• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xbox 360 Worth Getting?

Laser Shuckle

well i want to get one but i don't know if it's worth getting because i won't be able to go online with it.

is it worth saving up for if you can't play it online?

Chris

Old Coot
While online play does make it more enjoyable, there are still quite a number of titles that can be enjoyed offline. I'd say go for it.

In before some moron decides to turn this into a console war thread.

Cobalt_Latios

well i want to get one but i don't know if it's worth getting because i won't be able to go online with it.

is it worth saving up for if you can't play it online?
In all honesty, it's a heck of a lot easier to know if something is worth buying if there is something you're going to be getting for it. Any particular games you've seen (or read about for that matter) that you've liked? I can't exactly recommend any at this moment until I've got an idea for the games you like (genres maybe).

Although, there's quite the assortment of first person shooters, and is beginning to be quite the affectionado for RPGs it seems. Not to mention racers.

Also, if you're not going to be going online with it, well then you may want to consider the Arcade version. Much cheaper and doesn't have all the doodads that the Pro one has (even if it's just another 100 dollars).

Even though I'm the owner of a Wii and PS2 (soon to be PS3), I've considered the 360 a few games with titles like Bioshock, Orange Box, and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. There are a few other titles, I just can't think of them at this time (I think that Burnout Revenge and Project Gotham racing are also for the 360, but I ain't too sure there...).

Anyways, that's my take. Buy something for what you want if for, not for the sake of getting it. That's my philosophy on purchases.

~C_L~

Laser Shuckle

In all honesty, it's a heck of a lot easier to know if something is worth buying if there is something you're going to be getting for it. Any particular games you've seen (or read about for that matter) that you've liked? I can't exactly recommend any at this moment until I've got an idea for the games you like (genres maybe).

Although, there's quite the assortment of first person shooters, and is beginning to be quite the affectionado for RPGs it seems. Not to mention racers.

Also, if you're not going to be going online with it, well then you may want to consider the Arcade version. Much cheaper and doesn't have all the doodads that the Pro one has (even if it's just another 100 dollars).

Even though I'm the owner of a Wii and PS2 (soon to be PS3), I've considered the 360 a few games with titles like Bioshock, Orange Box, and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. There are a few other titles, I just can't think of them at this time (I think that Burnout Revenge and Project Gotham racing are also for the 360, but I ain't too sure there...).

Anyways, that's my take. Buy something for what you want if for, not for the sake of getting it. That's my philosophy on purchases.

~C_L~

well i've heard the arcade version doesn't have enough memory to let you save game data... although i could be wrong.

i was thinking of getting it for games like mercanaries 2, Midnight club LA, halo 3 and Possibly GTA 4

if the arcade version does have enough memory to save significant game data, then i could get that.

thanks for the replies. :]

treespyro

Vintage much?
All Consoles have their Postives and Negatives. So go for it

But check properly to see details on Xbox Live and the Games

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Absolutley. You really should get a 360 instead of a PS3. Trus me, a 360 is much more worth it.

Super_Trainer

You should most definately get a 360 there are so many good games on it and xbox live its amazing. Gears of War 2 is coming out on friday and then cod waw on the 11th so many people are gona be playing it, its a good idea to get a 360. :)

zyrdrake

Fallout: New Vegas
the 360 games are funner with wi-fi but theres still good games like halo 3 is fun with friends over, and univers at war is cool and star wars force unleashed is a gangster game

Killer Grunt

It depends on the games really if you like the games on the 360 then go for it. I have one and its been great i dont go online much with it so you dont have to worry about it not being any fun without being able to go online.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
well i've heard the arcade version doesn't have enough memory to let you save game data... although i could be wrong.

i was thinking of getting it for games like mercanaries 2, Midnight club LA, halo 3 and Possibly GTA 4

if the arcade version does have enough memory to save significant game data, then i could get that.

Arcade is pretty pointless to get if you plan on playing the system a lot. You'd end up buying an extra hard drive which is just annoying and more money so go with Pro.

I'm pretty sure you should get GTA IV over Mercs 2. I've only played GTA IV of the two and it's still your choice but GTA IV was much more well received.
I also recommend looking into titles such as The Orange Box, Dead Space, Gears of War, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Call of Duty 4.

Cobalt_Latios

in bold: Well, you may be right. Check first to make sure. In my experience, do research first to know about what you're getting yourself. This helps prevent problems in the long run.

Hmm, considering that M2, H3, and GTA IV all have a broader experience online, you may be a tad out of luck. Granted, I haven't really played any of those games, that's just what I've heard about them from IGN. Though, I'd say they may have a decent single player campaign, so it really wouldn't matter that much.

All Consoles have their Postives and Negatives. So go for it

But check properly to see details on Xbox Live and the Games
Very true. I find that I've been torn between the 360 and PS3 numerous times; I've seen multiple X360 games that I've considered getting, but I've also had my eye on multiple PS3 games. The bottom line though, is my current monetary status; you can't really go too far if you can't pay for it.

Back to the topic though, do some research, know what you want and see if it matches what you need, and go from there. Works on most accounts.

~C_L~

Laser Shuckle

in bold: Well, you may be right. Check first to make sure. In my experience, do research first to know about what you're getting yourself. This helps prevent problems in the long run.

Hmm, considering that M2, H3, and GTA IV all have a broader experience online, you may be a tad out of luck. Granted, I haven't really played any of those games, that's just what I've heard about them from IGN. Though, I'd say they may have a decent single player campaign, so it really wouldn't matter that much.

Very true. I find that I've been torn between the 360 and PS3 numerous times; I've seen multiple X360 games that I've considered getting, but I've also had my eye on multiple PS3 games. The bottom line though, is my current monetary status; you can't really go too far if you can't pay for it.

Back to the topic though, do some research, know what you want and see if it matches what you need, and go from there. Works on most accounts.

~C_L~

ok, thanks. i think i'll save up for the pro and get Halo 3 and a few others.

@Charizard Champion: i'll probably get both GTA and Mercs if i get the chance.

@Everyone: thanks for the replies. ^_^

Cobalt_Latios

You're in luck by the way, as it seems that you can get yourself the XBox 360 holiday bundle. Apparently, it comes with the 360 Pro and two games (Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones). Frankly, that's a pretty damn decent deal (and, you could always trade in the two games if you don't like them for the ones you do want; you'll save yourself some money in the long run. Not much, but you will save something).

~C_L~

fhqwhgads

Also, yes, buy it. Mass Effect is a great offline game.