• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X/Y sprites: the making of

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Here is the edit of Xerneas:
http://i43.*******.com/2n1s7ch.png-->
ezimba13269310263200.gif

I cleaned it up a bit and removed some colors to have 15 (the maximum amount of a pokemon sprite).
I'm glad how it turned out but the head still doesn't look ideal to me. Maybe someone else could try to edit it because I stared at it for too long :p

Silversea: Yeah it doesn't bother me as much that is smaller because it looks like a really tiny bird. I also noticed that on your deviantart-account your fletchling is different then the one you posted here. Which one the the newest version?
The fletchinder sprite looks really nice too. I would like to do some small edits when I got some spare time but it already looks great.
Could you also post all the sprites in this thread in the future because it will be easier to see when you made a new sprite for the project :)

ps: love the deviantart account! The photo's are amazing.

Silversea

ezimba13269310263200.gif

I cleaned it up a bit and removed some colors to have 15 (the maximum amount of a pokemon sprite).
I'm glad how it turned out but the head still doesn't look ideal to me. Maybe someone else could try to edit it because I stared at it for too long :p

Silversea: Yeah it doesn't bother me as much that is smaller because it looks like a really tiny bird. I also noticed that on your deviantart-account your fletchling is different then the one you posted here. Which one the the newest version?
The fletchinder sprite looks really nice too. I would like to do some small edits when I got some spare time but it already looks great.
Could you also post all the sprites in this thread in the future because it will be easier to see when you made a new sprite for the project :)

I think the only difference is that a gave a darker shade of orange to the one that you see on my dA EDIT: Oh I also smoothed the shading a bit, I didn't think dithering was neccessary. I'd be interested in seeing how you'd improve it.

PS: That xerneas head is so much better.

EDIT2: Here are the current ones:
Fletchling.png
and also http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s405/DolphinsongMelody/Fletchlinder.png (can't attach more than 1 image >.>)

Last edited:

Sour Monster

ezimba13269310263200.gif

That looks amazing! Loving all the new sprites guys.

Silversea

Here is my edit for fletchinder
Fletchlinder.png
-->
ezimba13269389233300.gif

Ah you did an awesome job on that annoying tail (does look a tiny bit off cause of the angle in relation to rest of body but I love it). I definitely approve of the black outline on the wings on the back view, looks tons better, I wasn't sure if I should have done it or not.

I might edit the eyes more, they don't seem defined (that isn't your fault).

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

I... am not too fond of the head. Frankly, it looks a little oversized and somewhat loses its mystical feel, as Xerneas is looking like a normal deer and quite... cute. I feel like its head should be somewhat raised, only looking at the opponent with the corner of its eye, somewhat like Serperior, as if it has many other things to care about than the pathetic opponent.

Also, its left forelimb is outlines with brown. I know you want to indicated the other side of the stripe, but it just comes off as a little untidy, and besides, the stripe is probably a little further away.

I also added some more shading.

Here is the edit:

http://i40.*******.com/1zoxceu.gif

Last edited:

Silversea

I've taken my "old" sprites and after seeing what you did I fixed it up. I also had an unfinished WIP tail for the back view which I should have used cause it looks so much closer to yours (i.e. better).

Time to get some more sprites going I think.

Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Fletchinder I also like the changes of fletchinder. I also agree with silversea that the tail still is a little bit off.

Xerneas You're right AWildMew, the head could use some more mistery. Your edit seems right of angle but now the shape looks a bit weard and distorted.

Mew The Gato

Xerneas You're right AWildMew, the head could use some more mistery. Your edit seems right of angle but now the shape looks a bit weard and distorted.

Indeed, it looks like it is slightly bent.

This is also true. Here is the edit:

http://i40.*******.com/123bdba.gif

I am not sure if it fixed it, though. Could you be a little more specific, please? :)

Silversea

Its kind of funny watching you both argue over Xerneas.

Here was what I was thinking with Fletchinder's eyes personally, I also shaded the front view's left wing a bit better. (PS this is just an edited version of mine so I could try and improve myself, you can add my edits to your edited version). Don't know about my tail? I think it works though...

Fletchlinder-2.png

Last edited:

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina
Wow! These are looking awesome! Good job guys! I really enjoyed seeing the progession of these, especially Xerneas! Also, Can i suggest a Hawlucha sprite, please?

Sour Monster

Dunno if it's any good but I gave Heliolisk a try using the Dex image as a template. Might try doing it from the sketch too later.

Heliolisk2.png

As usual I think the shading needs improving! I'm never sure on the shading.

Silversea

Dunno if it's any good but I gave Heliolisk a try using the Dex image as a template. Might try doing it from the sketch too later.

Heliolisk2.png

As usual I think the shading needs improving! I'm never sure on the shading.

I like how you started it off, but as I am bored, and if I may, I tweaked the shading and lines a little (mostly in tail). You only need 3 shades to a colour (highlight, base, and shadow). You used 2 shadows on the grey.

heliolisk.png

I am never sure of shading either, I imagine noobiess could do better.

Last edited:

Sour Monster

I like how you started it off, but as I am bored, and if I may, I tweaked the shading and lines a little (mostly in tail). You only need 3 shades to a colour (highlight, base, and shadow). You used 2 shadows on the grey.

heliolisk.png

I am never sure of shading either, I imagine noobiess could do better.

Good job, looks better to me. :D

EDIT: Had a go at Dedenne.

Dedenne1.png

My gawd... someone please fix the whiskers lol. I hate them!! If you can improve in any other ways too please do.

Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
SourMonster, I amaze me again. The sparkle in dedenne's eyes looks so cute ^^

I'm currently editing dedenne (so hopefully others will give me time to finish my edit). The heliolisk looks nice and the shading of silversea looks really good. But I want to do some minor changes if I have some more time

Sour Monster

SourMonster, I amaze me again. The sparkle in dedenne's eyes looks so cute ^^

I'm currently editing dedenne (so hopefully others will give me time to finish my edit). The heliolisk looks nice and the shading of silversea looks really good. But I want to do some minor changes if I have some more time

Glad you like it, just noticed I missed the tips off the whiskers too lol. Whoops. I might give Chespin a go next.