his Amaura so Frogadier came in to finish it off. I wasn't gonna mess around with Tyrunt so I had Aromatisse knock it out with Draining Kiss. I took a break after receiving my second badge.

657.png
Lv25
413s.png
Lv24
667.png
Lv24
683.png
Lv24
698.png
Lv23

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
It's been 3000 years.. Sorry had to reference that, but It's then I did start my play though of X back in 2013, just after I completed Y. So After 2445 days, I've become the champion. Most of the delay was due to the fact this was my "also ran" game, and other games and stuff took over. I've beaten many of other games since.

So The Party:
Raichu - Lv68
Flygon - Lv63
"Kleinson" Lucario - Lv71 (Named after the Girl in My avatar and this saves character.)
"Agro" Charizard - Lv70 (Named after Kritzkast Host Agro, who mains Pyro in TF2.)
Greninja - Lv72
Noctowl - Lv61

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I started a new game in Y as a sequel/continuation to my Sword game. I haven't finished a Kalos game since 2013, and even then I never completed the Looker plot, so while X & Y are my least favorite pokemon games I wanted to replay them so I can try and finish all the way through this time.

After spending months getting legit pokemon based on the ones I caught in Galar, Go, & the Isle of Armor (using my completed Omega Ruby game), I sped through the game up to Camphrier Town & Parfume Palace since I wanted the story to "start off" in Lumiose City & bypass a lot of the plot elements in the beginning of the game. I then backtracked to Santalune City to try cutting a few trees & caught a Litleo. Now I'm waiting in the garden on Route 6 for several berries I planted to grow. I'm considering my gym battle with Viola non canon since it happened when I was speeding through the beginning of the game, so my eventual battle with Grant as my first "official" Kalos gym battle & then I'll face Viola later in the Battle Chateau

Team:
  • Jamie (Bulbasaur)- lv. 14
  • Roy (Scizor)- lv. 15
  • Gunning (Makuhita)- lv. 15
  • Peaty (Tentacool)- lv. 12
  • Imogen (Emolga)- lv. 12
  • Céline (Litleo)- lv. 12
Reserves:
  • Johnny (Stunky)- lv. 16
  • Dina (Whismur)- lv. 12

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Pokémon Y Update:

After making it up to an Earl in the Battle Chateau (or Countess since I'm playing as a girl), I spent the past few days in Ambrette Town exploring a little bit of the area each day. One interesting thing I noticed is that once you finish a story portion of the Kalos game, each area pretty much acts like a mini open world hub you can explore within reason. During that time I checked out the Ambrette Aquarium, practiced sky battles, caught a Bagon who will eventually be a part of my Sky Battle team, explored more of Glittering Cave once I got the TM for Rock Smash, started the Secret Super Training sessions with my Litleo so that it could beat all the sessions, collected berries from natural objects after teaching Blizzard to my Tentacool in Omega Ruby, and frequently visited to Boutique in Cyllage City to get an outfit I liked.

Eventually, I decided to take on Grant (though rather than treating it as a gym battle, I'm pretending that my character is competing in the World Championships like Ash in the anime and she's currently in Kalos battling strong trainers to raise her rank to the Ultra Class). I ended up using my Tentacool & Makuhita since I always like using the same amount of pokémon as the gym leaders (as well as keeping them under leveled). I thought it would be a cake walk but Amaura was actually pretty challenging and Tyrunt managed to beat both my pokémon. Now I'm currently in Geosenge Town EV training my pokémon & raising their levels for my rematch with Grant (though I'm going to treat the match as if it takes place in Geosenge Town instead of the Cyllage Gym to reference the explorers blocking the path to Route 11 who said he's helping examine the stones in the area.

That's a whole lot of 'pretending/treating something' as something else. :p

Heck, I might as well post my Sword runthrough here, since I'm pretending that I'm also still finishing up the Looker-plot. :p

JourneymanN00b

Hello everyone. This is a roguelike addict who is taking a very unique approach to playing a main Generation VI game for the first time. I previously played parts Red/Blue/Yellow as an elementary school student around 1999, but never completely finished a game until 2010 due to my stupidity, the games accidentally getting deleted, and real life/homework forcing a near-decade hiatus. I was able to fully finish Gold in the summer of 2010, but never progressed further than that due to preparing for college and not having enough time for video games. Now that the pandemic is freeing up time to reconsider these games, I decided to continue my Pokémon explorations. In early August this year, I managed to complete Sapphire as a Lithium Rogue to make the experience memorable and relatively quick. I then completed Diamond using the Lithium Rogue restrictions in early September. Finally, I completed Black under the same conditions at the end of September. I learned a lot of skills when doing the Lithium Rogue challenge in Sapphire, Diamond, and Black. I will be now try to play the character as a Lithium Rogue in X. What is a Lithium Rogue, and what does it entail, you ask? Well, it is a player that attempts to beat the Elite Four and AZ by adhering to the below set of rules:

1. Lithium is the simplest possible metal. As such, the Lithium Rogue will be taking the most direct possible path towards beating the Elite Four. No locations outside this direct route to victory can be visited. No optional sidequests can be undertaken, either.

