• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xeno Series Discussion Thread (Monolith Soft's Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade Chronicles etc.)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
THERE WILL OF COURSE BE SPOILERS. IT'S MONOLITH SOFT. THERE PLOT TWISTS ARE ENORMOUS!

Discuss the Xeno series, a sci-fi/science fantasy series where the story never truly ends.

sOvKf8SKgJD7qlYkrF7abpSq3Zn-s6uAVLDeuKRP8J8.jpg

Games
Xenogears
Xenosaga
Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I only got so far in the original Xenoblade. I think I recruited Sharla in my playthrough.

I really need to get back to it.

KillerDraco

Xenoblade X definitely has the best exploration and I'd put it as top battle system (although with the additional of the Torna DLC for Xenoblade 2, that's pretty high up there too). But X has the worst narrative and the absolute worst grinding.

Fun fact, I actually used to hold the Western servers' #1 global ranking for most players scouted in Xenoblade X, prior to when I stopped playing. I'd checked back recently and someone else took it (someone I stayed ahead of the entire time), but it was a nice claim to fame previously. Just ran out of things to do and it became a chore.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Xenogears is still probably the best game in the franchise, with Xenosaga coming in second and Xenoblade a very VERY close third.

Xenogears is just great, a role playing game where you use both human sized characters and giant Gundam-esque mechs in combat. Even with the infamous second disc, I'd put it at the top, and it's still one of my top ten RPGs of all time.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Xenoblade Chronicles X is the only game I've played in the series and can say it's one of the worst games I've ever played. Nothing about it was enjoyable... the story was poorly written, horrible characters, and the music would be blaring at the most unusual moments. The biggest problem I had was in order to start a mission you were required to level up or bond with certain characters.

shoz999

Xenoblade Chronicles X is the only game I've played in the series and can say it's one of the worst games I've ever played. Nothing about it was enjoyable... the story was poorly written, horrible characters, and the music would be blaring at the most unusual moments. The biggest problem I had was in order to start a mission you were required to level up or bond with certain characters.
What about exploration, it's main selling point?

shoz999

I usually just ran past powerful enemies to try and reach new areas of the map. From what I remember installing probes was a tedious process.
For me it was a fun and creative experience to reach to a probe. However the most annoying one lol was this one probe on an island in the middle of a deep canyon and I used my Skell, didn't have the flight module, to run up their jump and reach to the spot... only to find out you need a Lv. 5 Mechanical skill lol. But it was also really exciting to get the flight module, discovering other alternative paths to these probes that you never noticed before that was possible on-foot.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is coming out in May 29th
and has an all-new epilogue story with Shulk and Melia. (YAY!)

New Official Art:
EUC0xNxU8AIv2-r

Last edited:

Siddhar

Transcend
And here I am having only played Xenoblade 1. Anyway, I'm loving it, and will surely, in the future, play all the other games in the Xeno series. Excited for Definitive Edition, but I'm more curious about 2 and Torna DLC.
Also, people say the second CD for Xenogears is rushed. Why would that be? Is it so etching like in sword and Shield, or is it worse/better?
Didn't know Shoz999 was into Xenoblade :p

shoz999

OH MY GOD! SOMEONE POINTED THIS OUT IN THE TRAILER! You know how in the game, Alvis usually wears a key around his neck? Look at it now, it's not a key anymore, it's something else. That is crazy. I don't know how to explain this without spoiling Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I will spoil this bit, it seems like in this remake they are going to bridge Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Siddhar

Transcend
Alvis usually wears a key around his neck? Look at it now, it's not a key anymore, it's something else. That is crazy. I don't know how to explain this without spoiling Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I will spoil this bit, it seems like in this remake they are going to bridge Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
I know what you mean.
Phase transition computer is computer on Rhadamanthus?

The Mega Champion

Every so often I keep hearing about Xenoblade Chronicles and it's not because of Smash Ultimate. lol.

I've been considering getting it but I want to play it in order so I'm waiting for the remaster first.

If you want to convince me further... feel free to try to do so. ;)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I pre-ordered the Definitive Edition. I can't wait to delve into this game. I've never played a Xenoblade game before.

It was hard to get my hands on the Wii release for multiple reasons, so unfortunately I never got to experience the game.

The Mega Champion

Honestly I hope they release a demo version. A demo helped me get Nier Automata so if they do something like that for Xenoblade Definitive it would definitely help me decide on whether to get it or not.

The Mega Champion

I'm starting to think I'm not getting a demo. But I'll likely end up getting Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive & Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I just hope I don't regret this. Again.