• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xenoblade Chronicles/X/2 Discussion

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I’m currently playing Xenoblade 2 and I’m 150 hours in. This game really clicks with me.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
How is everyone even able to grasp even a minuscule of something regarding the controls in Xenoblade games! Granted, I know the consensus is that XB2 has bad tutorials for the controls (and I own the game + X) but like...what is wrong with having an option for more simpler controls that a caveman can understand!

(And don't link me to videos because academics proved that I suck when trying to learn from those)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How is everyone even able to grasp even a minuscule of something regarding the controls in Xenoblade games! Granted, I know the consensus is that XB2 has bad tutorials for the controls (and I own the game + X) but like...what is wrong with having an option for more simpler controls that a caveman can understand!

(And don't link me to videos because academics proved that I suck when trying to learn from those)
With some of the tutorials, I didn't understand exactly what they were telling me, but I figured it out later, like the elemental chains.

I feel like with Xenoblade 2, once you get familiar with the various commands, the game feels very nice to control.

Also, I'm farming rare core crystals in hopes of getting every rare blade. There's a trick I found courtesy of reddit.

Yesterday, I got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a birthday gift and I'm really enjoying playing it. It took me a bit to figure out how the controls work, but after I figured it all out, it is very fun. Don't want to give any spoilers away, so I'll just say I've just completed Chapter 2. Onwards to Chapter 3!

shoz999

Yesterday, I got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a birthday gift and I'm really enjoying playing it. It took me a bit to figure out how the controls work, but after I figured it all out, it is very fun. Don't want to give any spoilers away, so I'll just say I've just completed Chapter 2. Onwards to Chapter 3!
I like your attitude!

The Mega Champion

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd let you all know... that I've made it to the final chapter in the game I'm currently playing (Akiba's Beat) and once I finish this game... I am finally going to play Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

This will be my first time and my first experience with the game/series. I picked it up when it came out because I heard too much about it. I just hope it lives up to the hype and isn't too difficult.

Feel free to give me advice on playing this game if you feel like it I guess. I might need it. o_O

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd let you all know... that I've made it to the final chapter in the game I'm currently playing (Akiba's Beat) and once I finish this game... I am finally going to play Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

This will be my first time and my first experience with the game/series. I picked it up when it came out because I heard too much about it. I just hope it lives up to the hype and isn't too difficult.

Feel free to give me advice on playing this game if you feel like it I guess. I might need it. o_O
Main thing is not too bother with the weapons and armour from the shops since quest rewards/enemy drops are always going to be better (make sure to obtain the Art Books though. Definitive Edition adds the ability to set your character’s appearance so a neat trick to unlock more appearances is to save near a store, purchase your desired items then load your save.

The Mega Champion

So I finished Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition to my liking last night officially. Main game and Future Connected.

Sorry but I can't in good conscious praise the hell out of it. I'm not saying it was bad though. Just... not as good as everyone made it seem like it was I guess. What I will say... is for whatever reason (which I still don't fully understand why lol) I enjoyed Future Connected A LOT more than the main game for some reason. I didn't really struggle all that much in Future Connected so that might be why... but I didn't really struggle in the main game until around endgame so I honestly don't know why I enjoyed Future Connected more. I just did.

What I will say... is that it's probably the best 'open-world' game I've played since FFXV (but I wouldn't say it's the best open world game I've ever played). The story was... fine. For what it was. Nothing I haven't dealt with before and nothing that didn't really blow me away for the most part. There were some unexpected twists/revelations though (NGE much? lol). I had more fun just running around exploring and doing quests than I did anything else mostly. But I don't regret the purchase or playing it so I guess that's really all that matters when it comes down right too it lol.

I do intend on playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Probably soon too since I'm only taking a 'mini-break' by playing the Final Fantasy 7 Remake DLC and then playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 after that. So I'll get to see what the big deal is when it comes to Rex, Pyra, and Mythra I suppose. I'm just trying to prevent myself from being too overloaded or overwhelmed or whatever word you want to use to describe this when it comes to playing too much Xenoblade lol.

So yeah. It is what it is I guess.

Overall I'd say Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition was an 8/10 but if I had to give Future Connected it's own grade I'd say 9/10 with Main game also being an 8/10.

The Mega Champion

Double post BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE IT'S EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

ITS REAL AND IT EXISTS. I LITERALLY JUST GOT INTO AND STARTED PLAYING THIS FRANCHISE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO

THAT FLUTE PLAYED THE SONG OF IRONY

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In response to the Xenoblade 3 announcement, I decided to play more Xenoblade 2 and I now went over 200 saved hours total.