2. In a roguelike, the player gets only one life. If the player dies, a new game must be started from the beginning. As such, if the Lithium Rogue gets a black out, the run is over, and a fresh game must be started to begin the adventure anew. However, any fainted Pokémon is allowed to be revived using a Pokémon Center or appropriate items, provided that at least one Pokémon is still in active condition.

3. Zero grinding is allowed. This is one of the golden rules of a Lithium Rogue. The Lithium Rogue is expected to advance through the game as quickly as possible and not waste time training Pokémon like lesser mortals with infinite time. The Lithium Rogue is also expected to use whatever resources that are on hand to overcome any obstacles that may be encountered from following this simple approach. The only exceptions to this rule for this particular game is to search Route 3 and Route 10 to get a Bunnelby and Hawlucha respectively, as even speedruns allow for time to do this. The former exception is only valid if one has not previously been obtained in Route 2.

4. No backtracking is permitted. Unless it is to advance the story, an area can only be visited once. The Lithium Rogue is not permitted to go back to an area to catch a desired Pokémon or to return to a town to heal up in a Pokémon center.

5. Any trainers that are not necessary to fight to move to the next area must be avoided, if possible. However, it is understood that mistakes can be made, especially with those involving “spinners”, and the Lithium Rogue will occasionally be forced to fight these trainers in order to advance. As such, any run-in fights with “unnecessary” trainers may be utilized to provide the Lithium Rogue’s Pokémon with additional experience.

6. The Lithium Rogue is permitted to pick up items, but is strongly encouraged to only pick up those that would be typically picked up in typical speedruns. Like trainers in the previous rule, additional items may be picked up and utilized if doing so would not add unreasonable time to the Lithium Rogue’s journey.

7. Any time spent on wild grass must be kept to a minimum. Any Pokémon encountered in these areas can be battled and caught to suit the Lithium Rogue’s needs. The Lithium Rogue is not playing a Nuzlocke challenge, so there are no Pokémon catching limits.

8. No manipulations are allowed to be used here. The Lithium Rogue has no knowledge of such acts of cheating, and utilizing them ruins the spirit of this adventure. Any disadvantages from not utilizing these manipulations may be made up by fighting additional trainers or picking up additional items, as needed.

From what I have heard about X and Y, doing this should be a perfectly achievable challenge, given the proper application of common sense, decent luck, and adherence to appropriate guides when suitable. Now that the ground rules have been set, I will be starting a run that adheres to all of the above rules, which will be reported by parts divided by gyms. So the goal of the first part is to clear the first gym and get the Bug Badge.

Part 1 Plan:

Vaniville Town, Route 1, Aquacorde Town:

Change out of pajamas, talk to mother, and meet rival and Shauna. Head to Route 1, and go north to Aquacorde town. Get Chespin as the starter, and get Pokedex and Prof’s Letter. Battle Shauna and use Vine Whip twice against her Froakie.

Vaniville Town, Route 1, Aquacorde Town, Route 2:

Return to Vaniville Town, talk to mom, and get the Town Map. Return to Aquacorde Town by using Route 1, and head to Route 2. Flee the scripted encounter, then partake in catching tutorial. Then catch a Bunnelby if one is encountered with a Poke Ball. KO any other encounters. Battle Youngster Austin and use Vine Whip twice against his Zigzagoon. Enter Santalune Forest.

Santalune Forest:

Go up and right. After getting a Paralyze Heal from Shauna, go around the upward path before going through the grass. Once you catch up with rival, go down-left to battle Lass Anna. Use Vine Whip twice against Lass Anna’s Pikachu.

Route 3, Santalune City:

If a Bunnelby is not acquired, search the grass for one and catch it. Then head to Santalune City. Talk to the hiker to trade Bunnelby for his Farfetch’d, and move it to the front of the team. Go to the gym, say “Yes” to Rinka, and battle her. Use Aerial Ace twice against her Zigzagoon. Get the Roller Skates, and enter the gym. Follow the dew drops on the web, and battle Lass Charlotte. Use an Aerial Ace each to deal with her Kakuna and Combee. Then begin the Leader Viola fight, and use Aerial Ace to deal with her Surskit. Then use Aerial Ace twice to KO her Vivillon. Get the Bug Badge and TM83.

