• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

The_Orb

Couldn't respond for a while cuz Serebii thought I was a bot but yeah, both Pokeball and Fancy patterns were in the box. AFAIK, I can't post a picture because of this site's image rules though, so you'll just have to take my word.

zolios

Recently I've only been catching Scatterbug and evolving them into a Marine pattern Vivillon and then transferring them up to HOME. Turns out Vivillon patterns are a hot commodity on HOME's GTS and with my Marine pattern ones in nice matching Pokeballs (Dive and Net), I've been able to trade for a lot of cool stuff in the last few weeks.

So basically I just catch a box full of Scatterbug in Santalune Forest, quickly train them up in Victory Road untill they fully evolve and then send them to Bank and then HOME.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Recently I've only been catching Scatterbug and evolving them into a Marine pattern Vivillon and then transferring them up to HOME. Turns out Vivillon patterns are a hot commodity on HOME's GTS and with my Marine pattern ones in nice matching Pokeballs (Dive and Net), I've been able to trade for a lot of cool stuff in the last few weeks.

So basically I just catch a box full of Scatterbug in Santalune Forest, quickly train them up in Victory Road untill they fully evolve and then send them to Bank and then HOME.
Couldn't respond for a while cuz Serebii thought I was a bot but yeah, both Pokeball and Fancy patterns were in the box. AFAIK, I can't post a picture because of this site's image rules though, so you'll just have to take my word.
You two are wonderful for playing this underrated and amazing game <333
Is it the first time u play it?

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I'm bouncing back and forth between playing Y and Brilliant Diamond, depending on which system needs charging. I'm about to take Korrina on in her gym. Current lineup:
Charmeleon - level 32
Inkay - level 26
Helioptile - level 26
Quilladin - level 33
Floette - level 28
Amaura - level 28

Vindicated30.6

I lost to Korrina twice and had to reset going with type matchups. The third time I decided to think outside the box and put Quilladin up front. I used Leech Seed and then Rollout. Took care of her quite nicely. Quilladin evolved shortly after, and then I found a Heracross in the next route! My favorite Mega Evolution! But its Mega Stone is only available post game. Unless I can trade for it...

Edit: 5 hours later, walloped Ramos' gym. I traded for a Heracronite, evolved Charizard, Malamar and Chesnaught, then replaced Chesnaught with Heracross. Mega Stones equipped to Charizard and Heracross, but it was Amaura that was the Star of the fourth
gym. I was hoping he would evolve but he still needs three more levels. Charizard ended up getting the finishing blow on Ramos' Gogoat with a Drought boosted Flame Burst.

Also beforehand, I got Helioptile some levels fishing for Clamperl on Azure Bay. Grabbed the Deep Sea Tooth and Scale for the dex entries.

Current lineup:
Amaura - level 36
Charizard - level 39
Heracross - level 32
Helioptile - level 34
Floette - level 35
Malamar - level 34

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Recently got a few shinies including in a new playthrough...I know most legit trades a gone and its mostly bot servers although i'll never use them online since i'm not into online competitive pokemon gaming and in most cases i keep them for personal use.

However these have been really nice to look at or mixed results.
Mudkip (Purple is so weird on it.
Umbreon OMG those blue rings are so amazing
Aegislash Black and Red is incredible like with Charizard would be cool (got it 2 weeks ago when i was finishing my run...it was a big help against the last Team Flare Lysandre battles and the Elite 4)

Honorable mention
Torchic not shiny and not from a server but whoever names it KFC? thats just sad.
I brought it to the daycare to good old day-care breeder on route 7 to get a non-nicknamed one

Vindicated30.6

Recently got a few shinies including in a new playthrough...I know most legit trades a gone and its mostly bot servers although i'll never use them online since i'm not into online competitive pokemon gaming and in most cases i keep them for personal use.

However these have been really nice to look at or mixed results.
Mudkip (Purple is so weird on it.
Umbreon OMG those blue rings are so amazing
Aegislash Black and Red is incredible like with Charizard would be cool (got it 2 weeks ago when i was finishing my run...it was a big help against the last Team Flare Lysandre battles and the Elite 4)

Honorable mention
Torchic it was not shiny and not from a server but whoever names it KFC? was just weird, i brought it to the daycare to get a non-nicknamed one)I
I named my Torchic Chick Norris :p

Vindicated30.6

Back in the day I would name Wooper Thanks4Askin (referring to the song from the old South Park movie)

Diskidlol19

Back in the day I would name Wooper Thanks4Askin (referring to the song from the old South Park movie)
Hey idk if anyone here would even think about doing this but I have pokemon Y and I'm wondering if anyone was willing to play pokemon X with the name FetusPunch3r all the way up to getting Xerneas and trade it to me with me. I'll even trade any legendary Pokemon holding any item as long as it's reasonable

Pokefan_1987

Just figured out i had unused poke miles never knowing what they did. Turns out they can buy you stuff. Among those things you can get from a butler in the southern boulevard pokecenter in lumiose city are Rare Candies.

I was angry that i was still 3 levels away from evolving Zweilous into Hydreigon after doing a Elite 4 run with Exp Boost lvl 3 and found out that those rare candies were 500 points each (i had 2018 points) I dashed right there to finish leveling it up to lvl 64. Now i can finally name it Ghidorah and the name will make sense.

Vindicated30.6

After beating Ramos and being able to Fly, I'm going back and gathering some Living Pokedex filler. A lot of what I'm missing is from Hoenn through Kalos, and I'm filling in the gaps! I'll update once I can pull my Switch version of Home up. I wish the mobile version would tell me how many I still need. At least it lets me sort by registered and unregistered.

Pokefan_1987

Just got a shiny Mew in a GTS trade, i put up a Articuno instead and luckily the modding servers like deadcns or piplup.net weren't online at the moment.

These are the stats

Mew
OT Trainer: Logan
Ball: Cherish Ball
Where: A lovely place

lvl 100
HP 404
Atk 236
Def 236
Sp. Atk 212
Sp. Def 321
Speed 244
Nature Careful

Vindicated30.6

I'm down to less than 40 for my living Pokedex! After that, I intend to finish story mode on the games I currently have and then shiny hunt! Jamming out to the "X and Y" rap by Adam WarRock and SuperCommuter on YouTube while I play!

Vindicated30.6

Update 5-17: The night before last I cleaned out the Lumiose gym, intentionally getting every question wrong in order to grind. Laid waste to Clemont. Last night my Mega Charizard Y one shotted Valerie's entire team with Drought boosted Flamethrower! Ended the night at the entrance of Frost Cavern.

The_Orb

I'm trying to get a good streak in the Maison. First run ended at only 49, so I'm switching up my team a bit.

Last team used Garchomp, Greninja, and Mega Gengar.

So now I'm planning a new team:

Mega Kangaskhan - Fake Out/Return/Crunch/Power-Up Punch
Jolly nature, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Greninja - Surf/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Extrasensory
Timid nature, 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

Aegislash - Shadow Ball/Shadow Sneak/Sacred Sword/King's Shield
Quiet nature, 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD (yes, I got this straight this from smogon)

So hopefully here I can still play offensively like last time while having a little more bulk.

Vindicated30.6

I beat the last gym two nights ago. This morning I turned my game on and my save file is corrupted. *flips table*

Vindicated30.6

It's a replay. I put over 300 hours into it when it was new.