• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xattastic Xats!

Alot of people probably use xats on here *stares at all clan people* Yes, most clans on serebii use them for discussion, but serebii has official ones as well. Tell about some things about the xats you go on!

Nyter

Island Challenger
I usually stay in my clan xat and barely go on there...
But this is the BEST place to rant about someone...

A couple of months ago, someone by the name of "HelloThere" has caused mayhem and wreck all over and is hidden within SPPF. We don't know his SPPF Username but we know it's a troll that has wrecked interwebz friendship and such.

I had a hunch it was Neo-Duality but when confronted, he had no clue...
So we are in a blank as to who it is.

That is why Xat can be somewhat aggravating to me!

I usually stay in my clan xat and barely go on there...
But this is the BEST place to rant about someone...

A couple of months ago, someone by the name of "HelloThere" has caused mayhem and wreck all over and is hidden within SPPF. We don't know his SPPF Username but we know it's a troll that has wrecked interwebz friendship and such.

I had a hunch it was Neo-Duality but when confronted, he had no clue...
So we are in a blank as to who it is.

That is why Xat can be somewhat aggravating to me!

Trolls are a HUGE problem. There are alot, some wonderers, some trouble makers, but they are still horrible, definately the downside of xats.

Trolls are a HUGE problem. There are alot, some wonderers, some trouble makers, but they are still horrible, definately the downside of xats.

Trolls are the best thing of a xat.

I use my clan's xat and sometimes other videogames' xat (like Halo)

I don't understand the mod system in xat though... IS THERE even one?

The Mod System
Guest - Their icon is green. No powers

Member - Their icon is blue. No powers but can chat in Member's Only Xats

Mod - Their icon is White. They can ban and kick and make Guests Members

Owner - Their icon is gold. They can do everything a Mod can but on a larger scale (like banning someone forever). They can also make people into Mods

Main Owner - Their icon is also gold. They are the makers of the Xat and do everything
an Owner can except they can make people owners. They cannot be banned from the Xat.

Does that help, Nyter?

Anyway, Xats are fun. I've been through all the ranks. My favorite of course was Main Owner since I had absolute power. I'm not sure if I was abusing my power but I felt like I was kicking and banning a lot. I first gave a warning for them to leave. Then I give another warning. Then I kick them. If they come back, I warn them one last time and kick them. If they still come back, I perma ban them. That's what I do to all random people.

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
Yes it helps BUTTTTTTTT....
Is there like actual MODS for the ENTIRE xat system as SPPF has the moderators and owners (Ellie, Profesco, Serebii, etc.) here?

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
really it is simple to understand if you read the faqs from that site.

my one is not for anyone to enter. besides mine isn't guest friendly hehe.

i visit clan rooms as i am clanless anyway. the forum room isn't a place for me to casually chat.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've never heard of these "xats". It sounds interesting. Care to explain what they are?

Nyter

Island Challenger
They are personalized customed chatrooms you create where you can design the background art and the music playing while one chats with a certain community.
U can add members and visit each others xats and ban nasty little trolls!

I hear The Justin Bieber xat is quite popular!

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
xat is freakin amazing and much more conveint than the vm system. heres the main site if you want xat.com theres also these thing called "powers" that you can buy (with real money, however). they can spiff up your name with colors, allow you to change the look of the smilies and many other privileges non subscribers cant do.
and pretty much only the competitive section of serebii uses em, from wat ive seen

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I don't get those Xat things. quite confusing