I hope that there are no flaws with this first part of the game plan to complete the challenge. I can always adjust the above rules to make things more challenging/reasonable. To the few people who are interested in seeing this type of challenge unfold, feel free to vote on the gender and name of the first Lithium Rogue that will operate in X. I will come back to this thread after a day or two, read any replies, and begin the first run.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so I begin the first part with a female trainer named Ann, and manage to finish the part in a close to straightforward manner.

The Lithium Rogue’s Journey Attempt #1: Ann

Part 1-1:

I change out of my pajamas, talk to mother, and meet Calem and Shauna. I head to Route 1, and go north to Aquacorde town. I decide as Lady A as the nickname, get Chespin as the starter, and get the Pokedex and Prof’s Letter. I then battle Shauna and use Vine Whip twice against her Froakie. Since Chespin got Growled twice, it took a third Vine Whip to win the battle.

I return to Vaniville Town, talk to mom, and get the Town Map. I then return to Aquacorde Town by using Route 1, and head to Route 2. I flee the scripted encounter, then partake in the catching tutorial. After getting the Poke Balls, I battle Youngster Austin and use Vine Whip three times against his Zigzagoon. I then enter Santalune Forest.

I get a Potion and also get a Paralyze Heal from Shauna. I go around the upward path before going through the grass, where I encounter and KO a Kakuna and a Pansear, learning Rollout in the process. Once I catch up with Calem, I have Shauna heal my Chespin and battle Lass Anna. I use Vine Whip twice against Lass Anna’s Pikachu, the second attack failing twice before connecting due to a Thundershock paralyzing it. After having Shauna heal my Chespin again, I encounter and run from a Weedle and exit the forest.

I get the Adventure Rules and luckily run into a Bunnelby on the way that use to dodge the first two trainers. I try to catch it by using two Poke Balls, but fail to do so. I use a Tackle once, and then successfully catch it after using a third Poke Ball. I then head to Santalune City, where I talk to the hiker to trade Bunnelby for his Farfetch’d, and move it to the front of the team. I go to the gym, say “Yes” to Rinka, and battle her. I use Aerial Ace twice against her Zigzagoon to win the battle. I get the Roller Skates, and enter the gym. I follow the dew drops on the web, and battle Lass Charlotte. I use an Aerial Ace each to deal with her Kakuna and Combee. I then begin the Leader Viola fight, and use Aerial Ace to deal with her Surskit. Finally, I use Aerial Ace twice to KO her Vivillon and teach Farfetch’d Knock Off over Fury Attack. I get the Bug Badge and TM83, and end the part with pride.

Below is my plan to finish the second part and get the Cliff Badge:

Part 2 Plan:

Satalune City, Route 4, Lumiose City:

Go to the Trainers’ School and get 3 X Attacks and 3 X Defenses from the gentleman. Head towards Route 4 and talk to Alexa and get the Exp Share. Go to Route 4. Skate up-left to the gap in the middle of the left hedge to grab a Repel. Try to dodge the skaters, and take the left path through the flowers to dodge the girl. Talk to the professor’s assistants, and agree to visit the professor. Get TM27, and head to Lumiose City. Heal at the Pokémon Center, go to the lab, and head to the second floor. Talk to the scientist to get 5 Luxury Balls. Go to the third floor and battle Sycamore. Use Aerial Ace against his Bulbasaur, then use a Fury Cutter if it survives. Then use Aerial Ace three times on his Squirtle, and Aerial Ace twice against his Charmander. Choose Squirtle from the starters, and head to the Pokémon Center. Deposit Chespin and Squirtle, and sell all Poke Balls, 3 X Defenses, and at least 2 Luxury Balls. Buy the Swords Dance TM. Go to Cafe Soleil and partake in the cutscene. Then head to Route 5.

Route 5:

Talk to Korrina, and teach Farfetch’d Swords Dance over Fury Cutter. Fight Tierno. Use Leer, Swords Dance, and then Aerial Ace to KO his Corphish. Go along the left wall to avoid the runner. After going up the stairs, dip into the purple flowers to avoid the rising star. Try to avoid the running trainers, and head to Camphrier Town.

