• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XBOX ONE Opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus3k

I finally bought an Xbox 360 when Transformers: War for Cybertron came out, and I have just settled into truly enjoying the machine. Now all this. It's just too much stuff. One of the reasons I shied away from the PS3 was that it did too much. I think that I would rather have a machine do one thing and do it well instead of a machine do a dozen things poorly. Perhaps that makes me sound old. Anyway, the release is still months away, and the only thing that's changed for me is that I'm no longer going to buy it day one. I'm going to wait and see.

Like an old person does. :(

Last edited:

Rezzo

Occasionally
I wish people would stfu about backwards compatibility. Keep your older system, problem solved.

Yeah, it probably could of been added for minimal cost, but seriously.

Consoles break after a given period of time. I've never personally seen this as a huge issue, but some people do.

I've never had anything break, apart from a PS2 and I can point a finger to why that broke. Me and my friend used to hit it so that the CGI in certain games would mess up and play the wrong videos. Oh being a child was so much fun

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Consoles break after a given period of time. I've never personally seen this as a huge issue, but some people do.

That's the thing, the 360 is just prone to crapping out, or at least the ones I get always do. I'm on my third or fourth now and it takes 20 minutes to start up and read a game disc.

Mister_SGG

This. It's not a terribly big deal. Most of the games worth buying for older consoles are put on the console's online shop anyway.

And by 'most' I'm sure you mean 'Missing 99% of great classic titles'. Regardless, I shouldn't have to buy a game twice, just so it will function.

I wish people would stfu about backwards compatibility. Keep your older system, problem solved.

Yeah, it probably could of been added for minimal cost, but seriously.

Older systems are just that, old. My PS2, for example, doesn't work for sh*t anymore. So when I want to play one of those games, I need to play a PC version, which doesn't always work out because my computer is awful. Backwards compatibility is a BIG deal, one that I'd be willing to pay at least an extra 50$ for.

Last edited:

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Very disappointing reveal, honestly with all the problems that occurred, Microsoft just gave Nintendo and Sony a HUGE advantage. Why do we need all these features on a console? Rather than games we get.... Skype. Shocking shocking reveal.

Crystal Power

Jb

Tsun in the streets
That's the thing, the 360 is just prone to crapping out, or at least the ones I get always do. I'm on my third or fourth now and it takes 20 minutes to start up and read a game disc.
Same here, I gotta bang the side of the 360 to make the disc "catch."
Older systems are just that, old. My PS2, for example, doesn't work for sh*t anymore. So when I want to play one of those games, I need to play a PC version, which doesn't always work out because my computer is awful. Backwards compatibility is a BIG deal, one that I'd be willing to pay at least an extra 50$ for.
Buy another PS2 for like, $30. It would be nice, but I'm not going to expect a next gen system to play games from like, 13 years ago.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Honestly I'm not interested in this.

This kinda does most of the things that the Wii U can already do IMO, and the Xbox doesn't really have that great of games at least to me.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Ironically...

XBox One = XBONE, which essentially means...

Skull and crossbones

Get it?

Anyway, after many long years, I think it's time to kill my XBox Live account. XBox One seems like a disaster and I completely hate the direction it's going in. Guess it's time to see what Sony brings up with the Playstation 4, but if that looks like a train-wreck as well, it would definitely seem like money toward a new graphics card, RAM, and processor would be the better way to go.

Mister_SGG

Buy another PS2 for like, $30. It would be nice, but I'm not going to expect a next gen system to play games from like, 13 years ago.

Even if my PS2 worked fine or I purchased another (this will sound extremely lazy), it is awfully tedious to switch between platforms.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I'm not very fired up for this one, but I honestly would have preferred it if it was named the Xbox 720 instead, but eh.

Guess this means I'll have to stick to my PC even more.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/24/xbox-cloud-computing-gaming/
It'll be up to game developers to manage transitions between console-only and cloud assisted graphics, though, since the first few seconds of lighting in a new scene will need to be handled by the console before servers can take over. Of course, that means many titles may look better when you're online, but he added that you'll still be able to play if the internet is cut and "the game is going to have to intelligently handle that."

Ah yes, the old "Your hardware isn't up to it so we'll have servers running massive amounts of cloud processing so you get the full gaming experience" excuse. Wonder where I've heard that one before.

woot21

super noob
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/24/xbox-cloud-computing-gaming/

Ah yes, the old "Your hardware isn't up to it so we'll have servers running massive amounts of cloud processing so you get the full gaming experience" excuse. Wonder where I've heard that one before.
This thing is a gift that just keeps on giving. I have a 360 and I like it (use it more than my WiiU currently), but the One just keeps getting worse every time you hear anything about it.

woot21 out dawgs

SBaby

Dungeon Master
This thing is a gift that just keeps on giving. I have a 360 and I like it (use it more than my WiiU currently), but the One just keeps getting worse every time you hear anything about it.

woot21 out dawgs

It's like a train wreck. It keeps getting worse, but you just have to keep watching it to see how bad it gets.

So, the XBox One only requires a connection every 24 hours. But it might not be that simple for all of its games.

http://beta.fool.com/joekurtz/2013/...w-limits-of-cl/35178/?source=eogyholnk0000001

To Summarize:

You only have to connect once a day for the XBox One, but 'over time' there are going to be game companies that decide to run their games in the Cloud, which means you'll have to be connected all the time to play those games ANYWAY.

Well, THAT accomplished alot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.