• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xenoblade Chronicles/X/2 Discussion

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I decided to make this thread since Xenoblade is pretty popular and with the news of the next game in the series "Xenoblade Chronicles X" I thought it would be a wonderful time to make this thread. (Even though I am a little late)

Discuss the newly announced game or the first game. You can also ask for advice/help on certain parts of the game you are stuck on Ex- Boss Fights, can't find a certain thing/place, etc...

Rules-

-Follow all SPPF rules.

-No flaming/character bashing.

-Do not get off topic.

-Try not to argue, it just causes problems.

-Have fun! ^.^

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
how often do Xenoblade threads get made in this forum? every few months-ish?

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
how often do Xenoblade threads get made in this forum? every few months-ish?

Yeah, the same with all the Golden Sun threads.

I am really excited for XC X as it looks very beautiful and some of the creatures look amazing. Seeing as I wanted to, but never did play the original Xenoblade Chronicles, I am making sure I will get this one before it becomes twice as expensive to buy it pre-owned.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If only the British voice acting was more stereotypical.

Shulk: Jolly-good Reyn.
Reyn: It's Reyn time after tea time.

But in all seriousness, I got the game, and I love it. I feel like the game develops over time. It seems that the gameplay develops over time, which keeps the game fresh.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I am stuck at that Spider boss :s Sooo... yeah XD Doing a lot of leveling up.

An unexpected event made me happy... Thanks Mechon with a face.

Zachmac

I always planned on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X, but now that Shulk's in Smash with a playstyle I'm certain I'll love, I really need to play origin game. Plus, I just like good JRPGs in general.

But I'm having the same problem as everyone else getting it - I'm not spending 100 bucks on a single game. I guess I'll be waiting for the New 3DS comes out.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I always planned on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X, but now that Shulk's in Smash with a playstyle I'm certain I'll love, I really need to play origin game. Plus, I just like good JRPGs in general.

But I'm having the same problem as everyone else getting it - I'm not spending 100 bucks on a single game. I guess I'll be waiting for the New 3DS comes out.

Actually, at my local Gamestop they had Pre-Owned Xenoblade games for just 45 bucks. And the thing didn't even seem pre-owned, it looked brand-spanking new. It also had the Club Nintendo card still in it and unused.

Zachmac

Actually, at my local Gamestop they had Pre-Owned Xenoblade games for just 45 bucks. And the thing didn't even seem pre-owned, it looked brand-spanking new. It also had the Club Nintendo card still in it and unused.
Unfortunately, I don't even HAVE a local Gamestop. The chances I do get to go to one are few and far-between.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I bought this game yesterday, actually.

But to be honest, I'm not really the biggest fan of the game's combat system. It's like they took the combat elements of a turn-based RPG and converted it into a movable 3D realm, but forgot to take advantage of all the space a 3D realm provides. It's basically "Hit. Run a bit. hit. Run a bit. Back Slash. Hit. Run a bit," and Turn-based RPGs can get away with that because, well, it's turn-based, what do you expect from a pure numbers game. A game like this though, I'm going to be more critical about.

Having a feature to turn Auto-Battle off even would give this system some more spice.

This is going to get a lot more involved as I go through the game, right?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
It'll get more involved later in the game. Believe or not, you will actually come to quite a few points where having Shulk in the Party is actually a liability so you might want to play around with some of the other characters. I don't know where you are so I don't wanna say any names of the people who you get to know unless you don't care about names,

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm busy ********ting around the areas surrounding Colony 9, leveling Shulk up and getting loot. I wanna get Shulk up to a satisfying level before I advance further so I can cruise through the next few chapters and take in the story. It's something I tend to do a lot.

Last edited:
Don't grind. This game is very anti grinding heavy. You can get exp from discovering landmarks and completing side quests.

But the combat is actually my favourite part of the game. The arts just make it so damn unique and it's so much fun how you can play around with all these characters.

DeathN0te

Super Nerd
I haven't played this game but I saw the trailer for X & was immediately interested. I'm picking up a refurbished Wii (original) soon & I'm definitely going to get the first one.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I'm busy ********ting around the areas surrounding Colony 9, leveling Shulk up and getting loot. I wanna get Shulk up to a satisfying level before I advance further so I can cruise through the next few chapters and take in the story. It's something I tend to do a lot.