Camphrier Town, Route 7, Route 6, Parfum Palace, Route 7:

Get the Star Piece and Ether. Heal at the Pokémon Center. Sell the Star Piece and Honey. Buy 4 Repels, 5 Super Potions, 1 Antidote, 1 Paralyze Heal, and 2 Awakenings. Go to the castle for the cutscene. Talk to the red head for a Berry Juice. Go into the nearby house and talk to the maid to get a Sweet Heart. Go to Route 7 to trigger the Snorlax cutscene, then head to Route 6. Swerve behind the first trainer, and try to avoid the second trainer. Head to Parfum Palace, and go to the garden behind the mansion to the north-west hedge section. Solve the puzzle, leave the hedge section and go right to pick up a Rare Candy hidden at the top of the fountain. Return to the palace and up the left stairs to the balcony and partake in the cutscenes. Enter the first available door, see the fireworks, and remind Shauna about the Poke Flute. Return to the Snorlax after getting the Poke Flute and TM17. Wake up the Snorlax, and run from it. Head west and partake in the daycare cutscene. Continue west, partake in the Trevor cutscene, and equip the Berry Juice. Heal Farfetch’d, and start the battle with Trevor and Tierno. Use Swords Dance on Turn 1. If no damage was dealt to Farfetch’d, use Swords Dance again, and use Aerial Ace twice on Tierno’s Corphish. Otherwise just use Aerial Ace twice on Tierno’s Corphish. If the Corphish reaches the red health range, use Knock Off to finish it off. Use Knock Off twice on Trevor’s Pikachu, and Aerial Ace on Trevor’s Flabebe. Use Super Potions if needed, and heal paralysis only if Corphish is still active. Get the PP Up hidden in the flowers, and go left in to the south entrance of Connecting Cave. Heal using the Scientist, and enter Route 8.

Route 8, Ambrette Town, Route 9, Glittering Cave:

After the cutscene, get an HP up, and run diagonally around the rising star. Enter from the left side when the rocks are reached. Head to Ambrette Town, and heal at the Pokémon Center. Go to the lab and say yes to the Scientist. Head to Route 9, KO any encounters, and take a free heal from the lady outside Glittering Cave. Go straight through the cave, take the third branching path, and pick up the Shadow Claw TM. Fight the first Flare Grunt, and use Swords Dance. Then use an Aerial Ace each on the first Flare Grunt’s Houndour and Zubat. Heal up if Farfetch’d is below 25 HP. Fight the second Flare Grunt and use Swords Dance twice. Use an Awakening if Farfetched is put to sleep in the process, and use Aerial Ace on the second Flare Grunt’s Gulpin. Then use Knock Off on the second Flare Grunt’s Electrike. Heal to full, avoid shadows, and join Calem for the double fight. Use Swords Dance on the first turn, and use Aerial Ace on the Flare Grunts’ Scraggy. Then use Aerial Ace on the Flare Grunts’ Croagunk. After winning the battle, get the Escape Rope. Find the scientist, and get the Jaw Fossil. Use the Escape Rope, heal using the lady outside, and return to Ambrette town using Route 9.

Ambrette Town, Route 8, Cyllage City, Route 10, Cyllage City:

Get the Rock Smash TM from the brunette southwest of the Pokemon Center, and heal at the Pokemon Center if needed. Then go through the aquarium. Head to the beach and get a hidden Rare Candy. Get the Dowsing Machine and dodge the right-facing swimmer. Enter Cyllage City. Get a bike and register it. Buy 12 Soda Pops, get the hidden X Speed, and head northwest to Route 10. Look for a Hawlucha, use Aerial Ace to weaken it, and Throw Luxury Balls at it to catch it. Have Farfetch’d forego learning Slash when it reaches level 19. Move the caught Hawlucha upfront. If it is level 19, use Two Rare Candies, and have it learn encore. Make a note of its stats at level 20, as well as its speed in level 21. Then Teach Hawlucha Swords Dance. If Hawlucha is level 20 initially, take a note of its stats, teach it Swords Dance and Rock Smash, and use the two Rare Candies on it. In any case, return to Cyllage City and heal at the Pokémon Center. Give Hawlucha a massage, and then move Farfetch’d back to the front of the party. Then enter the gym. Begin the battle with Leader Grant, and use Leer against his Amaura until Farfetch’d faints. Then use Karate Chop or Rock Smash to KO the Amaura. If Hawlucha is level 21, then use Swords Dance twice and then a Karate Chop on his Tyrunt. If Hawlucha is level 22, then use Swords Dance, and use Rock Smash twice to KO the Tyrunt. If Hawlucha is hit by Rock Tomb twice in the process, then heal up before dealing the finishing blow. Get the Cliff Badge and TM39.

This part is long, but doable. However, a lot of things can go wrong here, especially in the double battles. My Pokémon currently consist of a level 13 Farfetch’d, and a level 9 Chespin. I will have a report hopefully by next week.

Last edited: