• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I just started my game over. I picked Chespin again and named my character Amour again. If Chespin had been male, I would have named it Clemont, but it's a girl so I named her Bonnie!

Edit 8/4/22: I decided to make it a Nuzlocke, largely because I want to get some Shiny Charms in my various games and shiny hunt like crazy until Gen 9 comes out. After getting Bonnie the Chespin, my first catch was a Pidgey I named Air Force 1+. After that I got a Fletchling I named Bryce in Santalune Forest. I caught a Bunnelby right after the forest, and when I was offered a Farfetch'd for it in Santalune City, I took that trade, knowing it would be handy in the Bug type first gym. Quacklin handled itself quite well.
Route 22 added a Azurill named Juvia to the team. On Route 4 I accidentally fainted a male Combee.
When given the choice, I chose Professor Sycamore's Charmander, naming it Leon with an accent over the E.
Route 5 got me a Furfrou. Not what I would have chosen. I named it GTShole as a reference to all the people asking for rare Go exclusive versions of Furfrou on the GTS.
Strangely enough, on Route 6 I almost had a TPK in a double battle against a pair of Furfrou. Guess I learned my mistake in disrespecting the species. Unfortunately Air Force 1+, Bryce, Juvia, and even Leon fell before these two demonic dogs. What made it saddest is Leon hit level 16 in the battle. I said to myself "if he survives, at least I'll have a Charmeleon." Sadly he did not.
I went back to Camphrier City, buried my dead, put GTShole begrudgingly in my party, and went back to Route 6, where I caught a Kecleon of all things, which I named Boy George. (+10 to anyone who gets that reference.) I stopped there because it was 1am and my battery was dying.

Last edited:

Vindicated30.6

Edit 8/22/22: So I just wiped and started over. Going with a music theme this time.
Pidgey is Aerosmith
Pansage is Beastie Boyz (and yet I've repeatedly run into Pikachu trying to get through Santalune Forest, but I get the Grass Monkey)
Bunnelby is Good Bunny (instead of Bad Bunny)

Vindicated30.6

After almost a month's break, I decided to switch from a luck based Nuzlocke to an even more luck based Wonderlocke! Good Bunny has been replaced by a Litleo, and Beastie Boyz by a French Dunsparce named Insolourdo. After soloing the Santalune Gym, Aerosmith has been swapped for A French Zigzagoon named Zigzaton and my Chespin was swapped for a French Bunnelby named Sapereau. I then caught a Skitty outside Santalune City and traded it for a French Bidoof named Keunotor! Apparently the Kalos region is still popular in France!

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Yesterday, I was EV training Sigilyph on Route 12 in X. I attracted a horde of Mareep, and one happened to be Shiny. After taking out the other four, I caught him in a Repeat Ball, but was not pleased to learn he was Adamant, despite not liking Shiny Ampharos much. I then saved the game.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yesterday, I was EV training Sigilyph on Route 12 in X. I attracted a horde of Mareep, and one happened to be Shiny. After taking out the other four, I caught him in a Repeat Ball, but was not pleased to learn he was Adamant, despite not liking Shiny Ampharos much. I then saved the game.
Thank you for playing this game

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
With Scarlet and Violet coming out soon I realized I needed a ribbon collector that would survive all the border patrols. I went back to Sapphire and caught a Pikachu knowing this is the most likely Pokémon to be allowed to pass (I also caught a Girafarig that I hope to evolve). I collected ribbons in Sapphire, Pearl, HeartGold and then ended the night collecting a couple in Y. Will finish up getting some ribbons in OmegaRuby, Sun, Shield, Brilliant Diamond and Legends Arceus tonight.

I noticed that while challenging the Elite 4 that the teams of these trainers are pretty terrible. They only use 4 each and are quite underwhelming. Diantha is obviously head and shoulders above them but a clear unspectacular group. Knowing Malva is a former Flare executive makes her place weird but Wikstrom in his armor makes me think he came from the Galar region as it looks like the Galarian armor talked about.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A week or so ago, I attracted a horde of Durant on Route 18 in X, and one was a Shiny. I defeated the remaining four and caught it in a Net Ball. I wasn't happy it was Brave, but at least it had Swarm and not Truant/Hustle. Then, I saved the game.

Vindicated30.6

With Scarlet and Violet coming out soon I realized I needed a ribbon collector that would survive all the border patrols. I went back to Sapphire and caught a Pikachu knowing this is the most likely Pokémon to be allowed to pass (I also caught a Girafarig that I hope to evolve). I collected ribbons in Sapphire, Pearl, HeartGold and then ended the night collecting a couple in Y. Will finish up getting some ribbons in OmegaRuby, Sun, Shield, Brilliant Diamond and Legends Arceus tonight.

I noticed that while challenging the Elite 4 that the teams of these trainers are pretty terrible. They only use 4 each and are quite underwhelming. Diantha is obviously head and shoulders above them but a clear unspectacular group. Knowing Malva is a former Flare executive makes her place weird but Wikstrom in his armor makes me think he came from the Galar region as it looks like the Galarian armor talked about.
I swept Diantha mostly with my Skill Link Cloyster. 2/3 of her team is weak to Ice type moves.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
just came upon a glitch in my X file. ive been maxing out the berries and you need to pull weeds once in a while to water the plants. i had to do that just now and i push A on to say yes to pull the weed or water and the screen goes black i press the button a few times and the screen goes back to normal. i didnt have the volume on to hear it it glitched the animation but the 2 screens went balck and the blue power button dimmed. it did this for 2 or 3 plants, didnt bother to try the rest of them. very weird glitch, the 3ds had more than enough battery power.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Yesterday, I was level grinding Absol on Route 8 in X. I attracted a horde of Wingull, and one was a Shiny. I took down all the regular ones and caught it in a Net Ball. I nicknamed her Peeko, learned she was Lonely, and saved.