• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xeno Series Discussion Thread (Monolith Soft's Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade Chronicles etc.)

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Overview Trailer:

KillerDraco

So here's the deal y'all. For those planning to get Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition; the game is long. A single playthrough can easily be 100+ gameplay hours if you wanna do all the sidequests and everything. The Epilogue, Future Connected, is also able to be played from the start, so those who played the game previously on Wii or 3DS can jump directly into the new content if they so choose.

However, because of the length of the game and the fact that it'll be a lot of players' first time playing since previous releases have had accessibility issues, spoiler tagging will still be enforced. "But it released in 2010" will not be an acceptable excuse, nor is " but Smash". So if I see untagged story spoilers, I'll be deleting your posts. Don't ruin anyone else's experience.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So here's the deal y'all. For those planning to get Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition; the game is long. A single playthrough can easily be 100+ gameplay hours if you wanna do all the sidequests and everything. The Epilogue, Future Connected, is also able to be played from the start, so those who played the game previously on Wii or 3DS can jump directly into the new content if they so choose.

However, because of the length of the game and the fact that it'll be a lot of players' first time playing since previous releases have had accessibility issues, spoiler tagging will still be enforced. "But it released in 2010" will not be an acceptable excuse, nor is " but Smash". So if I see untagged story spoilers, I'll be deleting your posts. Don't ruin anyone else's experience.
In my opinion, just skip the sidequests unless you need the XP. The original Xenoblade Chronicles fetch quests are the worst of the Xeno series, a great example that more does not mean good. You do not play Xenoblade for the sidequests, you play it for the memorable story that last hours and the exploration of the world.

The Mega Champion

Thank you for this. I never played any of the previous versions so this will be my first playthrough of it ever really.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
I try to not pay too much attention to games pre-release, but between putting in some extra content and re-doing the graphics, Definitive Edition looks very dope. My only question is if I should get it right away or not: since I've already played it, I'm not in any particular rush to do so, but at the same time, the biggest reason I haven't replayed it before is because I hate setting up all my Wii junk, and I really want to revisit it.

Actually, **** it. Amazon has it listed for $50, and since as a Nintendo title it probably won't go down in price for a very long time, no time like the present!

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
In my opinion, just skip the sidequests unless you need the XP. The original Xenoblade Chronicles fetch quests are the worst of the Xeno series, a great example that more does not mean good. You do not play Xenoblade for the sidequests, you play it for the memorable story that last hours and the exploration of the world.
If you skip the side-quests, you will miss things like:
Monado Arts (Armor and Eater), other Replica Monados, etc

Thank god, side-quests will be easier in DE thanks to QoL improvements and Quest Markers.

Last edited:

shoz999

Oh man. You guys are not going to regret your purchase when you get this game. This game was revolutionary for it's time, bringing a well-designed open world to the Wii back when Japanese developers were struggling, and some still are, with how to adapt an open world environment to their games. There's a reason why Nintendo often wanted Monolith Soft's help onboard major projects like Breath of the Wild or how Xenoblade Chronicles was declared JRPG of the year for many magazines that it often even beat out games like Persona 4 Golden at that time. This is a game when you put down the controller and think to yourself, I just experienced something amazing.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've never played a Xenoblade game in my life until now. Well, I was definitely interested in the original Wii release, but I was never able to purchase the game. It was a hard game to obtain.

I'm absolutely enjoying this game. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

This will definitely take me time to beat anyways. I have a hard time juggling gaming and work. The gamer in me had to get this game. The fact that I missed out in 2010 bums me out. Here's a chance to make things right.

ebevan91

Mine has been out for delivery all day and FedEx stops delivery in 2 hours. It’s my day off too. Never fails.

The Mega Champion

Well I bought Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition yesterday. Just don't expect me to play it anytime soon because of my still large backlog. :oops:

Now I just have to somehow find Xenoblade Chronicles 2... :confused:

shoz999

Finally got my copy! Can't wait to play the new epilogue after I play the main story again.

The Mega Champion

Well it took forever to find/receive it but I finally have Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I don't know if there will be anymore Xenoblade games but if there are I'll more than likely get them too.