I wouldn't worry too much about grinding. Like the post below yours said, the game is pretty anti-grinding. You'll get experience from discovering landmarks and side-quests.
Everything in colony 9 is either super low level, or 40+, so you wont really gain enough to cruise through. If you really want to grind, you gotta explore and do side-quest.

KillerDraco

To add to what people have said, if you do all (or even just most) of the sidequests available in the game, the EXP they give will keep you either overleveled or on target with the level you need to be at until
Mechonis Core
or for a non-spoilers mention, it'll keep you well-leveled until about level 70 or so. You do have to grind a little bit between level 70-99, but even then, it's not too bad.

Believe or not, you will actually come to quite a few points where having Shulk in the Party is actually a liability so you might want to play around with some of the other characters.

I dunno if I'd say Shulk's ever a liability; sure, there are times when his usefulness wanes, but he'll always bring something to the table. Though I would say he truly needs Glorious Future to reach his potential, and it's primarily defensive potential that he brings to the table, given he'll be able to effectively nullify every enemy art in the game. Honestly, there's only one character who I'd say can ever be a liability, and that's Sharla. While her healing may be top notch, her ability to combo in a chain attack is pretty horrid. That, and her talent art (if you even wanna call it that) is a major handicap.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
True, I've never really used Sharla beside when the game made me but when fighting Telethia enemies, I've found that Melia does a way better job at handling them than Shulk does. Irrc, there also times where you need to fight humans but the Monado doesn't work on them, so I used Dunban

It's been a while since I played though. I want to start a new game but I'mma wait for the N3DS version. And

KillerDraco

Yeah, there are exactly three fights where Shulk has a disadvantage:

The fight with the Bionite Order Assassins in Alcamoth (Shulk only does 1 damage to them with the Monado)
The fight with Tyrea and the Solidum Telethia (Shulk again only does 1 damage to Tyrea, but he can still hurt the Telethia, and can dispel its Soul Read with Monado Purge)
The fight with Yaldabaoth and Face Nemesis in Galahad Fortress (the Apocrypha Generator disables all of your Monado Arts. Of course, Shulk can still fight here, it's just that he's at a disadvantage)

Melia does a better job handling Telethia on her own, since her Ether attacks ignore Soul Read, but in terms of dispelling their Soul Read auras so your other teammates can wail on them with physical attacks, Shulk can more quickly get rid of the aura, since it's easier to get a Purge available than it is a Mind Blast. That said, by the time Telethia become more common, Melia is pretty much god tier anyway. Riki too.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Eh, I've always preferred to heavy grind my way in RPGs. Conquering half of the Pit of 100 Trials in TTYD before I fight Hooktail, getting my clerics to promotion level in just a few chapters in an FE game, getting Flynn and his demons up a lot in SMTIV before I fight the Minotaur, etc. Even if advancing through the story gets me EXP, I just like to battle and raise characters that way. It may take me a while, but at least I feel I earned the victory against a tough enemy.

Speaking of tough enemies, how many levels above a Unique Enemy is typically needed to take one out? There's a Level 10 Cellar Bugworm here in Tephira Cave and Fiora, Shulk, and Reyn are level 12. Is that enough?

KillerDraco

Speaking of tough enemies, how many levels above a Unique Enemy is typically needed to take one out? There's a Level 10 Cellar Bugworm here in Tephira Cave and Fiora, Shulk, and Reyn are level 12. Is that enough?

It should be plenty. Early game UMs are actually tougher due to not having all the necessary arts to beat them down, but as long as you can get a chain attack going, and utilize a decent combo (i.e., using the same color arts sequentially in a chain attack to build up the damage), then you'll have no problem. Also fun fact, Talent Arts (the gray arts in the middle of your art bar) can combo with anything in a chain attack, so you can go Red > Gray > Pink and still maintain the combo. It's part of what makes Melia (you get her later) such a beast at chain attacks, because she can combo with basically any character.