I remember how much I really enjoy this game, but I might go back to Legends: Arceus, and pick it up later.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I kind of expected the second Ouroboros form for each pair since I found it strange that the ones we saw before mostly resembled the Keves member, but it’s neat to have confirmation. Interesting that Sena’s seems to have wings of all things but I’m digging it. Between the six total (so far) playable Ouroboros forms, six classes for each main party member, the additional Hero classes, class switching and fusion arts, the sheer amount of customization in this game is going to be insane.

All in all a solid Direct - gave us more insight into things without spoiling the entire game. Eagerly awaiting July 29th.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
A lot of people were worried about plot spoilers, but most of what was shown was the synopsis of the story.
The closest thing to spoiler territory were some of the scenes with the Vandham guy.

The game looks really good, and I'm glad we're getting the selectable button arts like we did from X2.
I'm curious about the expansion pass. Because of it, I might hold off playing it until 2023 or later.
(I still have not beaten Xenoblade 2 despite all the hours.)

shoz999

So? How are you guys enjoying the new Xenoblade game? Is it great or do you guys want something a bit meatier?

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
At 200 hours I’d say I’m having a blast, but it definitely has its own share of issues. Gonna put pros and cons in spoilers both to be on the safe side and because this is gonna be a long post:

In no particular order:

Pros:
- I adore the main cast and the side characters. They did a really good job of integrating some of the stuff that was previously in Heart-to-Hearts into the main story or Hero Quests which are on the whole way less obtuse to access. No party member feels like they’re “left behind” so to speak like the previous games, where they have their arc and are just kind of…there the rest of the game. Obviously Noah and Mio get a bit more focus but we kind of expected that given the initial marketing. Noah himself can be kind of “bland” depending on how you look at but as far as the cast itself goes they’re easily my favorite party in the series.

- on the note of Heroes I’m a really big fan of the Hero system. It’s a fantastic way of adding additional party members without the “gatcha” mechanic of 2’s Blade system. I know a few of the Hero Quests are story required (Ethel, Juniper, and Valdi) but the quests for most are so good that they don’t really feel like side-content to me. Some are weaker than others but I view a lot of the Hero characters as main characters in their own right and very few feel like an afterthought

- the combat is the best in the series. Period. While they’re are a ton of mechanics it does a lot better job than 2 at explaining them. You can do some absolutely bonkers s*** with it even fairly early on and I love it. The dash mechanic is a God-send, to a point where upon playing XCDE I found myself instinctively clicking the right stick to try and get in position for certain arts only to realize I couldn’t.

- Villain-wise N is absolutely the highlight. Some
May view him as a bit of a Jin copy but there *are* differences. Where-as Jin grew resentful towards humanity and the Blade cycle upon losing Lora, and his character focused on that hate, N is more of a direct analog to Anakin Skywalker - both lose or are at risk of losing the love of their life (in N’s case repeatedly) and are tempted by the big bad to join them in exchange for saving them. Additionally, N’s character is less about hatred towards the cycle and more-so becomes about toxic relationship he develops with M over time. I adore both character arcs and I’m not saying one is better than the other. Just rambling a bit here.

- this one might be a bit controversial but I actually like that the game wasn’t some Avengers: Endgame-style fanservice fest like a lot of folks were. It’d have been cool to have a few more references here and there, but the story not being filled with “hey, member THIS” helped it and it’s characters stand on their own a bit more. For example, You don’t *need* to know that Nia and Melia were previously playable characters to enjoy them here and I like that.

CONS:
- outside of N the villains are pretty weak on the whole. I like D’s little arc with Enunie and he’s a fun villain but he kind of just feels like Mumkhar 2.0 a bit. Z, while interesting in concept (being more of an idea than an actual character) didn’t have nearly enough screen time to me.

- related to Z, the final boss, while cool, drags on way more than it needs to. Having unskippable mini-cutscenes between each phase is neat….but not when there’s 7+ if we’re counting the ones where the party regains the ability to Interlink. The fight didn’t need to be this long.

- there aren’t a lot of “WOW” inspiring landmarks/areas like I had with Eryth Sea in 1 and the Urayan Titan in 2. 3 being a merger of the two was both nice because you got to see little callbacks but it also hurt it because there aren’t a ton of actual unique, standout landmarks outside of Swordmarch and the two castles. Though I will say seeing the ruins of Fonsa Myma within the Uryan Tunnels legit made me pause for a minute just to take it in.

- an offshoot of my last pro. While I’m personally happy that this game wasn’t full of references out the a**, for being marketed as the end of a saga it really didn’t feel like it. I’m aware of the connections and the theming of the story, but the fact that Klaus, the guy the saga is named after isn’t even name-dropped directly once seems odd to me. Maybe the DLC will rectify this a bit. I love the story on its own but as a trilogy concluder I was left a bit wanting.

There’s probably some stuff I missed since it’s currently 4:30 in the morning where I’m at. As far as ranking in the series goes I’d put it above 1, but below 2 in its current state. The DLC could definitely change that though.